Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you think that exterminate mission needs an overhaul or is it fine in its current state?

MorteNexus13

Do note that the increased affinity is present atm if you kill enemies after the mission is completed, enemies will keep comming and will have greater chances at eximus units, this means you are rewarded if you over do the kills necessary.

Exterminate is fine; overhaul defense missions.

Defense makes no sense whatsoever:

"Good job tenno, let's extract with that cryopod"

"Nah, just circle 'round the planet one more time, I want more loot."

"Wtf tenno?!"

Exterminate is fine as it is. It's a bit of fun with your mates, a bit of low-level focus, a chance to see how your new weapons work, movement practise, tile familiarity, etc. It can either be fun, painless or annoying as hell, depending on the particular awkward tile or when the spawns are just totally broken for a while now (I'm looking at you, Lua exterminate....).

Could use some reward modifier like :

-The faster you do it the better the reward will be (working the same way as rotation does, if you go fast enough you'll get the equivalent of a rotation C reward)

-Secondary objective like assissination target randomly popping and giving an additional mission reward (as the caches does in sabotage)

Then again extermination mission could stay as they are but i do think there are many ways to improve them and leaving them as straight forward and fast pace as they are.

On 2020-05-31 at 3:05 PM, MorteNexus13 said:

I was thinking of reducing the number of enemies to kill between, let's say, 40 to 60 (if you want to finish the mission faster), but if the enemy trigger the alarms, the number of enemies to kill is doubled or tripled (depending on the planet, obviously). Thus, choosing whether to finish the mission quickly or gain a little more affinity and resources.

Why or for what? To give a little more depth to the mission. You know, you go on an exterminate mission and kill all the enemies, and you choose whether to finish the mission quickly or cause a big massacre, aka let them call the reinforcements.

Exterminate is one of the biggest opportunities this game has but it reduces the whole mode to a simple bug hunt. 

1. Enemies well prepared with heavy weapons and equipment you will not see on other normal missions. In exterminate the enemy is prepare for a confrontation. They have bosses as backups, they have a moderate set of numbers and the enemy force the player work in teams. Solo may do them but with a less number of enemies of course. 

2. The mission can adjust difficulty to the player build if he goes solo. If the team load out is a high end then expect an uncanny resistance. Enemies will bring bosses as encounters that needs to be done. 

3. Exterminate could pick the best interesting maps for long lasting battles. Or exterminate may deal with a sub category called the classical horde mode with a finite set of hordes. There is a lot of potential when the game DIRECTLY becomes a HORDE LOOT game. These hordes carries items such as a possible forma, Riven, Relic and so on. 

4. Exterminate can be the test for hard and ultra hard difficulty. People who wants to test their abilities and builds can do it here. Same rewards will be given for all difficulty but the drop chances are better for higher difficulties. 

5. Shows enemies that are RARE. Everybody wants to meet John Prodman, Stalker, The Wolf among many others. Yes these are common but there will be strange strong enemies that will only appear on Exterminate like a legion of well equipped 'standard' Liches, like four or five with fair long range and mid range weapons working together as a team and so on. 

I think that Exterminate, the simplest game mode, is the best mode to test new enemies and ideas for War Frame. 

On 2020-05-31 at 3:13 PM, NinjaZeku said:

Exterminate is fine as-is precisely because it's so simple.

You kill enemies. The end. Doesn't need to be more complicated than that.

Sure wish they would view Conclave that way. I just want old fashioned Quake FFA where everyone runs around and randomly shoots everyone else... but from the wiki it seems they have fancy/complicated game modes in Conclave (I still have yet to try it!).

I really liked the slightly older version of exterminates where the kill count was also equal to the amount of enemies spawned in the level. It was nice to clear out a mission and having the level be empty of danger for exploratory purposes like searching for kuria or looking for derelict vaults (or other fun things like orokin parkour puzzle rooms).

The current one (which was implemented a few months after the void fissure rework) allows more enemies to spawn in, which was made due to void fissures not being fast enough to corrupt enough the limited enemy count resulting in extremely fast fissure exterminate clearers to lock themselves (and their squadmates) out of reaching the reactant goal and thus missing out on primed rewards. It ensures exterminate fissures inevitably payout the reactant but somewhat slows down the emptying of a stage for other purposes.

If I could, I would add an alternate form of exterminate (which would be it's own gamemode) where each room is locked down and only after x enemies in that room are killed, do the doors open; the players then move into the next room and repeat the process. Personally I think that style of progress would make a "kill targets the mission" feel a bit more meaningful.

Edited by Obviousclone

2 hours ago, nslay said:

Sure wish they would view Conclave that way. I just want old fashioned Quake FFA where everyone runs around and randomly shoots everyone else

I mean sure, that's just Deathmatch, we've got that.

2 hours ago, nslay said:

from the wiki it seems they have fancy/complicated game modes in Conclave

In addition, yes. (And I for one appreciate the "fancy" attempt of e.g. Lunaro.)

On 2020-06-01 at 12:07 AM, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

As for the exterminates.....it would be cool to have different ones popping up. Make some just regular. Others have a mini boss/squad that comes to take out. Then some have a change of plan that pops in that you still have to eliminate everyone but another thing to do. Kind of like the bounties have extra things to do in them that if done, give something extra.

Cheers 🥂

I had a lynx spawn in Clems mission i had to kill, moar please.

The only fixes I want for exterminate are not adding summoned enemies into the mission count (especially Ratels in Lua, those damn Snipers always put their spawn point in most hidden spots, there was one time when I didn't bring any nuke frame/weapon and had to kill 100+ additional enemies.) also sometimes when you missed an enemy or two the marker told you to backtrack 500m+ and refuse to spawn more enemies in front of you, while in other modes enemies left behind too far gets teleported near your position.