Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are your top 3 Anime you never get tired of watching?

Magus_Tahir

Those who love watching Anime will undoubtedly have a few that will never get old no matter how much they watch them. It almost because a yearly ritual for some to take a weekend and binge watch their fave series from start to finish. So what are your anime to watch to break the grind of games and life?

For me my top three!

1. Escaflowne

Spoiler

2. Twelve Kingdoms

Spoiler

3. Hozuki's Coolheadedness

Spoiler

Honorable mention Guin Saga: (Sub is better than the Dub)

Spoiler

If you have never seen any of these I highly recommend them!

16 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Elfen Lied

Rage of Bahamut

Castlevania 

That brought memories of dismemberment, blood and fear of red heads.

In my case, its DBZ:Abridged... does the Abridged version count? It has 3 Seasons and 61 Episodes and Movies up to Broly, so I think it counts.

Hellsing... Abridged.

Ranma 1/2 is a classic.

• Like 1

Just now, Dark_RRiderr said:

Only 2, and im not so much into anime or know if it counts to it but:

Avatar and Khorra series mainly, just love it. Specially the Philosophy behind it

I liked the original avatar series with ang more then khorra. But both where enjoyable.

Tons of anime to choose from.

First didnt like the Khorra series, specially after the end of the first season

Spoiler

("I wont rest until i took every benders powers!" then last episode "Ah lets just forget about all this and start over somewhere else" What?!)

Just the rest of the seasons werent so bad. More scarily for me was.... that i did agree with the main "villain" of the third season almost in every single point.... until he came up with that chaos must reign... that was the last wake up call for me he is wrong.

Ironicly... in Warframe on the beginning i was also very close to following Vor on the beginning instead of Lotus... (trust issues with women...) until he came up with that i will be his soon. Nope, i wont be possessed by anyone... then i better follow that Lotus who doesnt want to own me so far

Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist, also SW: The Clone Wars series though the latter doesn't count as anime.

I don't make a habit of rewatching them regularly though, because i get depressed easily even without thinking about such topics anyways, but still favorites.

As for honorable mentions, i also found Hellsing, Berserk, Attack on Titan, Overlord, Devil May Cry and Tokyo Ghoul (i liked the manga more than the anime)fun, but just haven't found them interesting enough to rewatch them.

Almost every time i'm trying to look for 'non mainstream' anime i find something that looks interesting at first sight, but turns into something at some point that turns me off from watching it completely, like the fanservice parts of anime such as the Monogatari series, SAO (not as much of a 'non mainstream anime', but the first few seasons would have even been watchable without those parts) or RE, but i found the protagonists of both RE and SAO to be so annoying, they ruined the whole anime imo. completely.

This works in anime such as Overlord, because Overlord doesn't take itself seriously and it plays to the fun factor, but imo. it's generally a no-no otherwise.

To rewatch, huh? For me it's Code Geass (R1 and R2, do not get remotely close to that abomination called Akito the Exiled), Bakuman and Persona 4 The Animation. Maybe some Initial D if I feel like watching people talk gibberish for 20 minutes (with some cool car shots and great music sprinkled in amongst the talking). OBAN Star Racers and Galactik Football if I wanna go for personal nostalgia.

Edited by Gabbynaru

1) Versailles no Bara (Rose of Versailles) known as "Lady Oscar" in Europe.

Spoiler

2) Koutetsu Jeeg (Steel Jeeg) / Known as "Jeeg Robot uomo d'acciaio" (Jeeg Robot man of steel) in my country.

Spoiler

3) Ufo Robot Grendizer ("Goldrake" in my country).

Spoiler

Extra) First 3 original seasons of "Saint Seiya" (1986/1990).

Spoiler

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KroneVanguard said:

1) Versailles no Bara (Rose of Versailles) known as "Lady Oscar" in Europe.

Reveal hidden contents

2) Koutetsu Jeeg (Steel Jeeg) / Known as "Jeeg Robot uomo d'acciaio" (Jeeg Robot man of steel) in my country.

Reveal hidden contents

3) Ufo Robot Grendizer ("Goldrake" in my country).

Reveal hidden contents

Extra) First 3 original seasons of "Saint Seiya" (1986/1990).

Reveal hidden contents

Nice to see some Go Nagai works pop up in here. First one of his I ever watched was Devilman and I was a kid at the time boy was that a trip.

Man I feel so cheap for bringing such mainstream options, but still:

Attack on Titan

Fate/Zero

Steins:Gate

Honorable mentioned: SAO abridged by Something Witty Entertainment (that thing is pure gold, I've probably watched the whole series more than 10 times. It is genuinely a straight step-up in every single aspect from the dumpster fire that is the original SAO)

AoT in particular holds a very special place in my heart, it's the anime that started my hobby of watching them back in 2013, and I'm just so invested in its world, characters and themes. Plus, I still haven't found any series that can match its animation quality during action scenes, or have a more fitting and beautiful soundtrack. Even if it's pretty subjective, if you've seen the series and think otherwise, please send examples my way! I'd love to explore other great stuff and expand my horizons. 

• Like 1

Just now, (XB1)ShonFr0st said:

Fate/Zero

That's phenomenal! No reason to feel cheap about this. This is good stuff IMO!

Just now, (XB1)ShonFr0st said:

Steins:Gate

This is supposedly legendary. I'm still waiting for CR or Netflix to get it... I've yet to see it.

• Like 2