Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does DE not let us use stat sticks with some exalted abilities without having to switch over and ovwr again?

(XBOX)CaptainSeth5423

25 minutes ago, Synpai said:

Stat sticks are just a problem they've not gotten to yet. Pseudo-exalted weapons either need to scale purely alone or become full exalted. No ability should need a stat stick to be maximized (period).

I generally agree, but then I also don't want DE to break my Dragon_Nakana stick. 

Especially since I just upgraded it with the Proton mod.

Eventually they will probably remove most conditional interactions, BloodRushed ect, as those are the things making the exalted abilities ridiculous.

@(XB1)CaptainSeth5423

What exactly do you mean by switch over and over?

I'm only really aware of the changes they made when they changed to melee 3.0 and when they changed the Xoris.

I think al the exalted abilities are standardised with the mods that work on them now.

1 minute ago, TheArcSet said:

I generally agree, but then I also don't want DE to break my Dragon_Nakana stick. 

Especially since I just upgraded it with the Proton mod.

Personally it feels like Maiming Strike, where most know it's too good to be true, but DE just haven't confirmed it yet. Always be wise of your investment :D

valk claws do a lot of damage on the slide attack. like really a lot, there are multiple spins and there's a special multiplier, they just need some forma to fit sacrificial steel. gimmicky in real usage but hardly deserving of a serious buff. 

the only real stinker is wukong's staff... and diwata (titania exalted melee), but it's there just for cosmetic reasons anyway

They could either just buff Exalted Weapons properly or let them use Acolyte mods. Exalted Weapons are currently just lackluster melees for the most part in one way or another. They should be significantly stronger than top end melees because they are abilities that need to be built for.

Stat sticks are just S#&$ty band-aids. Its already annoying that you need to effectively sacrifice your melee weapon for stuff like Whipclaw, Landslide and Gara if you want to properly utilize these abilities. As somebody who likes those frames and primarily plays melee that is really frustrating.

Honestly all exalted weapons deserve to be upgraded to rank 40 like kuva weapons...

Also both of Titania's weapons are a payn to mod due to needing a ton of forma each... and prime version got no improvements. Dex Pixia is based off the dual decurions, archwing worst weapon Just to say. The moment you face anything above starchart damage falls of greatly because they haven't enough base critical chance nor status chance.

3 hours ago, Traubenzuckr said:

valk claws do a lot of damage on the slide attack. like really a lot, there are multiple spins and there's a special multiplier, they just need some forma to fit sacrificial steel. gimmicky in real usage but hardly deserving of a serious buff. 

the only real stinker is wukong's staff... and diwata (titania exalted melee), but it's there just for cosmetic reasons anyway

No blood rush.

No weeping wounds. 

Canceled by nullifiers.

No effect on arbitration drones.

Need energy to use it. 

No combo damage multiplier and no base damage multiplier to make up for it like every other melee weapon got.

Need to be using a spefific frame to use it. 

No weapon in the "melee" category has these limitations yet several of them are better. "BuT mUh SliDe AtTaCkS". 

Nobody uses slide attacks anymore especially on console where macros dont exist. 

There are melee weapons that have none of those limitations but can hit guaranteed red crit while having very high, possibly over 100% status.

Talons need a buff. 

But at least theyre better than iron staff which is currently garbage.

The only thing saving exalted blade from irrelevance is the energy wave range/punch through.

Some of us asked for many years to finally have them separate to each other and I sure as hell don't want to [DE]volve to the age of stat sticks again.

Exalted weapons (but not those which aren't standalone weapons) are not benefited by acolytes mods and various exclusive mods since a long time ago before they are mod-able. 

17 hours ago, Traubenzuckr said:

which exalted weapons are bad in your opinion?

All of them (Melee).

- As of the Old Blood melee update, they can't compete with most regular melee weapons due to lack of Blood Rush/Weeping Wounds. Going Exalted often means cutting your damage even if you go for 300% power strength. 

- They require energy because they are treated as abilities. Why use energy to deal significantly less damage than your free standard melee? 

- They have a lower mod capacity pool because their stances don't increase the mod counter like in other melee weapon. This means that even fitting the exact same build mod per mod would require additional Forma or may not even be possible at all.

- You have Exalted melee weapons with no perks at all such as Wukong's Iron Staff. At least you have energy waves with Excalibur and Baruuk, and Valkyr's invincibility. 

- They all require augments in order to best standard melee weapons. While this is their equivalent of BR/WW, I'm on the camp of if an ability requires an augment to be generally useful outside niche setups then it's a bad ability at its core. No exceptions. Shock is a terrible ability for this reason as it is near-useless and without real usage or purpose without Shock Trooper. Same goes for Exalted Blade without Chromatic Blade and Serene Storm without Reactive Storm. 

- I do mean all. Hysteria is not a good ability on it's own without Enraged. Being immortal means nothing when the tradeoff is that you're cutting down your own damage due to the inability to deal with armor and the low status chance, which means you can't make the best of Condition Overload. You can use another primary/secondary to proc status and then make Hysteria use the CO boost, but this is true for all other melee weapons as well, which means they still outdamage base Hysteria at the end even with 300% power strength because they deal their own status and the status stick can be of an element not added by the melee weapon. Enraged changes this the same way CB and RS "fix" EB and SS respectively.

- I am aware of Hysteria's slide attack. You do you if you choose to do the exact same attack motion over and over and over again in order for Hysteria to be functional. A single good attack doesn't change the rest.

Archived