Reflection mod improvements

New Stances & weapons

Suggestions for weapon animation improvements and more

Melee Stances Improvements

QOL improvements to melee

Arial combos

Devil trigger/rage mode

After melee 2.9, this warframe mod does nothing to benefit using melee because the channelling mechanic has been removed. Here are some ideas to improve reflection;

·       At base 1,000 damage is reflected at attackers while blocking.

·       The damage can be increased based on the combo multiplier.

·       This work an exalted melee weapons.

·       Option - either make it a melee mod OR make able to go into the eximus mod slot.

New Stances & weapons

When melee 3.0 comes out, it would be great if they could bring out some new stance mods for them, two at least. There are some weapons I really want to use but the stances are not that good which to me no matter how strong the weapon is, the stances let it down.

Here are some weapons that needs some new stances;

Spoiler

·       Sparring

·       Staff

·       Whip

·       Nunchaku

·       Warfans

·       Sword and Shield

·       Scythe

·       Tonfas

·       Blade and Whip

·       Rapier

Hopefully DE can also make some more new unique weapons, maybe take some inspiration from RWBY`s weapon arsenal.

Weapons I would like to see more of;

Spoiler

·       Claws

·       Scythes Blade and Whips

·       Staffs

·       Katanas

·       Dual katanas

·       Daggers

·       Duel Daggers

·       Sparring

·       Machetes

·       Warfans

Spoiler

Swords:

·       Note – The running animation when equipping should be put back the way it was. At the moment, it looks like the frame is getting ready to charge for a finishing strike.

Katnas:

·       Note - One thing I would like to see is, for them to be used out of the sheath when equipped. (which I see people talk about)

Duel Swords:

·       Note - The finisher animation is great however it doesn’t suit it with duel swords. The animation could be the frame turning his back to the enemy stabbing them with both swords making an x with them.

·       Note – I would like to see duel katanas in the future that used duel sword stances.

Heavy Blades:

·       New back finisher - The animation should be a powerful side swing like your swinging a baseball bat trying to hit the ball. The finisher we have now looks better and makes sense with scythes.

Sword & Shields:

·       Blocking ability - Blocking should be able to block all incoming damage and the damage stored up should be released in any three attacks.

·       Unique blocking – Blocking while on the move should ragdoll enemies.

·       New ground slam – The animation is the warframe divebombing the shield into the ground.

Rapiers:

·       New slide attack – Instead of a swipe, the animation should be a thrust that knocks the enemy off its feet.

Machetes:

·       New back finisher – The animation should be a diagonal slash. This animation make sense for the prova or any future blunt weapons.

Claws:

·       New front finisher – The animation is the frame doing an uppercut stab in the neck then the other hand slashing the enemy’s neck. This makes it different from the back finisher.

Tonfas:

·       New ground finisher – It should have the frame shoving both ends of the tonfa into the enemy. This make sense tonfas are mostly blunt weapons.

·       Glitch - They are glitched and held wrong in the warframe`s hand when extracting while have it equipped.

Scythes:

·       New back finisher – The animation puts the enemy on their knees, puts the blade to their necks and pulls back. This will look like its preforming an execution.

Glaives:

·       Note - After the first hit, it should be able to seek out and hit enemies more often. The best weapons that does this successfully is Nezha`s 2nd ability, the falcor and the phahd scaffold.

·       Note - When the glaive comes back to you, the glaive should come back to striking the enemy you are aiming at with the radical.

·       Note - After throwing the glaive, instead of the warframe being disarmed the warframe should be able to switch back to use your secondary weapon until it comes back to you.

Warfans:

·       Slide & air attacks – Preforming them should cause to hit multiple enemies with a ragdoll or a stagger.

Hammers:

·       New back finisher - The animation should be a powerful side swing like your swinging a baseball bat trying to hit the ball. The finisher we have now looks better and makes sense with scythes.

·       Slide Attack - Preforming this should send enemies flying across the room.

Fists:

·       Slide Attack – A successful hit should uppercut the enemy up into the air.

Sparring:

·       Slide Attack - This should ragdol enemies flying across the room.

Staffs:

·       Front Finisher – The animation should be where the warframe spins round with the staff which knocks them out.

Polearms:

·       Fix: When performing a finisher, the weapon looks like it has shrunken in size.

Whips:

·       Note: I don`t own any whips so I’m just going to talk about what I would like to see from this.

·       Charge attack – The first attack make spin in a spiral, hitting multiple enemies in front and behind you and knocks them down and the second charge attack pulls an enemy towards you.

·       Slide attack – Preforming this attack will hit multiple enemies and ragdoll them.

·       Air attack – The causes to strike straight down the middle striking either one or more enemies.

Exalted Weapons:

Wukong

·       New ground slam – the animation is wukong hanging onto a massive version of his staff slamming the end of it into the ground like one of his combos.

·       Finishers – All Wukong`s animations for his staff should look different compared to other staffs.

·       Unique ability – Pressing the secondary fire while aiming at an enemy will jab his staff into the dealing damage and pull Wukong to them doing a flykick closing the gap.

·       Visuals – Since it`s a unique weapon, it visually should reflect its uniqueness.

·       Glitch - When preforming the animation with no weapons equipped, you can`t see the staff. (this has been like this ever since he was released)

Valkyr

·       New charge attack – Preforming this will show Valkyr with her arm out in a V shape and then both claws slashing the enemy in front of her causing a knockdown and a slash proc.

Tbh I prefer the old combo system minus when you had to move the triggers to the back and the side, if it could come back without those two combos I would like it even more.

Key:

Neutral Combo (melee attack) – nc

Neutral Tactical Combo (block & attack) – ntc

Forward Combo (forward attack) – fc

Forward Tactical Combo (Forward, block & attack) – ftc

Need New Combo – nnc

Simple slash attacks - ssa

Spoiler

Swords

Iron Phoenix – ntc nnc

Crimson Dervish – ntc nnc

Vengeful Revenant – Very good combos

Swooping Falcon – Very good combos

Dual Swords

Crossing Snake -

Swirling Tiger – ntc nnc

Carving Mantis - Vgc

Nikanas

Tranquil Cleaver - stance I don’t like (sidl)

Decicive Judgement –

Blind Justice - vgc

Two-Handed Nikanas

Wise Razor – The three slashes and the end of the stance should be swapped with the jump spin being last in the combo. Vgc ntc nnc

Daggers

Pointed Wind – ntc nnc ftc nnc

Homing fang –ntc nnc vgc

Dual Daggers

Gnashing Payara – The nc is too slow and it should be the ntc and the nc nnc

Sinking Talon – nc and nnc nnc

Spinning Needle – The nc needs ssa, the ntc should not leave enemy suspended, the flip it use to have should be at the end of the ftc.

Machetes

Cyclone Kraken – The first hit in the nc is too slow and should have ssa,

Fists

Seismic Palm – The two hits from the fc should swap with the first hit from the nc.

Fracturing Wing – The first two hits in the fc or the multi hits from the ftc should swap with the two hits from the nc making it have a simple punch attack.

Gaia`s Tragedy - The nc should have simple punch attacks

Sparring

Grim Fury – ntc nnc

Brutal Tide – ntc nnc fc nnc

Glaives

Gleaming Talon – nc should be the ntc and nc nnc.

Staves

Clashing Forest - The nc should be the ntc and the nc nnc with simple bow hits.

Flailing Branch – The nc should be the ntc and the nc nnc with simple bow hits.

Polearms

Shimmering Blight - ntc nnc with simple hits.

Bleeding Willow – ntc nnc, the fc looks to similar to the nc and nnc.

Scythes

Reaping Spiral – The nc should be the ntc and nc nnc with ssa. vgc

Stalking Fan – ntc nnc

Heavy Blades

Cleaving Whirlwind – Get rid of stagger from the fc and in add a new hit ant the end. vgc

Tempo Royale – The nc should be the ntc and nc nnc with ssa.

Claws

Malicious Raptor – The two hits from the fc should swap places with the multi slashes in the middle of the nc.

Four Riders

Vermilion Storm

Swords and Shields

Final Harbinger – The nc should swap places with the fc, in the ftc throwing the shield she swap places with the jump spin attack.

Tonfas

Gemini Cross – The first hit is too slow and should be replaces with ssa. sidl

Sovereign Outcast – At the beginning of the nc, it should have a new combo with simple hits.

Gunblades

Bullet Dance – When aiming and shooting with the ntc, the first enemies it hits should be locked on and keep getting hit even if your not aiming at it coz the way it is now the ntc is cluncky and somewhat unusable however I still like the stance.

Blade and Whips

Defiled Snapdragon – The heavy attack should benefit from reach.

Whips & Warfans

Unfortunately, I don’t own these weapons but if their improvement you think they should have, give you feedback.

Exalted weapons

Excalibur

In the last hit of the ntc, decrease the time spent in the animation after the last swing, make the heavy attack send out a wave.

Valkyr

Get rid of the kicks from the fc and replace it with a new combo, make the heavy attack animation look like the animation from first heavy attack from the duel sword combo, when she blocks, make it visually put her arms in a x shape.

Wukong

Put the spinning bow combo (last combo) at the end of the ftc.

At the beginning of the nc add some new combos with some simple bow hits.

Make the second hit from the ftc lunge you further forward.

There is nothing unique about Wukongs staff so make it to when the combo multi racks up, it will increase the range of the staff.

Make the slam attack have the same visual animation from the last hit in the ntc.

Baruuk

In the nc, make enemies stagger instead of pushing them back.

Spoiler

·       The aiming radicle turns yellow to let you know you`re going to do a ground finisher.

·       One button press should represent one weapon swing. (currently there multiple hits in one button press)

·       Revert R2/RT (controller) back to being the block button.

·       Have the ability to lock-on to a single enemy in a 10m radius when blocking and aiming at the enemy. This will help with every stance attack animation to target the enemy.

·       There is a bug where mods that auto blocks knockdowns use the sword block animation. Make each weapon use the same animation as a normal block from that weapon type.

·       Finisher animation speed should not be dependant an attack speed mods, at base with no mods on this should be a quick animation.

·       When performing a wall attack, make the strike home-in on the enemy you`re aiming at within 15m.

·       Jumping also interrupts your attacks.

·       The sounds of impacting enemies with a melee weapons should be different. (striking flesh, metal armour)

·       There are some weapon finishers that has two parts to the animation and if the enemy can be killed in one hit, they will die in the first hit in the animation. Instead of that, make the first part take half of their health and the second part take the other part of their health. Two examples of weapons that have two finisher animations are katanas front finishers and heavy blades back finishers.

·       Stances that has the weapon thrown in the animation should have a reach of 7m.

Arial combos

Since DE added aerial attacks there is so much potential for this ability to be useful and fun. Here are some ideas to expand on this feature.

Spoiler

·       A charge attack while holding the block button will send enemies into the air.

·       Preforming different combos should do different things while in the air.

·       Button mashing will keep you in the air longer to perform more combos.

·       Preforming different combos should do different things while in the air.

·       Forward combo will make you and the enemy move in that direction.

·       The holding the attack button at any time will sent you and the enemy plummeting down to the ground dealing more damage to enemies.

·       Certain weapon types will have different outcomes for uniqueness e.g. heavy attacks while using a heavy blade will ragdoll multiple enemies while duel daggers will have a guaranteed increased critical chance by 15% and critical damage by 2.0.

·       Arial combos will include exalted melee weapons and will perform some unique actions;

Wukong – While preforming combos in the air, pressing the jump button will make him vault off the enemy making him jump higher in the air gives him an extra double jump.

Valkyre – She is able to perform charge attacks in the air which will do more damage with a 0.5 delay.

Excalibur – Preforming air combos will make him summon two exalted blades. (just visuals no bonus stats)

Baruuk – Holding the attack button will make him to perform a back-flip kick which sends the enemy in the direction the radical is facing, causing other enemies hit to be knocked down.

Abilities that can affect arial combat

·       Ash – He can teleport to an enemy in the air, preforming an air finisher then leaping off them. If you are able to prompted an air finisher, you will get an automatic finisher on the next enemy you teleport to.

·       Garuda - If the enemy is killed while in the air, they will be dismembered.

Devil trigger/rage mode

This mode should have a gauge that fill up by killing enemies, when the gauge is full the following happens;

·       The warframe`s energy colour is lit on until the gauge is empty.

·       The gauge lasts for 1 minute.

·       Increase melee weapon`s damage.

·       Increased attack speed.

·       Increase warframe`s movement speed.

·       Blocking while channelling will reflect damage back at enemies increasing critical, status chance, status damage and critical damage.

·       All these affects with also work with exalted melee weapons.

These are my opinions of things I want to see out of this, is there anything you guys want to see happen or add to this?

As someone already said, this doesn't belong in general discussion.  it should be in weapon feedback and will probably be moved there pretty soon.

I've organized these into roughly the same categories you had them in.

First off, totally agree that there should be more stances for and more weapons in certain weapon types.

"weapon animation improvements and more"

Spoiler

1 hour ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

Swords:

·       Note – The running animation when equipping should be put back the way it was.

Personally, I quite like the current running animation for swords and would rather not see it changed unless it's for stance-specific idle and movement animations.

Duel Swords:

·       Note - The finisher animation is great however it doesn’t suit it with duel swords

It suits dual swords just fine, the problem is with weapons like the dual kama.

Sword & Shields:

·       Blocking ability - Blocking should be able to block all incoming damage and the damage stored up should be released in any three attacks.

Three things to respond to here, first, blocking with melee (any melee) already blocks 100% of damage (just tested as I typed this to be sure).  Second, the blocked damage being stored up seems better as a unique trait for a single weapon, rather than something universal to a class.  Third the ragdoll is way too much, a stun might be okay, but being able to mass ragdoll enemies that easily is too much.

Sparring:

The Obex does this, which I'd imagine is where you got the idea.  it makes sense for the Obex, I'm not sure it would for others.

Whips:

·       Slide attack – Preforming this attack will hit multiple enemies and ragdoll them.

Not only does this really not make sense for whips to do, with the kind of range they have it would be way overpowered.

Exalted Weapons:

Wukong

·       Finishers – All Wukong`s animations for his staff should look different compared to other staffs.

This I 100% agree with, it's a problem with Exalted Blade too, it may also be the case of Baruuk's desert wind, but since I don't have him I'm not sure.  Besides this though, the only actual problem with exalted weapons right now is that they simply aren't as good as normal melee weapons.  This is mostly thanks to their mod selection being limited, which somewhat made sense when they inherited mods from melee weapons, but now that they're modded separately really doesn't anymore, but a lot of them could also just use a general buff.

I generally feel that the finisher animations are fine as they are.  the only one I really agree with you on is Scythes, I'd absolutely love the finisher you described if it is how I imagine it (I realize in the video is two scythes, but I feel like the basic idea is the same).

Tbh I prefer the old combo system minus when you had to move the triggers to the back and the side, if it could come back without those two combos I would like it even more.

Unfortunately, a very subjective topic, personally I much prefer the current state of the combo system, and I'm sure there are plenty of people who would agree with either one of us.

I'm going to be honest, I don't really understand a lot of you're stance feedback.  I can tell which ones you like, but when it comes to which ones need work you only say which combo is an issue, and not what the actual issue is, the only part I really understand is that you don't like Tranquil cleave and while I don't particularly like it either, that neutral combo is pure misery, I don't feel that that's enough reason to call for a change to it.  More than anything, I mostly want any stance that doesn't have a combo of all 4 types to get some added.  besides that, I honestly think most of them are fine as they are and very few of the changes you suggested would improve them.

"QOL improvements to melee"

Spoiler

·       One button press should represent one weapon swing. (currently there multiple hits in one button press)

Absolutely not, many weapons rely on having several hits per button press and removing that would make several weapon-types less effective.  this would basically be a direct reduction to QOL

·       Have the ability to lock-on to a single enemy in a 10m radius when blocking and aiming at the enemy. This will help with every stance attack animation to target the enemy.

This is all well and good as long as it can be disabled.  I can think of some situations where it would be helpful, but I fill like the times it would just slow thing down would outweigh that.

·       Each button press should equal one swing.

This is the same thing you said before, still no.

As far as QOL goes, two things you didn't mention, which I feel are absolutely essential, are that 1: autoblocking when melee is in it's half-equipped state should either be removed, or at least made so that it doesn't cause you to glide, and 2: when melee is fully equipped it should be possible to use your primary fire button as your melee attack.

I thought we already were in melee 3.0...

Also, I don't think any of these improvement would be worth having the devs spread their workforce even more. Melee is blender simulator, it's the best damaging tool in the game, no real need for any of those improvements.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

Hold ctrrl & F to see the following points;

New Stances & weapons

Arial combos

Devil trigger/rage mode

After melee 2.9, this warframe mod does nothing to benefit using melee because the channelling mechanic has been removed. Here are some ideas to improve reflection;

·       At base 1,000 damage is reflected at attackers while blocking.

·       The damage can be increased based on the combo multiplier.

·       This work an exalted melee weapons.

·       Option - either make it a melee mod OR make able to go into the eximus mod slot.

New Stances & weapons

When melee 3.0 comes out, it would be great if they could bring out some new stance mods for them, two at least. There are some weapons I really want to use but the stances are not that good which to me no matter how strong the weapon is, the stances let it down.

Here are some weapons that needs some new stances;

Reveal hidden contents

·       Sparring

·       Staff

·       Whip

·       Nunchaku

·       Warfans

·       Sword and Shield

·       Scythe

·       Tonfas

·       Blade and Whip

·       Rapier

Hopefully DE can also make some more new unique weapons, maybe take some inspiration from RWBY`s weapon arsenal.

Weapons I would like to see more of;

Reveal hidden contents

·       Claws

·       Scythes Blade and Whips

·       Staffs

·       Katanas

·       Dual katanas

·       Daggers

·       Duel Daggers

·       Sparring

·       Machetes

·       Warfans

Reveal hidden contents

Swords:

·       Note – The running animation when equipping should be put back the way it was. At the moment, it looks like the frame is getting ready to charge for a finishing strike.

Katnas:

·       Note - One thing I would like to see is, for them to be used out of the sheath when equipped. (which I see people talk about)

Duel Swords:

·       Note - The finisher animation is great however it doesn’t suit it with duel swords. The animation could be the frame turning his back to the enemy stabbing them with both swords making an x with them.

·       Note – I would like to see duel katanas in the future that used duel sword stances.

Heavy Blades:

Sword & Shields:

·       New ground slam – The animation is the warframe divebombing the shield into the ground.

Rapiers:

·       New slide attack – Instead of a swipe, the animation should be a thrust that knocks the enemy off its feet.

Machetes:

·       New back finisher – The animation should be a diagonal slash. This animation make sense for the prova or any future blunt weapons.

Claws:

·       New front finisher – The animation is the frame doing an uppercut stab in the neck then the other hand slashing the enemy’s neck. This makes it different from the back finisher.

Tonfas:

·       New ground finisher – It should have the frame shoving both ends of the tonfa into the enemy. This make sense tonfas are mostly blunt weapons.

·       Glitch - They are glitched and held wrong in the warframe`s hand when extracting while have it equipped.

Scythes:

·       New back finisher – The animation puts the enemy on their knees, puts the blade to their necks and pulls back. This will look like its preforming an execution.

Glaives:

·       Note - After the first hit, it should be able to seek out and hit enemies more often. The best weapons that does this successfully is Nezha`s 2nd ability, the falcor and the phahd scaffold.

·       Note - When the glaive comes back to you, the glaive should come back to striking the enemy you are aiming at with the radical.

·       Note - After throwing the glaive, instead of the warframe being disarmed the warframe should be able to switch back to use your secondary weapon until it comes back to you.

Warfans:

·       Slide & air attacks – Preforming them should cause to hit multiple enemies with a ragdoll or a stagger.

Hammers:

·       Slide Attack - Preforming this should send enemies flying across the room.

Fists:

·       Slide Attack – A successful hit should uppercut the enemy up into the air.

Sparring:

Staffs:

·       Front Finisher – The animation should be where the warframe spins round with the staff which knocks them out.

Polearms:

·       Fix: When performing a finisher, the weapon looks like it has shrunken in size.

Whips:

·       Note: I don`t own any whips so I’m just going to talk about what I would like to see from this.

·       Charge attack – The first attack make spin in a spiral, hitting multiple enemies in front and behind you and knocks them down and the second charge attack pulls an enemy towards you.

·       Air attack – The causes to strike straight down the middle striking either one or more enemies.

Exalted Weapons:

Wukong

·       New ground slam – the animation is wukong hanging onto a massive version of his staff slamming the end of it into the ground like one of his combos.

·       Unique ability – Pressing the secondary fire while aiming at an enemy will jab his staff into the dealing damage and pull Wukong to them doing a flykick closing the gap.

·       Visuals – Since it`s a unique weapon, it visually should reflect its uniqueness.

·       Glitch - When preforming the animation with no weapons equipped, you can`t see the staff. (this has been like this ever since he was released)

Valkyr

·       New charge attack – Preforming this will show Valkyr with her arm out in a V shape and then both claws slashing the enemy in front of her causing a knockdown and a slash proc.

Key:

Neutral Combo (melee attack) – nc

Neutral Tactical Combo (block & attack) – ntc

Forward Combo (forward attack) – fc

Forward Tactical Combo (Forward, block & attack) – ftc

Need New Combo – nnc

Simple slash attacks - ssa

Reveal hidden contents

Swords

Iron Phoenix – ntc nnc

Crimson Dervish – ntc nnc

Vengeful Revenant – Very good combos

Swooping Falcon – Very good combos

Dual Swords

Crossing Snake -

Swirling Tiger – ntc nnc

Carving Mantis - Vgc

Nikanas

Tranquil Cleaver - stance I don’t like (sidl)

Decicive Judgement –

Blind Justice - vgc

Two-Handed Nikanas

Wise Razor – The three slashes and the end of the stance should be swapped with the jump spin being last in the combo. Vgc ntc nnc

Daggers

Pointed Wind – ntc nnc ftc nnc

Homing fang –ntc nnc vgc

Dual Daggers

Gnashing Payara – The nc is too slow and it should be the ntc and the nc nnc

Sinking Talon – nc and nnc nnc

Spinning Needle – The nc needs ssa, the ntc should not leave enemy suspended, the flip it use to have should be at the end of the ftc.

Machetes

Cyclone Kraken – The first hit in the nc is too slow and should have ssa,

Fists

Seismic Palm – The two hits from the fc should swap with the first hit from the nc.

Fracturing Wing – The first two hits in the fc or the multi hits from the ftc should swap with the two hits from the nc making it have a simple punch attack.

Gaia`s Tragedy - The nc should have simple punch attacks

Sparring

Grim Fury – ntc nnc

Brutal Tide – ntc nnc fc nnc

Glaives

Gleaming Talon – nc should be the ntc and nc nnc.

Staves

Clashing Forest - The nc should be the ntc and the nc nnc with simple bow hits.

Flailing Branch – The nc should be the ntc and the nc nnc with simple bow hits.

Polearms

Shimmering Blight - ntc nnc with simple hits.

Bleeding Willow – ntc nnc, the fc looks to similar to the nc and nnc.

Scythes

Reaping Spiral – The nc should be the ntc and nc nnc with ssa. vgc

Stalking Fan – ntc nnc

Heavy Blades

Cleaving Whirlwind – Get rid of stagger from the fc and in add a new hit ant the end. vgc

Tempo Royale – The nc should be the ntc and nc nnc with ssa.

Claws

Malicious Raptor – The two hits from the fc should swap places with the multi slashes in the middle of the nc.

Four Riders

Vermilion Storm

Swords and Shields

Final Harbinger – The nc should swap places with the fc, in the ftc throwing the shield she swap places with the jump spin attack.

Tonfas

Gemini Cross – The first hit is too slow and should be replaces with ssa. sidl

Sovereign Outcast – At the beginning of the nc, it should have a new combo with simple hits.

Gunblades

Bullet Dance – When aiming and shooting with the ntc, the first enemies it hits should be locked on and keep getting hit even if your not aiming at it coz the way it is now the ntc is cluncky and somewhat unusable however I still like the stance.

Blade and Whips

Defiled Snapdragon – The heavy attack should benefit from reach.

Whips & Warfans

Unfortunately, I don’t own these weapons but if their improvement you think they should have, give you feedback.

Exalted weapons

Excalibur

In the last hit of the ntc, decrease the time spent in the animation after the last swing, make the heavy attack send out a wave.

Valkyr

Get rid of the kicks from the fc and replace it with a new combo, make the heavy attack animation look like the animation from first heavy attack from the duel sword combo, when she blocks, make it visually put her arms in a x shape.

Wukong

Put the spinning bow combo (last combo) at the end of the ftc.

At the beginning of the nc add some new combos with some simple bow hits.

Make the second hit from the ftc lunge you further forward.

There is nothing unique about Wukongs staff so make it to when the combo multi racks up, it will increase the range of the staff.

Make the slam attack have the same visual animation from the last hit in the ntc.

Baruuk

In the nc, make enemies stagger instead of pushing them back.

Reveal hidden contents

·       The aiming radicle turns yellow to let you know you`re going to do a ground finisher.

·       Revert R2/RT (controller) back to being the block button.

·       There is a bug where mods that auto blocks knockdowns use the sword block animation. Make each weapon use the same animation as a normal block from that weapon type.

·       Have the ability to lock-on to a single enemy in a 20m radius when blocking and aiming at the enemy. This will help with every stance attack animation to target the enemy.

·       Finisher animation speed should not be dependant an attack speed mods, at base with no mods on this should be a quick animation.

·       When performing a wall attack, make the strike home-in on the enemy you`re aiming at within 15m.

·       Jumping also interrupts your attacks.

·       Each button press should equal one swing.

·       The sounds of impacting enemies with a melee weapons should be different. (striking flesh, metal armour)

·       There are some weapon finishers that has two parts to the animation and if the enemy can be killed in one hit, they will die in the first hit in the animation. Instead of that, make the first part take half of their health and the second part take the other part of their health. Two examples of weapons that have two finisher animations are katanas front finishers and heavy blades back finishers.

·       Stances that has the weapon thrown in the animation should have a reach of 7m.

·       When using a mod that auto blocks knockdowns, the animation is the warframe blocking like it`s using a sword. Make each weapon use the same animation as a normal block.

Arial combos

Since DE added aerial attacks there is so much potential for this ability to be useful and fun. Here are some ideas to expand on this feature.

Reveal hidden contents

·       A charge attack while holding the block button will send enemies into the air.

·       Button mashing will keep you in the air longer to perform more combos.

·       Forward combo will make you and the enemy move in that direction.

·       The holding the attack button at any time will sent you and the enemy plummeting down to the ground dealing more damage to enemies.

·       Certain weapon types will have different outcomes for uniqueness e.g. heavy attacks while using a heavy blade will ragdoll multiple enemies while duel daggers will have a guaranteed increased critical chance by 15% and critical damage by 2.0.

·       Arial combos will include exalted melee weapons and will perform some unique actions;

Wukong – While preforming combos in the air, pressing the jump button will make him vault off the enemy making him jump higher in the air gives him an extra double jump.

Valkyre – She is able to perform charge attacks in the air which will do more damage with a 0.5 delay.

Excalibur – Preforming air combos will make him summon two exalted blades. (just visuals no bonus stats)

Baruuk – Holding the attack button will make him to perform a back-flip kick which sends the enemy in the direction the radical is facing, causing other enemies hit to be knocked down.

Abilities that can affect arial combat

·       Ash – He can teleport to an enemy in the air, preforming an air finisher then leaping off them. If you are able to prompted an air finisher, you will get an automatic finisher on the next enemy you teleport to.

·       Garuda - If the enemy is killed while in the air, they will be dismembered.

Devil trigger/rage mode

This mode should have a gauge that fill up by killing enemies, when the gauge is full the following happens;

·       The warframe`s energy colour is lit on until the gauge is empty.

·       The gauge lasts for 1 minute.

·       Increase melee weapon`s damage.

·       Increased attack speed.

·       Increase warframe`s movement speed.

·       Blocking while channelling will reflect damage back at enemies increasing critical, status chance, status damage and critical damage.

·       All these affects with also work with exalted melee weapons.

These are my opinions of things I want to see out of this, is there anything you guys want to see happen or add to this?

feedback section

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

Even through it`s an unpopular opinion, I would like for melee to have combos like the old God of war or Darksiders games like that. I would enjoy it more of they did that, they could even include air attacks like I mentioned on the post.

The problem is most enemies die too fast for us to benefit from this. 

10 hours ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

The problem is most enemies die too fast for us to benefit from this. 

Yes but that also goes for the current melee system the issues is the meta if it wasn't for that ppl wouldn't be modding for damage all the time. Also, steel path could of helped with this but unfortunately it doesn't work with syndicate, kuva litch or fissure missions, I would of like for it to have the ability to have an ingame simulacrum where before you start a mission of any type, you could pick the level of enemies you want to go up against.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2020-10-06 at 2:57 PM, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

Nope. Some multi attack combos might be nice.

On 2020-10-06 at 2:57 PM, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

+1

As for aerial - it sounds kind of nice.

As for the rest:

In my opinion new animations or stances won't help current melee system. It needs some basic change.

- Making 4 ways to do a combo (E, Forward + E, Block + E, Forward + Block + E) was a good start. However it could be improved. All movement should matter and move you to that direction. Attacks without directions shouldn't move you, or at least be small movement (one exception might be Block + E of Bullet dance).

- Each weapons should make something different. It doesn't really matter what weapon I choice (unless it's a zaw or it has some unique feature, like the Vitrica) because all attacks are almost the same. There should be more difference between weapons. I only remember Glaives, Hammers, Heavy blades (the "slow combo" look nice), Gunblades and... the rest.

- Slide & Aerial attacks of each weapon type should be different as well.

- Stances should be complete and have different styles. Now I either pick stances that feels more natural or have more combos.

Now most weapons looks good (some are just beautiful) but game-play-wise are just meh.

On 2020-11-27 at 9:39 PM, quxier said:

-snip-

The animation won`t help but it would make them better to look at remember the most important thing is that is fun and that includes visually.

Aerial attacks is something that is possible, maybe their can be a button to where you can throw enemies up in the air or make lifted enemies be higher for funs sake.

Yh tbh I preferred the old melee (besides the left melee combo) coz it was like GOW combos the only reason it ws changes was coz ppl are too lazy to pull off combos.

57 minutes ago, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

Yh tbh I preferred the old melee (besides the left melee combo) coz it was like GOW combos the only reason it ws changes was coz ppl are too lazy to pull off combos.

In my opinion old combos was just random button smash. There were no reason why you need to press certain keys for a combo. Now, excluding some of normal & forward combo, if you press forward you move forward, if you don't press it won't move a frame forward.
If being lazy means "don't want to remember random key presses" then yes, I'm lazy. I'm proud to be lazy.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

The animation won`t help but it would make them better to look at remember the most important thing is that is fun and that includes visually.

Visuals are important but we are talking about game not some interactive fiction or movie. In games you expect that what are you doing and holding is meaningful and is reasonable complex. If you shoot some some fire at an enemy you expect the enemy to be on fire. Depending on game complexity (e.g. old vs new games) you can see some icon telling you that the enemy is on fire. Or it could show you it to you visually (e.g. a frame on fire with Hyeka masters flamethrower).

Now visuals are great but they are doing the same few things (there are exceptions). There is no point in improving animations when they will be doing the same thing. It's like a one combo attack from a Warfan stance (not sure if it's still there). You basically stand still and wave yourself. It looks nice... but it's just waste of time.

On 2020-10-19 at 4:41 PM, Famecans said:

WSBLz92.png

GOOD HEAVENS, NOT THIS AGAIN. 

Trying to make Waframe like DMC/AC/Path of Exile/insert-other-game-being-shoddily-copied-here is precisely what confusticated and scrambled a perfectly functional and once-enjoyable close-combat system into the mess Melee 3.0 is. 

Take it from a former melee main, and a former Warframe player, because this whole miserable year of even crappier changes finally broke the camel's metaphorical back:

I didn't want it to be any of those games. I didn't want the fundamental experience I used to enjoy to change. I wanted Stances with only two or three combos to finally be expanded to four. I wanted slams that remained a subtle wave effect and weapon-trails that weren't blinding, obnoxious streaks. I wanted forty other reasonable things that DE completely ripped out and then danced on the smoking corpse of, because clearly OLD =/= BAD. I wanted Warframe melee combat to stay Warframe melee combat. But we couldn't have fun in the mysterious new shareholders' grand vision, could we?!

Rather than fix the tiny handful of issues that the community agreed on, they completely abolished the fundamental aspects of Melee to give an even clumsier mess that wasn't worth using and has lamer moves as a whole. To say nothing of abominable visuals.

You know what I want out of this hot mess, assuming the other issues in graphics, UI "iMpRoVeMeNtS", and the ever-mounting grind without fun get fixed?

You know what I want Melee 3.0 to do?

I WANT THIS ENTIRE MESS TO STILL BE MELEE 2.0. And, like any other issue the past 2.5 years, DE's apparently decided that they'd rather blindly listen to their new financial backers, rather than actually read their own blasted forums that are allegedly specifically here so we can tell them if we're unsatisfied and something needs tweaking in-game.

5 hours ago, Maxim_M_Payne said:

GOOD HEAVENS, NOT THIS AGAIN. 

Trying to make Waframe like DMC/AC/Path of Exile/insert-other-game-being-shoddily-copied-here is precisely what confusticated and scrambled a perfectly functional and once-enjoyable close-combat system into the mess Melee 3.0 is. 

Take it from a former melee main, and a former Warframe player, because this whole miserable year of even crappier changes finally broke the camel's metaphorical back:

I didn't want it to be any of those games. I didn't want the fundamental experience I used to enjoy to change. I wanted Stances with only two or three combos to finally be expanded to four. I wanted slams that remained a subtle wave effect and weapon-trails that weren't blinding, obnoxious streaks. I wanted forty other reasonable things that DE completely ripped out and then danced on the smoking corpse of, because clearly OLD =/= BAD. I wanted Warframe melee combat to stay Warframe melee combat. But we couldn't have fun in the mysterious new shareholders' grand vision, could we?!

Rather than fix the tiny handful of issues that the community agreed on, they completely abolished the fundamental aspects of Melee to give an even clumsier mess that wasn't worth using and has lamer moves as a whole. To say nothing of abominable visuals.

You know what I want out of this hot mess, assuming the other issues in graphics, UI "iMpRoVeMeNtS", and the ever-mounting grind without fun get fixed?

You know what I want Melee 3.0 to do?

I WANT THIS ENTIRE MESS TO STILL BE MELEE 2.0. And, like any other issue the past 2.5 years, DE's apparently decided that they'd rather blindly listen to their new financial backers, rather than actually read their own blasted forums that are allegedly specifically here so we can tell them if we're unsatisfied and something needs tweaking in-game.

I understand you friend, in this case I am only referring to the combo system that is meaningless in gameplay, you can only accumulate critical damage or status chance and nothing else ... the combo does not benefit anyone in the squad and all players are hunting and devouring enemies in hordes to accumulate those points

yes it is as you just mentioned, today the current melee problem that displeases the veteran player and will mess up this combo system are the stances, you make a sequence of blows but you don't know what the doll will do next because DE created random animations for most stances

the player makes a sequence by pressing just E but the character makes random strokes, jumping, moving forward, doing somersaults in awkward places and the worst, "with different hit timers". The player cannot memorize these random movements, the animation happens without the player foreseeing, you miss striking enemies, the character advances to a place you don't want, you cannot interrupt this animation and is attacked by enemies from behind.

the solution I imagine is to go back, something similar to the animations of melee v2.0 ... sequentially pressing the E key will repeat the same hit time (some good instances are still like this), if the character moves forward or backwards striking the timer hit will be the same, this will improve the gameplay, the function of the stance is to "add animations and special moves" but these special moves are done only with a "combination of buttons", the special animations of the stance is for "status" forced tics "or" accumulate specific elemental status ticks "(for elementals I don't know how this should happen but it's an idea), the combo counter should go up 1X" only "if the player uses a" different "combination from the previous combination, and finally and most importantly the combo needs to "benefit the game significantly" I don't want to make red critics if my frame is fragile and can't get close to enemies. The ideas for combo counter? temporary health in the area or for the player himself, life support for the squad, force orb drops of energy or health of the enemies, temporary resistance to damage in the area or for the player himself, efficient temporary evasion in the area or for the player himself. ..

the game can go back to how it was before, I already mentioned a solution for nuclear AoE players and it is not banal, nuclear players make the game become that, DE modified several stances to avoid "spin to win" players but this still happens differently but it happens

3 hours ago, Famecans said:

~some stuffs~

It's like you are describing old system. That was random button smashing. Now at least you can reliably execute half of combos. Forward & Normal combos might be swapped - this way you can execute probably 100% reliably.
Please don't suggest to going back to that system. Who wants to memorize random key presses (+ pauses) to do basic things?! This is not where "challenge" comes.

Look at how games like Bloodrayne 2 or Prince of persia (the old one, in 3d) do this. They are not perfect but the basics are very solid. your movement defines your attacks (e.g. you move forward - you attack what's in front of you). They have other keys for other action (bloodsucking & special combos that increase your combo meter for Bloodrayne 2 AND blocks for POP). The key challenge is not to memorize certain key combinations. You memorize the basic combat in no time. The challenge is execute it correctly. You cannot just smash random button and expect to beat all enemies. You have to memorize their attack patterns and what you can do with them (e.g. you cannot jump on certain enemies in POP).
If you want to make better melee, make players memorize enemies instead of keys.
I know that those games are different but I would like WF to go in that direction rather than "I memorize random key combination and I win" kind of thing that you suggested (in some part of your post).

18 hours ago, quxier said:

It's like you are describing old system. That was random button smashing. Now at least you can reliably execute half of combos. Forward & Normal combos might be swapped - this way you can execute probably 100% reliably.
Please don't suggest to going back to that system. Who wants to memorize random key presses (+ pauses) to do basic things?! This is not where "challenge" comes.

Look at how games like Bloodrayne 2 or Prince of persia (the old one, in 3d) do this. They are not perfect but the basics are very solid. your movement defines your attacks (e.g. you move forward - you attack what's in front of you). They have other keys for other action (bloodsucking & special combos that increase your combo meter for Bloodrayne 2 AND blocks for POP). The key challenge is not to memorize certain key combinations. You memorize the basic combat in no time. The challenge is execute it correctly. You cannot just smash random button and expect to beat all enemies. You have to memorize their attack patterns and what you can do with them (e.g. you cannot jump on certain enemies in POP).
If you want to make better melee, make players memorize enemies instead of keys.
I know that those games are different but I would like WF to go in that direction rather than "I memorize random key combination and I win" kind of thing that you suggested (in some part of your post).

no no no forgiveness tenno friend, you did not understand me, the problem I mentioned is not the presence of these animations, the problem I mentioned is the randomness of the "timer hit" present in the sequence E, E, E, E, E ...

there is no consistency of hit, there is no control of the gameplay, most of the time some stances make the character miss the first blow on very close enemies, for example:

Melee: Okina | Stance: Gnashing Payara

Get as close as possible to an enemy and the first hit pressing E key only once, the enemy will be in front of you but your character will retreat backwards and make that awkward and long animation, experiment on a normal mission with enemies moving and you will see that most of the time you will miss the first hit because the hit time is long and inconsistent, now try the same stance with "Keep W" and sequence "EEEE E ..." you will see q in this animation the "timer hit "it is consistent and simple, the animation is fast and predictable, it is ideal to hit a nearby enemy but you are walking forward, if and the enemy is near a door with alarms you will miss

there are other worse stances like nikanas, you press E and your character moves forward to hit an enemy that is already close to you, you hit the enemy but you fall on a cliff as it is not possible to press S to walk backwards while character is moving forward in a long animation

look at the incredible numbers of ninkond prime, now go try the ninkond stance and you will see that this melee is bad, there is no hit time control because the animations look like a ballet, you get lost in the combat area when the stance pushes you towards front of the crowd

any experienced player can predict whether the next prime launch will be a good or bad melee just by recognizing its type of stance, there are many good weapons with bad stances and the main problem with this is the "timer hit" and these uncontrolled animations

I don't know what DE needs to do because the melee 3.0 has not yet been presented but what I do know is that this combo counter is increasing as we hit enemies, but the animation for hit cannot fail if we are aiming, and if you miss you cannot commit suicide our character

9 hours ago, Famecans said:

there is no consistency of hit, there is no control of the gameplay, most of the time some stances make the character miss the first blow on very close enemies, for example:

Melee: Okina | Stance: Gnashing Payara

Get as close as possible to an enemy and the first hit pressing E key only once, the enemy will be in front of you but your character will retreat backwards and make that awkward and long animation, experiment on a normal mission with enemies moving and you will see that most of the time you will miss the first hit because the hit time is long and inconsistent, now try the same stance with "Keep W" and sequence "EEEE E ..." you will see q in this animation the "timer hit "it is consistent and simple, the animation is fast and predictable, it is ideal to hit a nearby enemy but you are walking forward, if and the enemy is near a door with alarms you will miss

I've tried that. I hit every single Corrupted Heavy gunner (wrong enemy?).

9 hours ago, Famecans said:

there are other worse stances like nikanas, you press E and your character moves forward to hit an enemy that is already close to you, you hit the enemy but you fall on a cliff as it is not possible to press S to walk backwards while character is moving forward in a long animation

I don't remember if you could cancel it by rolling but it's still a stance. A stance should have pros and cons. You simply just need to choice right action.

10 hours ago, Famecans said:

any experienced player can predict whether the next prime launch will be a good or bad melee just by recognizing its type of stance, there are many good weapons with bad stances and the main problem with this is the "timer hit" and these uncontrolled animations

I might not be master but I like to play with melees a lot. I don't think there are many weapons with no usable stance. In most cases what's matter are stats and unique features.

10 hours ago, Famecans said:

look at the incredible numbers of ninkond prime, now go try the ninkond stance and you will see that this melee is bad, there is no hit time control because the animations look like a ballet, you get lost in the combat area when the stance pushes you towards front of the crowd

What? I've tried it and it's fine (I don't remember its damage because I find most weapons boring). Like most other melees.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020-10-06 at 1:57 PM, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

Two-Handed Nikanas

Wise Razor – The three slashes and the end of the stance should be swapped with the jump spin being last in the combo.

It looks like my suggestion has happened, this is good now I can have fun with the stance again. I hope my suggestions will be integrated in the future. 

Archived