Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solving the Scintillant drama once and for all GUIDE

Cerikus

6 hours ago, Chaincat said:

The vague hints weren't even about scintilant. he was being blatantly off-topic about a pretty neat secret that has nothing to do with scintilant. Also, could someone highlight the scintilant in the screenshot? I don't see it anywhere.

It’s the floating ball.

The OP made it seem more common spawn than it actually is, which is why he is having trouble providing screenshots.

They are still incredibly rare even in vault area/tiles

They seem to have a chance to spawn about as frequently as Ayatan statues

il y a 26 minutes, papry a dit :

Figuring stuff is good to a certain extent.

Then there is stuff so convoluted to find that at one point you just frustrate the player.

Scintillant are in that spot.

Many people figured it out already before the change yes ?

Looking around and trying to interact with everything in the newly released content doesn't sound too crazy to me.

But yeah, nowadays, if there's not a big shiny blinking and screaming marker over everything, people are lost.

il y a 1 minute, DeccanTraps a dit :

Alternately, every dev needs to have a tattoo that reads "It is not on the players to figure out what you don't bother to explain/poor communication is not gameplay'.

Tell that to the dark souls franchise

il y a 1 minute, 110Maxim a dit :

Dark souls has linear progression.

That has nothing to do with the point at hand.

Talking about how information is communicated to the player, are you just saying stuff at random hoping to hit the mark ?

il y a 28 minutes, Fallen77 a dit :

That has nothing to do with the point at hand.

Talking about how information is communicated to the player, are you just saying stuff at random hoping to hit the mark ?

Wait just to be clear : you are comparing how  lore is explained in darskoul with how a farmable ressource is presented in warframe ?

17 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We are going to make this wayyy more transparent in game, because as it appears now, players have no way of knowing this (unless they just explore, but we need to direct)! 
Soon, the Description of the item will be Updated to state something like: 'These scarce, hovering relics of the Orokin era can still be found monitoring the isolation vaults deep beneath the surface of Deimos.'. We will go over this on Prime Time from Home, aka, Home Time, tomorrow too! 

Fix the fass residue too

il y a 32 minutes, papry a dit :

Wait just to be clear : you are comparing how  lore is explained in darskoul with how a farmable ressource is presented in warframe ?

Game mechanics, where to go, what door X key opens, which ennemy drops X item, roll having Iframes, how parrying works, none of that is explained or barely, left to the player to use his brain and experiment.

I'm not dumb enough to compare lore to game mechanics.

17 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We are going to make this wayyy more transparent in game, because as it appears now, players have no way of knowing this (unless they just explore, but we need to direct)! 
Soon, the Description of the item will be Updated to state something like: 'These scarce, hovering relics of the Orokin era can still be found monitoring the isolation vaults deep beneath the surface of Deimos.'. We will go over this on Prime Time from Home, aka, Home Time, tomorrow too

First time. T2 bounty Oh common drop? Its easy....

After hundreds of run... 

Fckkkk...

Search the wiki.... Oh you have to do the t1. Okay lets do this... 

After hundreds of run.... 

Fckkk$1_#&#-+$+kk...... 

Search the forums.... Oh so i supposed t3 in necra fight t3??? Alright.... 

After 5x t3 without drop. In a single fas / vome time. 

Damn i got trolled. 

What next? T5 in steelpath with blindfold? Or t3 endless without monitor? 

4 minutes ago, superiouz said:

2 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

General note re: Scintillant! We discussed it yesterday, and realized the Scintillant description was too vague in terms of other methods to acquire it and updated its description in a Hotfix. Overnight, we ran stats and the amount collected was too low, which is widely accepted from the community to be the case. While we all start with baseline ‘0’ for new Updates, this Resource is an outlier in how slowly it’s being accrued, which is to say current pacing not our intention. They should feel like a revised Cetus Wisp, but when we compared the two overnight, and considering more people are playing Heart of Deimos and how many Scintillant are needed, they were lower to a degree that doesn’t make sense with their hookup. We are getting a fix and (along with general Son Token rebalance) in for this today.

They can drop in the vault, that has some containers in it, in the isolation vault. You have to reactivate a crystal or something to be able to get into a vault. The containers can drop it. I did an isolation vault and got 3 spines from the room that has the containers in it. Sorry I was wrong about the scintillant. I don't know about the scintillant.

i've ran 2 12 hour days of missions including the vaults not 1 has spawned in have yet to see this resource that is a required resource for enough stuff to matter i'm giving DE 24 more hours to fix this garbage b4 i just stop playing until such a time that they do fix this. and for the loe of god get the #*!%ing endo outa the common loot pool we have plenty of ways to get that garbage.

21 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Soon, the Description of the item will be Updated to state something like: 'These scarce, hovering relics of the Orokin era can still be found monitoring the isolation vaults deep beneath the surface of Deimos.'. We will go over this on Prime Time from Home, aka, Home Time, tomorrow too! 

But how are you going to encourage exploration if the things are only their rarely, I've dredged each vault map at least 5 times from top to bottom and seen 0 Scintillant anywhere.  Either I'm very unlucky or something is wrong. Surely people will simply check a few times, see none and never look again?

3 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

But how are you going to encourage exploration if the things are only their rarely, I've dredged each vault map at least 5 times from top to bottom and seen 0 Scintillant anywhere.  Either I'm very unlucky or something is wrong. Surely people will simply check a few times, see none and never look again?

The way I see it, there's 2 possibilities.

1: It spawns as frequently as Ayatan sculptures so everyone who's found them consistently up until now have just been violently lucky.
2: They spawn always but they disappear if they "see" you like Cetus Wisps, and since you enter the vault fighting the mechs and loads of infested, it's very easy for it to see you and leave without you noticing.

OP's "hide and seek" screen caps highlight a major problem with scintillants that hasn't been brought up here - scintillants are very hard to see. They keep to high locations, move quickly, are easy to lose track of once they move out of sight, blend in with the environment, and do not show up on loot radar. No, of course people aren't finding them or know that the scintillant can be found in the vault - people:

1. Don't know what they look like

2. Don't now they can be found and farmed there

3. The scintillant moves constantly and keeps to out-of-reach or out-of-sight locations

4. Does not stand out from the environment

5. Does not register on loot radar

6. Has a bizarre bug with not allowing the player to actually collect it when found (in all instances that I've found one, I could not pick it up no matter what I did to it)

7. We don't even know if spawns are guaranteed.

Everything about this pickup / material / critter works against the average player finding, recognising, and actually grabbing it. People complaining isn't "wanting DE to do the work for them", it's bad game design, through and through.

2 minutes ago, Chaincat said:

1: It spawns as frequently as Ayatan sculptures so everyone who's found them consistently up until now have just been violently lucky.
2: They spawn always but they disappear if they "see" you like Cetus Wisps, and since you enter the vault fighting the mechs and loads of infested, it's very easy for it to see you and leave without you noticing.

I've been running Octavia, I have plenty of oppertunity to look around in the fight area while the fight is happening, and I've seen nothing, I think the spawn is broken with/without some invisible prerequisite.

3 minutes ago, Chaincat said:

They do move, but they don't disappear like Wisps do. They move in a set pattern. They move quite quickly and since they don't stand out from anything around them (lights or anything that might visually draw attention to them) they are very hard to track down a second time. When I was looking for them, I had one spawn inside the main vault room, and despite knowing it was there and knowing it could move, I would constantly loose sight of it. It's very difficult to keep a pin on if there is anything else going on in the immediate area that also demands your attention (like Infested).

Convoluted and terribly explained, even if you know what to look for they are exceptionally rare and can be unlootable due to a bug. What a terrible resource this is to have to get, that seems to be the theme of Deimos: "Look at all these resources that are just terrible to get. Son tokens, Spinal Cores, Thaumica, Scintillants, Avichaea, and whatever is next."

Archived