Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tank/ Crowd control frames make a comeback in steel path?

Aoennor

As they said, enemies with modifiers are in hard mode. Enemies are tankier.

So do Crowd control frames or tank frames like Rhino, Vauban, Frost.... just to name some, will make a comeback to their glory ?
Not saying that damage frames will be totally useless in steel path, put comparing both of them, which will be the priority in steel path ?
Because I do think that tank or utility frames will get some love in steel path ( if the live release is same as the current beta)

Tanky frames will definitely be a good choice for solo play, but I think the most efficient solution (and also the least popular one) would be to use a tank, a crowd control and a dps frame at the same time with a support/utility frame for the 4th place. But since people don't know how to take damage instead of others around them and roles are not properly assigned in the game for teamplay, this will never happen.

Honestly I doubt it because enemies are very easy to kill up till around level 300 or so. Beyond that it's abilities to kill or buffed melees and CC for defense. So it's likely the old DPS frames will still be used but it'll be synergising abilities for higher dps instead of just Saryn or Equinox doing AoE kills.

I think it will come down to Baruuk, Vauban, Protea, Ember, Nezha, Garuda, Hildryn, Frost, Gauss, Octavia, Revenant and Ash in many cases. They either have scaling damage or options to remove defense while also providing good options for CC and survivability or stealth. 

Baruuk will likely be a top choice given his option to utilize viral+heat together with the proper element versus each faction while rocking 100% status chance aswell.

Tank frames aren't making a comeback. Tanky frames are already meta af together with AoE damage frames on regular difficulty because the game was so actively designed against CC over the past years. You either tank all hits or you hit harder than the enemy. Ideally both. That's the general frame meta currently.

Also tanky frames have almost no options to actively take damage for others because there are almost no aggro mechanics available to them. That's not an issue of "not knowing how to take damage for others". You can know that Guardian Derision is a thing, but it's only an unreliable mediocre 15(?) m taunt that also has a pretty miserable drop rate. It got a bit easier to get with Orb Valis though.

I think armor/shield stripping will be way more important than it is (status weapons/effects likely too) currently considering enemies have the shield and armor sortie modifiers. That should put Hildryn pretty high for squads against Corpus and Grineer since she's easily built for fast large AoE 50% strip without sacrificing anything. She should easily strip 75% within a few seconds.

I assume a good chunk of missions will be easily completed solo with Ivara or possibly other stealthers as well. For example every single survival and spy node should be an auto-success as her without even killing a single enemy.

Nova should be enough for me through SP. CC is definitely gonna be more common now, what with enemies having 2x health/shield/armor. Tanky frames would only include those with scaling abilities like Rhino and Frost since apparently the damage is gonna be bonkers too.

CC for level 150 enemies is not needed at all.

I either used Saryn to murder the entire level 120 lich nodes or Inaros to facetank Disruption so I will probably just use those as usual. Level 150 (kuva fortress is highest at level 50ish) enemies are not really that hard to deal with nor do they deal that much damage when they don't live long enough to shoot twice.

20 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Honestly I doubt it because enemies are very easy to kill up till around level 300 or so.

But from what i watched from utube, Brozime and Ashigogi, they said the modifier makes enemies hard to kill . ( that's the info i get, so just wondering )

21 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

So it's likely the old DPS frames will still be used but it'll be synergising abilities for higher dps instead of just Saryn or Equinox doing AoE kills.

I do like the concept of warframe synergies, but it seldom happens. 

3 minutes ago, NoMoreFAIL said:

I either used Saryn to murder the entire level 120 lich nodes

Sure she would, but how about in steel path with modifier ?

Methinks the Steel Path might expose some of the balance problems Warframe is facing. Like how CC and DPS really don't seem like they can get along in the same space right now which, for my money, is down to the fact that they basically do the same thing, only one is more direct but cares about enemy EHP and the other doesn't care about enemy EHP but is slower. So it basically comes down to 'if enemies die fast to DPS, use nukes, if they don't, use CC', rather than crowd control and DPS having distinct roles in the gameplay 'sandbox'. Same kind of schtick for invisibility and tanking damage, which I'm sure will also be a debate depending on how much damage Steel Path foes wind up doing.

19 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

Yes, Mag will make a comeback. : ]

Yes, she definitely. But I do love more, like Banshee, Nyx or any which can synergies with any other frames

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Deeceem said:

You can know that Guardian Derision is a thing, but it's only an unreliable mediocre 15(?) m taunt that also has a pretty miserable drop rate.

Hmmm, Guardian Derision might be a thing. Not sure how the meta will shift in steel path.

As I watched the utube videos, they did say enemies hard to die, and they hit hard. But not sure will the tank frames tank their hits...

26 minutes ago, Aoennor said:

But from what i watched from utube, Brozime and Ashigogi, they said the modifier makes enemies hard to kill . ( that's the info i get, so just wondering )

I wouldn't trust youtubers to know what "hard" is in Warframe. 

21 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I wouldn't trust youtubers to know what "hard" is in Warframe. 

I mean, Brozime is the quintessential meta-slave min-maxer, I would at least trust him.

Anyways  I was lucky enough to play in the test server and can confirm that enemies are significantly tougher than their lvl. 100 counterparts. So much so that planning your loadout becomes a must and coop is highly advised.

I feel like CC frames have a shot at becoming relevant again, but only those that can actually survive on it's own (Rhino rather than Vauban).

2 minutes ago, Watsof said:

I mean, Brozime is the quintessential meta-slave min-maxer, I would at least trust him.

Anyways  I was lucky enough to play in the test server and can confirm that enemies are significantly tougher than their lvl. 100 counterparts. So much so that planning your loadout becomes a must and coop is highly advised.

I feel like CC frames have a shot at becoming relevant again, but only those that can actually survive on it's own (Rhino rather than Vauban).

I disagree that he knows what he's doing but with regards to the harder enemies, firstly I welcome it but secondly, Arbitration was also supposed to be hard. On he first day of release I did a 4 hour run no problems and that was before people discovered the meta methods we now use. I'm not honestly expecting a challenge but if there is one then I look forward to it.

8 minutes ago, Watsof said:

In the same Video he mentioned how his Kuva Quartakk didnt feel that great, while it was modded for Radiation/Viral/Heat. Of course it will deal 0 damage.

2 hours ago, Aoennor said:

So do Crowd control frames or tank frames like Rhino, Vauban, Frost.... just to name some, will make a comeback to their glory ?
Not saying that damage frames will be totally useless in steel path, put comparing both of them, which will be the priority in steel path ?
Because I do think that tank or utility frames will get some love in steel path ( if the live release is same as the current beta)

Hypothetically speaking if the test version of The Steel Path "TSP" went live today as is. There would be missions that you could not solo unless using very specific setups to control the field of battle and or cheese it. TSP is a throw back to real Co-Op for the game if it is implemented the way it is now in the test cluster.

14 minutes ago, Watsof said:

Brozime he is a min/maxer lite. Knightmare Frame is more of a true Min/Maxer and actively pushes the boundaries both solo and in teams. If I were to sum it up Brozime is book smart but not street smart. You can trust him, but not to the exclusion of of those who are more experienced in the min/max category.

39 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

I'll probably just womp through it with Inaros or Baruuk to be honest

Baruuk, is doing surprisingly well in the current test cluster so you got that to look forward to.

For some contrast since I see Brozime getting tossed around alot today here is another perspective from Ashisogi Tenno:

1 minute ago, Magus_Tahir said:

Baruuk, is doing surprisingly well in the current test cluster so you got that to look forward to.

Good to know. He tends to be my go to for sortie 3 missions if a lot of killing is required and he breezes through that once he gets going 😊

1 minute ago, Butterfly85 said:

Good to know. He tends to be my go to for sortie 3 missions if a lot of killing is required and he breezes through that once he gets going 😊

I am actually hoping they keep the combat as is from the test cluster since I am rather fond of Status and CC builds. It will also give me something to drag the BF into so we can tag team harder content together. This mode may even encourage people to use voice chat more often. I'm rather excited to be thinking about synergies between Frames for the Star Chart outside of my regular pugs and solo stuff.

1 minute ago, Magus_Tahir said:

I am actually hoping they keep the combat as is from the test cluster since I am rather fond of Status and CC builds. It will also give me something to drag the BF into so we can tag team harder content together. This mode may even encourage people to use voice chat more often. I'm rather excited to be thinking about synergies between Frames for the Star Chart outside of my regular pugs and solo stuff.

multiples frames with CC are actualy shinning in Steel path. Including Oberon , Mag , Hydroid and even for companion with whiplash mines. 

2 hours ago, Aoennor said:

Maybe not in its initial incarnation of only +100 starting level. If there's going to be an increase later on it's possible. But let's be real, at some point the damage output on both sides is so high that it's either you camp and lock down the whole room or get downed rather quickly (or be invisible, etc. permanently).

The sweet spot for squishy CC/utility frames is years in the past, not simply in increased levels. Nonetheless, I hope I'll get some entertainment out of it in any case.

2 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

Wish this is will come true during gameplay as I myself sometimes kind of lazy to wait for the recruit chat.

But without recruiting, the team synergies won't happen smoothly sometimes, based ob my previous games experience, as players; frames are random.

2 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

at some point the damage output on both sides is so high that it's either you camp and lock down the whole room or get downed rather quickly

Yeah, that would be the easier and safest way to survive long as the damage output from enemies and too high that tank frames will not be viable. 

Looks like utility crows control frames might get shinier than tank frames. 

12 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

Maybe not in its initial incarnation of only +100 starting level. If there's going to be an increase later on it's possible. But let's be real, at some point the damage output on both sides is so high that it's either you camp and lock down the whole room or get downed rather quickly (or be invisible, etc. permanently).

The sweet spot for squishy CC/utility frames is years in the past, not simply in increased levels. Nonetheless, I hope I'll get some entertainment out of it in any case.

Well yes and no.  The damage output is not that big of a deal compared to some things we saw ( basically its +100 with increased DR and health but not damage as i saw ). They hit hard but with the recent changes to targeting you can basically unstealth ivara across a room and they wont even shoot at you but dont stay in it for too long because they will destroy you if they see you.

Tank frame even if they are not invincible will still hold their ground pretty well but the "all rounders" like Rhino , Inaros , Oberon  are still gonna shines well ^.^ 

but when you want to kill stuff and stick arround. CC seems to be the new way to go because lvl100 are hard to kill and random encounters seems to be more present so stalker , G3 and zanuka will be harder to kill too ^.^ 

13 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

If they implement as is, CC and Shield and Armor strip is gonna be needed. Im dreading Archwing honestly. 

Archived