Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primes and Signature Weapons

Sevek7

Now that all Warframes released without signature weapons have been primed, do you think that all future prime warframes will be released with (two of) their corresponding primed signature weapons? For example: Octavia was released with Tenora and Pandero, do you expect Tenora Prime and Pandero Prime to be released with Octavia Prime? 

Personally, I hope not. I enjoy the mystery of not knowing exactly what prime weapons are coming next. There are also plenty of Tenno weapons that aren't signatures that would essentially be never primed if signatures are prioritized from here on. [Still waiting for Furis Prime!]

Let me know what you think :)

I'd be completely content with Primes being dedicated to the signature weapons, if it's opening up non-signature weapons to other types of weapon variants, like Ceti/Wraith/Vandal. 

I can understand enjoying the mystery behind what weapons will come, but I do really enjoy the overall consistent theme of a warframe and their weapons.

I once proposed for Octavia Prime to have a Prime Sonic archgun (as a 40k fan, I always wanted to play as a Noise Marine), and have it "sing" in a different tone every time you start firing, from Do to Si. I envisioned it as a beam weapon with Plasmor like AoE, dealing pure Impact damage (akin to the Sonicor). 

3 minutes ago, Hierarch777 said:

I once proposed for Octavia Prime to have a Prime Sonic archgun (as a 40k fan, I always wanted to play as a Noise Marine), and have it "sing" in a different tone every time you start firing, from Do to Si. I envisioned it as a beam weapon with Plasmor like AoE, dealing pure Impact damage (akin to the Sonicor). 

I remember seeing that post too, I couldn't help but think of the dubstep gun from Saints row when I saw it lol.

35 minutes ago, Sevek7 said:

some weapons would still break the chain so to speak, as an example, Rubico originally came with Ivara but got primed with Chroma instead, because Baza has a good synergy with her. I'd be fine with tenora and Pandero being primed, especially is the Tenora Prime gets multiple rotating barrels because DEAR GOD WHY IS THERE NO PROPER MINIGUN IN WARFRAME YET?!

26 minutes ago, Hierarch777 said:

I could also see that as being kind of annoying, especially if it's loud and goign at the same time as Octavia's music.. just a dreadful cacophony of ear-shredding noise..

21 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

At least one of the signatures should be primed

Most Warframes that have Signature weapons only have one. It's just that the next two Primes have multiple(Octavia having two and Gara having a full arsenal, which is going to make things very interesting with her PA). 

1 minute ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Most Warframes that have Signature weapons only have one. It's just that the next two Primes have multiple(Octavia having two and Gara having a full arsenal, which is going to make things very interesting with her PA). 

Of course for the ones that only have one weapon it might not get primed but if one has multiple then at least one of them should

1 minute ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

No Orokin weapons are primed? I ask because the Orokin created the infested so....maybe.....

While possible in terms of the lore, it is not likely going to happen realistically. DE has a bevy of Infested weapons that they could Prime. However, it is unlikely to happen as not one Infested weapon has yet to be Primed. The only weapons that have been primed thus far are Tenno weapons since their designs were based upon Orokin designs. This is why Orokin weapons and Warframes are superior [in some ways] to their standard counterparts.

3 hours ago, Sevek7 said:

Now that all Warframes released without signature weapons have been primed, do you think that all future prime warframes will be released with (two of) their corresponding primed signature weapons? For example: Octavia was released with Tenora and Pandero, do you expect Tenora Prime and Pandero Prime to be released with Octavia Prime? 

Personally, I hope not. I enjoy the mystery of not knowing exactly what prime weapons are coming next. There are also plenty of Tenno weapons that aren't signatures that would essentially be never primed if signatures are prioritized from here on. [Still waiting for Furis Prime!]

It doesn't matter to me personally which weapon is the next prime , as long as the prime version has some cool gimmick like the Pyrana prime does .

3 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Of course for the ones that only have one weapon it might not get primed but if one has multiple then at least one of them should

It's actually more likely that they'll get Primed. I don't know why they skipped over Akzani when they Primed Mirage(though, I have a sneaking suspicion that it may have something to do with Akzani having no special function when paired with Mirage), but the other Prime that has been released that had a Signature Weapon, Atlas, got his, so it's more than likely that, for instance, Xaku's Prime will come with Quassus Prime.

1 hour ago, Kerberos-3 said:

I don't know why they skipped over Akzani when they Primed Mirage(though, I have a sneaking suspicion that it may have something to do with Akzani having no special function when paired with Mirage)

Most of the signature weapon passives were added retroactively in Update 24.6. Mirage Prime came out before any weapons had signature synergies, so that's not it.

6 hours ago, Sevek7 said:

do you think that all future prime warframes will be released with (two of) their corresponding primed signature weapons?

Personally, I hope they don't restrict Prime weapons to only the signature weapons, for the exact reasons you list:

6 hours ago, Sevek7 said:

I enjoy the mystery of not knowing exactly what prime weapons are coming next. There are also plenty of Tenno weapons that aren't signatures that would essentially be never primed if signatures are prioritized from here on.

19 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

Most of the signature weapon passives were added retroactively in Update 24.6. Mirage Prime came out before any weapons had signature synergies, so that's not it.

Personally, I hope they don't restrict Prime weapons to only the signature weapons, for the exact reasons you list:

Part of the issue is that, if a Prime skips out on having it's signature weapon(s) Primed with it, the complaining and salt will be, for lack of a better term, extreme. It's going to be especially bad with Gara, who is due for her Prime after Octavia(who, coincidentally, is the next Frame to be Primed). DE is going to have to be careful about that one, since Gara is rather unique in being the only Frame to have three signature weapons, which will make things difficult.

7 hours ago, Sevek7 said:

Now that all Warframes released without signature weapons have been primed

Atlas Prime didn't come with Tekko Prime, literally his signature? I know his Prime Access was the shortest but it couldn't have been that quick to forget. Also it's not necessarily true since Nidus doesn't have Signatures.

do you think that all future prime warframes will be released with (two of) their corresponding primed signature weapons? For example: Octavia was released with Tenora and Pandero, do you expect Tenora Prime and Pandero Prime to be released with Octavia Prime? 

Absolutely. I would only say it would be a problem if a Warframe were to have some unconventional Signatures, such as Hildryn's Larkspur (Archgun) or more than two of them, such as Gara's entire set. I think the former wouldn't be that big of a deal since Hildryn Prime won't come for some time and probably by that point aspects that make it unconventional would lessen, while the ladder I think would give for some interesting dilemmas on whether or not all Signatures deserve to be Primed together.

Personally, I hope not. I enjoy the mystery of not knowing exactly what prime weapons are coming next. There are also plenty of Tenno weapons that aren't signatures that would essentially be never primed if signatures are prioritized from here on.

I wouldn't bet on that since there are still a good amount of Warframes with Signatures who only possess 1 of them, and even just reviewing the last 8 Warframes, only 1 of them had two of them, that being Gauss. That's two years worth of other Tenno weapons getting Primed, or even unique Prime weapons being added.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)N7 Sinner said:

This would present a problem for Nidus since both of his signature weapons are Infested weapons. Only Tenno weapons are eligible for Priming.

Nidus doesn't have Signature weapons. Despite the Hema and Hirudo being thematically appropriate and being apart of his bundle, there's no mention of them being his special/signature choice. Besides, it would be most likely that Nidus Prime would probably come with Gazal Prime, since it's still a Tenno weapon, and Djinn Prime, since Sentinels seem to have a universal bypass from the 'faction-restriction' aspect surrounding them due to certain lore aspects. Plus it would make sense since Djinn is Infested, and that connects it back to Nidus, and Gazal quite literally synergizes with it too.

1 minute ago, Scruffel said:

Nidus doesn't have Signature weapons. Despite the Hema and Hirudo being thematically appropriate and being apart of his bundle, there's no mention of them being his special/signature choice. Besides, it would be most likely that Nidus Prime would probably come with Gazal Prime, since it's still a Tenno weapon, and Djinn Prime, since Sentinels seem to have a universal bypass from the 'faction-restriction' aspect surrounding them due to certain lore aspects. Plus it would make sense since Djinn is Infested, and that connects it back to Nidus, and Gazal quite literally synergizes with it too.

Indeed. And I certainly agree with you in regards to the Gazal Prime. The reason why I labelled Hema and Hirudo as Nidus' signature weapons was because of the fact that they released alongside him. Though their descriptions say otherwise, they can both, technically, be classified as signature weapons because of this [assuming that the community's standards for signature weapons are applicable to all weapons that release alongside a Warframe].

25 minutes ago, (XBOX)N7 Sinner said:

Indeed. And I certainly agree with you in regards to the Gazal Prime. The reason why I labelled Hema and Hirudo as Nidus' signature weapons was because of the fact that they released alongside him. Though their descriptions say otherwise, they can both, technically, be classified as signature weapons because of this [assuming that the community's standards for signature weapons are applicable to all weapons that release alongside a Warframe].

It's not really the community who decides what a Signature is, it's quite literally DE's through simply putting it within the weapon's description or it having a specific synergy in which the specific Warframe can benefit from. The only two signatures that haven't received a bonus are both of Khora's Hystrix and Dual Keres for some reason, as well Mirage's Akzani is described has her favorites despite those not getting Primed nor having benefits either. Either way, it's pretty clear to see which weapon is meant for what Warframe.

Archived