Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No new Plague Star this year + moving rewards; sounds like Plague Star wont be coming back, please run it again before you remove it, so players know that this will be the last time.

Oorel

I'm reading into their statements a bit here, so keep that in mind. There is no clear communication on this.

If rewards are being moved, the implication is that Plague Star will be no-more. And we loose a good event for Forma.

If Plague Star is indeed getting removed, I think it would be preferable to run the event after making such an announcement so players know that they wont be able to do it again. Potentially hearing that there won't be a new plague star ~8 months after the last one, while players expect a new one to be coming soon feels really bad.

58 minutes ago, Oorel said:

feels really bad.

How often has [DE] made you feel good this year? 🤔 

I trust their ability to add those rewards to a table involving Deimos bosses, but I agree we should get PStar back with a definitive "last one!" before scrapping it. This is how this game works, though. Armistice still prevents my clan from reaching Rank 11 and they don't care about that either. 

43 minutes ago, (XB1)DarknessZeref said:

How often has [DE] made you feel good this year? 🤔 

I trust their ability to add those rewards to a table involving Deimos bosses, but I agree we should get PStar back with a definitive "last one!" before scrapping it. This is how this game works, though. Armistice still prevents my clan from reaching Rank 11 and they don't care about that either. 

Communication has been really bad recently. It seems like dev-leads are just doing random stuff and then the community team is left to try to make sense of it while communicating with the community at large.

14 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

If Plague Star did come back, Players would be going for Formas and probably Exodia Epidemic. Then that’s it.

Besides that being the case in general, the last Plague-Star was before the status-changes. I know some people would like to build new plague zawz and experiment.

Plague Star should be removed from the game . It has a very unfun desing and you need to play it like you are working on a job so you can get benefit from it.  To my opinion another yearly event should be in the game instead of plague star for us to farm forma and it should not have an unfun desing for players . Besides repeating this event for every year is kinda bad for lore too especially we have a second center for intestation in the solar system right now

9 hours ago, Oorel said:

I'm reading into their statements a bit here, so keep that in mind. There is no clear communication on this.

If rewards are being moved, the implication is that Plague Star will be no-more. And we loose a good event for Forma.

If Plague Star is indeed getting removed, I think it would be preferable to run the event after making such an announcement so players know that they wont be able to do it again. Potentially hearing that there won't be a new plague star ~8 months after the last one, while players expect a new one to be coming soon feels really bad.

Who said it will be removed? If they really do that it will be a big shot in the foot of the DE itself ... then the question comes? What events are they for?

If they remove it and don't replace it/substitute it with some kind of event that gives people a lot of forma, sounds like they are going to be some unhappy players. I wasn't around for plague star so I never got to try it, heard all the hype and was looking forward to but oh well, guess it's not gonna be a thing now... 

9 hours ago, Orakan said:

Plague Star should be removed from the game . It has a very unfun desing and you need to play it like you are working on a job so you can get benefit from it.  To my opinion another yearly event should be in the game instead of plague star for us to farm forma and it should not have an unfun desing for players . Besides repeating this event for every year is kinda bad for lore too especially we have a second center for intestation in the solar system right now

What is good design though. Everything added is just Mobile Defense reskinned. It was an accident that Disruption's take on Mobile Defense is actually really good, but killing off Plague Star when 2020 brought us Isolation Vaults and Scarlet Spear doesn't sound very promising. I just liked the consistent Forma, especially since they killed the Void, and Relics are so boring and low level.

Lore isn't even relevant here. Nobody cares about Lore looking at Exodia Contagion, Snipetron, and built Forma from Nakak.

8 hours ago, Luciole77 said:

Who said it will be removed? If they really do that it will be a big shot in the foot of the DE itself ... then the question comes? What events are they for?

I am interpreting the statements that were made. But its not pure speculation. What would be the point of moving most of the rewards if Plague Star is indeed coming back? Don't forget that we recently had some important rewards moved to deimos, because Acolytes are not going to be coming back.

Its not unlikely.

7 hours ago, Voltage said:

What is good design though. Everything added is just Mobile Defense reskinned. It was an accident that Disruption's take on Mobile Defense is actually really good, but killing off Plague Star when 2020 brought us Isolation Vaults and Scarlet Spear doesn't sound very promising. I just liked the consistent Forma, especially since they killed the Void, and Relics are so boring and low level.

Lore isn't even relevant here. Nobody cares about Lore looking at Exodia Contagion, Snipetron, and built Forma from Nakak.

Well... any mission will involve, kill mobs, destroy something or protect something. I think the creativity falls more in the map design more than anything. And I liked scarlet spear. I thought it combined few mechanics nicely.

Plague star is terrible though. The objective is mobile defenses that summon Lephantis, a terribly designed boss. And the most efficient way to play is to not summon boss. It is just a bad bounty, no more or less. The only reason anyone runs it is the forma. When this comes again, I probably won’t even bother. I am already stacked on forma.

51 minutes ago, Oorel said:

I am interpreting the statements that were made. But its not pure speculation. What would be the point of moving most of the rewards if Plague Star is indeed coming back? Don't forget that we recently had some important rewards moved to deimos, because Acolytes are not going to be coming back.

Its not unlikely.

does blood rush drop in Demios? I only saw weeping wounds. Also, beside the forma, plague star had some exclusive rewards including 2 zaws. Unless the exclusive rewards are moved to a different vendor, it is not likely plague star would be removed.

3 hours ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

does blood rush drop in Demios? I only saw weeping wounds. Also, beside the forma, plague star had some exclusive rewards including 2 zaws. Unless the exclusive rewards are moved to a different vendor, it is not likely plague star would be removed.

Yeah Blood Rush is in Deimos now.

During the last Home Time they did say some of the rewards will be moved. Whats on the horizon now is new Infested Kit-gun parts that will be compatible with the fortuna parts as well. I guess we could also be seeing the plague star zaw parts either on Deimos, or added to Hok in that update.

3 hours ago, Oorel said:

Yeah Blood Rush is in Deimos now.

During the last Home Time they did say some of the rewards will be moved. Whats on the horizon now is new Infested Kit-gun parts that will be compatible with the fortuna parts as well. I guess we could also be seeing the plague star zaw parts either on Deimos, or added to Hok in that update.

Where in the stream did they mention about Plague Star's zaw parts / rewards being moved? I haven't been able to see the stream from start to finish just yet, but any information is good to know.

That being said, I agree that they should try running the event one last time, and maybe even change it towards the end, showing something happen to the boil in the plains as it could shoot back up towards Deimos possibly, which would explain it not occurring at the plains any longer (If they go that route). As for a new event for forma, maybe squads can test their mettle against enemies if the Grineer try attacking the Unum itself, by jumping across that bridge in Cetus and travelling up inside the tower (I was thinking of that tall dungeon in TLoZ: Twilight Princess, as an example), to prevent the Grineer from taking down the barrier around the plains. Assuming they could actually breach the tower itself.

38 minutes ago, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:

Where in the stream did they mention about Plague Star's zaw parts / rewards being moved? I haven't been able to see the stream from start to finish just yet, but any information is good to know.

That being said, I agree that they should try running the event one last time, and maybe even change it towards the end, showing something happen to the boil in the plains as it could shoot back up towards Deimos possibly, which would explain it not occurring at the plains any longer (If they go that route). As for a new event for forma, maybe squads can test their mettle against enemies if the Grineer try attacking the Unum itself, by jumping across that bridge in Cetus and travelling up inside the tower (I was thinking of that tall dungeon in TLoZ: Twilight Princess, as an example), to prevent the Grineer from taking down the barrier around the plains. Assuming they could actually breach the tower itself.

Mentioned briefly here; 14:45 is the timecode if this link doesn't do it right

The only reason people want that event back is because of the rewards ( mostly for built forma) and not because it's fun (but I can't really remember a fun event). If they remake it into something better and bring back ALL of those rewards then that is perfect. In my opinion, they are going to add everything except forma to Deimos at the same time with those infested kit-gun parts and make the community mad/sad. I hope I'm wrong.

Archived