Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which warframe farm is the worst, and why is it Trinity?

Serafim_94

I never had to farm Ambulas, he used to drop Excalibur parts back in the day and I picked that as starter.

Hate the fight though, lengthy wait phases where the game doesn't even allow you to afk properly are soul draining (same reason I only did the bare minimum of Deimos vaults).

I have re-farmed and built every frame already except for one. Grendel the missions do not bother me, in fact I enjoy stuff like that, but I keep looking at the 25 vitus for each beacon and thinking do I really want to waste 75 vitus to re-farm 1 frame when I could farm the plat in no time, and save the vitus in case more is added to the vendor later? I'm leaning toward just buying an extra Grendel, or not even bothering with Grendel

Il y a 20 heures, Nichivo a dit :

I have re-farmed and built every frame already except for one. Grendel the missions do not bother me, in fact I enjoy stuff like that, but I keep looking at the 25 vitus for each beacon and thinking do I really want to waste 75 vitus to re-farm 1 frame when I could farm the plat in no time, and save the vitus in case more is added to the vendor later? I'm leaning toward just buying an extra Grendel, or not even bothering with Grendel

Or you can find a group farming it ; as it's one key per part PER GROUP.

2 hours ago, AltairFerenc said:

have you heard of mutalasit salad? good thing I don't want mesa's sumbsumed ability... yet...
Or any frame that you can onlgy get again trough simaris, like chroma, mirage 2 that I want to feed but god damm I have 0 rep and it comes very slowly

You'll want Chroma. I promise you that. That ward is great on multiple frames. 

I agree that Trinity boss fight is not a boss fight but just waiting a mobile defense timer, and it's horrible in that. Nevertheless, i would not classify as the worst any of the frame farms from starchart bosses, as they are much more deterministic: a piece is guaranteed every time you run them, giving you the full set in generally 6-7 runs.

The worst are those that combine boring repetitive gameplay, excessively long timers (or rotation C) and low drop chances: in order of frustration 1) khora 2) nidus, 3) harrow/octavia; asking you generally 20-40 repetitions for a set, that is frankly dishonest. DE knows already that these are the worst, as they offered those frame pieces as a pre-Helmint livestream drop, sadly only once.

Since the proposition to farm all of them a second time, i highly advocate for a rework of either drop chance or acquisition method (i.e. buy Khora out of focus points, Nidus out of Antiserum injectors; at least for who mastered them already). 

I haven't farmed every single frame in the game (yet :P), but so far I feel Gauss was the biggest offender for a couple of reasons. It's a disrutpion mission and they are rather famously not easy to do if you are single digit MR (no impossible, but, ye a lot of factors). What this means it's almost absolutely out of question for new-ish players or with low MR. Parts also have a terrible drop cahnce 7.8 (something) %... They do start in rotation C - which is suppouse to be after 4 waves. In reality it feels like after 8 waves. So realistically speaking, I don't see anybody solo who is not at least above MR20 or have very good knowledge and understanding of the game - including weakness to enemies and well build wf, and a freaking good warframe for the mission...

Now you you all prolly gonna say, welp you can go with party or just random public. Sure but that can be answer to almost any problematic situation. On top of that, from the days I've been going it's not the most populated place. You still need a team that have good frames and gear or at least knows what to do. 4 random MR within 10 still will or might have a problem getting up to 8 waves (and sitting there for quite some time). Meaning mrore often than not you might get nothing/you'll get nothing.

It's an intesive mission type that's overkill to big percentage of players.

You might say Khora is bad (I don't say it's fine!), but you'll find people in SO all the time. You can use time spent on SO to rank up gear or get Focus points. You do 2 minutes and 30 seconds of killing different enemies in different locations. It's even friendlier if you go solo compared to Gauss. The chances for the drops are higher and overall you prolly spent less time.

Nidus is even better. Sure you spent 20-ish minutes but this mission is manageable for newer players as well. Drop chances are higher and you always get guaranteed Nidus part when you reach 5th wave I believe.

Compare that to Gauss? It's not eve remotely close or user friendly. I am speaking as person that I feel got lucky in the face of terrible grind and difficulty. One day I got good Wisp player MR14 and me as Mesa same MR. Another day 2 dudes with MR25 (absolute beasts), and even they had a couple deaths... What happens if anyobdy else is not "lucky" to find people that are strong enough to stay and have the desire to go for it? 

Biggest offender in terms of grind so far for me. I can see people willing to go for it and not been able to complete or even be close. Think that is an issue (considering the biss as well).

Protea also have issues in terms of new player or user friendly approach. I legit feel people would have hard time complteing just the quest. The granum worlds though... Well good luck for anyone that is bellow MR10 with no access to some of the "appropriate" wf's for the type of the mission. Sure you might get world/stages 1 or 2, but 3? No. Again speaking mostly for solo purposes. I am glad I didn't decide to go with the quest when I started (she was introduced around the same time). It would've left a rather sour test in my mouth. I like the concept and the idea I think it's wonderful. It just overkills it in difficulty and maybe in attempt to appeal to veterans. A double edged sword. Facing those lvl 200 (if it's a bug I dunno), specters in world 3 will end you in no time with terrible experience to remember. I heard/red at least the inconsistent Hand portal is fixed.

Before those I'd say maybe the Octavia spy mission for the search of the hidden caches was the most irky. That though is mostly due to how game doesn't want to use different indicating boxes for specific stuff on the mini map. Ye I know it will fasten the process which is apperantly against the politic WF enforces.

I know about the Equinox specifics and when I was getting through that area as new player, i just decided not to bother :D. You can take this feedback however you like :), pretty sure it's known offender as well.

The boss fight for Wisp can be here to some degree, but mostly if new player haven't gotten different amp from the base one... That thing does legit almost nothing :D. After some attempts (maybe hour or two - I can be stubborn of tests), I just said screw it and went public :(. Again the mindset here speaks more to veterans and less to new players or been user friendly. I think game just automatically suggest you prolly done Eidolons by this time and have better amp. Release wise it makes sense since by 2019 most active players most were probably already upgraded to the max.

2 hours ago, (PS4)f_r_e_e_b_i_e_bg said:

They do start in rotation C - which is suppouse to be after 4 waves. In reality it feels like after 8 waves

Assuming you get all four conduits, wave 3 and beyond are C rotations. So each wave has a 23% chance to give any part of him. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)f_r_e_e_b_i_e_bg said:

Drop chances are higher and you always get guaranteed Nidus part when you reach 5th wave I believe.

There is no guarantee on Nidus ever. The rotation is AABC. You have to run 4 rounds to get a chance at a Nidus part. Each part has a 14.29% drop chance. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)f_r_e_e_b_i_e_bg said:

It just overkills it in difficulty and maybe in attempt to appeal to veterans

Where in that quest was difficult? The only part that people had difficulty with was fighting Protea, but it was easy once you figure out what to do. The quest is MR4 locked. It's behind that of even The Sacrifice and The War Within. 

Facing those lvl 200 (if it's a bug I dunno), specters in world 3

This only happens if you allow it to. It is not a bug. Errant Specters that die turn into Specter Particles. Those particles can be absorbed by other Errant Specters to increase their level. After a few absorptions, they get to three digit levels. There is plenty of time to stop them. Carelessness is what causes that to happen. 

Octavia spy mission for the search of the hidden caches was the most irky. 

It was and is the sabotage. In the first month of release, I'd agree with you. She was, at the time, the worst farm for me. I had opened 100 caches and gotten nothing. Nowadays, people get it really easily. 

Again the mindset here speaks more to veterans and less to new players

Considering that Ropalolyst is locked behind The Sacrifice, it makes sense that it is more involved and not meant for new players. The idea is that by that point, you've dipped your toes into other aspects of the game (like the open worlds).

Release wise it makes sense since by 2019 most active players most were probably already upgraded to the max.

I dunno about that. Most of the playerbase are casual players. I dunno about most having maxed amps, let alone ones that are effective. I know MR20s who still have a toer 1 amp because they just can't be asked. Eidolons just aren't fun. That tier 1 amp from Onkko isn't that bad. 

You do 2 minutes and 30 seconds of killing different enemies in different locations. It's even friendlier if you go solo compared to Gauss. The chances for the drops are higher and overall you prolly spent less time

Khora is one of the worst offenders, because you have to get through 22-25 minutes to get a chance at all her parts. The C rotations parts are absurd. There are 2 parts on C rotation with lower drops than Nidus. Nidus takes shorter than Khora to get to C, because speed is based on performance with Nidus. With Nidus you also get good resources. With SO, you get nothing good. Nothing. It's also a time gate. You could kill faster than the game can spawn but still takes 22-25 minutes to get those last two elusive parts. If Gauss is an issue for you, Khora should be way worse-because it is. Gauss has the ability to be speed ran. You're not locked behind a time gate. Plus... the amount of chances you get to roll the table in a certain time with Gauss is way higher. 

sure, trin is in the top ten in this regard, but personally i would vote nidus and even more so protea to the top ranking - with equinox being just below trinity (just be a bit though).

the ambulas fight is not really fun after the 12th time you tried getting that damn last part, but it isn't too hard either... just too long to be fun after repeating it over and over again.

tbh, i feel very happy that i had a lot of trin-parts left from the days before DE changed the ambulas fight but i helped many friends and clanmates since then with farming them too, so i had my fair share of the grind.

Just now, fr4gb4ll said:

sure, trin is in the top ten in this regard, but personally i would vote nidus and even more so protea to the top ranking - with equinox being just below trinity (just be a bit though).

the ambulas fight is not really fun after the 12th time you tried getting that damn last part, but it isn't too hard either... just too long to be fun after repeating it over and over again.

tbh, i feel very happy that i had a lot of trin-parts left from the days before DE changed the ambulas fight (wasn't ambulas the location for excal, btw?) but i helped many friends and clanmates since then with farming them too, so i had my fair share of the grind.

22 hours ago, (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Assuming you get all four conduits, wave 3 and beyond are C rotations. So each wave has a 23% chance to give any part of him. 

There is no guarantee on Nidus ever. The rotation is AABC. You have to run 4 rounds to get a chance at a Nidus part. Each part has a 14.29% drop chance. 

Where in that quest was difficult? The only part that people had difficulty with was fighting Protea, but it was easy once you figure out what to do. The quest is MR4 locked. It's behind that of even The Sacrifice and The War Within. 

This only happens if you allow it to. It is not a bug. Errant Specters that die turn into Specter Particles. Those particles can be absorbed by other Errant Specters to increase their level. After a few absorptions, they get to three digit levels. There is plenty of time to stop them. Carelessness is what causes that to happen. 

It was and is the sabotage. In the first month of release, I'd agree with you. She was, at the time, the worst farm for me. I had opened 100 caches and gotten nothing. Nowadays, people get it really easily. 

Considering that Ropalolyst is locked behind The Sacrifice, it makes sense that it is more involved and not meant for new players. The idea is that by that point, you've dipped your toes into other aspects of the game (like the open worlds).

I dunno about that. Most of the playerbase are casual players. I dunno about most having maxed amps, let alone ones that are effective. I know MR20s who still have a toer 1 amp because they just can't be asked. Eidolons just aren't fun. That tier 1 amp from Onkko isn't that bad. 

7.84% to get a part after a whole set of 4 defenses (1 wave):

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Gauss

My b on Niuds part, I prolly red a wrong information that it guarantees to drop part each time you finish 4 waves.

Exactly Protea fight can destroy new/ish people. I don't get your blabber about locking to MR4, you think that's a good enough :D? That MR4 will rock that fight easy?

As I stated (but I can see what type of person you are already) I was unsure if it's bug... and no, my little "friendo", its not "carelessness ", it's lack of information or visual tell that is clear enough. At third stage it's almost impossible to keep up with all the specteres... You are so very out of touch or a high MR/I red every bit of piece of information or was infromed outside of the game - to see how those things can be and are problematic.

Well we were both wrong going by memory (but alas we knew we were talking about the same thing) - "Octavia Systems blueprint can be found in the A Rotation Cache of Lua Crossfire Exterminate missions". Again what you miss, is it's personal experience and I stated which part made it more troublesome. Let me repeat as I see you like to take things out of context - the lack of different mini-map indicator.

It's funny how you contradict yourself in literally two paragraph bellow each other... Sure, Ropo is not entirely new, but at the same time you can fight it with the awfull base mote amp, which as you state people that were even MR20 still have problems (imagine those that are bellow 10...). Let me suggest to equip that amp and go test how it goes, come back and have the face to say it's not bad. This is known to most people that are familiar with the game and one of more suggested outakes if you want to have an usable amp is to get to at least to Quills  Rank 2  to make yourself a significat better than the default and one that actually can do some work.

Still due to you just deciding to be agressive instead to have a normal conversation you end up again ignoring the point. That in the attempt to appeal to both new-ish and experienced players you make a mess (a lot people still say the fight is mess even today, I tend to agree to extent). Let me put it like that.

22 hours ago, (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Khora is one of the worst offenders, because you have to get through 22-25 minutes to get a chance at all her parts. The C rotations parts are absurd. There are 2 parts on C rotation with lower drops than Nidus. Nidus takes shorter than Khora to get to C, because speed is based on performance with Nidus. With Nidus you also get good resources. With SO, you get nothing good. Nothing. It's also a time gate. You could kill faster than the game can spawn but still takes 22-25 minutes to get those last two elusive parts. If Gauss is an issue for you, Khora should be way worse-because it is. Gauss has the ability to be speed ran. You're not locked behind a time gate. Plus... the amount of chances you get to roll the table in a certain time with Gauss is way higher. 

Just like with Gauss you ignored some things I said and took out of context others. Having an actuall good or experienced team to even have small chance to get to a part. One that wants to stay in a low populated disruption mission. You can do solo Nidus if you reach this planet it's not almost impossible. You can even do a couple of waves on SO as newish player and alone. The thing is, SO is populated. You wouldn't run in situations (not impossible but very rare) where there is nobody there. It's a mode that wants out of you to compete, so there will always be some crowd. You ignored the fact that you can Rank WF's or gear or focus while you grind Khoara. So unless you've gotten every single thing in the game, then, I can't see how those things are pointless/nothing. You get some relics as well, but I guess they are pointless/nothing as well. I don't know why you suddenly even start to compare if Khora or Nidus is worse, as they both are not great or I've stated otherwise. Guess you just talk for the talk.

No, Gauss is harder, I've explained with points how so. Just going for some WF and weapons ranking up on SO, I've gotten maybe 2 sets of Khora besides the one I built by now. That's the thing though. When you go without the intent it's always "easy" or you can say without effort (or just RNG in general). The stars required to align for you to get a Gauss part is something not as easily achievable though or by going casual public (god forbid solo under MR20 without a strong WF...). Neither of those have such high requirements for Khora.

Not looking for random internet fights or brawls, so don't expect of me to continue this discussion much longer (especially with such a tone or behaviour).

16 hours ago, (PS4)f_r_e_e_b_i_e_bg said:

made it more troublesome

I was agreeing with you. 

blabber about locking to MR4,

I'm pointing out that it's meant to be a challenge for early players. Once you figure it out though, it's easy. 

visual tell that is clear enough

You can visually see them absorb them and then do an animation. I could understand you not seeing that if you're far away, and that's why I took time out of my day to explain it to you. Now you know and can teach others. I'd suggest checking the wiki if you're unsure about something. 

red every bit of piece of information

Yes. I do read a lot. I read all the patch notes and keep up with the game. The specter thing though, I figured out on my own because I too got deleted by a level 200. From there I figured it out. 

was unsure if it's bug... and no, my little "friendo", its not

I dunno why you're being sassy towards me. 

you like to take things out of context

I never took it out of context. I actually agreed with you on how annoying getting that part was. 

Sure, Ropo is not entirely new, but at the same time you can fight it with the awfull base mote amp, which as you state people that were even MR20 still have problems (imagine those that are bellow 10...). Let me suggest to equip that amp and go test how it goes, come back and have the face to say it's not bad.

I never suggested using a mote amp in Ropo. All I said was that by the time you unlock him, it's expected by DE that you've dipped your toes into other amps. If you haven't, then you should go do that. 

due to you just deciding to be agressive instead to have a normal conversation you end up again ignoring the point.

I wasn't aggressive. Where was I aggressive? You're the one being sassy and acting as if I came at you. I haven't insulted you or called you names or been sassy. 

in the attempt to appeal to both new-ish and experienced players you make a mess

They appeal to the new players. Look at Helminth MR reduction, Railjack, changes on quest MR lock, new Awakening quest, etc.

They appeal to new players because they have to in order to keep their game alive. 

I don't know why you suddenly even start to compare if Khora or Nidus is worse, as they both are not great or I've stated otherwise. Guess you just talk for the talk.

I've explained why Khora is worse. It's easy to see Nidus is easier. Time and percent drops are better. You can't deny that. As for Gauss, Gauss is better because you aren't time gated like with Khora. You can get a group and speed run it. I've said this before. Also, if you ask anyone about what frame to buy based on difficulty to get, they'll tell you Harrow, Khora, Equinox, etc. I think that alone tells you something.

The stars required to align for you to get a Gauss part is something not as easily achievable though

Maybe you should go look at the expected rotations needed to get Khora, Gauss, and Nidus. Do the math and tell me which one takes the longest. 

Not looking for random internet fights or brawls, so don't expect of me to continue this discussion much longer (especially with such a tone or behaviour).

There's no brawl to be had here. I was being completely civil, threw no insults, threw no sass. In return, I've gotten sass from you, an assumption that this will turn into a big thing when it's just a conversation (gone a bit sassy on your part), and a warning that you won't continue this conversation that you began due to me being aggressive. I've not spoken to you rudely. I've not insulted you. I've not called you names like "friendo". Yet through all this you take the defense when it isn't necessary while you're being passive aggressive. You state I've had such "tone and behaviour". The most I've been is assertive and to-the-point in my statements. That is a good thing to be too. Am I to talk to you like I'm weak or that you're greater than me? Should I sugar coat or add unnecessary words to what I say rather than get straight to the point?

22 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

You made a little mistake there. Neither of the two are good.

I will be in a tiny minority when I say this, but when I re-farmed Nidus for feeding Helminth, I actually really enjoyed the farm! Sure, it got a bit annoying after 8-10 C rotations (when I was looking for the last of the components), but whenever you get the "bad" tile (the one with the stations on different levels), the mission actually gets somewhat engaging (by the low standards of Warframe farming spots). Or at least the movement is not as brain-dead as in most of the missions.

I think the Nidus farm just leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouths from when they farm it for the first time (when they are relatively new to Warframe and don't really know how to move around). I would much rather re-farm Nidus again than Mesa or Ember - when all you do during the boss fight is just stand around waiting for the bosses to open their weak spot so you can shoot it.

1 hour ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

I will be in a tiny minority when I say this, but when I re-farmed Nidus for feeding Helminth, I actually really enjoyed the farm! Sure, it got a bit annoying after 8-10 C rotations (when I was looking for the last of the components), but whenever you get the "bad" tile (the one with the stations on different levels), the mission actually gets somewhat engaging (by the low standards of Warframe farming spots). Or at least the movement is not as brain-dead as in most of the missions.

I think the Nidus farm just leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouths from when they farm it for the first time (when they are relatively new to Warframe and don't really know how to move around). I would much rather re-farm Nidus again than Mesa or Ember - when all you do during the boss fight is just stand around waiting for the bosses to open their weak spot so you can shoot it.

I actually enjoy Nidus farm. The mission is fun to me. I do understand the struggle of getting Nidus though because I obviously had to do it the first time. Luckily I had extra sets because I've helped people get sets cuz I actually enjoy Infested salvage. 

Last 2 for me were Grendel and Khora. Revenant was also annoying, the neuroptics are one of 4 rare rewards on the highest level bounty. I hate doing PoE bounties too.

All the other farms mentioned were awful too. I did them all again without buying any of them with plat but there is no denying that there are some dreadful grinds for non prime frames.

Even theoretically easy grinds can become hell, it took unreasonable amount of Sergeant runs to make my subsume Mag.

4 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

You made a little mistake there. Neither of the two are good.

I enjoyed farming nidus on the flat map especially. It went pretty fast solo and I used it to practice using zephyr and baruuk (though khora is still the best at it cause loot). Zephyr's tailwind distance is almost perfectly the distance between the three checkpoints on the flat map. It only took me about 30 rounds to get two copies of nidus. I fed one to helminth :)

Equinox was hell though. Over 70 missions, and its a long, annoying, bug-ridden mission.

Archived