Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I still cant say de did a good job with railjack

2 minutes ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

ah yes,   just like the 3rd orb mother,,  

Maybe 2022 will be finished. I'll get be playing Tsushima, TLoU2, Cyberpunk 77 while this get the necessarily update. My money will be spent in a PS5 and those games. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Maybe 2022 will be finished. I'll get be playing Tsushima, TLoU2, Cyberpunk 77 while this get the necessarily update. My money will be spent in a PS5 and those games. 

Technically one doesn't have to spend a penny on warframe if they don't want to. Of course chances are one will spend some money  to save time.

Still really buggy sadly.

Random greener crew when CY isnt saying a thing. Enemy disappearing when to far from objective. Can't extinguish fire sometime.

Octavia mallet not working same as her ability in railjack mission. Same for Revenant "sometime but not 100% like Octavia".

List goes on.

If only they didnt rushed it..

9 minutes ago, (PS4)HellianKarmas said:

Still really buggy sadly.

Random greener crew when CY isnt saying a thing. Enemy disappearing when to far from objective. Can't extinguish fire sometime.

Octavia mallet not working same as her ability in railjack mission. Same for Revenant "sometime but not 100% like Octavia".

List goes on.

If only they didnt rushed it..

I haven't had many issues since the last patch.

I dont need to spam it now though. Guess just report the bugs and cross your fingers.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

I like it, especially with the potential for add ins in the future. Plus RJ allowed me to get my coveted 100x Energy pad Research. For a slightly newer player, warframe has added a lot of different content for me to partake in and I like feeling kinda overwhelmed:  am I gonna work on this? Work on that? I've been quite entertained the past 8 months.

I just got to the veil, but I'm also working on other goals at the moment but it was fun going from earth to Veil and learning how to complete the content. 

These MMO live service games are about longevity, guys. I've played multiple MMOs for 5 years plus. It's just a long journey so check in and out as you please and remember to have fun.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Technically one doesn't have to spend a penny on warframe if they don't want to. Of course chances are one will spend some money  to save time.

True. I spent few bucks for Baro's Tennocon. I think DE needs some support. However I'll invest in the game if DE continues improving Rail Jack. That is one the game modes I play the most. 

However I can't log in my PS4 right now. I'm having issues with the Felsager account. Looks like there are problems with the PS4 network. 

Edited by Felsagger

9 hours ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

ah yes,   just like the 3rd orb mother,,  

Plot twist - they needed railjack for the 3rd orb.

… actually, that's entirely possible, what squad link and all.

Edited by Loza03
Repeated word.

with a good RJ, the missions are actually fun, with all the swarms of enemies to shoot down and the crazy manouvering to survive.
The only problem I see at this point in time, is soloing missions that require to quickly move from the RJ to space stations or docks... the back and forth is tedious , and the unattended RJ is literally a sitting duck (Cephalon Cy, what the Hek.. can't you at least cloack or dodge? c'mon, we have cars here that can move by themselves, and in that future you cannot? unreasonable).

8 hours ago, Felsagger said:

I find it darkly amusing that you would list Cyberpunk 2077 in there.  I remember the first time I heard of that game, a friend of mine who was really into the pen & paper RPG was raving about it and really excited to see it.  Sadly he died over 5 years ago.  I want to enjoy that game, it looks good, but I can't think about it without being sad that Dan never got to play it.  So I find it darkly ironic that you'd bring up Cyberpunk 2077 as something you'll play while waiting for a Warframe update.  It was first announced summer 2012.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Katinka said:

Didn't the first Tennocon Railjack video have it taking off from Orb Vallis and have Eudico talking to us about it?

No, she was talking to us to get out of the area when Profit Taker... or was the 3rd Orb? Appeared.

And using squad link of the 3rd Orb? Might be a bit tricky, since Steve said about the issue of linking 2 Squads is that "if the hosts of one side loses connection, the progress also stops. So we put the Servers as a medium so progress can continue" or something along those lines.

17 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

No, she was talking to us to get out of the area when Profit Taker... or was the 3rd Orb? Appeared.

Yeah, watched it again and they run from the Profit-Taker (model at least, name not given), then use the Railjack to attack an Obelisk that started an unrelated orbital bombardment.

27 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

And using squad link of the 3rd Orb? Might be a bit tricky, since Steve said about the issue of linking 2 Squads is that "if the hosts of one side loses connection, the progress also stops. So we put the Servers as a medium so progress can continue" or something along those lines.

Aside from the possibility they improved the architecture after the dry run that was Scarlet Spear (which is possible, albeit not likely) they could possibly run something similar. Like, Corpus-focused missions on Venus (regardless of type) cause a squad-link thing when there's a 3rd Orb run going, which drops a harmless side-objective (like special enemies).

I dunno, that might not work.

13 hours ago, Felsagger said:

However Rail Jack is getting better but the pace of progress is insanely slow. The current state of Railjack is satisfactory but the road is long. What we have is barely 20 percent of the whole package. 

That was the exact intent of the very early stage release. They wanted it handed to us in the state we got it so we could test it and give feedback on it and what needed to be developed differently and not just be about bugs. RJ wasnt like Liches, which was a release released as "finsihed", RJ was released as a WIP so the players could give feedback and get what they wanted in return.

Reb even stated that in a thread just a week or two prior to the RJ release.

Sure, a bit more time than intended have passed by, but DE didnt know that corona would hit back when they made the plans for RJ. So phase 3 is still out there somewhere, to be released sometime after Deadlock has gotten the new corpus ships into the game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Katinka said:

I find it darkly amusing that you would list Cyberpunk 2077 in there.  I remember the first time I heard of that game, a friend of mine who was really into the pen & paper RPG was raving about it and really excited to see it.  Sadly he died over 5 years ago.  I want to enjoy that game, it looks good, but I can't think about it without being sad that Dan never got to play it.  So I find it darkly ironic that you'd bring up Cyberpunk 2077 as something you'll play while waiting for a Warframe update.  It was first announced summer 2012.

The game is not RPG based but seems more of an action adventure with RPG elements. CDPR is well known for the Witcher franchise. This project took them about 8 years of their career. This is all or nothing for the studio. 

57 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

That was the exact intent of the very early stage release. They wanted it handed to us in the state we got it so we could test it and give feedback on it and what needed to be developed differently and not just be about bugs. RJ wasnt like Liches, which was a release released as "finsihed", RJ was released as a WIP so the players could give feedback and get what they wanted in return.

Reb even stated that in a thread just a week or two prior to the RJ release.

Sure, a bit more time than intended have passed by, but DE didnt know that corona would hit back when they made the plans for RJ. So phase 3 is still out there somewhere, to be released sometime after Deadlock has gotten the new corpus ships into the game.

The project was subdivided in three phases. Is way too big for the studio with a one hit release. The report for Leyou took them too much time and of course the unexpected virus. Their agenda is a bit botched. Rail Jack will be fully released when all the new consoles get released. Looks like this is the release project to motivate people play War Frame in the next gen consoles. 

It's not finished, and I think the community is partly to blame. The demand for new/more content during a "droght" forced there hand and what resulted was the release of updates that needed alot more polish and as a result the updates suffered.

They have more to add and given that they are working from home they wont have access to all the resources required to finish parts of content. 

With the demand for content and a fear of declining numbers there investors probably intervened adding additional stress to the team to release content. It's a balancing act trying to keep everyone happy which in turn likely added other effects to development aka Development Hell.

I really like what they have done so far theres more coming and I think Deadlock Protocol Corpus rework is setting up Railjack for more success, since it's a rework on Corpus ship's I have a feeling the quest will also take place with Railjack having a part to play and DE has really managed working from home quite well compared to other games. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

The game is not RPG based but seems more of an action adventure with RPG elements. CDPR is well known for the Witcher franchise. This project took them about 8 years of their career. This is all or nothing for the studio. 

Okay, but it is based on the pen & paper RPG 'Cyberpunk 2020' by Mike Pondsmith, published in 1988.  My friend was a big fan of it and thus quite excitedly told me about 'Cyberpunk 2077' back in 2012 when CDPR first announced it (they even had Pondsmith himself talk about it at that event).  The fact that it has taken 8 years to come to fruition is why I find it ironic that someone would cite it as something they'll move on to due to frustration at DE not being fast enough.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Katinka said:

Okay, but it is based on the pen & paper RPG 'Cyberpunk 2020' by Mike Pondsmith, published in 1988.  My friend was a big fan of it and thus quite excitedly told me about 'Cyberpunk 2077' back in 2012 when CDPR first announced it (they even had Pondsmith himself talk about it at that event).  The fact that it has taken 8 years to come to fruition is why I find it ironic that someone would cite it as something they'll move on to due to frustration at DE not being fast enough.

Another case of selective reading. 

Yes that is correct. CD project Red made a documentary of the game with few interviews with Mike Pondsmith. At the time the game got announced I was unaware about the pen & paper book where the whole thing started. Usually my interest on these games is the architecture and the image construction of the city landscape. In the 1970 there was a resurgence of the energy crisis and the future city concept. Artists like Syd Mead worked with movies like Blade Runner and other entries in the Cyber punk genre. 

Well, Cyberpunk 77, Ghost of Tsushima and TLoU2 are current games to be released for the waiting time. Besides DE is way too slow with the delivery, a well knowb fact. For the empty time, well, there are games that I can spend time on and of course a PS5. Why it troubles you this much? You do realize that there are two games on that list other than CDPR? For my luck 77 is about to be released soon. 

Edited by Felsagger

4 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Plot twist - they needed railjack for the 3rd orb.

… actually, that's entirely possible, what squad link and all.

Now I'm just imagining something like Profit Taker, but you can link with a Railjack team and have them attack the shield-charger satellite to render it vulnerable.

Now, for my own issues with the mode:

A large part of the problem is that there is very little incentive to move away from the starting location in most missions, since most enemies spawn near your current location and close the distance.

Hull regen means there's no penalty for staying out in the open, and since most bigger objectives launch Ramsleds or fire on you when you get too close, you're actively discouraged from approaching them. Which means the optimal strategy is to sit at spawn and gun them down as most enemies approach, before tackling the various objectives.

A way to fix this might be to make it so the Static objectives (Pulse Turbines, Shipkillers, Galleons and so on) have an effect across the entire map. So for instance, if there's a Missile battery in the sector, it will constantly be sending out waves of homing missiles to harass you if you don't use the surrounding environment as a shield.

Two more changes might be to reduce the playable area, so there isn't as much empty space for the player to manoeuvre with. While this does put restrictions on the player, it would also encourage weaving through the static terrain. Likewise, having enemies spawn within certain sections of the map and force the player to come to them would also prevent the current Sit at Spawn meta.

8 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Two more changes might be to reduce the playable area, so there isn't as much empty space for the player to manoeuvre with. While this does put restrictions on the player, it would also encourage weaving through the static terrain. Likewise, having enemies spawn within certain sections of the map and force the player to come to them would also prevent the current Sit at Spawn meta.

or we could simply spread out the enemy ship spawn points and add some sort of enemy on the edges that is to hard to fight so you keep in the area a treat is aways better than a barrier 

1 minute ago, (PS4)yokai1235 said:

or we could simply spread out the enemy ship spawn points and add some sort of enemy on the edges that is to hard to fight so you keep in the area a treat is aways better than a barrier 

Well, a threat as described here is generally considered a soft barrier. It's the difference between an invisible wall at the border of your map, or an invincible auto-turret that fires on you if you leave the intended playspace.