The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Protea materials.

_R_o_g_u_e_

On 2020-06-14 at 1:59 AM, Klokwerkaos said:

DE Forcing players to grind to get more stuff... weird....

As others have pointed out, your notion of how hard the grind here is very skewed.

Also there's a button that lets you skip that grind entirely too.  I hear you already saying "I can't afford platinum"... the cool thing is, you don't need to buy that either.

Pro Tip:  If the game is ever too hard for you for any reason, it's because you didn't grind enough where/when you were supposed to.

I can afford platinum, I was just happy to grind the frame out. I spent 4 hours getting her parts. I thought the hard part was over, then I saw her build requirements.

I stopped playing warframe when RJ came out. It was dead on arrival, broken and everyone hated it.

I’ve now moved to PC and been playing for 3 weeks. I have never in my 3 years of this game seen something quite this bad. The only thing I can compare it to is Auroxium. Meaning, if you don’t have the recipe it could take 3-4 days to unlock. 

But at least Cetus bounties are something EVERYONE can work on.

I’ll be starting RJ soon, I just need to finish up some of the games systems first to actually have the hours in the day to make beginning a new system plausible.

When I opened the build costs and saw 120/3500 Carbides it was a little bit devastating. Know it took me 3 weeks to amass that 120. I didn’t know RJ gave you those. When I googled it it told me you get them from eximus units.

So many people here got angry and *@##$y, I’m just a dude that didn’t want to farm for weeks to play the new frame.

Is that really so god damn unreasonable?

Edited by _R_o_g_u_e_

32 minutes ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

I can afford platinum, I was just happy to grind the frame out. I spent 4 hours getting her parts. I thought the hard part was over, then I saw her build requirements.

I stopped playing warframe when RJ came out. It was dead on arrival, broken and everyone hated it.

I’ve now moved to PC and been playing for 3 weeks. I have never in my 3 years of this game seen something quite this bad. The only thing I can compare it to is Auroxium. Meaning, if you don’t have the recipe it could take 3-4 days to unlock. 

I’ll be starting RJ soon, I just need to finish up some of the games systems first to actually have the hours in the day to make beginning a new system plausible.

When I opened the build costs and saw 120/3500 Carbides it was a little bit devastating. Know it took me 3 weeks to amass that 120. I didn’t know RJ gave you those. When I googled it it told me you get them from eximus units.

So many people here got angry and *@##$y, I’m just a dude that didn’t want to farm for weeks to play the new frame.

We weren"t angry, just absolutely flabbergasted really. We tried very hard to help you all things considered.

Its because you've straight up ignored people (all the way from the very forst reply!) who are telling you that you could have gotten everything in 30 minutes instead of weeks and how to do so. We're not exaggerating. Theres screenshots of reward lists you can see yourself. A single 5 minute mission can net you "several" 1300-1500 packs of any of the resources you need. This is completely disregarding the in mission resources. You really would not have lost any tangible progress on rep grinds unless you're that strapped for time IRL.

All you had to do was press one button!

Edited by Annnoth
  • Like 8

hace 2 horas, _R_o_g_u_e_ dijo:

The more you shut up and actually play the game for that which you want, the faster you get it done.

I made my RJ the moment Empyrean came out, and even if we got some refunding on the materials, the time spent for it is galaxies away compared to what lies ahead of you.

do it fire GIF

Every once in a while DE put something out that requires resource farming, which is no surprice when a frame requires so. Not participating in certain types of mission or content is not an excuse for telling DE to swap crafting materials into something more commonly obtained.

It's like suggesting amp should not require doing eidolon or farming toroids/PT;  Vauban Prime should not require 20 nintain extract, 9k cryotics and 7k oxium; Sibear should not require 30k cryotics; 12k polymer bundle for nekro prime's neuroptics; i could point out a lot more which requires quite a lot of uncommon materials.

I mean, this game is about farming and collection right? What's the fun when there is collection without farming.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, SHArK-FiN said:

Every once in a while DE put something out that requires resource farming, which is no surprice when a frame requires so. Not participating in certain types of mission or content is not an excuse for telling DE to swap crafting materials into something more commonly obtained.

It's like suggesting amp should not require doing eidolon or farming toroids/PT;  Vauban Prime should not require 20 nintain extract, 9k cryotics and 7k oxium; Sibear should not require 30k cryotics; 12k polymer bundle for nekro prime's neuroptics; i could point out a lot more which requires quite a lot of uncommon materials.

I mean, this game is about farming and collection right? What's the fun when there is collection without farming.

I actually happen to play warframe because it’s one of the only unique shooters in a market that has largely refused to innovate in 20 years.

I play the game because I enjoy the mechanics. I don’t “pLaY ThE GrINDiNg GaME tO GriND.”

17 minutes ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

I actually happen to play warframe because it’s one of the only unique shooters in a market that has largely refused to innovate in 20 years.

I play the game because I enjoy the mechanics. I don’t “pLaY ThE GrINDiNg GaME tO GriND.”

Then I don't think the game really suits you... at least not the whole game. It has been that way for 8 years. Worse in the first few years.

DE has revamped the game quite a lot to match the nowadays quick going in and out style. There is a trend that the farming is less tense and tedious than in the past imo.

Edited by SHArK-FiN
  • Like 3

On 2020-06-13 at 6:29 AM, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

This is the most disgusted I have ever been with warframe. I did the quest, I sat through the grind. All god damn night. When I finally had her pierces I tried to build her.

Thousands of Carbides and Copernics. Weeks of god damn grind. Across both of my accounts I’ve been playing for nearly three years in total. I’ve seen you guys do some back handed stuff but this is a whole new level. 

To think that I was done, only to realise I have literally weeks of farming ahead of me has really got a chip on my shoulder.

No material cost for a build should ever take weeks to get, I am so disappointed in you.

One thing I love/hate about Warframe is the ability to skip most grinds. You can just farm relics, sell your items for plat and buy warframes that way. I've done it for some that I can't be arsed to farm the way DE designed the farm. It is a weird system and I don't know how I feel about it. On one hand it's good because I can do something I enjoy and skip content I dislike. But on the other hand, it enables DE to get away with some atrocious farms. Although the Protea one isn't that.

• Like 1

On 2020-06-13 at 10:18 PM, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

I notice that everyone is really mad that I haven’t played Railjack. I’m sorry. Like I said, I moved platform as it was added, on my new account I’ve had a gut full of syndicates and factions to rank up.

So either way, building Protea means that I have to begin my rail jack journey, from the floor. Which means the quest and all the starting phases.

Nonsense. We're not mad because you haven't played Railjack, we're telling you off because on the one hand you're claiming to be a multi-year veteran, and on the other you're whining about what's actually a pretty minor grind. 

You also don't know how to read the advice that others have given you, telling you that you don't have to have your own top of the line Railjack to take part in missions. 

This nightwave has been chock full of Railjack stuff. Recently I loaded in my own and because I just wanted to get it done fast I went to the first mission on Earth. But I had it set to public and noticed that people were popping in, I'm talking MR 4 newbs and stuff. So I went ahead and did quite a few runs for them, let them play with the guns, managed the forge to give refinement bonuses etc. 

You can probably find someone willing to do that for you without breaking a sweat. So what's with the whining? 

• Like 2

On 2020-06-14 at 6:40 AM, Annnoth said:

2. Its a F2P game. I could download warframe, play for 5 minutes, and uninstall and it would count me. Those number were the single % digit of people who EVER touched the game up to this point who achieved it.

Dont forget that steam loves to add F2P games to your library aswell without you ever having had an interest in downloading or playing them. Not too long ago I had APB, Realm Royale, Dirty Bomb and a few other F2P games show up on my list after a Steam update. I removed them from the library and it still says "in library" when they pop up on the store list. I probably count as a "registered" Steam user now for all those games even though I've never touched them.

20 hours ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

I’m just a dude that didn’t want to farm for weeks to play the new frame.

People aren't angry at all. You came here posting self-made issues before you checked the things you were complaining about. People told you that you could have avoided all of that and gave you tips on how to do it. You still acted defensive and entitled and factually wrong because you seem to like being right no matter what.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Monolake said:

So the problem was that he didnt know RJ dropped these resources. As always with WF - game doesn't explain anything and the obfuscation is worse than the grind itself, WF keeps on being unplayable without Wiki

Not even close, OP doesn't want to play RJ and complain here

1 hour ago, 844448 said:

Not even close, OP doesn't want to play RJ and complain here

Stated multiple times that starting RJ is on my to do list, there are simply not enough hours in the day to start it while I’m juggling everything else.

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Nonsense. We're not mad because you haven't played Railjack, we're telling you off because on the one hand you're claiming to be a multi-year veteran, and on the other you're whining about what's actually a pretty minor grind. 

You also don't know how to read the advice that others have given you, telling you that you don't have to have your own top of the line Railjack to take part in missions. 

This nightwave has been chock full of Railjack stuff. Recently I loaded in my own and because I just wanted to get it done fast I went to the first mission on Earth. But I had it set to public and noticed that people were popping in, I'm talking MR 4 newbs and stuff. So I went ahead and did quite a few runs for them, let them play with the guns, managed the forge to give refinement bonuses etc. 

You can probably find someone willing to do that for you without breaking a sweat. So what's with the whining? 

“Claiming to have played this game for years,” yes. It’s not a huge achievement. I started in 2017 on PS4, my account was MR20.

Yes, I know how to read. I saw the advice people were giving, but I had already bought Protea, I don’t like the idea of leeching. I had an issue with the grind presented to me and I chose to buy her instead.

Pretty logical. There’s no point telling me to leech the resources to build Protea after I’ve bought her.

Im going to say this one last time, when I quit warframe RJ had just launched, and at that time it was the most hated system I have ever seen introduced to the game.

The upfront grind was bad, the missions weren’t functional. It was hated.

When I came back I turned a blind eye to it because;

1) I needed to, I had everything else in the game to focus on first. Syndicates, two open worlds, Eidolons, Index. Many, many, many hours of stuff I needed to do just to get my account ready for reasonable content.

2) I remembered my entire clan despising RJ in the state it launched in, and I, to be quite honest with you, didn’t think DE would’ve done much to fix it.

This thread is kind of pointless. 
I saw build costs I thought were ridiculous, based on what I will happily admit is outdated information. I’m sorry. You can’t know what you don’t know. Googling the subject told me to farm eximus units for those resources. RJ was not mentioned.

I made this forum post, thinking I was posting in feedback, but apparently the mobile forums are confusing and I didn’t post it in the right area. I scrolled down to the feedback section, opened the feedback forums and tried to post it there. I don’t know what more I can do on that front.

I bought Protea. The advice I got on my post is to “just leech the resources,” repeated over and over again. 

Yes. I read it.

Edited by _R_o_g_u_e_

4 hours ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

Who would've thought new equipment requires the new resources from railjack.. 🙄

Seriously, it's rather naive. Not to mention that railjack is indeed the future, if we like it or not. That's what you have to accept, if you want or not. That's what I did after bashing railjack since release with no progress getting it removed. So I gave up and accept it, hence I'm piling up it's resources.

If you can't accept it, then it only means to part ways, because, there will be more railjack content in the future. And more stuff will be locked behind it.

What you said has been said multiple times, and I’ve responded to it multiple times.

4 hours ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

“Claiming to have played this game for years,” yes. It’s not a huge achievement. I started in 2017 on PS4, my account was MR20.

Yes, I know how to read. I saw the advice people were giving, but I had already bought Protea, I don’t like the idea of leeching. I had an issue with the grind presented to me and I chose to buy her instead.

Pretty logical. There’s no point telling me to leech the resources to build Protea after I’ve bought her.

Im going to say this one last time, when I quit warframe RJ had just launched, and at that time it was the most hated system I have ever seen introduced to the game.

The upfront grind was bad, the missions weren’t functional. It was hated.

When I came back I turned a blind eye to it because;

1) I needed to, I had everything else in the game to focus on first. Syndicates, two open worlds, Eidolons, Index. Many, many, many hours of stuff I needed to do just to get my account ready for reasonable content.

2) I remembered my entire clan despising RJ in the state it launched in, and I, to be quite honest with you, didn’t think DE would’ve done much to fix it.

This thread is kind of pointless. 
I saw build costs I thought were ridiculous, based on what I will happily admit is outdated information. I’m sorry. You can’t know what you don’t know. Googling the subject told me to farm eximus units for those resources. RJ was not mentioned.

I made this forum post, thinking I was posting in feedback, but apparently the mobile forums are confusing and I didn’t post it in the right area. I scrolled down to the feedback section, opened the feedback forums and tried to post it there. I don’t know what more I can do on that front.

I bought Protea. The advice I got on my post is to “just leech the resources,” repeated over and over again. 

Yes. I read it.

Seriously, even if this were in feedback it would STILL be ridiculous. 

And no, you trying to justify the whining does not actually mean that it's justified. Especially since you are pretending that the only way to get those resources is to leech.

Leeching is what happens when you make no effort to participate. You join a team in someone else's Railjack. There are multiple ways to contribute to the success of the mission. You can man the guns to help take down enemies. You can be a forge monkey keeping everything topped up. You can become the human cannonball in the slingshot taking enemies out that way. You could be the away team, responsible for infiltration of bases. You could be on fire duty taking care of the ship. You can pull guard duty to kill any boarders who try to breach the hull. 

There are lots of ways to contribute but all you can do is claim that you would be leeching? That's total nonsense and it's on YOU, Tenno. 

As far as your clan all hating Railjack, yeah trying to be edgy is popular with some groups. Look for people who are a little more sensible. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

Since you asked...

Yes... well less unreasonable, since your tone is reasonable, and more like an invalid gripe that I have no sympathy for.

Additionally, if you don't want to farm it, and you don't have to, and you are choosing to farm it anyway even though you don't have to... in what universe does that make your argument have any leg to stand on?

the game is centered around farming items, this is not new, everyone knows farmers play free.

If you think that this farm is bad, forget the hema, that's child's play, go back to the one farm they actually removed because it was so bad... stealth condroc farming tower white.  Worst Farm in the game to date by far.  Did it solo for my clan because I'm baller, and yes, I did complain on the forums, because that was a farm that took about 40 hours to complete with a min/max set up equinox maim with a rarity and doubler booster active (on all party members) which was the only way to do it reliably, and even then, it was basically walking in circles on PoE for a week straight doing nothing else.  More people in your squad (all of which must be in your clan)?  yes you get more incredibly low % rolls, but no additional spawns, the spawns aren't affected... oh, and if it's raining on cetus... too bad they don't spawn at all, hope you didn't want to farm during these hours...

That was a bad farm, and the only reward you got for it?  A single lighting color for your dojo.  WOO FREAKIN HOO.  It was so bad they removed it and replaced it entirely with something that should take anyone with brains no time at all by comparison.  There was a thread here that was routinely bumped for ages about this one topic, and it was hell and they deserved all the ire they got for it because it was incredibly poorly thought out.

This is a farm to cry about.  it sucked, it had a bad reward for the effort, it made you not play the game at all and it drained your soul.  Even then, people had to complain for YEARS before it was changed and tons of us did it anyway.

Do that farm (not that you can) and I'll have some sympathy and at that point you'll know better than to complain about this warframe.  Protea?  Resources?  Get out of here with that, it's ridiculous.  Not only is it not the farm you think it is, even if it was it would be nowhere near as bad as the only farm i'm aware they directly removed and replaced entirely (this is not counting arcanes from raids, because they didn't stop raids to move arcanes, they moved arcanes because they stopped raids).

You are wrong about how hard the farm is to achieve.  That's not something you can dispute.  If it hurts your feelings because you to farm a resource you don't have, which if you didn't quit, you would have literally millions of by now, well, that's nothing I have any sympathy for.

Grinding is hard.  And you know what?  A lot of times DE gets it wrong... like REALLY wrong.  This is not one of those times and your complaints, while valid in the respect that they exist, are entirely invalid in comparison/context to the rest of the game and I'm sorry you seem to be having trouble with that, but you're just wrong in this case and your complaint is reactionary and, in context, unreasonable.

Edited by Klokwerkaos
  • Like 1

I am sorry to say, but this seems like a major stretching of the facts and you are also appealing to emotions.

Almost all "current gen" warframes require resources that are associated with content that is not on the base star chart and is hidden behind huge rep grinds, however the resources for protea take a day of mind afk grind at worst.