Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

On 2020-08-12 at 7:27 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Why do these Infused Warframe Abilities have these rules?
It was apparent in player feedback and play testing that these Infused Warframe Abilities had the potential to be the overwhelming choice; which is not ideal. Instead of changing the Ability outright due to those concerns, we decided to give them slight rules when Infused.

Effect of your nerfs: 

People Infusing Roar: From 100% to 80%

People Infusion Decoy: From 0% to 0%

People not bothering with the new system because it's not worth it/they are pissed off: From 0% to 20%

Nerfing things won't solve the issue that you offer no competition, and refuse to rework things that need a rework. This way of saying: we ain't gonna rework it so rework it yourself is a slap to the face.

I would rather have a 80% effective Roar than a Decoy or a Well of Life or an Air Burst. Maybe I wouldn't, if Decoy was an actual ability, capable of surviving a single bullet from a lvl 30 enemy, attacking and being of any use. THE DECOY AUGMENT EVEN HURTS THE REAL LOKI. I don't know how that augment passed the beta. Sure, why not getting 50% of the damage the Decoy which is supposed to lure aggro receives on a frame with basically no health or shields. Brilliant. Or an any frame, really. Or if Air Burst was a real ability, from a real rework, not that fake tweaks Zephyr got pretending to be a rework. I understand Pablo gotta sleep too, but hire someone at his level. If there is anyone at Pablo's level, that is.

I'm disappointed, but that's my bad. I should have known better than to walk into a DE update while hyped because of false promises. New War, Duviri Paradox, Pets.

Nice. I was on the edge of coming back to Warframe. You really got me fooled for a minute there DE. I ALMOST thought Warframe could be fun. But hey you saved me the money I would've invested in your game sooner or later by rendering the one interesting system that was coming with Heart of Deimos completely useless. Now I can spend that money on games that are actually fun. Thanks DE. Looking forward to you getting bought out by Tencent. Tencent at least knows how to milk people for their money with a smile. Not with abuse like what you're doing to your community right now.

d5159f9d66983231238333fcb06a79de.jpg

Just now, CopperBezel said:

If you don't want to call that an oversight, fine. Describe that 10% of the "Scarlet Spear situation" however the hell you like. The other 90% is what matters. They removed a minor aspect of a strong ability, the rage machine exploded, and not only did they put it back, but everyone got buffs except a random nerf to Vazarin. Is that what you're going for now?

People use it as intended and heal the objective and DE call it an exploit and remove it. They only put it back because of the backlash.

Ensnare has less range without the synergy because it propagates at additional range from affected enemies when struck by Whipclaw. 

It doesn't have less range,it refresh when hit by whipclaw and have a cap on how many can be trap. So it should be change.

. The six abilities that are being limited do not depend on other abilities in the originating frames. They did not get any bonuses from ability synergies. They have, however, been reduced in effectiveness when used on other frames. There is no conceptual difference between these two situations. In either case, the ability is stronger on the originating frame than the Helminth version is. 

So If they are weaker when put on a different frame than why not buff these weaker abilities. reducing the effectiveness of Larva doesn't make people want to use Ensnare.

hace 13 minutos, Pzykdruhgs dijo:

Ok except they'd be wrong, it's pay2accelerate at worst.. pay2win is if there is no way to get the in-game currency by trades, or the currenc(y/ies) that unlock the endgame content. In warframe's case it's all grindable.

yeah, you and i know that.

To a new player that just got to mr8 and saw a requirement of 500.000 nano spores and he only has 20 we both know it would seem as a paywall.

6 minutes ago, fastgamer2 said:

you didnt get the point, its about optics, why give players acess to something ridiously expensive if they dont have the resourches to use it anyway. just gonna be a dispointment, turn them off the game at worst

Meh, this I understand, so sure the optics make it seem like a cash grab (it likely is... just putting that out there). But the person I responded to is saying that people may leave and bash the game for a falsehood of being something it's not (pay2win) which leaves a bad mark for those who do like the game and welcome new players. Think if that was a review "DO NOT PLAY. PAY2WIN" or something along these lines, meanwhile it has no evidence of being such - someone may read that and immediately dismiss the entire game also.

Reading both the original workshop and again with the August 19 update. I'm NOT surprised regarding the MR Reduction to Segment Access - I don't agree it.I'd rather it be reduced to MR 12, if the change IS really required.

As for the nerf, I'd rather look at the other abilities in the pool itself.

Instead, examine the offering of abilties altogether. I'd rather see more sustain (Harrow Penance) or movement (Loki Switch Teleport) abilities. But again the name of the game is DOWN ALL b4 I'm DOWN for the most part, and when Damage Buffs or Damage mitigation are offered they'll be the preferred ability to plug in.

24 minutes ago, LixSin said:

Yes, this was such a bad decision on DE's part that a lot of people who never cared about the forum before are now for the first time posting here to voice their objection to these asinine changes.

MR25 checking in, first time posting was in this thread because wtf lol.

12 minutes ago, Evhel said:

Effect of your nerfs: 

People Infusing Roar: From 100% to 80%

People Infusion Decoy: From 0% to 0%

People not bothering with the new system because it's not worth it/they are pissed off: From 0% to 20%

Nerfing things won't solve the issue that you offer no competition, and refuse to rework things that need a rework. This way of saying: we ain't gonna rework it so rework it yourself is a slap to the face.

I would rather have a 80% effective Roar than a Decoy or a Well of Life or an Air Burst. Maybe I wouldn't, if Decoy was an actual ability, capable of surviving a single bullet from a lvl 30 enemy, attacking and being of any use. THE DECOY AUGMENT EVEN HURTS THE REAL LOKI. I don't know how that augment passed the beta. Sure, why not getting 50% of the damage the Decoy which is supposed to lure aggro receives on a frame with basically no health or shields. Brilliant. Or an any frame, really. Or if Air Burst was a real ability, from a real rework, not that fake tweaks Zephyr got pretending to be a rework. I understand Pablo gotta sleep too, but hire someone at his level. If there is anyone at Pablo's level, that is.

I'm disappointed, but that's my bad. I should have known better than to walk into a DE update while hyped because of false promises. New War, Duviri Paradox, Pets.

So what you are saying is that you don't realize that Decoy with Augment is a great way to get additional Vex Armor on Chroma.

Frankly, this thread is full of forum warriors who are just whining that their plan of putting roar on every. single. frame. was obviously out of balance, and got caught by DE before the release.  The only issue with this change is that you all acted like what they let out was carved in stone, and not just in dry erase on a whiteboard.

Well thank you DE my fears are coming to pass already, this is not for experienced players its now new player available, which means you will be reducing the helminth feed rates because new players will be complaining that THEY DONT HAVE The resources. You are making a nonsense of mastery rank and players time, noth everything should be available straight away. MR8 is available and obtainable within 8 to 14 days playing around 100hrs or less. 

Meg's update: Page 81.

Thread post date: August 12th (7 days to reach Page 81).

Current page: 152.

Update post date: Less than 22 hours ago (71 pages of complaints and rejection in just 22 hours).

If that doesn't tell DE just how badly they pissed everyone off and the goodwill that they squandered, nothing will.

My friend is Mr10, when I told him the system was accessible from Mr15, he said well time to grind. Guess what's going to happen now, he's going to experience 7+ years of content on an Mr10 account and leave because let's face it, after HoD the next content drop won't be for another two years. What are we doing here DE? wtf are you doing? Candy crush has more of an end game compared to warframe at this point..

1 hour ago, LixSin said:

Yes, this was such a bad decision on DE's part that a lot of people who never cared about the forum before are now for the first time posting here to voice their objection to these changes.

Yep, I've never gotten into these but this time I have cause someone has done goofed. As a system that will alter the core game the sudden changes before release are far from ideal. 

Le 12/08/2020 à 23:27, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

We consider this a customization system for very experienced Warframe players (Mastery Rank 15 8 Prerequisite). We do not intend to let newer players unlock this system. We intentionally placed the Segment deep into progression to ensure only experienced players could access the Segment and begin their journey with Helminth.

MR 8 are not experienced players.

MR 8 is not deep into progression.

This change has made it into a new player system.

If you think MR 8 is "deep into progression", well, then its no surprise that people get a terrible first impression of warframe, and has to rely on the wiki to know anything.

On 2020-08-12 at 8:27 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

AUGUST 19TH UPDATE:

Greetings, Tenno!

The launch of Heart of Deimos grows near, and we have some Helminth updates since we last posted! Below are 2 parts of updated/clarifying information that touches both Infused Warframe Abilities and the Helminth Segment acquisition.  

PART 1 - Changes to select Infused Warframe Abilities

Please keep in mind we’re still testing/playing around with the values for each, hence why the values are not present below:

The following only apply to Infused Warframe Abilities:

Rhino - Roar
Diminished Damage increase

Mirage - Eclipse
Diminished Damage increase and cap Damage Reduction 

Valkyr - Warcry
Attack speed increase reduced

Protea - Dispenser
Duration reduced

Nidus - Larva
Radius reduced

Wukong - Defy
Armor capped

Why do these Infused Warframe Abilities have these rules?
It was apparent in player feedback and play testing that these Infused Warframe Abilities had the potential to be the overwhelming choice; which is not ideal. Instead of changing the Ability outright due to those concerns, we decided to give them slight rules when Infused.

DE. I beg you, just unDO it and never ever do it again. This is the worst change you have made in the upcoming system...  If you think this is an overwhelming choice - buff other abilities in your list, because they are crappy and no matter how much you nerf the good ones, no one's gonna use the bad ones more. You'll just cripple the good ones and leave everyone dissapointed. I am dissapointed by this decision, very much.. either take those abilities away completely or leave them as they are.

For example, If i had a choice between Rhino's nerfed Roar or a normal Charge - I'd go for Charge - at least this is a handy ability to move faster though straight corridoors. But I don't want to have any ability nerfed for infusion.

S7Pzw95.gif

il y a 6 minutes, Klaeljanu a dit :

So what you are saying is that you don't realize that Decoy with Augment is a great way to get additional Vex Armor on Chroma

Not really, smite or shock would still be far better I think.

They should have gone with the worst ability of each warframe.

3 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Update post date: Less than 22 hours ago (71 pages of complaints and rejection in just 22 hours).

If that doesn't tell DE just how badly they pissed everyone off and the goodwill that they squandered, nothing will.

I was insanely excited for this system. "Ok time to finally farm up those rare frames I've been putting off forever"

Oh wait, nevermind! Back to not playing at all lolol.

On 2020-08-12 at 2:27 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

PART 1 - Changes to select Infused Warframe Abilities

Please keep in mind we’re still testing/playing around with the values for each, hence why the values are not present below:

The following only apply to Infused Warframe Abilities:

Rhino - Roar
Diminished Damage increase

Mirage - Eclipse
Diminished Damage increase and cap Damage Reduction 

Valkyr - Warcry
Attack speed increase reduced

Protea - Dispenser
Duration reduced

Nidus - Larva
Radius reduced

Wukong - Defy
Armor capped

I don't have the numbers yet but you guys just killed my hype I do not understand the point, the other abilities does not interesting me anyway. It's sad back to think "I will just use the warframes like they are" :awkward:

hace 4 minutos, Klaeljanu dijo:

So what you are saying is that you don't realize that Decoy with Augment is a great way to get additional Vex Armor on Chroma

Or you just stand still for like 10 seconds, and you dont have to waste an ability and mod stock.

3 minutes ago, Klaeljanu said:

I was looking for some utility to this ability with clan fellas and we have found nothing...until you finally showed us one ... Thank you ....

About the nerfing of certain subsumed abilities... I understand that Roar would be considered to be an overused ability, making some frames particularly strong. But you're forgetting that most builds already require certain nodding to make them as good as they are right now. An example, so frames that require lots of duration mods, now somehow have to figure out how to fit power strength in there too. Besides, when I heard this was for experienced players, I thought it would have been getting rewarded for being an actual experienced player, and giving those players the ability to "break" the game, when it can and is considered broken already. I thought you were embracing it. But no, don't incentivise lower MR players into engaging with ALL of the systems involved, punish experienced players by giving them limp wristed abilities. So, people who have no idea how the game even works, will think they're just as experienced and powerful as experienced players, and experienced players will have a lackluster experience. You just ruined the whole thing. No incentive for anyone. 

And as I said earlier, where are the people who were complaining the MR requirement now? Why aren't they now defending where it is now? Oh, that's right! They got what they wanted. Job done. But level headed people, have to continue to the fight for reason. MR15 wasn't unresonable. Less than a third of the game, makes someone a veteran? Or those niche MR8 players who self congratulate themselves for being "as good as" a higher MR? Do you see their inferiority superiority complex on display there, or what?

You should have left it MR15, left abilities as they were, and made people prove they want to use this (possibly overpowered) system. Period.

8 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

WORD (I want a dislike button and polls on this forum, DE, please, thank you)

2 minutes ago, danberhe said:

Or you just stand still for like 10 seconds, and you dont have to waste an ability and mod stock.

I would love to see you stand completely still for 10 seconds during profit taker. Could it be done? Probably. Do I want to play like this? Lol.

7 minutes ago, Klaeljanu said:

So what you are saying is that you don't realize that Decoy with Augment is a great way to get additional Vex Armor on Chroma.

Frankly, this thread is full of forum warriors who are just whining that their plan of putting roar on every. single. frame. was obviously out of balance, and got caught by DE before the release.  The only issue with this change is that you all acted like what they let out was carved in stone, and not just in dry erase on a whiteboard.

Your point makes no sense. I assume you didn't even read my post.

It doesn't have sense for that augment to exist, as it hurts the frame it is created for. Are you saying DE should start creating augments that work on other frames to justify helminth system? That ability and augment is garbage, and it's plain stupid that a thing that needs a rework is listed in the infusion list. THAT is another reason they should buff, rework and fix other abilities, and the reason none is picking it instead of Roar.

Please, read before commenting.

Archived