Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Behold! Umbra Mesa Prime!

umbraldumb.png

Obviously she takes quite a lot of damage but the way I play isn't exactly sit in place and take hits.
I've been using this for quite a while now, way before Steel Path, because I love Banshee but didn't like how squishy she is.

Keep in mind I use this with a heavy-attack dagger build with life-strike and a 0.2 windup. I've got heavy attack bound to E so I don't actually use the dagger like you normally would, I have it set up for the fastest possible heavy attack.

fastdag.png

Yes. No stance. Playing around with heavy attacks with daggers, shooting for the fastest possible heavy attack, the heavy attack without a stance is actually the fastest heavy attack. Don't ask me why, I don't make the rules.

Also, don't be fooled, this dagger strategy MOWS through crowds of 145 corrupted heavy gunners. (with a modest 8.3x sonar on them) This is due to dagger heavy attacks automatically applying bleeds. BIG BLEED ENERGY

But anyways, when stuff hits the fan, I can jump into the middle of badguys and start spamming heavy attack dagger.

For this Primed Sure Footed is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL. If you get knocked down, you are dead. While building up adaptation stacks and getting arcane guardian to proc, you only have a handful of hits you can take before getting instasplatted. And with primed sure footed, it doesn't matter what the knockdown attempt is, it doesn't interrupt your heavy attacks, you heavy attack through everything no F's given.

I haven't done the Steel Path yet, and I have no intention of doing the endless level 1000+ craziness that some people like to brag about.

Also for those of you saying that Umbral Fiber is a waste for Mesa Prime, keep in mind that it raises both armor AND health.

Mesa Prime goes from 1147 hp and 29.41% damage reduction, to 1444 health with 54.89% damage reduction.

That may not sound like a lot, but it is 1625 effective health (we aren't including shields) vs 3201 effective health.

Umbral Fiber, when added to Umbral Intensify and Umbral Vitality on Mesa Prime, basically DOUBLES her effective health pool.

It does the same thing for my umbral Banshee. It takes her from 1204 effective health pool, to 2372 effective health pool.

55 minutes ago, Hokibukisa said:

Primed Sure Footed is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL

And it’s a vary tasty mod now. I use it my Ash build as it was fixed where there is actual immunity no staggering or guard state just straight immunity, it’s a wonderful mod. Also your banshee looks pretty awesome. 

5 hours ago, Hokibukisa said:

umbraldumb.png

Obviously she takes quite a lot of damage but the way I play isn't exactly sit in place and take hits.
I've been using this for quite a while now, way before Steel Path, because I love Banshee but didn't like how squishy she is.

Keep in mind I use this with a heavy-attack dagger build with life-strike and a 0.2 windup. I've got heavy attack bound to E so I don't actually use the dagger like you normally would, I have it set up for the fastest possible heavy attack.

fastdag.png

Yes. No stance. Playing around with heavy attacks with daggers, shooting for the fastest possible heavy attack, the heavy attack without a stance is actually the fastest heavy attack. Don't ask me why, I don't make the rules.

Also, don't be fooled, this dagger strategy MOWS through crowds of 145 corrupted heavy gunners. (with a modest 8.3x sonar on them) This is due to dagger heavy attacks automatically applying bleeds. BIG BLEED ENERGY

But anyways, when stuff hits the fan, I can jump into the middle of badguys and start spamming heavy attack dagger.

For this Primed Sure Footed is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL. If you get knocked down, you are dead. While building up adaptation stacks and getting arcane guardian to proc, you only have a handful of hits you can take before getting instasplatted. And with primed sure footed, it doesn't matter what the knockdown attempt is, it doesn't interrupt your heavy attacks, you heavy attack through everything no F's given.

I haven't done the Steel Path yet, and I have no intention of doing the endless level 1000+ craziness that some people like to brag about.

There is so much awesome in this post.

RE: Banshee.  The only frame that I'm really tempted to put 1-2 umbra forma in.  Think I'd want to make another copy of her though. .

On 2020-07-23 at 11:36 AM, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

Do u have the math to back that up Zilch? @Xzorn I summon the? 😅

Sorry, haven't really been playing since they nerfed enemy scaling to clown shoes level.
I'm fairly sure anythings works now and it doesn't matter much what you mod.

Far as back when I used to bother with min/maxing builds. Yea Anemic Agility and 90% + 60/60x2 was the better choice in dealing with Armor as Mesa's damage output doesn't come into question till around lvl 400 where against Armored enemies it would start to falter without that setup about lvl 250. With that setup it would go lvl 400.

From what I've bothered on the new system Armor doesn't really matter though it really didn't before long as the player knew how to mod correctly and use the right weapons. In the end it was enemy Raw Health scaling most players felt as level increased, not Armor but that's been nerfed also though so... *shrugs*

At this point you pretty much use whatever DE has forced players into with their rule exceptions and made up crap to pigeon hole options.

On 2020-07-22 at 7:43 PM, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

jbVsGoI.jpg
AEgnWdG.jpg
wmshjuZ.jpg 

That's one of the best looking Mesa prime I've seen. Besides I tried your exact build. It really gives outstanding results. You went viral with the regulators. This is the right way to tackle Steel Path with this frame. 

I wonder what weapons you use with Mesa? And please let me see the costume you used with the frame. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Base damage and contact damage are affected by Ability Strength while Absorb multiplier is not.

Anti Matter. Not that hard to figure out.

Yeh I'm well aware of that, I even mentioned it in my comment to him if you bothered to read. I'm also aware unlike you, that the base strength modifier is tiny compared to the bonus you get from simply shooting the orb. Next time you feel like correcting someone, make sure you know what you're talking about.

4 hours ago, Felsagger said:

That's one of the best looking Mesa prime I've seen. Besides I tried your exact build. It really gives outstanding results. You went viral with the regulators. This is the right way to tackle Steel Path with this frame. 

I wonder what weapons you use with Mesa? And please let me see the costume you used with the frame. 

Thank you vary much for your kind words.
I’ll show you the weapon builds I use the most with her. And let me tell you she’s doing just fine. Till I gor to the emissary assassination, she struggled there. Had to tank Rhino melee that sucker but I digress. 

Immortal Skin with prime details is what I was use it then. LEHXsqN.jpg
z1y8n9o.jpg
but I recently switch back to the prime skin. It’s just too good. (bullets for knuckles are just metal) 

Armor and colors are:  (Targis Prime chest, Edo Prime shoulders, Imugi leg plates, Tenebrous Ephemera, Static Reactor Prime Sigil) color channels are (looking left to right) Tenno 2 color pallet 9 down 3 squares right)dust red, smoke pallet black, and Energy color is Orokin color pallet bottom row, squares 4 and 5 and smoke black. 
yXKHlgl.jpg

smPvj7k.jpg

now my most used weapons and builds. Caution though I do use Rivens just because they are my favorite weapons

AkVasto Prime B5wRBc9.jpg

Redeemer Prime EIFGFOm.jpg

Primary I rarely use. But I will cycle between Tigris P, Sybaris P and Vectis P depending on mission type. 

11 hours ago, Felsagger said:

The only thing @(XB1)YoungGunn82is getting with 3 umbral Mods and energize is 11+ Ability, he would be gaining far more effective health with a guardian instead of energize and fleetining in place of Umbral Fiber for better efficiency.

Viral? Not sure about that, depends on the mission,

6 hours ago, MPonder said:

getting with 3 umbral Mods and energize is 11+ Ability,

And 220% Vitality and 55% Tau resistance (whatever tau resistance means) I was running Prime Vigor but Umbra fiber gives me more bang for my buck. Couldn’t really find a mod that gives me what umbra fiber gives (for the set). That said I’m always open for new ideas or something I haven’t tried. 

health with a guardian instead of energize and fleetining in place of Umbral Fiber for better efficiency.

Fleeting takes way to much duration from me. Also I find more efficiency is really unnecessary when running Zenurik and Energize. With Energize I can stay in PM for awhile, even with the cool down from energize and only 100% efficiency. 

Viral? Not sure about that, depends on the mission,

True. A few of my PM loadouts: 

P Expel Grineer, Viral and CP is vary effective against most Grineer. 

P Expel Corpus and Toxin is vary effective against the majority of corpus enemies. I’ll run corrosive on my redeemer just in case. 

P Expel Infested and Gas is vary effective again most infested. My Akvastos (with riven) generally one hit the trash mobs In SP close to level 200 (I think.) 

That said as long as her shooting gallery is up giving me a 50% boost in PM damage I haven’t really had any issues in SP through the Derlict, Earth and Lua. 
* (the only exception so far was that Derlict Emessary Assination, had to whip out 320% Power Strength Tank Rhino and hirudo to whip him, Mesa just wasn’t dealing enough damage and he had this ability that he would use to one shot me even though shield gate and I had full health and SS up. Was really annoying.) 

47 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Thanks for sharing the builds. Wait you do not use primaries with Mesa? 

Anytime. 95% of the time I do not use any Primary at all. Never really liked primary weapons, that and AkVasto and Redeemer is all I’ve ever needed. For Steel Path though an extra weapon is sometimes nice to have, So I drag around my Riven modded Sybaris Prime just in case.   😁

On 2020-07-30 at 4:41 PM, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

I was thinking Steel Path was your kind of nitche?

It's Half something many of us wanted which was to simply start missions at a higher level.

Unfortunately given the global changes to scaling and some status effects the increase in level and modifiers mean little compared to previous scaling. Enemies still fall far short of majority frame and weapon performance. I also rarely used consumables in my runs so it's a pretty easy comparison.

The core issue of scaling has always been enemy damage and they didn't touch it. If you noted any of my builds before I always used Defensive Arcanes and leaned on Defense because killing enemies was never really the issue. Surviving them was the tricky part and if anything the Damage to eHP ratio is even more lopsided now than it was before making Enemy damage the sole thing that kicks you out of a mission where before there was a bit of a balancing act with your build and weapon setups.

I can only imagine how comical the situation is for stealth frames given the only reason they had for leaving was their kill rate faltering.

The game just keeps getting easier and DE tries to fool players into thinking they're "graduating" to more difficult content.

This is by far one of the best Mesas in the Forum. Hands down. 

Mesa is a frame that deserves more love. The frame is a perfect M'Cree and a delicate one. The regulators and the ability to move requires more work but the frame is balanced for what it does and the play style it provides. 

Mesa deserves a targeting system where all targets are marked like the one used for Zenyatta. Mesa should have a set of new tricks like Titania's fairy drones options. Most importantly the frame's regulators should scale up like other War Frame abilities similar to EV trinity. 

DE made a great frame out of Mesa. 

Archived