Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel path and Corpus need a review

JackHargreav

I only had problem against corpus (steel path) in that defense mission, that is at a open area, they come with those ship shooting the defence objective with a stupidly damage and the ship drops an Ambula, that was a real pain to solo, 18 min to finish a solo 5 waves defence '-'

Just downloaded the update.
I can see the rewards.
They can give you Teshin's armor set for operator.
AND i would like his double nikanas as well.

May the DE development team hear me - MADE US DUAL WIELD NIKANAS 

Спойлер

Or release Zephyr Deluxe tho

51 minutes ago, kevoisvevo said:

Naramon

Thanks 🙂

43 minutes ago, nslay said:

CC more. My relatively low HP ESO Naramon Khora I've shown you has only 375 health and I can survive the Corpus with Strangledome/Ensnare in Steel Path. But the minute CC goes down, it does start to hurt!

Khora is fun but I like Booben and Ivara more. 

Also ESO is awful....

After I played Europa. I realized that Jupiter and ship corpus have much better weapons. They are both stronger faster and accurate.

And there's the problem. If corpus would just get stronger weapons they wouldn't need nullifiers to be dangerous.

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

The Corpus primary use alot of Puncture and Electricity weapons.... naturally that hurts ALOT compared to the Grinneer who mostly use Impacr weapons.

Some corpus units also have access to heat and i dont have to tell you Heat Procs #*!%ing hurt !!!

Tenno health/armor is neutral to everything, with shields having a 25% resistance to everything, so enemy damage distribution is irrelevant except for proc type weighting (and adaptation I guess).

The corpus just have higher base damage across the board pretty much, and have more access to DoT procs for the most part.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Tenno health/armor is neutral to everything, with shields having a 25% resistance to everything, so enemy damage distribution is irrelevant except for proc type weighting (and adaptation I guess).

Thats basically what i said...

3 minutes ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

The corpus just have higher base damage across the board pretty much, and have more access to DoT procs for the most part.

Thats also Basically what i said...

15 minutes ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Its really not, but I won't press it

It really is and you shouldn't press it...

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Well, that's hard mode for you.

Really tiered and disappointed of enemies ignoring warframe abilities 

I would've rather have weaker but much much faster enemies that use dodge, rolling, jump and fly more 

As a Booben i fail to see the point of this if i can just CC them anyway....

20 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

As a Booben i fail to see the point of this if i can just CC them anyway....

The point is exactly that

More power to CC warframes...

More challenge for die hard daredevil warframes

It wouldn't matter for my grendel as i would just eat them all and launch myself at them 

1 hour ago, JackHargreav said:

For me in solo with Protea it is hard.

Well sadly Protea didn't get any more changes. She's pretty mediocre right now if you ask me so i believe that you're having trouble soloing with her.

40 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Magus Repair and Vazarin will save your butt at the moment of clenching.

At these levels of damage, Magus Repair won't do anything. It's all about shield gating at this point unless you're inaros then yea. Some frame like Protea gets their health one or twoshot before Magus Repair can do anything remotely useful.

3 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

At these levels of damage, Magus Repair won't do anything. It's all about shield gating at this point unless you're inaros then yea. Some frame like Protea gets their health one or twoshot before Magus Repair can do anything remotely useful.

I think Magus Elevate is far more practical and effective for most frames that don't have insane amounts of HP.

It probably should have a cooldown. Or maybe even just have a cooldown for using Operator and/or returning to frame.

Also for those who do not know. If you’re doing steel path solo or in group, you are facing maximum enemy spawn rate in a full squad regardless of squad size. 

Yes I did a solo corpus ship with my off meta setup and my god hordes of elite corpus with AoE Supras are swarming me. I have to constantly move room to room and take them out 1 by 1. I believe they need to decrease the spawn rate for solo players by half.

3 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Unfortunately I feel like using the operator is cheating, kinda. Same with Energy pizzas.

Oh dont worry... All Pizzas have a 60 Second Cool Down on Steel Path. 

I also feel like Operators are cheating so i rarely use them. 

50 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Also for those who do not know. If you’re doing steel path solo or in group, you are facing maximum enemy spawn rate in a full squad regardless of squad size. 

Yes I did a solo corpus ship with my off meta setup and my god hordes of elite corpus with AoE Supras are swarming me. I have to constantly move room to room and take them out 1 by 1. I believe they need to decrease the spawn rate for solo players by half.

Please dont... I've been in such situations but I made it work but moving my loadout and configs around based on the mission, something I havent felt the need to do in a very long time.

Its what is making me actually not mind the fact that I'm moving through the whole starchart for the 2nd time.

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Oh dont worry... All Pizzas have a 60 Second Cool Down on Steel Path. 

I also feel like Operators are cheating so i rarely use them. 

Rarely Zenurik for you then!

In solo Steel Path, my Naramon Khora isn't needing Energy Pizzas... and no access to Energizing Dash. Almost-certainly RNG with Equilibrium/Synth Mods+Arcane Energize isn't good enough though... clearly not allowing me beat all those missions with Naramon Khora that I am beating.

Really take a second and run a sedna exter and a pluto exter. Let met tell you straight, the sedna exter is harder pretty convincingly. Yes some corpus unit can deal heavy damage and corpus are less prone to get insta killed all the time by Khora. However the truth is that they die way way quicker and have access to less crazy stuff than greeners. Let a sedna lancer on a turret steamroll your face for 2 seconds and see what it does. I was very afrait of corpus, except ambulas spawns that require raw weapon damage it is pretty much non factor / business as usual territory.

And then about nullifier. Man you have at least run the whole starchart, you should be able to identify what type of build is good against that, the level has almost no impact on this type of ennemies, they are the same as ever in steel path...

10 hours ago, Toa_Dohaes said:

May the DE development team hear me - MADE US DUAL WIELD NIKANAS.

You mean Daisho, for a game which so heavily emphasizes Japanese influence, I'm surprised they haven't dressed up more weapons like this. 

I'd love this to, even if it was just a scabbard skin with a Wakizashi you never draw. 

5 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Nah, keep the spawn as is. I'm looking forward to having solo survival missions where I'm not having to hit up the air towers every minute because nothing spawns and I dont get any life support drops.

The only time it's a bit of an issue is when doing defence. Then I just need my missus to run a dps build while I keep the objective safe in the interests of not having to spend 5 minutes carefully clearing each wave.

As for nullies? A good aim witha gun to take out the drone on top the bubble ends them.

Corpus have long stood as the more technically difficult Faction in theory who in practice never get to show it. While the Grineer just build tankier and with more damage, the Corpus employ a lot more specifically anti-Tenno measures: floating assistance drones that are harder to hit, rolling Ratels that sap Shields, Nullifiers, Bursas, Comba/Scrambus Magnetic proc zones, etc. Thing is, with the Corpus being so much more frail than the Grineer, they typically get destroyed before any of their anti-Tenno measures can help them tip the scale.

Make them tankier though, and suddenly we have to deal with those mechanics tailored to counter us. They become a lot tougher than used to be.

Luckily for us, we too have an arsenal we can use to counter specific obstacles. Now instead of just taking our builds that we designed vs the tankiest enemies (Grineer), in Steel Path it's a lot more meaningful to change up our builds and loadouts to address Corpus specifically. Where it was once a joke, now Magnetic status will see some use because elemental distinction actually matters, when the Corpus don't die in 1-2 hits from any old weapon with any old build.

1 hour ago, SenorClipClop said:

Corpus have long stood as the more technically difficult Faction in theory who in practice never get to show it. While the Grineer just build tankier and with more damage, the Corpus employ a lot more specifically anti-Tenno measures: floating assistance drones that are harder to hit, rolling Ratels that sap Shields, Nullifiers, Bursas, Comba/Scrambus Magnetic proc zones, etc. Thing is, with the Corpus being so much more frail than the Grineer, they typically get destroyed before any of their anti-Tenno measures can help them tip the scale.

Make them tankier though, and suddenly we have to deal with those mechanics tailored to counter us. They become a lot tougher than used to be.

Luckily for us, we too have an arsenal we can use to counter specific obstacles. Now instead of just taking our builds that we designed vs the tankiest enemies (Grineer), in Steel Path it's a lot more meaningful to change up our builds and loadouts to address Corpus specifically. Where it was once a joke, now Magnetic status will see some use because elemental distinction actually matters, when the Corpus don't die in 1-2 hits from any old weapon with any old build.

Now they die in two hits from toxin magnetic combo.

But the problem is not how to kill them. It's when the game decides to spawn a comba or nullifier on every corner. And going slow is not an option because then you die. So you run into one of these jerks and the 30 other units have a really easy time killing you.

There isn't any time or room for planning. You just rush and hope that those shields stay up and you don't die from some common mob.

Tho again this is a problem with Jupiter and ship corpus. Because they have waaay better weaponary. Old units are a piece of cake to deal with.

40 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Their bullets take time to travel so you can avoid damage if you actively move around

Yes mobility is an option. As is crowd control, operator, stealth, and any number of other things. However, it feels like the layout of the new tileset was designed to create situations where damage is unavoidable. I thought I kind of explained that in the quote that you snip

I've always wondered what the actual travel speed of Corpus projectiles was. It would be an interesting fact to know. Like how much time you would have to dodge one shot from a single Corpus Crewman from like 50m away. Then factor in average human reaction speed and ping to see how much time you would have to make a decision. The wiki probably has flight speed in m/s for the enemies. If not I bet they have that info for the weapons they use. 

Archived