Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Catalyst and reactors

ECACA

Question

They can either be bought for Platinum6420 under Equipment > Components, or assembled in the Foundry after finding its blueprint. These blueprints can be obtained in one of five ways:

So many ways to gain 1...Just 1..

What are the odds?

Anasa Ayatan Sculpture - 28.00%*
Riven Mod - 27.90%
4,000x Endo - 12.10%
6,000x Kuva - 12.00%
3-Day Booster - 9.81%^
Exilus Adapter - 2.50%
Forma - 2.50%
Orokin Catalyst Blueprint - 2.50%
Orokin Reactor Blueprint - 2.50%
Legendary Core - 0.18%

Lets see. the top 5, I wouldnt mind 1-2..the rest I can get other places.

And how many ways can we get an Oberon drop?  With all the ways, Cant you at least find something ELSE, or do you LIKE locking things up with Finding relics ??%, and trying to have a ??% chance to getting the 1 of 6 inside the relic?  To find and to open relic and GET what you want, is...<2%..

There are better ways to Slow players down, then all your restrictions.

• Like 1

What's the question/issue?

Orokin reactors/catalysts can be bought from the Nightwave store. However, it's usually cheaper to simply trade prime junk for plat, or even buy the aura mods from nightwave and trade those for plat, then use said plat to buy the reactors/catalysts. 

If you're talking about Oberon Prime, pretty sure he's vaulted, so you're best bet is to simply buy the parts from other players (unless you happen to have a tonne of Oberon Prime relics).

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ECACA said:

And how many ways can we get an Oberon drop?

There is exactly one way, actually

4 hours ago, ECACA said:

With all the ways, Cant you at least find something ELSE

No. Remember, they SELL those, they're a source of income for them. That's why the free ones are so rare

4 hours ago, ECACA said:

or do you LIKE locking things up with Finding relics ??%, and trying to have a ??% chance to getting the 1 of 6 inside the relic?  To find and to open relic and GET what you want, is...<2%..

Only if you run solo. The reason I like the Relic system is, you can CHOOSE if the rare drop chance is a soul-crushing 2% or a mostly-tolerable 35% just by adding a little extra grinding beforehand. If you're in a position where you can grind prime parts at all, you're in a position where you have a nice stockpile of Void Traces and can easily farm Interception maps or Syndicate missions for a supply of Relics

• Like 2

Catalysts and Reactors are in no way in short supply.  That is, unless you feel like you have to have everything now.  In which case, you're not going to be happy.  Warframe is a game that is often about grind and patience to varying degrees.  If you're not about that, you're not going to have fun here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ECACA said:

There are better ways to Slow players down, then all your restrictions.

Better ways? Probably not...adding more "grind" to Warframe would be bad IMO.

Looking at your profile it shows the account has been around since closed beta yet under 1000 hours played. I would have figured an account that old would have more hours played but perhaps you didn't / couldn't play all that often and thus didn't get the catalyst and/or reactors through playing like others with more hours.

Is it reasonable to expect a player with under 1000 hours would have "excess" or plenty of catalyst and/or reactors? For myself, only 2500 hours played but I have 30+ of both catalyst and reactors since I don't put them in every weapon...but I think all (Prime) warframes have one because the number of (Prime) warframes is lower.

Always seems like time played in Warframe helps overcome some of these drop related issues or at least many of the drop related issues.

But as others have suggested...nightwave is one way to get more of them...

• Like 1

There's too much stuff available in the game to burn a Catalyst/Reactor on EVERYTHING. If you plan to keep an item (particularly Primed variants), then I'd say go ahead and use one. Prime Warframes especially are a good investment for Reactors as you're not likely to replace them. But stuff that's just for Mastery potatoes, don't waste your resources.

• Like 1

Il y a 22 heures, TARINunit9 a dit :

There is exactly one way, actually

No. Remember, they SELL those, they're a source of income for them. That's why the free ones are so rare

Only if you run solo. The reason I like the Relic system is, you can CHOOSE if the rare drop chance is a soul-crushing 2% or a mostly-tolerable 35% just by adding a little extra grinding beforehand. If you're in a position where you can grind prime parts at all, you're in a position where you have a nice stockpile of Void Traces and can easily farm Interception maps or Syndicate missions for a supply of Relics

Pssst...

Oberon I earned on mission FREE...WHY get the drops??  I can show you Many locations and AI that drop OBERON Parts..  Iv dumped over 16 in a few weeks.  All eximus, drop it.  its also an award from some missions...how many do you want?

And Nightwave??  really people.  You have that much credit with her??  Im making 1-4 frames per week(Im running out of the first gen frames and weapons), there are to many Monetary systems in this game.  She gives you those 1/2 rarely.  And gets them Back when you buy something..  its a closed system, she makes no profit or loss, and cant spend the money we give her back.

At least Venus and earth, they pay you, then demand MORE back if you want to gain favor..  Including that RARE/RARE Prime item you just got..  Then our Ship demands money to make anything..  Might as well charge us rent on the ship.

6 parts in this game to get them but only 1 is working..HOW to get a lower level person Any?  Think of persons starting trying to get them and NOT do Sortie...  DRAG them with other higher levels..

Want this game playable even with lower levels..Yes I was in closed beta.  quit cause the game felt like Stealing from all these we were to protect...now they steal from us.

Came back to help a friend in MR 23+..  as most of the Clan disappeared while this game was being a head ache.  Still in beta if you ask me, even after 7 years.

Edited by ECACA
explain to comments.

4 hours ago, ECACA said:

Pssst...

Oberon I earned on mission FREE...WHY get the drops??  I can show you Many locations and AI that drop OBERON Parts..  Iv dumped over 16 in a few weeks.  All eximus, drop it.  its also an award from some missions...how many do you want?

Yes. Is that a problem? Doesn't sound like a problem to me

4 hours ago, ECACA said:

And Nightwave??  really people.  You have that much credit with her??

Most players don't have enough Nightwave Creds to just buy a dozen reactors/catalysts, no. You're not supposed to buy tons of them from Nightwave, you're supposed to buy one or two as a new player to get stronger

4 hours ago, ECACA said:

At least Venus and earth, they pay you, then demand MORE back if you want to gain favor..  Including that RARE/RARE Prime item you just got..  Then our Ship demands money to make anything..  Might as well charge us rent on the ship.

In the story: Ordis charges you credits to craft stuff because he needs to buy life support. In gameplay: credits serve as an early reward for beginners (like, brand new beginners) to keep them from just crafting too much new stuff at once. It's meaningless to veterans by design

Which brings me to...

4 hours ago, ECACA said:

there are to many Monetary systems in this game.

Yes, there are, but not in a way that's a genuine problem. They're all intertwined juuuust enough so that new players can make a little progress as they advance up the tech tree, so they know what to grind for later as they get more powerful. Credits -> resources and endo -> ducats and syndicate reputation -> railjack resources and kuva.

they could slow people down as many other games do, a real leveling system, not MR..MR should only be for crafting..  The Difficulty should be based on Our lvl and Their LVL..  but its not.

Which generally means they have to find other ways..  And that makes restrictions..insted of Us EARNING something, we end up being held back.  Throw Blue prints at beginners that they cant use YET, or even have access to..

Back to Subject..

There are 6 events to Earn RARE Catalysts and such, Its rare if its <10%..

Out of 6 events, they only run 1.  and how are beginners going to get them...you wont get many on the story lines.  Im tired of buying them, and I dont really like Sorties.  And the only trading Im doing is to dump the excess into the AI.  So forcing me to use a 2nd site to find people that want this STUFF, isnt happening, as it should be part of the program, which is BARELY setup.  Then there is 1 other biweekly event that WANTS my prime parts also..So Why sell these If Im going to need them.

Then Oberon.  so Its my fault for fighting eximus, and everyone of them drops oberon, and I have to throw 8-10 sets every week??  WOW..

Also, Iv already spent about $150+ dollars on this game, over time.  Can you guess what buying??

I've got a reactor on every frame I own and a catalyst on every weapon I've ever enjoyed using, and I've still got 20+ each of catalysts and reactors sitting in my inventory. And I've never paid plat for one. Reactors and catalysts are easy to acquire at a steady rate, though if you're burning through content getting a bunch of frames and weapons all at once you'll probably have to wait a while to put a potato on each and every one.

And I'm not sure I see how lack of access to reactors/catalysts really slows you down. Yes, it limits your arsenal of fully-modded frames and weapon, but the real roadblock there is forma, not potatoes.

Edited by motorfirebox
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, ECACA said:

There are 6 events to Earn RARE Catalysts and such, Its rare if its <10%..

Also, Iv already spent about $150+ dollars on this game, over time.  Can you guess what buying??

First off, stop buying Catalysts and Reactors (hereafter known simply as "Potatos").  It's making you unhappy.  In fact, you should probably stop buying anything in the store until you're feeling good about the game.  I have a feeling that once you stop feeling like you could get what you want now if you just paid some money for it, you'll start to have a better understanding of the pace that Warframe actually works at.

Second, stop putting Potatos in every frame and weapon you get.  Potatos are a rare resource, and you should treat them as a rare resource.  If you don't have many Potatos, then only put them in things that are your absolute favorite.

I started the game a few years ago, and I didn't give DE any money for a long time.  I've never purchased a Potato from the store.  But I also never felt like I needed to buy one.  When I level up Warframes and weapons, I do it without Potatos.  Then, if I have decided that I really love the weapon/Warframe after having leveled it all the way, and if I have a Potato to spare, I'll give it one.  But only the items that have earned Potatos get them.  And using this strategy, I now have 50 Catalysts and 10 Reactors just waiting for homes...and I have dozens of weapons with installed Catalysts, as well as a Reactor in every Warframe.  You won't get there overnight, because again, Warframe is a game about patience.  But with patience, you'll get there.

Potatos show up often enough.  Right now Nightwave is going on, and you can get quite a few Potatos very easily with your Glass Credits or whatever they're called.  In addition, you can keep an eye out Invasions, Razorbacks, Fomorians, and Alerts that sometimes appear on weekends after DE streams.  And while you arguably need Potatos for the highest tiers of play, if you're a beginner, you don't need them.  You can 100% get through the bulk of the Star Chart without any Potatos.  So I would recommend not fixating on them.  When you see an opportunity to get one, simply take it, as a treat.

• Like 2

You don't need to catalyst/reactor all your weapons/pets/warframes. The thing about resources in this game is that you need them until you don't. I have built all pets and warframes that have been released and am sitting on a dozen reactors (and a dozen catalyst). I also spent $0 in this game.

Il y a 10 heures, motorfirebox a dit :

I've got a reactor on every frame I own and a catalyst on every weapon I've ever enjoyed using, and I've still got 20+ each of catalysts and reactors sitting in my inventory. And I've never paid plat for one. Reactors and catalysts are easy to acquire at a steady rate, though if you're burning through content getting a bunch of frames and weapons all at once you'll probably have to wait a while to put a potato on each and every one.

And I'm not sure I see how lack of access to reactors/catalysts really slows you down. Yes, it limits your arsenal of fully-modded frames and weapon, but the real roadblock there is forma, not potatoes.

Well lets see how fast a weapon upgrades with only 30 points available..Not very.

NOW If I was about 5-8 MR higher, It would be almost instant 30.  Im MR23..about 24..

I came back a few months ago with my MR5..

You say there are many places...WHERE?  Iv listed all that drop them.  And the Percentage chance.

But Iv said this to many people about this game.  A good Frame, that a person can handle and a BIG gun, and the mods,and you can walk thru this game.  They put to many restrictions/stop points to slow you down, that its abit BAD.

With a nice Leveling System and the mod drops for those Levels, more people would know where they stand, NOT Buy a GREAT Frame, and gun, at MR1, and just THINK they can do anything.  Because you have to build, and build and build to get most of your MR.

So they Block it/slow it down, to a crawl, with Like events, that are REQUIRED, to get what you want to make the better builds.  But the events are haphazard.  There is no Time frame for when they are up or down.  There is only 1.  So, If I had not spent abit on these 2 things, I would not be MR23.  and I really Dont like Sortie.  I know my skills, but would LOVE to base THEIR LEVEL on our MR rating.  It dont tell The customer anything they need to know..  Like at MR5, some say you can fight lvl 35..  1 to 7 comparison, but it dont work that way.

Il y a 3 heures, RougeMagma a dit :

You don't need to catalyst/reactor all your weapons/pets/warframes. The thing about resources in this game is that you need them until you don't. I have built all pets and warframes that have been released and am sitting on a dozen reactors (and a dozen catalyst). I also spent $0 in this game.

So you have a bunch of 1/2 modded weapons, and Frames that cant get past 30-40 points.  Cool.  you have played how long? 2 years?

I played in beta, and Stopped, and watched as it changed and TRIED to make things better.  But it seems, it hasnt.

Seems abit worse.  To many monetary types.(another restriction)  The Trade in this system would be so convoluted, that nothing could ever be traded.

Farming in games is the idea I dont have to do much, including killing, I can Dig, Plant, Capture animals, fish...and generally not worry allot.  But those resources are Mostly good only on those planets.   They Pay me in 1 form, then want all of it back Plus more, to Make them be friendly to me??  Then another I PAy to get Crooks out of jail, and give Back those bonds, AND pay a ton of money and a RARE item, thats in LVL 35-50 area...But Venus ISNT a lvl 35 planet..And a low MR person Cant get to those other locations WHERE you have to get a relic(10%) then Fight in on another map to open it, that also higher then yourself, to get A CHANCE (<10%) for that rare item they demand.

THEN the associations,,  more of the same.  Then on Earth and Venus, you are required, to fight Monsters, higher level then yourself to get Another Monetary Unit for Another group..  To get them to be Nice to you again.

The Frames should Create a UNION and start Charging the planet to HELP them, Because SHIPS need Materials ALSO..

And Why does the Daily give away, GIVE me materials I can get Anywhere, and 5 times as much, in a day??

I got my reactors and catalyst from

1. Bought it through market, platinum of course.

2. Nightwave, its free.

3. Alerts, Gift of the Lotus and Invasions.

I get what you mean but it isnt really that hard to get them to be honest. I can spend 1-2 hours farming plat and I would get 1-3 orokin potatoes.

Take things slow, relax.

Edited by RiceHat_
  • Like 1

To me it sounds more like the OP just wants to whine about the game not being like he wants it to be.

Him not having patience, wanting everything NOW.

He doesn't understand the game, he doesn't want to spend time working up to something but he wants everything on a platter handed to him.

Been playing since Beta and only have 1k hours?

A big thing in the game is the need to work yourself or materials up to something. Having the satisfaction of seeing your grind pay off in getting the weapon, warframe, etc or getting a riven rolled in a manner that someone is willing to pay a few hundred or more. Along the way you have to make choices because you can't persue all at the same time.

E.G.: I didn't max out on 3 syndicates at the same time but doing a couple and then much latter added a 3rd. I didn't sell prime parts for plat or ducats unless I already had the prime weapon or warframe. So what if that meant I couldn't get that thing from Baro this time... he'll be back and at some point he'll bring the item back that I want.

If you don't have patience, then sure, you can get lots of things instantly by just buying it with plat and if you don't have the patience to farm for plat then sure you can buy plat with real money. However what you can't do is spend money to win. They leave that to the likes of EA.

Is it DE's fault that you don't want to spend time playing the game or is it there fault that you don't have the time to play their game? No and no.

There for it's your choice if you play NBA or Battlefield or Anthem of anything else instead of Warframe. But if you do, then do you really think you're entitled to the same things than those of us that choose to spend many more hours on this game?

PS: hold on to your hats if the OP reads about the drop chance of Bite, something tells me he'll be one of those that expects to be able to buy it ,maxed no less, for 20p

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ECACA said:

So you have a bunch of 1/2 modded weapons, and Frames that cant get past 30-40 points.  Cool.  you have played how long? 2 years?

I played in beta, and Stopped, and watched as it changed and TRIED to make things better.  But it seems, it hasnt.

Seems abit worse.  To many monetary types.(another restriction)  The Trade in this system would be so convoluted, that nothing could ever be traded.

Farming in games is the idea I dont have to do much, including killing, I can Dig, Plant, Capture animals, fish...and generally not worry allot.  But those resources are Mostly good only on those planets.   They Pay me in 1 form, then want all of it back Plus more, to Make them be friendly to me??  Then another I PAy to get Crooks out of jail, and give Back those bonds, AND pay a ton of money and a RARE item, thats in LVL 35-50 area...But Venus ISNT a lvl 35 planet..And a low MR person Cant get to those other locations WHERE you have to get a relic(10%) then Fight in on another map to open it, that also higher then yourself, to get A CHANCE (<10%) for that rare item they demand.

THEN the associations,,  more of the same.  Then on Earth and Venus, you are required, to fight Monsters, higher level then yourself to get Another Monetary Unit for Another group..  To get them to be Nice to you again.

The Frames should Create a UNION and start Charging the planet to HELP them, Because SHIPS need Materials ALSO..

And Why does the Daily give away, GIVE me materials I can get Anywhere, and 5 times as much, in a day??

30-40 point frames? What's that even supposed to mean? 1/2 modded frames? You mean a warframe where you only put 4-5 mods in the slots instead of all slots? Why do you want to do that? There's nothing wrong being a beta player that's out of touch. It's alright. Nothing to be shame about. This game has much evolved since its inception. Level 35-50 shouldn't be that hard. Even as of now, DE is beta testing hard mode (level 100+ enemies). Good luck with your farming. 

12 hours ago, ECACA said:

Well lets see how fast a weapon upgrades with only 30 points available..Not very.

NOW If I was about 5-8 MR higher, It would be almost instant 30.  Im MR23..about 24..

I came back a few months ago with my MR5..

You say there are many places...WHERE?  Iv listed all that drop them.  And the Percentage chance.

But Iv said this to many people about this game.  A good Frame, that a person can handle and a BIG gun, and the mods,and you can walk thru this game.  They put to many restrictions/stop points to slow you down, that its abit BAD.

With a nice Leveling System and the mod drops for those Levels, more people would know where they stand, NOT Buy a GREAT Frame, and gun, at MR1, and just THINK they can do anything.  Because you have to build, and build and build to get most of your MR.

So they Block it/slow it down, to a crawl, with Like events, that are REQUIRED, to get what you want to make the better builds.  But the events are haphazard.  There is no Time frame for when they are up or down.  There is only 1.  So, If I had not spent abit on these 2 things, I would not be MR23.  and I really Dont like Sortie.  I know my skills, but would LOVE to base THEIR LEVEL on our MR rating.  It dont tell The customer anything they need to know..  Like at MR5, some say you can fight lvl 35..  1 to 7 comparison, but it dont work that way.

You didn't list the most reliable source for potatoes. Nightwave. You can get one every few days, maybe faster.

Il y a 19 heures, RiceHat_ a dit :

I got my reactors and catalyst from

1. Bought it through market, platinum of course.

2. Nightwave, its free.

3. Alerts, Gift of the Lotus and Invasions.

I get what you mean but it isnt really that hard to get them to be honest. I can spend 1-2 hours farming plat and I would get 1-3 orokin potatoes.

Take things slow, relax.

Why?

Do you enjoy a forma Blueprint that takes 24 hours?

A Frame that takes more than  cause you have to build 3 other parts 72 hours?  And it costs you money??

How about having 11 of the same Blue prints but can only make 1 of them at a time.  But you need more then a FEW to do something.

OK, fine go relax..  but remember the 1 Big part of this game for MR..  Im sitting on MR13, and its not going to go up until I build 1 more item..and rank it to 30.  as well as you might read the first post.  Nightwave aint free.

Il y a 10 heures, (PS4)kite9000 a dit :

To me it sounds more like the OP just wants to whine about the game not being like he wants it to be.

Him not having patience, wanting everything NOW.

He doesn't understand the game, he doesn't want to spend time working up to something but he wants everything on a platter handed to him.

Been playing since Beta and only have 1k hours?

A big thing in the game is the need to work yourself or materials up to something. Having the satisfaction of seeing your grind pay off in getting the weapon, warframe, etc or getting a riven rolled in a manner that someone is willing to pay a few hundred or more. Along the way you have to make choices because you can't persue all at the same time.

E.G.: I didn't max out on 3 syndicates at the same time but doing a couple and then much latter added a 3rd. I didn't sell prime parts for plat or ducats unless I already had the prime weapon or warframe. So what if that meant I couldn't get that thing from Baro this time... he'll be back and at some point he'll bring the item back that I want.

If you don't have patience, then sure, you can get lots of things instantly by just buying it with plat and if you don't have the patience to farm for plat then sure you can buy plat with real money. However what you can't do is spend money to win. They leave that to the likes of EA.

Is it DE's fault that you don't want to spend time playing the game or is it there fault that you don't have the time to play their game? No and no.

There for it's your choice if you play NBA or Battlefield or Anthem of anything else instead of Warframe. But if you do, then do you really think you're entitled to the same things than those of us that choose to spend many more hours on this game?

PS: hold on to your hats if the OP reads about the drop chance of Bite, something tells me he'll be one of those that expects to be able to buy it ,maxed no less, for 20p

I am whining because these folks had an idea, that to make a program based on Building and ranking the item, insted of Other ways..

Then restrict how fast you can do it, restrict WHERE you can get the parts, install a system based on a % x a %, which is beyond stupid.  Having a <10% chance to get that rare relic, to have another <10% chance to have it drop another rare item,,,Is stupid.

They are making a beautiful, artwork of Characters, and no where to go.   They have many Things added for events, that take 6-12 months to repeat..

Lazy??  I dont know.  Insted of adding More to the game, they add more Frames.  Hide the parts so you cant find them, and by MR5-8 you should be able to do the Whole system..  The leveling does not work very well.  Even after they add events to GO BACK to the lower planets, and fight higher rank AI...Been there, and DONE that, 1000+ times.

After 7 years you would think the programming would be pretty solid.  There are still glitches.  I even had to report one recently, about People leaving Just after a broken Window alert, and After it Changed to a new host, it left the windows open..  They keep Adding things to make it last longer, or restrict how fast you can do everything.  Unlike WOW, they dont have anyplace to Go, past this system...  OR let us go to the Tao section.

Il y a 4 heures, (XB1)x ARTaco x a dit :

dude either play the game 5+ hrs a day or spend money on it. those are your only two options if you want stuff quick. if not then just be happy being a pleb. loads of people that play the game have chosen one of those things (almost everyone)

There is a 3rd, and many have already done it.. QUIT.  because after you run a map 1000 times ITS BORING...After trying to get that 1 relic you want for the 50th run, or more...  you get to upset to try again.  we DONT earn things here.  Not even leveling, we have to pay for everything, including Making friends...And if we are not friends certain groups send assassins after us.

And Iv been doing 8+ hour per day for the last few months...so Go figure the math.

Edited by ECACA

11 hours ago, ECACA said:

Do you enjoy a forma Blueprint that takes 24 hours?

I did not say anything about forma, but yes I do not enjoy forma being 24 hours.

A Frame that takes more than  cause you have to build 3 other parts 72 hours?  And it costs you money??

I dont see it as a problem farming 3 parts, can farm a frame for 3-7 hours to complete. I do have a little gripe with the 72 hours of crafting but it does not get to the point that ill rant about it, relax, no ones telling you to craft weapons and frames faster. And what are you saying it cost's me money? What money? Almost all my frames, slots, potatoes, mods etc.. I farmed the platinum for it. I didnt waste real cash, what I wasted was time though.

How about having 11 of the same Blue prints but can only make 1 of them at a time.  But you need more then a FEW to do something.

Again, why are you such in a hurry? Game is pve based and people just casually play this game, have you tried farming for platinum? Trade rivens for platinum? Sorties for ayatan or riven? Sell requiem mods? Because this seem's to be getting to the topic of platinum, because you can only craft one at a time and you dont wanna use platinum to haste build.

OK, fine go relax..  but remember the 1 Big part of this game for MR..  Im sitting on MR13, and its not going to go up until I build 1 more item..and rank it to 30.  as well as you might read the first post.  Nightwave aint free.

Actually, taking a week off online games, and who cares about MR? I'm MR 25 and I played this game since 2017, MR wont base much of your experience. Yes ive read it and it was bad. Not free? Have you paid for it by the way? Have you paid for nightwave? Yeah I think not. 

And by the way, a friend of mine is MR12 who can solo can tridolon in a month, what im getting at is MR dont matter, who cares about your MR.