Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

about railjak!!

xmegarockx

its railjak dead??

are we going to have command for railjak for solo player?

I still waiting for command and is not here yet I would like to hire a crew to keep stuff in check like gunners, forgers, fix crew, swat kind of crew to kill boarders and someone to drive the railjak when I'm out destroying asteroid base that would be cool for solo players.

The pandemic has thrown off the plans they had for this year and the speed they can get things out to us. They've stated more than once that Deimos was not what they had planned to focus on, but it was what made the most sense to work on while trying to adjust to the work from home system. Railjack content is mostly tied to The New War from what I understand, so I don't know that we'll see much until the next phase of the war is released, which was probably what they were hoping to work on before the world went into lockdown.

Not dead...but needs a lot content and missions in other planets and maybe some silkroad in space....

To me railjack is the best content so far for sure...its "dead" because dont have more planets or events and offcourse who has railjack already did yours and its done building...just waiting for more planets...we need more events like murex.

46 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

According to forum warriors, yes its dead.

You can hear their wish for it so f*cking hard its throbbing.

You know what else is dead? A project DE is working on but didnt tell us on how far along it is. Because being silent about it means abortion.

Especially considering that talking about it was what caused all the hype + disappointment the first time :P

3 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Especially considering that talking about it was what caused all the hype + disappointment the first time :P

So we now get silence instead.

If its talked about, its hype and disappointment.

If its not talked about, its dead or abandoned.

I'm very happy I'm not in PR because I would have thrown so much cynism around...

1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

So we now get silence instead.

If its talked about, its hype and disappointment.

If its not talked about, its dead or abandoned.

I'm very happy I'm not in PR because I would have thrown so much cynism around...

Coincidentally, I'm fairly sure the posterchild of such problems (Hello Game's Sean Murrey) feels similarly. 

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

Coincidentally, I'm fairly sure the posterchild of such problems (Hello Game's Sean Murrey) feels similarly. 

Yeah, I think I heard of it. He advised another dev to "Hunker down, do not speak to the playerbase and actually do your damn work", something along those lines.

I can see both advantages and disavantages of being silent and being open to the players about projects and works.

DE's tactic was always to be open on future projects and long term plans and people have come down on their heads with torches and pitchforks many times when they take too long to deliver. So I can see them trying the opposite approach... and we have the same things I said above.

One of those 2 creates less stress to the developer, however.

But there is no escape.

Dead or alive, it's always hard to know with DE.

The released content is hardly nothing more than just another content island.

I'm all for just playing whatever you find enjoyable any given day, but atm there is just so much to do and not enough time to do everything. At least for me as an adult with rarely more than 1-2 hours on average per day for games (all games, not just WF).

The USS Judge Dreddnaught has already policed all grineer in the megablock.  Now it is relegated to desk duty and checking parking meters whenever LT Nora is in a foul mood.  Someday he hopes to be reassigned to the corpus district.

I'd like to think DE are keeping quiet deliberately and will reveal something big in a couple of months or so. they were bitten once when Railjack was initially launched, so to avoid history repeating itself, anything railjack related won't be up for discussion, and DE won't answer us seriously if we were to ask about it. it's arguably better this way though, can't have a train crash if there's no hype train to begin with.. and if we're gonna get the Corpus misssions, new modes, command intrinsic, Mk4 gear etc. it needs to be done right. rushing just makes everything worse, and I hope that if they release it near the holidays again they apply at least SOME hotfixes before clocking out for the holidays and taking to the eggnog.

so for now, and perhaps the forseeable future, my Railjack, The Black Dragon, and likely many others, will continue to accumulate cosmic dust. a lot of it also depends on when DE will be allowed back in their office, but that's up to the Canadian Government.

20 hours ago, Luciole77 said:

Not dead...but needs a lot content and missions in other planets and maybe some silkroad in space....

To me railjack is the best content so far for sure...its "dead" because dont have more planets or events and offcourse who has railjack already did yours and its done building...just waiting for more planets...we need more events like murex.

I've gotten so tired of waiting on more content for RailJack that I've since stumbled back into Star Citizen (5 years after I'd bought a pack) on the suggestion of a friend.

Happy Go Crazy GIF by DAF Trucks NV

1 hour ago, Luciole77 said:

liar...cant acumulate points dude.

You could before they disabled it. I have an extra 1,148 of them.

Edit to add- if you maxed before 27.0.9 on pc - on console this was wrapped into a later cert build.

Hotfix 27.0.9

• Intrinsic points can no longer be gained once all available Intrinsics are maxed out. If you are already above the maximum, your additional points have not been lost.

My real complaint about RJ is that it doesn't mechanically do anything an archwing doesn't. Yeah, your RJ can stand up to a Grineer space assault, but you probably have to get out of your RJ anyway at some point for an objective. Like, my big complaint at the reveal at Tennocon 2019 was "what's the point of this?" Especially since it adds a third control scheme to get used to and an entire second economy that displaced everything else. The is even more annoying when you factor in that console RJ requires three hands to play.

7 minutes ago, (NSW)Electropuncher said:

My real complaint about RJ is that it doesn't mechanically do anything an archwing doesn't. Yeah, your RJ can stand up to a Grineer space assault, but you probably have to get out of your RJ anyway at some point for an objective. Like, my big complaint at the reveal at Tennocon 2019 was "what's the point of this?" Especially since it adds a third control scheme to get used to and an entire second economy that displaced everything else. The is even more annoying when you factor in that console RJ requires three hands to play.

Because its original intent was never to be Solo. To provide objectives that required team coordination and effort. Since the only way to create some challenge in warframe is to make it impossible for a single player to be in multiple places at once. Thus external objectives such as ships and outposts and segmented job locations to split up unstoppable gods. But if they didn't work together, their little tinfoil base would get overrun. Yet since people have no idea how to work together since trials were deleted (and trial runners as rare as pvpers)And it was released in a very alpha state. Few have reason to like it.

Archived