Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solving the Scintillant drama once and for all GUIDE

Cerikus

I’ve so far done at least 30-40 of the common missions for Scintillants, maybe 50 vault runs and haven’t had a single one drop. After literally hours of farming everything in Deimos not one Scintillant. Damaged Necromech parts are also nearly non existent. Most common drops are relics and endo. I think Steel Essence has a better drop rate than these new resources. 

I found one earlier that was just sitting in a high place and just walking into it game me the drop.  Now after a few more empty vaults I found another but no matter what I do this one won't give me a drop.  Also this one looks different from the one in seen earlier in the post.  Wonder if there are different types with different unlock conditions..

edit, not sure what changed but after 5 minutes of using everything weapon and operator skill I have it finally dropped for me.  frustrating

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We are going to make this wayyy more transparent in game, because as it appears now, players have no way of knowing this (unless they just explore, but we need to direct)! 
Soon, the Description of the item will be Updated to state something like: 'These scarce, hovering relics of the Orokin era can still be found monitoring the isolation vaults deep beneath the surface of Deimos.'. We will go over this on Prime Time from Home, aka, Home Time, tomorrow too! 

Could I suggest one very important thing that NEEDS to be said loudly and clearly.

We currently need 12 Scintillants. ONLY 12.

Yes the droprates are extremely low and yes it's very rare to find them in the ruins, but people need to realize that since we need 12, the droprates are absolutely fine.

People don't realize this, because (and I don't mean this in a bad way) they just don't usually pay attention and feel like it's the end of the world.

il y a 2 minutes, Cerikus a dit :

Could I suggest one very important thing that NEEDS to be said loudly and clearly.

Yes the droprates are extremely low and yes it's very rare to find them in the ruins, but people need to realize that since we need 12, the droprates are absolutely fine.

People don't realize this, because (and I don't mean this in a bad way) they just don't usually pay attention and feel like it's the end of the world.

Now, add the ones for "father", and its way more than 12, even tho', i don't give a **** about droprates..

Just now, 1st-1 said:

Now, add the ones for "father", and its way more than 12, even tho', i don't give a **** about droprates..

You can comfortably get enough father's tokens without Scintillants. Once you get the 12, you can start dumping them at father for more tokens, but at that point you won't probably need them,.

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We are going to make this wayyy more transparent in game, because as it appears now, players have no way of knowing this (unless they just explore, but we need to direct)! 
Soon, the Description of the item will be Updated to state something like: 'These scarce, hovering relics of the Orokin era can still be found monitoring the isolation vaults deep beneath the surface of Deimos.'. We will go over this on Prime Time from Home, aka, Home Time, tomorrow too! 

Rebecca, is it possible to have the Codex have these descriptions as a point of reference? A tab for resources of all kinds with their locations and in-game descriptions where we can check / see them whenever would be very useful. Right now the most obvious way to see these descriptions is to get at least one, go back to the orbiter, and then check our materials list in the foundry or inventory. The foundry itself doesn't give the reading room to see these descriptions, they're cut off if they're more than a short sentence in length. I haven't personally checked to see if materials descriptions are seen on hover in menus (such as the token menus), but it'd make sense to have these available in the Codex as an immediate, always-available point of reference that we could sort by name or place of origin.

3 hours ago, Constalation said:

20200827083655_1.jpg

How the hell do you capture these things? AMP doesn't work, void dash doesn't work, melee doesn't work, shooting it doesn't work, abilities don't work.  I'm calling bullS#&$ on these things because I physically cannot make them turn into a pickup.

Thank you for actually being useful and providing an ss of what they look like and not vague hints.

Been trying to catch any of those since 9am. It's now 00:23 here. I'm exhausted and this drop is non existent. Bounties, vaults. I tried everything i could, checked every milimeter of that dumb map. Don't come up with "it's just like that" "oh for certain it is there" 
It's not. It's chances are closer to 0 than my patience right now. 

The truth did not work for me, I did that mission about 30 times and not a single one appeared, and the map with the portal of the circle only the first time I did it, then always the one with the mirror of the void.
The truth is that it tires a bit that it has a drop so low that it is almost nil.

4 hours ago, Hokibukisa said:

Thank you for actually being useful and providing an ss of what they look like and not vague hints.

The vague hints weren't even about scintilant. he was being blatantly off-topic about a pretty neat secret that has nothing to do with scintilant. Also, could someone highlight the scintilant in the screenshot? I don't see it anywhere.

5 hours ago, Cerikus said:

you need 17 if you are crafting a xaku for subsuming and another for keeping

Scintillant drop rates are in a desperate need of changes. People here are all in the same boat of playing the game like a full time job and not getting a single drop. I say that exposes a problem. Its not "just like that", its not a "just deal with it" situation. I would suggest decreasing the saturation of rewards in the bounties that contain scintillant, increasing the gains of them, or moving them to the top tier bounty as a common. What is happening is that the odds of drops are incredibly stacked against the player simply because they tried to cram too many things into the tables of the bounties. For example, why are the lenses in these drop tables? They are already in other bounties, IMO they should've stayed exclusive to the Plains, not carried over to every open world to date. I have probably played about 4-6 hours of these bounties and I only got 2, comparatively I got extremely lucky from what I am reading. Apparently so is op, because he found some in his vault(which sidenote I also tried for a bit but gave up quick because each run took 15-20 mins per). 10 hours later as far as I know he hasn't been able to produce a screenshot. Not to mention the problems the players are having in acquiring the scintillant in the vault if they get lucky and find it too. This issue, should not stay. Currently the scintillant drops are not okay, they are unbearable. Especially when there are certain requirements to be met with them.

6 hours ago, Cerikus said:

We only need 12 for now. If DE decides to use them as a resource for items in the future it would be nice to have some banked so we don't have to grind for hours with no drops. 

I see Scintillant like I see Cetus Wisps. They are both a resource that are on the loot table for bounties and a random item that spawns in the open world. Scintillant isn't marked on the map like Cetus wisps though. If you need Cetus wisps you can fly around bodies of water in the plains and catch some. It's slow going and boring but it's not that bad. You can get the few you need to craft within a reasonable time frame. There should be a similar farming method for scintillant.

I just need 5 to craft Xaku I don't care about Necramech so I don't need 12. I've farmed 2 copies of Xaku blueprints in less time than I have spent farming low level bounties for scintillant. I have zero scintillant. About 4-5 hours of boring 1-5 and 15-25 bounties today and almost 3 hours yesterday. That's almost a full work day over the course of 2 days with zero drops. I still need 5. 

If I had gotten just one drop in that amount of time it would be like putting in a full work week for 5x of a single resource to craft a frame. 

How are the drop rates fine?

Edit: Was just checking some other new resources from the HoD update. About 250 Ganglion are needed to craft everything and I already have about 6.5k. More than 25x what I will ever need. Similar situation with pustulite only need about 180 and I already have 2.6k. 

It does not matter how many are needed to craft all items, there should be a reliable way to farm all resources. 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Haven't found one in vaults so went back to t1 bounties and got the last 4 i needed in 6 bounties..........did they stealth buff the drop rate or was i praised by rngesus?

There hasn't been a hot fix, so I would not think so. Seems you have horseshoes up your butt friend. Mind passing me some?😅

same for me with the scintillants. I don't even know how many vault missions and bounties I made since the update dropped, but believe me it was a lot. I am almost at rank 3 with both of the new syndicates, have nearly 1000 mother tokens to spare, farmed an abundance of a lot of ressources, necramech parts, everything but I havent had a single Scintillant. not a single one. in actually  over 15h of deimos playing in total. if there was a guaranteed one in the isolation bounty I would get it but as already mentioned it takes around 20 minutes, adding the maybe 5-10 minutes just searching for it everytime without success everytime. then doing 10-20 T2 bounties which also take a lot of time and the other drops aren't that great either, still without success. honestly it doesn't feel like it's working as intended right now, because if that would be the case then I guess xaku is something you should be able to get in a month or so - even if I literally do what promises 'common' drops of it for hours and it doesn't give me a single one, then the same for the rare drop - not a single one, then the same for vault runs which take even LONGER and yet not a single one. this kinda leads to burning out if that makes sense, because it doesn't seem like I can focus on farming for xaku if one ressource is something I would maybe collect in a month randomly with luck even though I only aim for the 5 ones needed for xaku systems. it feels unfair and I hope this is some kind of bug to be honest

Archived