Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I officially hate Railjack.

Els236

4 hours ago, Els236 said:

I manage to reveal the first radiator and Omni back to my ship, only to find that it has a fire, a hull breach and a horde of Grineer Exo units that Cephalon Cy never warned me about over the radio.

Yeah, for some stupid reason Cy doesn't inform the Away Crew about boarders. I mean... I can understand him not wanting to announce "Ramsled launch detected" to the Away Crew, because what can they do about it? But if the Ramsled actually reaches the ship, I think the Away Crew need to know about it.

This isn't made any better by the fact Objectives can fire two Ramsleds every two minutes, AND they will happily launch Ramsleds regardless of what trips their 4km "activation radius". If there are ANY Tenno within that 4km activation radius, even just in Archwing form while the RJ is 15 kilometers away, those Ramsleds are getting launched!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

because what can they do about it?

If you're using Odonata, Repel permanently messes up their guidance systems and just makes them fly in a straight line. From there it's easy to shoot them down or just let them fly out of bounds.

6 minutes ago, Corvid said:

If you're using Odonata, Repel permanently messes up their guidance systems and just makes them fly in a straight line. From there it's easy to shoot them down or just let them fly out of bounds.

I was thinking more along the lines of the people hacking a Shipkiller platform, but that is good to know

Why try and solo something ur clearly not prepared for?

If you wanted to do the night wave then as someone has already said, simply play one of the earth nodes.

Gian point is the easiest mission in the veil, not much more difficult than the hardest nodes on Saturn, if you are struggling this much then you aren't ready to solo and need to improve ur loadout as well as ur ship.

How do you get 1 shot when shield gating  is a thing? Even if it's the slash damage that got you, it shouldn't be instantaneous like you seem to suggest, you should have been able to heal up.

You mention that Cy didnt notify you of the invaders...There is a health bar specifically for ur Railjack, if you had a fire as well as breaches you would be able to clearly see the Railjacks health going down.

Secondly it sounds like you parked ur railjack too close to the asteroid hanger hence the boarding. At certain distances the ramsleds dont get summoned.

Ultimately what I read is someone who got frustrated as he/she was Ill prepared to solo the mission.

Now if you want advice then please include ur Oberon loadout, weapons used and railjack setup. Then some constructive advice can be given 

Edited by (XB1)ALTBOULI
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I was thinking more along the lines of the people hacking a Shipkiller platform, but that is good to know

Yeah, not much an away crew can do in that scenario (aside from possibly recalling back to the ship to shoot it down), but it is good for those times when you disable a Crewship and it immediately launches one.

I do feel like Railjack enemies are quite spicy in terms of their DPS, at least for squishies, but it's not really Railjack's fault, is it?

It's inheriting the sins of its father - namely, the exceedingly broken damage system and cheese-vs-cheese arms race the players and devs have apparently been in for the past several years. DE were probably building them to counter the obscenely high effective health pools of frames like Inaros, and because the disparity is massive, Squishies get left out in the cold.

Is it fair to hate railjack because of its problems inherited from the base gameplay?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Els236 said:

My issues started to arise when I realised that I had 2 other objectives to complete, after partaking in the usual boring exterminate mission section:

To the OP, do be a little careful next time when starting a run at Gian Point as the anomaly jumps from node to node now. You will know it’s at the node by the small flashing sentient logo on the node itself.

Please give railjack another go.

7 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

You should probs do Earth mission for NW, since it's faster. But if it helps, I think Flexa in Veil Proxima is the one you want without objectives, that just has kill fighters and crewships.

Just to correct this, it is actually Gian Point, but if the Anomaly spawns on Gian Point, there is a high chance that there will be a secondary objective even in Gian Point.

Also, the Anomaly is optional.

5 hours ago, Nehra96 said:

Felsager: "Keep grinding for the sake of grinding and get good (for the ego boost!)."

Seriously do not do this. If you do not find it fun and rewarding, drop it, there is no point in bashing your head against a wall anyway. 

Also there is no "git gud" in warframe. Everything's about "git lucky" with rng, and "don't lose your mind grinding mindlessly". 

If you want to be a troll, fine. You can troll any member you like in this board, despite if such action is against the rules. Don't change my posts if you are going to address them. Getting good in this game means what to do with the Rail Jack build. Don't take things out of context changing the post of other users. 

Go figure what's the big fuss. I do have a pretty decked out RJ and have no issue whatsoever with easily killing anything that dares look wrong at me. In space or inside the RJ/bases.

I use a combat-centered build on my RJ with Seeker Volley, Vidar MKIII Reactor, Vidar MKIII Engines, Zetki Shields as low as possible due to the damage buff, Vidar Cryophon at the pilot and Zetki Carcinnox for the gunners. All of it fully maxed (not zetki, but I do have a Zetki MKIII shield maxed on the side) through valence fusions, obviously.

And a Mag Prime for general combat, as her 2nd with Kulstar and Tonkor vaporize all boarders right on the entry spot before those Mesas even react to the breach.

I just say this because simply having MKIII doesnt really mean much if they don't synergize between themselves, and if the player doesn't use them to their best potential.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

38 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Go figure what's the big fuss. I do have a pretty decked out RJ and have no issue whatsoever with easily killing anything that dares look wrong at me. In space or inside the RJ/bases.

I use a combat-centered build on my RJ with Seeker Volley, Vidar MKIII Reactor, Vidar MKIII Engines, Zetki Shields as low as possible due to the damage buff, Vidar Cryophon at the pilot and Zetki Carcinnox for the gunners. All of it fully maxed (not zetki, but I do have a Zetki MKIII shield maxed on the side) through valence fusions, obviously.

And a Mag Prime for general combat, as her 2nd with Kulstar and Tonkor vaporize all boarders right on the entry spot before those Mesas even react to the breach.

I just say this because simply having MKIII doesnt really mean much if they don't synergize between themselves, and if the player doesn't use them to their best potential.

I think that a part of it, is that people may be used to having abilities always on. So enemies can't really get the drop on us. But hopping in and out of the archwing cancels those and leaves people who didn't really anticipate it, open to attacks. 

Yeah the enemies there hit harder, and we have to anticipate and act rather than react, but the OP seems not to have done that, and had the illusion of their "omgwtfbbqI'mgodlikemuhahahahahadiebymyhand" status shaken. 

• Like 1

On a side note you should never get your railjack within 10k meters of those additional objectives if your solo. I usually park mine well outside the 10k mark and archwing to them that way the ramsled issue is never part of the equation. Yes its tedious to unlock a radiator and run clear back to entrance but its alot better then your ship half dead on fire and populated when you omni back to it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Els236 said:

I know some of you are going to say "you can't hate something from one bad experience", but by golly I can.

Was obviously doing the Nightwave challenge as I have no other reason to touch Railjack and for whatever reason, I thought it would be a fantastic idea to try Gian Point in the Veil Proxima. Mainly because I've heard of the drop rates for Predator and Void Hole being borked, so figured I'd try my luck.

I had to go in solo as no other squads were available and for the first part of the mission, I was doing alright. The fighters went down easily and although the enemy cruise-ships ended up being in a bunch and making me have to repair my ship a few times in order to avoid failure, it went OK.

Now, my ship isn't min-maxed, but it's fairly strong and has MKIII equipment and mostly maxed out avionics. As I said, apart from a few repairs here and there and having to hit the forge a couple of times for Revolite, it went OK.

My issues started to arise when I realised that I had 2 other objectives to complete, after partaking in the usual boring exterminate mission section:

- Take out the ship in the asteroid hangar

- Go kill sentients on the anomaly

I load into the asteroid hangar and was immediately one-shot by a level 80 Exo Eviscerator (Oberon Prime with 400 shields and ~1000HP). Well, OK then, he must have head-shot me with the Miter blade or something, I'll be a bit more careful then. I manage to reveal the first radiator and Omni back to my ship, only to find that it has a fire, a hull breach and a horde of Grineer Exo units that Cephalon Cy never warned me about over the radio.

Yet again, one of the Exo Eviscerators one-shots me, this time I'm thinking it's due to some dumb slash-proc overload.

With great difficulty (despite having decent weapons on me), I dispatch the invaders and have to rush to the hull-breach as I only had 25 or so seconds left. Low-and-behold, I have no Revolite, so I rush to the Forge and get back just in time to repair the breach, with only about 5 seconds on the clock. What then happens is that by some random chance, yet another bunch of Grineer Exos board my ship. 

This is now starting to become really darn annoying.

I manage to throw down my Hallowed Ground and while they are fighting amongst themselves, I repair my ship. I then just about manage to kill off the intruders before I need to head back to the asteroid base to finish that "mission".

As soon as I step foot back on the asteroid, a surprise to noone at this point, I get immediately one-shot by an Exo Eviscerator. At this point I have one single revive left.

I'm now starting to get really annoyed with this and consider quitting, although with the amount of time I've already spent, I just want to finish the stupid mission now.

I just about manage to complete that "mission" and start to head-off to the anomaly, although I already know deep-down that this is going to take me an eon to complete.

As I land on the anomaly, it pops up that I have to kill 20 sentients. Oh joy. 20 super high-level enemies that become immune to everything except my operator.

You can probably guess by the title of this thread that I did not survive this ordeal and got sent back to my dojo after having wasted 35 minutes of my time for absolutely nothing.

Yes, I could have taken my absolute best weapons and my best frame and the Paracesis, but I don't remember having to do the anomaly the last time I was in the Veil, so I didn't bother.

The quest to get the Railjack was a boring slog and doing anything other than Earth Proxima is nothing but a frustrating mess.

Anyway, never again. Not touching Railjack with a 10-foot barge-pole.

Rant over.

Probally you are undergeared.....

And railjack to me its the best content so far...no doubts.

Edited by Luciole77

26 minutes ago, (PS4)HunterKai2019 said:

On a side note you should never get your railjack within 10k meters of those additional objectives if your solo. I usually park mine well outside the 10k mark and archwing to them that way the ramsled issue is never part of the equation. Yes its tedious to unlock a radiator and run clear back to entrance but its alot better then your ship half dead on fire and populated when you omni back to it. 

At least 4500m is a safe distance. I think they tend to fire around the 4000m mark. 

2 hours ago, Felsagger said:

If you want to be a troll, fine. You can troll any member you like in this board, despite if such action is against the rules. Don't change my posts if you are going to address them. Getting good in this game means what to do with the Rail Jack build. Don't take things out of context changing the post of other users. 

But didn't you change the post of the guy you quoted in there. I thought we were having some dumb fun in there. 😔

40 minutes ago, Nehra96 said:

But didn't you change the post of the guy you quoted in there. I thought we were having some dumb fun in there. 😔

The old saying applies here: "The truly intelligent person is the one who can pretend to be fool in front of fools who pretend to be intelligent." ^^

Just sayin'

His post was long, his post was the first, therefore everybody can read it. If you are going to pick a fight with other users by doing the acting of an annoying white knight please remember who is the guy that you are defending. The first post was a mouthpiece rant of a random player who regurgitated his dissatisfaction. He does't want to put time on the game mode at all, a game mode that is easy to say the least. He wants to be rewarded like a child with an extremely easy cakewalk in the fields. 

Edited by Felsagger

I mean, most of these issues were your own fault... 

You selected a node that has the anomaly on it, since the anomaly moves from node to node as indicated in the star chart by a flashing icon. 

You parked your railjack too close to the objectives allowing them to board you constantly. There's a reason for the archwing and archwing slingshot. 

You didn't keep track of how much revolite you had until it was too late. 

And the last issue, being oneshot, is somewhat your fault. It's pretty well known that railjack enemies have stats multiple times higher than normal star chart enemies. So you basically brought low level gear to a sortie. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

I mean, most of these issues were your own fault... 

You selected a node that has the anomaly on it, since the anomaly moves from node to node as indicated in the star chart by a flashing icon. 

You parked your railjack too close to the objectives allowing them to board you constantly. There's a reason for the archwing and archwing slingshot. 

You didn't keep track of how much revolite you had until it was too late. 

And the last issue, being oneshot, is somewhat your fault. It's pretty well known that railjack enemies have stats multiple times higher than normal star chart enemies. So you basically brought low level gear to a sortie. 

Pretty much this.