Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some puzzling behaviors

VanFanel1980mx

This is nothing quite recent but a bit annoying when I notice it, sometimes one has to wonder what's the problem with certain players, but let's cut to the chase, are there that many players that focused in the scoreboards with statistics like damage done, kills, etc? I swear going to Survival missions, be it fissures, small farming, sortie or whatever, players stray far away from one another and then wonder why there aren't many enemies, for that matter these players seem to behave in such a way that apparently killing some enemies around them makes them get away faster, are there players in this non PvP game really upset about "KS" or something?

This can also extend to other indirect ways of stealing their glory apparently, I have had players on Arbitration completely avoiding me as Octavia, avoiding my ability range most of the time, is not like I want them to get the buffs by force either, then lately I have seen players leave ESO after zone 2 or even before zone 2 when someone nukes a few times, interestingly enough 90% of the time it is the host who leaves.

What gives? outside of some emergencies I just wonder why people would go to public games like that only to leave that soon when things apparently go a certain way.

You can put them on ignore if they are that annoying.

It doesn't do anything, but you know the next time what to expect from them, so they can't waste your time again if you remember you put them on ignore and check it to confirm it.

It's a good enough solution, for now.

Personally, i would like some small tweaks in the matchmaking, so that players doing mainly long runs in endless would be matched with players doing the same.

Blacklist function rendering blacklisted players unable to be matched with you if you decide to put them on the list for doing something similarly idiotic to your examples.

It would be a nice QoL feature and it would let the noobs play with noobs, serious players with serious players, so it would be a win-win for the most part.

What makes you think that every time you see such behaviours it must be related to the scoreboard?

I mean, let's take survival. Enemies spawn in adjacent tiles and then trickle in. Just chasing the trail of enemies will lead you to an adjacent tile. Enemies will then spawn on tiles adjacent to that new tile, trickle in and the pattern repeats. Suddenly you're two tiles away fighting by yourself :-P. It takes discipline to stick together, acting on impulse will split the group. Guess which one is easier? So we have a perfectly natural explanation for such behaviours that doesn't involve kill count.

That you've immediately leapt to "teh score" as your explanation tells us something about *your* motive and what weighs on *your* mind, not that of the people you're talking about (who could be behaving as they do for all kinds of reasons).

If your playing a room clear oct they avoid you because the game is boring with nothing to do. Same with AOE volt or range Syran, limbo. The only way you have fun is getting as far away from them as you can. 

Basically the game is easy, but you have some fun using the build you made. When a frame is just aoe killing every single thing the second it gets close you become board as all hell. What I wonder is why do people use these frame. I have every single aoe frame sitting back in my unused load outs for maybe an exterminate I want to rush. To bring 1 to a defensive mission is just.... like why deny everyone any joy. 

I won’t say anything to the player but I am going to avoid them like the plague.

Because standing in one place doing nothing is boring, duh.

As for you bloody Octavias...

Here I'm sitting in muh Khora on Ophelia in a corner room, with dome aug, farming 150 Tellurium for dry dock solo. And there be Octavia. Who throws her mallet a bit further, so poor grineer sobs kill themselves before being grabbed by the dome. Then I move the dome a bit further so it could grab people. Then Octavia throws her mallet a bit further again so the dome could not grab people.

And then they wonder why everybody hates being near Octavia. Teamplay: Limbo/10

But wait, I thought if we're unhappy with a certain frame or playstyle we should just leave the mission and let them get on with it instead of complaining? Now we're not even allowed to do that?

Insert witty comment here about how not telling people how to play goes both ways.

I am also annoyed by the people leaving mid rotation in SO and ESO. I understand where this is coming from, people just there to max a weapon and leaving as soon as it's done, but this is still very impolite imo.

I mean come on, at MR14 you're gonna tell me that you have 0 need for the available relics AND have already maxed every single mod in the game AND have maxed every single focus node ? Yeah, thought so, then wait 2min30 and stay at least until the end of the reward rotation, for your own and other's sake.

I swear I have seen more people leaving between rotations than at rotations, have a bit of self respect people...

29 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I'm more bothered by OP's lack of proper punctuation.  The amount of run-on sentences is jarring.  😈

Honestly I'm not entirely sure what point he's trying to make.

Sounds like he referencing some kind of unpleasant interaction with another player in-game.

but I can't figure out specifically what that was, or if it was even explained.

3 часа назад, VanFanel1980mx сказал:

then lately I have seen players leave ESO after zone 2 or even before zone 2 when someone nukes a few times, interestingly enough 90% of the time it is the host who leaves.

Yes, that's rather annoying, spores lost, energy lost, focus increase timer halved. I wish de made you wait an extra minute in loading screen before host migration if you're a host leaving ESO. On the other hand, why stay if the weapon you brought is already maxed.

53 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Honestly I'm not entirely sure what point he's trying to make.

Sounds like he referencing some kind of unpleasant interaction with another player in-game.

but I can't figure out specifically what that was, or if it was even explained.

The OP feels that other people are avoiding them (leaving the game, playing in their own corner of the map, etc), and assumes that those people do so because they don't get enough kills when the OP is around. I've been wondering whether this isn't some kind of weird flex.

37 minutes ago, Noobasique said:

Yes, that's rather annoying, spores lost, energy lost, focus increase timer halved. I wish de made you wait an extra minute in loading screen before host migration if you're a host leaving ESO. On the other hand, why stay if the weapon you brought is already maxed.

I mean... In those Situations people will just Alt F4 if they think that's Faster than waiting...

I should put my

"Have zero expectations in public matches" on a sticky note to quickly copy paste it or something.

The players are not obligated to meet your expectations or even conform to any specific play style.

You want players to follow a set guideline? make a squad through recruit before hand.

i personally find "camping" in survival boring.

If there is a player that is doing most of the kills with little left for me i will move away too - cause i play the game for fun.

If i want an efficient resource farm where that technique is actually needed i will not run public and do active recruits to achieve it with clear expectations and roles.

1 час назад, Lutesque сказал:

In those Situations people will just Alt F4 if they think that's Faster than waiting...

Lose half of the affinity gained, same as leaving party mid-run. That means, gain completion reward after waiting. (I realize my whole proposal is unrealistic and they'll never implement such a thing, just grumbling because it seems like anyone leaving must be host, and if he's not host initially, then he's granted host right before leaving 😃)

Playing survival, killing some baddies? That guy will ostensibly walk a step ahead, right in front of you, blocking your aim and angrily meleeing your targets while the squad is outflanked. Doing more kills anyway? Ok then, that guy will go lone wolf as far away as possible, screwing up spawns for everyone. Doing a spy vault? That guy just HAS to try and recklessly do it faster than you. Going to hack a console, or pick up a catalyst? Yes, as ridiculous as it sounds, that guy WILL try to reach it before you. Bewildered, you type "dude, i'm on it FFS". But that guy doesn't care, he never reads the chat anyway. Running to extraction? He will use loki teleport on you. Waiting there after a quick capture? He will keep killing stuff, until he gets the higest damage/kill count...

People often say "this is not a competitive game!" when discussing various topics here. But in that guy's mind, everything is, and he'll stop at nothing.

10 hours ago, Robolaser said:

Playing survival, killing some baddies? That guy will ostensibly walk a step ahead, right in front of you, blocking your aim and angrily meleeing your targets while the squad is outflanked. Doing more kills anyway? Ok then, that guy will go lone wolf as far away as possible, screwing up spawns for everyone. Doing a spy vault? That guy just HAS to try and recklessly do it faster than you. Going to hack a console, or pick up a catalyst? Yes, as ridiculous as it sounds, that guy WILL try to reach it before you. Bewildered, you type "dude, i'm on it FFS". But that guy doesn't care, he never reads the chat anyway. Running to extraction? He will use loki teleport on you. Waiting there after a quick capture? He will keep killing stuff, until he gets the higest damage/kill count...

People often say "this is not a competitive game!" when discussing various topics here. But in that guy's mind, everything is, and he'll stop at nothing.

More or less what it feels like sometimes.

3 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I know it's become somewhat cliché to say this, but.....there is a reason people enjoy playing solo.  😀 

I can understand that, sometimes I just wish rewards were adjusted for solo players as to compensate a bit, is not like we want the equivalent of a 4 player squad, just a bit more meat.

10 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

I can understand that, sometimes I just wish rewards were adjusted for solo players as to compensate a bit, is not like we want the equivalent of a 4 player squad, just a bit more meat.

Here's the interesting thing about that.  If THAT guy is messing up the spawns, causing host migrations, rushing to extraction, etc then are you really getting more rewards than you would if were playing solo.  I mean kinda hard to farm mats if a squad member is on the other side of the map killing enemies and all the drops are far from you.  Anyone who has missed getting enough reactants during a fissure mission can relate to this.  :D  

10 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Here's the interesting thing about that.  If THAT guy is messing up the spawns, causing host migrations, rushing to extraction, etc then are you really getting more rewards than you would if were playing solo.  I mean kinda had to farm mats if a squad member is on the other side of the map killing enemies and all the drops are far from you.  Anyone who has missed getting enough reactants during a fissure mission can relate to this.  :D  

Reactant is also a big problem somehow related to random players unable to work together, sometimes enemies don't drop enough, sometimes you enter mid mission and then have to scavenge reactant when spawns diminish for some reason or as expected you would also be unable to pick up some items, when it comes to leveling up and other "self imposed challenges" I just wonder why DE doesn't enable ESO and Sorties under Lv30 while in Solo mode, sometimes I wish I could just play something that is not Sponge Path but has the same spawn rate.

2 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

I just wonder why DE doesn't enable ESO and Sorties under Lv1 while in Solo mode

Uhhh, this statement is confusing for me as I've never had any problems selecting or playing any of the missions solo.  Especially since Raids are no longer a thing.  

17 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

But wait, I thought if we're unhappy with a certain frame or playstyle we should just leave the mission and let them get on with it instead of complaining? Now we're not even allowed to do that?

Insert witty comment here about how not telling people how to play goes both ways.

Insert witty and amusing reply.  (Now all we need is an editor to insert all the wit.)

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

Uhhh, this statement is confusing for me as I've never had any problems selecting or playing any of the missions solo.  Especially since Raids are no longer a thing.  

Woops, I meant under Lv30, but yep, you can't ender ESO or any Sortie if you don't have Lv30 warframes equipped.

Archived