Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I officially hate Railjack.

Els236

16 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

The old saying applies here: "The truly intelligent person is the one who can pretend to be fool in front of fools who pretend to be intelligent." ^^

Just sayin'

His post was long, his post was the first, therefore everybody can read it. If you are going to pick a fight with other users by doing the acting of an annoying white knight please remember who is the guy that you are defending. The first post was a mouthpiece rant of a random player who regurgitated his dissatisfaction. He does't want to put time on the game mode at all, a game mode that is easy to say the least. He wants to be rewarded like a child with an extremely easy cakewalk in the fields. 

Great comment, theirs just way to many people that want stuff handed to them instead of grinding it out. News to the TENNO its a grinding game if you don't like grinding or farming it don't play it, just don't expect everything handed to you on a silver platter.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Els236 said:

was immediately one-shot by a level 80 Exo Eviscerator

While its not possible to be oneshot due to shield gating anymore, Exo Eviscerators are indeed BS. They use pretty much exact copies of our twin grakatas, but with a slower fire rate (12.5 rps) and a longer reload (5 seconds). So a level 80 exo eviscerator is doing ~282 damage per shot at 12.5 rps with a 25% crit chance and 2.7 crit dam. So ~5023 dps.

Exo Raider Eviscerators are a bit more manageable due to them having a slower projectile instead of hitscan, but they still hit pretty hard. 50 base damage, so a level 80 one is gonna hit for ~705 damage.

hace 12 horas, Els236 dijo:

I know some of you are going to say "you can't hate something from one bad experience", but by golly I can.

Was obviously doing the Nightwave challenge as I have no other reason to touch Railjack and for whatever reason, I thought it would be a fantastic idea to try Gian Point in the Veil Proxima. Mainly because I've heard of the drop rates for Predator and Void Hole being borked, so figured I'd try my luck.

I had to go in solo as no other squads were available and for the first part of the mission, I was doing alright. The fighters went down easily and although the enemy cruise-ships ended up being in a bunch and making me have to repair my ship a few times in order to avoid failure, it went OK.

Now, my ship isn't min-maxed, but it's fairly strong and has MKIII equipment and mostly maxed out avionics. As I said, apart from a few repairs here and there and having to hit the forge a couple of times for Revolite, it went OK.

My issues started to arise when I realised that I had 2 other objectives to complete, after partaking in the usual boring exterminate mission section:

- Take out the ship in the asteroid hangar

- Go kill sentients on the anomaly

I load into the asteroid hangar and was immediately one-shot by a level 80 Exo Eviscerator (Oberon Prime with 400 shields and ~1000HP). Well, OK then, he must have head-shot me with the Miter blade or something, I'll be a bit more careful then. I manage to reveal the first radiator and Omni back to my ship, only to find that it has a fire, a hull breach and a horde of Grineer Exo units that Cephalon Cy never warned me about over the radio.

Yet again, one of the Exo Eviscerators one-shots me, this time I'm thinking it's due to some dumb slash-proc overload.

With great difficulty (despite having decent weapons on me), I dispatch the invaders and have to rush to the hull-breach as I only had 25 or so seconds left. Low-and-behold, I have no Revolite, so I rush to the Forge and get back just in time to repair the breach, with only about 5 seconds on the clock. What then happens is that by some random chance, yet another bunch of Grineer Exos board my ship. 

This is now starting to become really darn annoying.

I manage to throw down my Hallowed Ground and while they are fighting amongst themselves, I repair my ship. I then just about manage to kill off the intruders before I need to head back to the asteroid base to finish that "mission".

As soon as I step foot back on the asteroid, a surprise to noone at this point, I get immediately one-shot by an Exo Eviscerator. At this point I have one single revive left.

I'm now starting to get really annoyed with this and consider quitting, although with the amount of time I've already spent, I just want to finish the stupid mission now.

I just about manage to complete that "mission" and start to head-off to the anomaly, although I already know deep-down that this is going to take me an eon to complete.

As I land on the anomaly, it pops up that I have to kill 20 sentients. Oh joy. 20 super high-level enemies that become immune to everything except my operator.

You can probably guess by the title of this thread that I did not survive this ordeal and got sent back to my dojo after having wasted 35 minutes of my time for absolutely nothing.

Yes, I could have taken my absolute best weapons and my best frame and the Paracesis, but I don't remember having to do the anomaly the last time I was in the Veil, so I didn't bother.

The quest to get the Railjack was a boring slog and doing anything other than Earth Proxima is nothing but a frustrating mess.

Anyway, never again. Not touching Railjack with a 10-foot barge-pole.

Rant over.

WHO DOESN'T HATE RJ!? It's really stressing game mode.

4 minutes ago, dardo93 said:

WHO DOESN'T HATE RJ!?

One... two... three... I could count at least three within this thread who loves railjack missions. Myself included.

There are people who like such gameplay, and then there are those who don't like it. That's ok.

I actually really like Railjack!... when I actually don't play it solo... Here's the "surprise" but.

Without a super modded railjack its nigh on impossible to solo some missions, which you will find yourself solo 90% of the time cos everyone hates it or it has matchmaking problems. The mission scaling and progression is broken as hell (less than it used to be) so you kind of have to farm the same 2/4 levels OVER and OVER and OVER again and pray to RNGesus that you get good armaments and intrinsics from drops, then you need to farm a hella lot of Dirac which you dont get tons of, to improve your intrinsics, then there's the crafting mats you get, its random. The upgrades or repairs you need to do to fix a found armament are all the same and fairly expensive early on, all upgrades are a must have to continue with the missions otherwise ya dead.

So, after doing almost all earth missions, I'm stuck waiting for people to play the first saturn mission (as the upgraded armaments mk2 etc are only found on that) and I can't solo it, or the final earth mission. So here I am, enjoying railjack with people i cant play with on missions i cant complete, stuck forever soloing rubbish missions.

But other than that, naw its great.

Edited by Senoirmeow

43 minutes ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

While its not possible to be oneshot due to shield gating anymore, Exo Eviscerators are indeed BS. They use pretty much exact copies of our twin grakatas, but with a slower fire rate (12.5 rps) and a longer reload (5 seconds). So a level 80 exo eviscerator is doing ~282 damage per shot at 12.5 rps with a 25% crit chance and 2.7 crit dam. So ~5023 dps.

Exo Raider Eviscerators are a bit more manageable due to them having a slower projectile instead of hitscan, but they still hit pretty hard. 50 base damage, so a level 80 one is gonna hit for ~705 damage.

Well, i guess he used "oneshot" cuz died right away but prolly was more than "1 shot".

The strange thing is that he had hangar, on missile base for example at soon you enter there always at least one, usually 2 (but if unlucky may be 3, all those that are in the little round room on top of the little stairs at entrance) that start shoot at you right away.

On hangar there's that hallway before the room with 3 mobs (that also charge at you but starting afar you got some time to get rdy).

When using ivara happened to me too when entering stuff (Crewships , missile base and so) to get killed before the animation of prowl was done lol.

Actually despite the "nerf" (that only reduced their hps and nothing else) the mobs in veil hit way harder and got lot more hp's than arby ones at lvl 120, my wuclone was slaughtering them (seen there was life support craps scattered around almost everywhere) but on veil wuclone vs 2 mobs = a dead wuclone and with a full clip of shedu he take away around 50% of 1 mob hps.

The ones i hate most tho are the ignis ones cuz they can kill my sentinel in no time, gate or not gate (carrier got a op 50 armor not 900 like my wukong).

Beside, maybe i am blind but i never seen that "invulnerability" after shield get delepted, for what i seen that shield gate only avoid me to die right away in case i get 1 trillion damage from 1 hit, if i stand sill more than 1 second and there's like 3 of them around is death, gate or not (so if that "invulnerability" exist must me really short).

PS: btw i've enjoyed more read OP novel than read the usual rambo's coming in a saying "i go with squishiest frame bearing a unmodded STUG and 1 shot everything on Ruse, seen after the insane nerf is a joke".

Edited by (PS4)Miciobestia

The enemies have been nerfed significantly. If you are still getting one-shotted, You might want to consider your build and what you bring. I can run around with Nova and other frames that I couldn't keep alive before with no problem. I used to specifically use Nezha, put an umbra forma in him and everything. Now I can pretty much use any frame. I use Nova for the slow. 

Nezha is good because of divine spears CCing the mobs but you could use any CC frame if you are having problems dying. That way you don't get one-shotted. (Is that the right tense and spelling?)

I've never been hit by an enemy the moment I went to an objective or boarded a crewship, not sure how you are getting surprised, either. 

Use it as a challenge to improve your builds and weapons.

OP either your builds and gear aren't as good as you think they are, specifically your oberon, OR you're not used to having to reactivate abilities going in and out of archwing, bases etc. Phoenix renewal alone should've prevented a 1 shot, not to mention hallowed ground. Basically you overestimated your abilities vs the content and got kerb stomped as a result. This happens when you don't research your target first.

12 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

This happens when you don't research your target first.

As Sun Tzu said....

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle

I think op is sadly in the last category.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

As Sun Tzu said....

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle

I think op is sadly in the last category.

Agreed. I have the image in my head of that cat pic meme with the peacock sitting out there and the cat looking distressed and asking it's owner "please let me in, I am not the great hunter I thought I was".

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

yeah, the missions should say how many objectives it has when you choose them, because unless you memorized all of them it's gonna either a cakewalk being only exterminate or a nightmare(I gues, I never had problem and I still mostly use mk2 weapons overly valance fusioned tho, and nyx) having 2 other objectives too + anomaly if you didn't paid enough attention.

7 hours ago, (XB1)ALTBOULI said:

Why try and solo something ur clearly not prepared for?

If you wanted to do the night wave then as someone has already said, simply play one of the earth nodes.

Gian point is the easiest mission in the veil, not much more difficult than the hardest nodes on Saturn, if you are struggling this much then you aren't ready to solo and need to improve ur loadout as well as ur ship.

How do you get 1 shot when shield gating  is a thing? Even if it's the slash damage that got you, it shouldn't be instantaneous like you seem to suggest, you should have been able to heal up.

You mention that Cy didnt notify you of the invaders...There is a health bar specifically for ur Railjack, if you had a fire as well as breaches you would be able to clearly see the Railjacks health going down.

Secondly it sounds like you parked ur railjack too close to the asteroid hanger hence the boarding. At certain distances the ramsleds dont get summoned.

Ultimately what I read is someone who got frustrated as he/she was Ill prepared to solo the mission.

Now if you want advice then please include ur Oberon loadout, weapons used and railjack setup. Then some constructive advice can be given 

All of this. ^ And, if you insist on Soloing the Veil at this point, take a stealth frame... and if you insist on choosing the map with the giant flashing red Alert take something to remove Sentient immunities. AND AND if you want to park close to the stations or multiple Crew Ships, take Void Cloak. AND AND AND Life gets a lot easier once you can teleport back to your ship and around your ship AND repair remotely.

Basically, you just failed at the #1 rule of Warframe: understand the mechanics of the mode (which means play it a lot with other people who can teach you or study it in the wiki and Youtube since DE won't ever teach you how anything works).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

The enemies have been nerfed significantly. If you are still getting one-shotted, You might want to consider your build and what you bring. I can run around with Nova and other frames that I couldn't keep alive before with no problem. I used to specifically use Nezha, put an umbra forma in him and everything. Now I can pretty much use any frame. I use Nova for the slow. 

Nezha is good because of divine spears CCing the mobs but you could use any CC frame if you are having problems dying. That way you don't get one-shotted. (Is that the right tense and spelling?)

I've never been hit by an enemy the moment I went to an objective or boarded a crewship, not sure how you are getting surprised, either. 

Use it as a challenge to improve your builds and weapons.

halving their hp's is nerfing significantly? lol ok maybe link the list of those so much significant nerfs cuz only thing on patch notes was "halved hp".

Am glad tho you learned how to play seen before RJrevised you couldnt keep frames alive, tbh i didnt felt any difference betwhen pre and after RJrevisited, for sure not damagewise.

Oh and thx for your advices, defo i need them seen i only spend 80% of the WF time on RJ :3

Nova got that damage reduction skill but maybe, seen they hit less than earth mobs you could make a VIDEO about you tanking few of them with your Nova for more than 2 secs? :3

Ofc no.

If you never got hit at soon entered is cuz prolly you did more likely 1/10 of the runs i did (even tho on missile base happen most of the time or at best you got 3 seconds before they gank you), as for Ivara dying at soon entered did i said I ALWAYS HAPPEN lol? happened maybe 3/4 times in all.

But again feel free to make a video of you clearing ruse with the STUG will be happy to watch it and learn sumthing (even a babboin is able to go in with a bramma so hopefully the with "improve weapons" you dont mean that, granted i got that too lol), in fact i dont have to improve anything, if i go with Shedu and other crap is actually cuz dont need use bramma/nukor and co.

Sure i could make a video where a 900 armor (with  adaptation too) wukong get slaughtered in about 2 secs in veil and the same wukong sit in mid of arby survival with mobs way over lvl 100 but for what? Suppamans still will claim RJ/Veil mobs got nerfed so much that are weaker than those on MR tests (without providing any real proof ofc :3)

in fact seen i see the Suppaman swarm is coming (and like i gotta learn anything from their empty bragging about the PRE revisited i played too lmao) only 1 thing left to do.

leavingthread.jpg

In case you're wondering where am going, am going to the first citizen there and ask if we can have a statue in the square for the "Warframe Suppamans" :3

Ps: Suppaman<> Dr.Slump and Arale for those that dont know :3

IMHO, soloing these veil missions is one of the best pieces of difficult content warframe currently has. It is not really challenging but becomes pretty close. To cheese the regular no-anomaly missions, it is a good idea to have the following setup:

0. The RJ itself should be reasonably tanky, preferably with maxed armor and health and good shield regeneration. MKIII gear from dojo research with maxed Hull weave And Bulkhead might be sufficient.

1. Maxed Tether to instantly dispose of the spawning fighters.

2. Void cloak for emergency repairs and forge reloading which might be needed when facing multiple crewships. Disposing of all crewships before doing the remaining mission(s) is a good idea.

3. It is possible to park the RJ at about 10 km distance from missile base and go with a fast archwing. Travel time is almost the same with Itzal with Hyperion thrusters (about 1 km/sec with maxed speed). It takes care of the silent boarding parties as you are out of their range. Cy should tell you about them but for some reason, he does not which is a major pita IMHO. Hopefully, DE will patch this at some point.

4. Can use Loki/Ivara for easy mode. Otherwise, Nezha/Rhino/Inaros with adaptation and occasional Magus healing should last long enough. Loki is probably the fastest to clear the floor. In most cases, almost all enemies are alert, so there is little point in going for finishers, just hit them with heavy attack and run on, they should die from forced slash proc.

5. Hard hitting heavy strike build melee with forced slash procs (Hate, Reaper prime, Pennant, etc with Killing blow, Amalgam Organ shatter, Corrupt charge, range, damage, and no elemental mods) are very handy. With a good build, it will one-shot everything in the mission including the captain and officers. No need for combo or status, just boosting raw damage is working fine.

6. If in doubt, teleport back to RJ with your omni and reassess the situation.

7. If there is an anomaly, do not forget the Paracesis, it is still the best weapon for speedy clearing of the Murex IMHO.

8. It might be a good idea to upgrade the front artillery so that the dome charges can one-shot disabled crewships. It saves a bit of time and speeds up the initial part of the mission.

9. Watch out for nearby cannon batteries when parking your RJ. They are sometimes hiding and can take RJ down while you are away.

I can usually finish Flexa run (galleon and base/platform/hangar) in about 20-25 minutes. Add about extra 10 minutes for a Murex. Giant point is the fastest, something in the range of 5-10 minutes depending on how the crewships spawn. I am sure some better player can do it significantly faster and more efficient. But this general setup is more or less fool proof and works fine for me.

43 minutes ago, (PS4)Miciobestia said:

Oh and thx for your advices, defo i need them seen i only spend 80% of the WF time on RJ :3

Nova got that damage reduction skill but maybe, seen they hit less than earth mobs you could make a VIDEO about you tanking few of them with your Nova for more than 2 secs? :3

Ofc no.

If you never got hit at soon entered is cuz prolly you did more likely 1/10 of the runs i did (even tho on missile base happen most of the time or at best you got 3 seconds before they gank you), as for Ivara dying at soon entered did i said I ALWAYS HAPPEN lol? happened maybe 3/4 times in all.

I was trying to give you helpful advice. Don't act like a prick. And considering my intrinsics and ship parts are maxed I think I've played plenty of RJ missions. Even after that I still play them because I love the game mode.

It's obvious you're not interested in feedback and just want to whine though.

Phew, a ton of comments to come on here to.

I'll try to reply to everyone as I'd be here for a year if I quoted each and every single one of you:

- Yes, I could have taken a tankier frame. Didn't think it was particularly necessary, however it seems I was wrong. Guess I'll be doing any Railjack garbo. with Rhino/Nyx/Ivara or something in the future.

- There wasn't just "one enemy", so for those thinking I stood at face-level with the Eviscerator while doing Pendulum Narata are wrong. I was being shot at by a few Eviscerators and other Exo units. My whole deal with being "one shot" was that one second I'm full HP and shields and the next second I'm dead on the ground, needing to revive.

There was probably 2 seconds worth of "gameplay" from me entering the ship, to me being dead, hence the use of "one shot". I didn't see my health deplete slowly, giving me time to activate my 3rd ability, I literally got deleted within about 2 seconds.

- I realised I had the wrong loadout on my weapon. Instead of Viral, I had Radiation, which of course is going to do sweet nothings to these Grineer. That is my bad and I'll own up to that.

- I didn't even realise that you could "follow" the anomaly around the map so to speak, so next time (if ever) I do Veil, I'll keep an eye-out in order to avoid it. Again, thanks to the person that pointed this out.

- I will repeat myself. My railjack is almost min-maxed. 90% of my avionics are maxed out with a maxed out grid. I have all MKIII equipment, some of which is also max bonus. 

- It wasn't just this one experience that makes me hate Railjack. I think it's a boring attempt at Archwing 2.0 that is literally 20 or so exterminate missions on yet another island of content that has no real links to the base game.

- Yes, I parked too close to the asteroid hangar and that's my bad. I also didn't know about this causing ramsleds to spawn ad infinitum, so thanks for that info as well.

Thanks for all the advice and I hope this clears anything up 🙂

Edited by Els236
  • Like 1

I will note that having MK III gear doesn't actually mean much. All of railjack progression is through your avionics now really; I did the whole star chart with Seeker Volley and the basic defensive avionics without too much issue because that is where most of your power comes from, rather than the guns and parts themselves. I still had the default Apoc turrets equipped on my RJ the whole time.

I've farmed for all the MK III gear myself (all variants too), but I don't really use my turrets other than blowing up Tethers and disabling engines. The Shield Array doesn't make a massive difference, nor do your engines. Reactor is nice, but a standard Sigma MKIII reactor from the dojo will get you through content easily.

Edited by (NSW)Matt-S