Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lavos and his detachment from energy system (AKA awful forced timer cooldowns)

Wawus

38 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

What is they call video games, interactive?

A forced lockout waiting period is the opposite of interactive. It's passive.

"Warframe - the next generation inter-passive revolution!!!1", where you don't do anything but have so much fun speculating on what buttons you would press, if you could. *Suspense jingle play*.

Fast zoom on the countdown numbers, dun-dun-daaa!!

"Oh boy timmy, I can't wait to press a button when my game isn't disabled anymore!"

Talk about total strawman-disingenuous-dribble...

So, you don't have to wait for energy to replenish, ever?

No weapons to use?

I thought this was an M-rated game? This argument sounds...less than mature...

1 hour ago, Surbusken said:

Small note, players literally have 3 weapons, 4 if you count Archguns, to use in that time frame.

We aren't solely bound to using Warframe abilities, we have weapons that aren't bound by anything more than fire rate/attack speed and ammo/reload time, this isn't like an MMO with a global cooldown system where you use one thing and nothing else can be used for 3 seconds, we have plenty of options during that down time.

Hell before infinite energy became commonplace we needed these weapons to fill the gap between energy drops/pad cooldowns, so no, the gameplay isn't passive, it's just not boiled down to spamming 4 over and over again because you literally never run out of energy.

3 minutes ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

are you sure? i thought  rebecca said that efficiency will decrease the cooldown.

Lavos' 3 decreases his other powers' cooldowns based on how many enemies it hits. Efficiency determines by how much.

For example (note that these numbers are purely for illustration), if he has a power with a cooldown of 15 seconds and his 3rd power reduces it by 2 seconds per enemy at base, increasing his efficiency to 150% will mean that power still takes 15 seconds on its own, but his 3rd will reduce it by 3 seconds per enemy.

I would like to reserve judgement until AFTER the frame is released. which would be soon.

I do not see specific problem with this kit and concept personally , but i expect there to be some "getting used to " issues.

also , if picking an energy/universal orb reduces cooldown , then it would equate to pretty much the same thing.

One big drastic issue i foresee is that since the frame is heavy on casting BUT wont be able to take advantage of typical caster mods (flow, streamline) , arcanes (energize) and focus (zenurik) players that typically have a caster playstyle would be caught on the backfoot.

I am looking forward to what kind of playstyle it would be for.

4 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I would like to reserve judgement until AFTER the frame is released. which would be soon.

I do not see specific problem with this kit and concept personally , but i expect there to be some "getting used to " issues.

also , if picking an energy/universal orb reduces cooldown , then it would equate to pretty much the same thing.

One big drastic issue i foresee is that since the frame is heavy on casting BUT wont be able to take advantage of typical caster mods (flow, streamline) , arcanes (energize) and focus (zenurik) players that typically have a caster playstyle would be caught on the backfoot.

I am looking forward to what kind of playstyle it would be for.

naramon/vazarin into kuva nukor and any melee 🌌

On 2020-12-17 at 3:32 PM, vegetosayajin said:

I don't care abut the timers and all that, but from what I saw he has no:
1. Survivability skill (except shield gating), and no, healing is not survivability if you go high enough.
2. No scaling skill.(I hope they will fix this tho)
For what they showed he is worst then Hydroid(I say that because many ppl haet on hydro boi) - he has survivability skill, scaling damage and cc on top of that.
I don't know what fixes should be made before they release him, but he better have at least one of the two points I stated above to even consider him more then mastery fodder.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not here to bash you or anything, i understand why players want those things, they sometimes main a warframe and they want the warframe to feel usefull, maybe DE oppened up a precedent with a warframe back in the past that could do many of those things. (can't pinpoint exactly when it happened or what warframe was it)

I also enjoy warframes that can do many things, however i feel like the warframe identity has been lost to a certain degree due to requests like those, "all warframes should scale, be tanky, do AOE, have a powerfull single target attack, heal, buff, cloak, be viable in any mission on any faction in any objective, be on par with X warframe in this and that"

DE likes to show us the new thing and their ideals have shifted over time, trinity is stuck in the past warframe for example, DE didn't want trinity to be able to kill crowds and yet you can see what DE flavours recently, lot's of AOE even on weapons and warframes with the ability to heal, the issue is that certain warframes are kinda forgotten on an old mentality, i wished things were brought up to par instead of just the shiny new thing or when an artist finishes the deluxe/prime skin.

1 hour ago, Surbusken said:

What is they call video games, interactive?

"Warframe - the next generation inter-passive revolution!!!1", where you don't do anything but have so much fun speculating on what buttons you would press, if you could. *Suspense jingle play*.

Fast zoom on the countdown numbers, dun-dun-daaa!!

"Oh boy timmy, I can't wait to press a button when my game isn't disabled anymore!"

That doesnt change if it is interactive or not since you still interact with the game. You do so even more since you also need to plan when cooldowns are involved. Which changes your decision making, adding another layer.

You make it sound like we cant do anything with Lavos when the skills are on CD. You are aware we have a full arsenal of weapons right? Where we are allowed to bring 4 with us in any mission and soon also a mech.

I'm starting to wonder how narrow your gaming experience must be if you think WF has a good skill system, one that is also better than the several cooldown based systems out there, which are all far more balanced than the crapfest we have here. WF's skill system is just a massive safety net where you pretty much cannot screw up since you'll always have an infinte pool of resources so you can just recast when you screw up. Maybe DE have finaly realized this and want to re-test the CD waters and implement it elsewhere in other kits. 

Atleast your username fits the attitude.

haha, all that Hate and Despair about a new mechanic :D FINALLY, i yell into thin air! Saryn is fricking boring as well as other spamming Frames. I personally love Hildy aka "cliffy-boobs", so far the best tank i played, and with her Blazing Pillage augment EVEN against Infested a blast.

Lavos, in fact is as far as i tested him damn enjoyable, rewarding for actual brain-usage, versatile and adaptive as hell. Also "MEEEHHH, NO SCALING ABILITY?" Did u even read the stuff? EACH imbued element DOUBLES the damage of EACH Skill hes throwing at enemies, and dont forget he has, as ALCHEMIST should have, ALL possible elements/status effects in a single FRAME. Damn good stuff, awesome to play and with his Cedo even more rewarding. THIS Frame is actual damn hot fun to play. ALSO, his HP/Armor ratio is insame, combined with the damn nice scaling self heal every few seconds, he gets a hard nut to crack. Immunity to status effects with every Energy Orb collected and even better: IF one Orb collected and there are 3 on one spot U DONT consume em all to reset the timer, so u can play mindfull with technically infinite Status Immunity as long as Energy Orbs are around. OH, only Health Orbs around? NO PROBLEM, smack ya 3 into enemies sitting around health Orbs and u get free universals outa them, again giving Immunity each. Combine it with specific mods  *cough Carnis Carapace, cough* and gain another instance of TOTAL Imunity for several seconds. Holy moly... This passive brain-afk Face-Roll Frames got boring over time, DAMN happy about my new main Frame. For instance, 150% efficiency give 1.5 seconds CD reduction per enemy. easy to manage a noice Skill rotation.

Cheers.

On 2020-12-18 at 11:31 AM, Zimzala said:

Talk about total strawman-disingenuous-dribble...

So, you don't have to wait for energy to replenish, ever?

No weapons to use?

I thought this was an M-rated game? This argument sounds...less than mature...

Don’t mind him, when your IQ points hit negative there isn’t much you can do 

• 3 months later...

As someone who ACTIVELY PLAYS LAVOS currently, I find his ability to not use energy as a cool mechanic. Certain mods don't work, but that also means you can use OTHER mods that you wouldn't have space for. He doesn't have energy, but it still counts as being there. For instance, he still picks up Energy orbs. Things Like Equilibrium are now always active. It adds different strats, not the constant Meta of "Use only these mods ever" and I genuinely find him hilarious fun. 

Archived