Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack - an unpolished gem of a game mode!

pixelsafoison

Hello there, I just thought I'd start yet another railjack thread to share ideas on how to make it actually way better :3

A) Ship ownership

Only the ship's captain can choose the destination - why? Because he knows what his ship can handle, and because forcing someone that is farming Gian Point to do anomalies is a stab in the back. For all you know he may not have all that much time to play WF and is aiming to farm XP for his ints.

B) Removal of the "refine" button at the forge

It was a stupid idea from the very start. Newbies make the mistake of refining way too often. Why? Because they see that there are materials required to craft, and there's a nifty "refine" button - leads to confusion and failed missions. If nothing else, add a warning dialogue "hey, you're about to cash in all of the mats, which can leave your ship stranded"

C) Removal of combat avionics access from gunner positions

Most pilots hate when people take a side gunner seat because the odds of them annihilating all of the ship's flux in roughly 10 seconds time are quite high (we're quite used to using abilities after all). Remove combat avionics from side turrets, and make them hit harder than the pilot's main turret to make it actually fun for the side gunner

D) Forges

All 4 forges should be accessible from a single control panel. I mean, using the parazon to grab a "cart"? What the hell... Cephalon Cy is looking to get disconnected from the weave as a means of suicide or something?

E) Tether 2.0

Only the host can detonate tethers. Why? So that side turret people can have, you know, FUN

F) Add forge to tactical overlay

Why? Because forging isn't fun. It's a vital yet boring job - we all know that the forge guy is an unsung hero for he takes a lot of the boredom on his shoulder

G) More boarding pods and new interior turrets

Are you telling me that we are flying an orokin ship without any kind of internal defense system? I want a flamethrower turret and I want it now (fried grineer has such a peculiar taste)

H) Fun loot

This is a looter shooter, where's my fun loot? I want a drop table filled with 0.5% odds of getting something amazing, hell I want 0.5% odds for amazing stuff all over the place! Zetki Cryophon RailGun Deployer anyone? :D

I) A proper matchmaking system

When you attempt to join a session, instead of being told "yeah there's no session, pilot your own ship moron" place us in a queue - this way no pilot flies alone, and as we all know newbies need to get carried to get the good stuff for their RJ. Forcing us to spam the join button is both a very unrefined method for a multiplayer game as well as a bad design for whatever server is handling the requests.

My RJ is fully pimped, i'm 10/10/10/10 and I want moar. Why? Because it's dumb fun! 

1 hour ago, pixelsafoison said:

Hello there, I just thought I'd start yet another railjack thread to share ideas on how to make it actually way better :3

A) Ship ownership

Only the ship's captain can choose the destination - why? Because he knows what his ship can handle, and because forcing someone that is farming Gian Point to do anomalies is a stab in the back. For all you know he may not have all that much time to play WF and is aiming to farm XP for his ints.

Any player can chose destination after the skirmesh has ended at navigation console , all we need is voting system .

WHile I agree ina  lot of points, I can't understand why you wrote this here. I'm expecting some RJ changes with the integration of the lich system (at least with corpus it's confirmed), when that update drops I hope RJ usage increases to create more feedback on devs to iterate options faster.

Le 08/12/2020 à 22:07, vanaukas a dit :

WHile I agree ina  lot of points, I can't understand why you wrote this here. I'm expecting some RJ changes with the integration of the lich system (at least with corpus it's confirmed), when that update drops I hope RJ usage increases to create more feedback on devs to iterate options faster.

Merely because it is always fun to share with others what you want a thing you like to evolve into ;)

Just now, pixelsafoison said:

Merely because it is always fun to share with others what you want a thing you like to evolve into ;)

I said that because devs generally doesn't read this forum, they are more active on feedback subforum, I thought your intention was sharing some ideas to improve the game mode, we can't improve anything on our side.

On 2020-12-08 at 4:08 PM, pixelsafoison said:

D) Forges

All 4 forges should be accessible from a single control panel. I mean, using the parazon to grab a "cart"? What the hell... Cephalon Cy is looking to get disconnected from the weave as a means of suicide or something?

There's is an actual reason here for the forges to be separated and Parazon used: "They turned our weapons, our technology, against us. The more advanced we became, the greater our losses." The ship is mostly mechanical on purpose. The Sentients have to get aboard to be able to do anything to its systems. A Forge with a digitalized system would be a big "WEAK POINT HERE" for the Sentients.

So, pull contained with collected resources down, use the Parazon to select what the ship will build, container with resources go down and into the automated assembly.

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Kaotyke:

There's is an actual reason here for the forges to be separated and Parazon used: "They turned our weapons, our technology, against us. The more advanced we became, the greater our losses." The ship is mostly mechanical on purpose. The Sentients have to get aboard to be able to do anything to its systems. A Forge with a digitalized system would be a big "WEAK POINT HERE" for the Sentients.

So, pull contained with collected resources down, use the Parazon to select what the ship will build, container with resources go down and into the automated assembly.

I think the actual reason is that whoever is designing the user interface at DE is bad at their job (see the rest of the game and every UI rework they do), and everything else is just justification after the fact.

56 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

I think the actual reason is that whoever is designing the user interface at DE is bad at their job (see the rest of the game and every UI rework they do), and everything else is just justification after the fact.

That lore predates railjack...

and Ill disagree that DE is bad at interfaces. They simply misunderstand what we as players want in an interface. They want a more polished look, with details and numbers hidden, we want the opposite. 

vor 2 Minuten schrieb (PSN)CommanderC2121:

That lore predates railjack...

and Ill disagree that DE is bad at interfaces. They simply misunderstand what we as players want in an interface. They want a more polished look, with details and numbers hidden, we want the opposite. 

That’s like saying that the designer of a car just misunderstands what drivers want, drivers want an aerodynamic shape and they prefer the look of a parachute dragging behind the car. 

It’s an interface, not a wall texture. If you think that a polished look trumps everything, you’re just bad at designing interfaces.

I hate Railjack with passion so Im shuddering at the sight of this "unpolished gem" comparison but since Railjack is going nowhere might as well chime in. 

The whole forge needs to go imo. Whose idea of fun was sitting at the back of the ship playing some chinese copy of beyblade all on your own.

Yes, it is quite bareboned but to me very refreshing and fun. I'm looking forward to where RJ will go.

A) I would suggest a system as in Helldivers, host decides but clients can suggest where they want to go. If possible would be very good for clients to be able to leave before during and after loading a mission. Extra attention on during.

C) I would suggest making the side turrets having something completely unique compared to the front gun. Maybe their own ordonance or greatly enhanced ordonance capabilities. Even making ordonance side gun exclusive could work.

E) Tie the detonation to reactivating the ability, also tether right now is in a very bad position. Changes to it are very likely.

F) Being in the forge is so chill though, just gotta go trough some menus every now and then, I can level gear with only 50% of my brain on the game and nobody can say I didn't do my part of the mission. The way I want them to go though is make forging fun instead of just putting the unfun part in a more convinient place.

Forge complaints...

In what world have you ever seen someone stay at the forge for the entire mission ? This is pure nonsense, it's like 30 seconds at most to craft things on all 4 stations.

Why does it take time to do ? That is (VERY OBVIOUSLY) a gameplay limitation, so that you have to take the stocks into account a little bit ahead of time, this is just part of the challenge DE has decided. Do you think they made the animation by accident ?

Am 8.12.2020 um 21:40 schrieb bad4youLT:

Any player can chose destination after the skirmesh has ended at navigation console , all we need is voting system .

I don't understand why Railjack doesn't use the normal mission system where there is a vote when you want to start a new mission. Also when you want to leave as a client after a mission you have to choose abort mission and than it says you lose all your resources but actually you lose nothing. Or when you go to the dry dock from a mission as a client you can't see the drops from your last mission so you have to leave the dry dock and return to your own dojo. 

My main problem with railjack is that all missions feel like "gian point but with additionnal annoyance"

There is no need to "kill x fighters, kill y crewships" in missions where you have to attack a base / station / gallion.

Also there are no endless, no stealth missions, no "bossfight" (akka attack ennemy flagship)

I agree that pilot / artillery/ gunners / archwing could be done better, but the real lacklusters are missions

there are actually more than enough successful ideas. You don't have to search for a long time: just watch successful games. there are very action-packed fights and you can immediately see why players play it for a long time and what inspires them.
I wouldn't write that long either, because devs are already busy enough. and other things they seem to have greater priority.

Archived