Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Neptune is confirmed to be one of the next Railjack Regions.

DrivaMain

It's pretty interesting that the article is showing these pictures in relation to The New War too. Might be that whatever they're doing involves Corpus stealing sentient tech to terraform with, the sentients were terraformers, after all

1 hour ago, (PSN)Gentleman_Raven_ said:

Yay! I hope they do justice to Railjack, it has such potential that clearly has not been reached. I want to see mission variety and enemy faction variety to really open up Railjack!

Railjack really has a lot of options for this too, thanks to the boarding mechanics and three gameplay styles.

Mini-boss enemies that require a board to take down from the inside, defense missions that have waves alternate between boarding for boots-on-the-ground and spacebound battles (as well as repairs for the defense objective!), perhaps blockade runs where enemies are trying to steal something in your cargo hold, or more advanced versions of existing sabotage-style missions. Archwing integration also exists - is there any reason why archwing tiles can't be loaded as points of interest, for example? Perhaps arch-versions of existing skirmishes, where you load in on the Railjack, but Cy says "Cool your jets. Heavy anti-crewship guns detected. Fortunately, Warframe sensor shielding will prevent them from locking onto you. Deploy archwing, disable the turrets, then return to the Railjack and destroy the target." From there you archwing around the defended zone, take out mini points of interest to disable the defenses, whilst fighting archwing-scale enemies then roll up in the 'jack to curb-stomp them as hard as crewships curb-stomp archwings now.

Plus the potential for existing game types to be transplanted. Imagine 'Kuva Deliveries', the Railjack equivilent to siphons which behave the same way. If a planet has kuva siphons, its RJ equivalent will have Deliveries scattered around the nodes, where you intercept a ship filled with Kuva Guardians and other Kuva troop and plunder the Kuva in a similar quantity to a siphon or flood. Perhaps void storms with different relic cracking mechanics? Perhaps finding void-affected areas in the environment to get reactant whilst being shaken and having systems fail due to the storm's influence.

12 hours ago, DrivaMain said:
12 hours ago, CaptainMinty said:

DE excels in art, but mediocre at gameplay. Well I don't blame them because they admit most of their team are artists.

This. When I see movies or images of the game I'm sometimes in awe. Lots of stuffs looks great. In the actual game I need some options not maxed.

Railjack needs considerably more work on it's gameplay loop and fundamentals before another map will excite. I would even argue that it's dead content until they streamline and automate all the boring parts and make it soloable.

Knowing DE though, they will gate something important (at the time) behind it to create the illusion of engagement and then make that reward available elsewhere once the novelty wears off. Erra?

This looks really nice, but I want to reiterate that whatever they plan with Railjack going forward, they absolutely must all the planets worth visiting beyond one-off farming location specific drops. Saturn right now is my favourite backdrop, yet only Veil Proxima remains worthwhile farming for me.

I think the MK 1-3 system was a mistake and should be scrapped altogether.

29 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Last Devstream, they are mentioning Corpus Nemesis and Lich Railjack Assasination comes with Corpus Railjack. But as always do not expect more than that, but I recommend to expect less.

Did they say 'along with' Corpus Railjack? Just to be absolutely clear.

16 hours ago, _Euphoria_ said:

Railjack has so much potential, theu just need to make it so it is a bit more tied to other parts of the game with it’s rewards and such so there is more incentive to keep playing

I really want this. Even putting new set mods inside the floating towers for now.

20 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Okay Grammar Police, I’ll readjust..

I was asking if the statement was accurate, so that the expectations can be accurate. As you say, don't expect anything more, and if we continue to say 'along with' if that wasn't what was said, people will get inaccurate expectations.

Archived