Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cache hunter should be an elite weekly

Crusher4881

Supply caches in this game are so ridiculously difficult to find that the game should consider this an elite weekly. It takes 20 minutes of searching to even have a 20% chance to find all three caches, because 80% of the time the cache is in an inaccessible part of the map that cannot be accessed. Because of that, the nightwave takes 4-6 hours to complete, and literally every other nightwave in the roster can be completed faster, even the upcoming nightwave involving killing/converting a kuva lich. Yes, it's technically not "difficult", but it requires such an obscene amount of grinding that it should be worth more than 4500 standing.

idk it doesn't really seem very 'elite' to me.

11 minutes ago, Crusher4881 said:

because 80% of the time the cache is in an inaccessible part of the map that cannot be accessed.

Spawn locations of Caches are hand placed - there is always 3 of them, and they are always accessible.
it is impossible for the generation of these to fail.

1 minute ago, taiiat said:

idk it doesn't really seem very 'elite' to me.

Spawn locations of Caches are hand placed - there is always 3 of them, and they are always accessible.
it is impossible for the generation of these to fail.

Explain those caches on Earth tilesets hidden behind impenetrable unhackable doors then.

3 minutes ago, Crusher4881 said:

Explain those caches on Earth tilesets hidden behind impenetrable unhackable doors then.

There's 2 power supply things on both sides of the door that need to be shot and destroyed.

If you're talking about the weird water pipe that's a few floors high, there's an access hatch above somewhere (been a while for that one).

17 minutes ago, Crusher4881 said:

There's likely a crafty way to get to them, as happens in other tiles.

I dislike this challenge because of having to look for caches, but I do like the fact that it enabled me to find out several secret rooms I didn't know about. And the ways to get to them.

About earth, I don't know. I usually go for Grineer Galleon or Corpus Spaceship tilesets to look for my caches. Never fails since I know every nook and cranny of those tiles. I also take a max range and loot radar Limbo in order to tell regular crates from caches on the minimap.

26 minutes ago, Crusher4881 said:

Supply caches in this game are so ridiculously difficult to find

what? no they are not. maybe look into how to do it? it's anbsurdly easy on most tilesets and only gets moderately annoying on sealab.

Go to Cervantes on Earth with a Sentinel equipped with Vacuum and Loot Radar/Animal Instinct. Hose everything with an Ignis or nuke everything with a high range Limbo's Cataclysm and vacuum up the loot. Anything left on your loot radar is either a cache or an Ayatan statue. Take about 10-15 minutes or so and after a few runs you will learn the spots caches can spawn in.

I highly recommend just skipping the NW challenges that you feel are BS. With Tennocon being pushed back and some release planned, I'm sure we're in for another long NW. Just forget the ones you hate because they are absolutely not worth the frustration.

And because I know the Void sabotage tilesets the best I always run that. From the good old days when doing tower missions meant an extra prime part. I have no clue why DE leaves these caches in the game when they only award pure garbage.

On 2020-06-14 at 8:32 PM, Crusher4881 said:

Supply caches in this game are so ridiculously difficult to find that the game should consider this an elite weekly. It takes 20 minutes of searching to even have a 20% chance to find all three caches, because 80% of the time the cache is in an inaccessible part of the map that cannot be accessed. Because of that, the nightwave takes 4-6 hours to complete, and literally every other nightwave in the roster can be completed faster, even the upcoming nightwave involving killing/converting a kuva lich. Yes, it's technically not "difficult", but it requires such an obscene amount of grinding that it should be worth more than 4500 standing.

Since nobody else is giving a tip I will.

Adjust your sound settings! When you have them set correctly, you will be able to hear the cache at a great enough distance, to make this simple, and fast.

Stack maxed Loot radar, on a  max ranged limbo build. Then play with the map overlay on, and use cat to break boxes, while looking for ones that do not shift when broken, I also use my carrier with looter to make it go even faster so I do not have to spam cat for close stuff in long halls.

Practice with the above will have you doing sub 5 minutes cache and syndicate medallion runs solo in no time flat.

I agree with the others: 

- a high vfx sound is a must, the cache "chimes" 

- loot radar both on frame and sentinel

- destroy everything 

- go in every room and every corner where you see a loot icon 

I do it on Earth because I know most of the spots theres maybe one we coulnt find that seemed underneath the map nothing on radar but the vfx sound was there. Almost always ppl ask for cache hunting and if we are lucky in 5 to 10mins its done and bonus ayatan is nice.

I wouldn't say it is hard. Tedious? Yes, for sure. Me too, thinks it should award 7000 points because of the time it consumes.

And yes, I play with nuke Limbo. Parkouring into everywhere just to check if it is a resource or a cache hurts my fingers. Or make Vacuum radius more,,,

Also, I would prefer the challenge "capture in <90 seconds" to be just weekly, not elite. Because it is easy and quick. Maybe even make it daily.

I agree with this but for different reasons. Mainly that the "complete 3 of x mission type" challenges exist. if you're fast, know the potential spawn locations, and have a setup specifically for doing just this, it still takes upwards of 10 minutes per mission to accomplish this task. it takes twice as long as any other task in the same point range (except perfect animal captures which should definitely be worth 7000 because rng and bugs), and the caches are an extra task on top of completing sabotage missions, so it should be worth more that the ones that are just complete 3 of a specific mission.

There's also some elite challenges that I think shouldn't be worth as much as they are. "complete a capture in under a minute" being one of them. This is incredibly easy to do once you're familiar with the movement controls and is by far one of the fastest and easiest weekly acts to complete. The first time I attempted it I got change of plans and still cleared it, with a rando in my team.

DE is just terrible at valuing the difficulty of some of these tasks in general. I'll never forget when they changed the stealth challenge requirement from "don't trigger alarms" to "Don't alert enemies" only to struggle so much with it on stream that they ended up reverting that change because true stealth is borderline impossible in this game with the way enemy detection works. They don't have a good functional understanding of their game, or how their players players value time and effort.

• 1 month later...
On 2020-06-20 at 10:22 PM, Krilexis said:

I agree with the others: 

- a high vfx sound is a must, the cache "chimes" 

- loot radar both on frame and sentinel

- destroy everything 

- go in every room and every corner where you see a loot icon 

I do it on Earth because I know most of the spots theres maybe one we coulnt find that seemed underneath the map nothing on radar but the vfx sound was there. Almost always ppl ask for cache hunting and if we are lucky in 5 to 10mins its done and bonus ayatan is nice.

What sound is that you're talking about high VFX, can one or more of the sliders in audio make the cache sound better to hear, I swear caches use to be easier to hear from further away but now I need to be a lot closer to hear them.

In The Old Corpus Ship TileSet... sone of the Cache Hiding spots were pretty #*!%ed up....

Infact there were two areas where the Cache is place too High/Low to apear on your Radar and too Far to Hear it Chiming. 

Luckily That tile is gone...

Wait wait...  There 4 Locations... not 2...

But its those 2 that made me think: "Theres no way I would ever think to look there."

Archived