Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I still cant say de did a good job with railjack

Railjack revisited was obviously a very good update for this abysmal gamemode, but I still cant get over alot of the stuff that was said to come with railjack during tennocon and the devstreams when, (let's be real here it was worthless fluff). I still cant just say thanks de for this fix when so much time was put into railjack (2 years I believe) only to be given that broken awful mess of an update last year. They can fix as much as they want but it still wont cover alot of the damage that was already done by how they handled this sh*t show. 

Whiplash. "There are no two words in English language more harmful ...

Edited by (PS4)ChaosTheNerd
  • Like 17

Considering that Leyou Document that it was apparently taking up a lot of dev time, the bizzare management situation (flipping from content drought to rapid-fire rushed releases) and the numerous systemic changes to Railjack shown off, namely the real-time management aspect, I'm going to go ahead and say there was development hell going on around it.

• Like 13

It's no different then the early days of Warframe, start with one "frame", a single tile, a hand full of enemies, and work your way out from there. Anyone who though Railjack would ship in a perfect, complete state even after all the disclaimers that they gave during the Tennocon reveal, was setting themselves up for disappointment.

Edited by rapt0rman
  • Like 45

Railjack still isnt finished. It was quite obvious that it wouldnt be so prior to deadlock protocol when the announcement was made regarding the corpus ship revamp. Next two proximas will have corpus in them and possibly corpus+grineer.

So atm I'm indifferent to it.

• Like 4

My only real problem with RJ is that we STILL don't have AI crews/command intrinsics.

Like, you can't tell me that they didn't manage to code an AI that shoots in the general direction of a target within a set distance over a time span of 2 god damn years.

Edited by o0Despair0o
  • Like 7

Just now, o0Despair0o said:

My only real problem is RJ is that we STILL don't have AI crews/command intrinsics.

Like, you can't tell me that they didn't manage to code an AI that shoots in the general direction of a target within a set distance over a time span of 2 god damn years.

A problem I have with almost every post I've seen asking for Command Intrinsics is that they almost always just want AI crew on the guns and repairing the ship but that would be a really disappointing way to fill 10 ranks of Intrinsics.  I'm hoping for something much more than just "an AI that shoots in the general direction of a target within a set distance" from something I'll be investing over 1000 Intrinsic points into.

• Like 9

33 minutes ago, Katinka said:
  Hide contents

What's that image from?  It has actually made me lose respect for the actor with what absolutely rubbish that line is.

You think the actor wrote the line? Spoiler alert, they don’t.

It’s from the movie whiplash. Without context it’s a bad quote and I don’t agree with it either, but the line makes a lot more sense in the context of the movie and the character he plays. Don’t make assumptions on the dialogue without seeing it first, it’s a fantastic movie.

Edited by (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face
  • Like 8

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

You think the actor wrote the line? Spoiler alert, they don’t.

It’s from the movie whiplash. In a vacuum yeah it’s a bad quote and probably shouldn’t be used here, but the line makes a lot more sense in the context of the movie and the character he plays. Don’t make assumptions on the dialogue without seeing it first, it’s a fantastic movie.

Fair point, although actors do sometimes call out bad writing and get it changed, but I'll accept that context matters.

• Like 1

I'm still pissed off they spat in my face with the avionic drop changes and amalgamation. I already farmed those stupid outriders, now i need turret velocity and i dont want to do it a second time. DE is just gonna screw me over again down the road. Do they think they're clever making us repeat the same farm over and over? Stop it already.

I am hoping they wont pull a RJ and just ignore the content because it is not popular. They should deliver on their promise of making it integrated into WF instead of being another massive content island. Their goal posts shift every month or so, i am hoping they decide to see this one through.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Katinka said:

Fair point, although actors do sometimes call out bad writing and get it changed, but I'll accept that context matters.

Yeah, the movie is actually incredibly written, and without spoiling anything I’ll just say that garbage quote is very fitting to his characters personality. Highly recommend it if you have the time.

Anyways, back to Railjack stuff!

Honestly DE has plenty of potential in RailJack and the Drydock itself...There's no reason they can't introduce varying ships with crew sizes to a giant space mech that wrap around a Warframe for the Infested Proxima to come...And I know someone will no that won't happen...but they said the same thing to dogs, cats, spaceships and space wings, and on and on in this game...

I'm waiting for infested bio-ships to come along and us having to board them and kill their organs to take them out.

Or corpus ships, more powerful and quicker but more fragile than grineer ships.

I can see so much potential with railjack, as yet unrealised.

they did a good job fixing railjack bugs and making the run around ship babysitting cycle slightly less boring, they did not however make railjack fun or relevant to play, its firmly set in stone as slightly better than archwing missions but thats not saying much.

• Like 1

I remember when Railjack dropped, and the people who defended it kept saying,   just give it 6 months.  Still 6 months has passed...  oh and remember they saying Railjack will be realised in 3 phases… what happed to phase 3,   because Railjack flopped with the player base so bad, I believe the new war is being somewhat reword...  because I think it was the phase 3….  Also DE really hurt Tennocon hype going forward..  its going to be hard to get excited about anything..

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

I remember when Railjack dropped, and the people who defended it kept saying,   just give it 6 months.  Still 6 months has passed...  oh and remember they saying Railjack will be realised in 3 phases… what happed to phase 3,   because Railjack flopped with the player base so bad, I believe the new war is being somewhat reword...  because I think it was the phase 3….  Also DE really hurt Tennocon hype going forward..  its going to be hard to get excited about anything..

Not to me. Railjack is great and its the best content so far. just needs more planets, more guns, more types of houses, new functions.

speak for yourself;....not others ok?

• Like 3