Jump to content
Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Choose When to Activate Boosters?


Recommended Posts

So I had a thought this morning, I really hate when I log into WF before work just to craft a Forma or something and I get a 9 hour booster as a login reward, because it gets completely wasted while I’m at work.

Obviously the simple answer is just don’t log in if you can’t play for very long, but sometimes I just need to do a few quick things and log off. Is there any reason DE can’t let us just put these in our inventory and activate them when we need them? I think that would be pretty sweet and it wouldn’t affect booster sales because you’re still getting your one freebie, just activating it later.

Also, I know the booster length increases as your login days increase so if I play long enough this will eventually be a non-issue.

Edit: They could also limit 1 login booster in your inventory at a time to prevent players from stocking them up over time and then using them all at once.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, I kind of agree with this, I wish the log in reward boosters and all reward type boosters where sent to us in the mail. I mean the booster that was given out last weekend for affinity how many could not even use it as they are not able to log in on weekends as weekends are not "their" weekend so rewards would be much better if sent via in game mail.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 38 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face:

So I had a thought this morning, I really hate when I log into WF before work just to craft a Forma or something and I get a 9 hour booster as a login reward, because it gets completely wasted while I’m at work.

Obviously the simple answer is just don’t log in if you can’t play for very long, but sometimes I just need to do a few quick things and log off.

The simple answer is to get the Companion App on your phone and craft from there. Doesn't adress the issue, but solves your particular problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I doubt it would ever happen just because they are free boosters and the duration of boosters scales with login count. F2P etc etc.

If anything I could maybe see a type of "booster voucher" reward added to the pool. Something with a fixed duration of a few hours you can redeem within some time window.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would change the booster from x days to x missions.

When you buy booster by plat you get +x missions boosted by it (reward screens), you can stack it infinitly.

When you get booster from login reward you get +x mission boosted by it, but it stack only to given cap (like 10-20 missions) and it should be used before the plat one. This way you wont abuse the system and login till you stack 100 missions to boost.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Krankbert said:

The simple answer is to get the Companion App on your phone and craft from there. Doesn't adress the issue, but solves your particular problem.

Irritatingly the app is apparently broken for a number of PS4+Android users.  Like me.  I used to use it quite often, but as of late it presents a broken login screen that nobody knows how to fix.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

I get a 9 hour booster as a login reward, because it gets completely wasted while I’m at work.

the Booster duration goes up, either through logins or MR. Boosters I get are 55 hours (over 2 days for free! always nice!), so eventually you will be able to log on and your booster will still be there for a little while.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

the Booster duration goes up, either through logins or MR. Boosters I get are 55 hours (over 2 days for free! always nice!), so eventually you will be able to log on and your booster will still be there for a little while.

Pretty sure it’s login days because I’m MR19 and mine have barely gone up. But yes, I can’t wait until mine last at least a day so I can take advantage in the evenings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

he Booster duration goes up, either through logins or MR. Boosters I get are 55 hours (over 2 days for free! always nice!), so eventually you will be able to log on and your booster will still be there for a little while

Yeah its by days logged in.  i'm somewhwere around 1730 days of logins and get 56 hours on a booster..  still loose most of that time to Work/Sleep requirements.  I'd rather the time on the booster just didnt run down while you werent logged in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, herflik said:

I would change the booster from x days to x missions.

 

 

that would be horribly abused.

If you think Endless Mission Ophelia AFK overnight farming was bad before...

Just imagine how many more of that kind of exploit would be encouraged by a Booster that lasts forever so long as you don't leave mission.....

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

it wouldn’t affect booster sales because you’re still getting your one freebie, just activating it later.
 

Well, It kinda would affect sales, from DE's perspective. They're counting on a good percentage of players not fully utilizing the 'free' boosters*; so it doesn't dip too hard into the purchased ones. Controlled activation would increase how much of them actually get redeemed...

*(lets them appear generous, by giving something 'free'; but knowing full well that most peoples schedules mean they won't use more than a hour of it at most...)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

So I had a thought this morning, I really hate when I log into WF before work just to craft a Forma or something and I get a 9 hour booster as a login reward, because it gets completely wasted while I’m at work.

Obviously the simple answer is just don’t log in if you can’t play for very long, but sometimes I just need to do a few quick things and log off. Is there any reason DE can’t let us just put these in our inventory and activate them when we need them? I think that would be pretty sweet and it wouldn’t affect booster sales because you’re still getting your one freebie, just activating it later.

Also, I know the booster length increases as your login days increase so if I play long enough this will eventually be a non-issue.

Edit: They could also limit 1 login booster in your inventory at a time to prevent players from stocking them up over time and then using them all at once.

Here's the deal, F2P games want people to play as often as possible, and spend time in the game. They're giving you free boosters to encourage that, so you can either take 'em and use them, or don't. It's up to you. Allowing you to hoard them, even if it's just one, isn't really in their best interests.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Here's the deal, F2P games want people to play as often as possible, and spend time in the game. They're giving you free boosters to encourage that, so you can either take 'em and use them, or don't. It's up to you. Allowing you to hoard them, even if it's just one, isn't really in their best interests.

 

I completely understand the “deal”. I don’t think this would affect things to much, but you’re right, it really doesn’t benefit them to let us hang onto them so it’s really a selfish request that will likely never happen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

I completely understand the “deal”. I don’t think this would affect things to much, but you’re right, it really doesn’t benefit them to let us hang onto them so it’s really a selfish request that will likely never happen. 

I think that if you already had a (non-daily tribute) booster the ones you get just add to the clock. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

 

that would be horribly abused.

If you think Endless Mission Ophelia AFK overnight farming was bad before...

Just imagine how many more of that kind of exploit would be encouraged by a Booster that lasts forever so long as you don't leave mission.....

 

Being able to farm a mission for long duration of time (so crafting strong build) is not an exploit.

If there is possible AFK farming as you mentiod then it is problem of game balance and not of a booster.

Solve problems in their root, because method you present is really poor in managing anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...