I NEED HELP!!!! CANNOT DO LVL 30 TEST!

Question

I've done about 50 runs.... all fail.....

I don't know how people do this but I simply cannot do this....

I need to know what people are using to kill things and what Warframe is best, Loki is ok, Mesa sucks! Nyx Sucks even more.

I'm using melee but killing bosses takes to long.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

18 minutes ago, ---No-Mercy--- said:

Good evening

Happy new year

I have been playing Warframe for many years, I’m not usually a complainer but my enjoyment of the game has come to a halt, I’ve hit a brick wall with this level 30 test. It’s just to hard. Yes I know people have completed it, said it’s easy, uploaded videos on it but I e tried and tried and tried and always keep failing. It was a big leap in difficulty from 29 to 30. I know it’s meant to be a challenge but this is ridiculous. Everyone plays at different levels and a big age range also plays this game and it might be the case that while younger players are faster and more responsive, us older players suffer for being slower to react, this is clearly unfair on the older generations, and yes I'm very old and very slow with arthritis in my hands. I’ve tried multiple builds, weapons and frames and still cannot complete it, I’ve tried asking for help online only to be met with rude abuse and mockery with some people being helpful (thank you, you know who you are). I love this game and want to continue to enjoy it but without it made easier with more time with less bosses and reduce boss levels I think my journey ends at level 29 since I simply cannot figure out how to complete this test. Please help me. Please help me to continue to enjoy this game for many more years to come.

P.S - Please, if you are going to comment here, please be polite, respectful, patient and understanding, I know there are a huge bunch of people who found this test a doddle so good for you but I didn't, we all have our strengths in life and I'm sure I'm better at some things In life that you are not, so just consider your words before posting please, no snowflake, git gud, noob, baby, hand holding comments please. Its my feedback and I'm entitled to give it, in fact when I put in a ticket about it the support team advised me to post here.

Thank you in advance

Can you record your failed attempt and upload it here? Would be much easier to analyze and give an advice.

And take a look at this walkthrough. It's just melee spam, no abilities, no complicated moves, no operator mode, no rivens. Builds are at the end of the video. Maybe you'll find it helpful.

Edited by Xaero

yea i think the point of the MR 30 test is to use all the skills you acquired from the game?

while for me it was fairly easy with nezha /melee  build and using my operator to dash from life support tower to tower

magus lock down for cc.

I,m sure there a ton of valid ways to do this judging by other player posts

I hate to say it ... But perhaps you are not quite ready for this then

you are using the practice rather then train to get use to it?

and figure out the best "playstyle" for you?

Edited by Thawfoot
moar typos then you could ever know
  • Like 1
On 2020-12-31 at 9:37 PM, JoJoshuee_DesK said:

Maybe he has 1k of total hrs of play... but 800hrs at hydron and ESO

Does seem the case... I'm guessing he might be one of those players that justify the "MR doesn't mean anything" trope... I mean someone that says that MESA, the Warframe that everyone uses to clear that challenge in easy mode, sux, clearly knows his thing...

On 2020-12-31 at 11:23 PM, ---No-Mercy--- said:

I tried it with Saryn, Inaros, Mesa with Nukor...

all fail....

Boss's just take too long....

Just don't have enough time.

Since people have done this I can only conclude that I suck at this game totally....

I mean, yeah, kinda seems like it... Have you played Steel Path, ever? Solo? Because, i can't really speak from experience, since i'm half way through from 29 to 30 (been too lazy to grind some of the stuff), but from what i saw, the highest tier levels are like lvl 100, so Earth Steel Path... Just make a build that works there, solo, and go at it...

• Like 1

I want to phrase this carefully, because I think we have to understand there are multiple issues at play here that can be somewhat contradictory. 

One the one hand, I think it is good if games are as accessible for everyone as possible, and I respect anyone who can play at all with any kind of physical/mental handicap at all. This game has a lot of crazy movement and a lot of things to keep track of, and a lot of visual and auditory NOISE (who knows maybe I have some kind of sound/light sensitivities I am unaware of because some times I turn down effects and often play with the sound OFF because it is just too much sensory feedback at once), and things go quickly in WF. A mission can pass in a blink and everything is over. 

I have a brother who is legally blind, but can still see enough to walk around, and can see better out of the corners of his eyes. I watched him growing up struggling to play video games as best he could by sitting right next to the screen with his peripheral vision and doing the best he could. So I sympathize, and I empathize and I understand it is hard to play video games with a disability. 

However, we also have an issue here that in my opinion is not easy to solve: How do we reconcile the difference between those who want and expect a challenge at this high goal of Mastery Rank 30, and want more of a challenge in games in general, and those who are dealing with disabilities and are having extreme difficulties? If people who do not have the physical challenges you face already think it is easy, then adjusting it to make it easier will make it feel like an insulting cakewalk to those people, who want to feel like the game made them work for it. 

To be honest, I understand why you are discouraged. You have tried multiple strategies and they have not worked. You have had people mock you and belittle your skills despite you doing the best you can with a physical disability. 

But I believe in you. I believe that if you have made it to MR29 already, that by watching different videos, trying different builds, and practicing enough, you WILL eventually get there. I've seen people with disabilities pull of some amazing things in game, and I believe that by trying things out until you figure out what works for you, you will too. People like you inspire me to be more of who I can be, doing so much despite disabilities. Don't let the mockery hurt your self esteem, and don't let yourself be defeated. Keep trying different strategies, watching tip videos and practicing, I believe in you! 

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Like 3

Hi there @---No-Mercy---^^
(edit: threads got merged, so I rewrote a few things)

There are some helpful ideas and tips and build suggestions right here in this thread!
e.g: (just gona quote a lot of comments here)

Spoiler

On 2020-12-31 at 9:13 PM, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

There are three things to consider in this fight: arbitration drones, the elite enemies that end the wave, and the hordes that drop life support.

Bringing an Ignis. Catchmoon, or other similar weapon is great for killing the drones. Melee is pretty effective against most of the elites (Nox being a notable exception). The rest of the enemies can be killed with warframe abilities or your remaining weapon.

On 2020-12-31 at 9:47 PM, Berzerkules said:

Might help if you share your builds you think should work so people can give advice. 

On 2020-12-31 at 9:57 PM, (PSN)N7_Dredgen said:

Try using a melee builds that relies on speed, heavy status and condition overload.  Silva and Aegis works nicely for a Heat/Corrosion.  That in itself will 1-2 hit everything but the bosses if built properly - it's actually great against all the bosses except the Nox one, he is probably your biggest nuisance regardless of what method you choose.   

On 2020-12-31 at 10:00 PM, fo3nixz said:

what i used: saryn + kuva nukor + telos boltace + operator with magus lockdown... 

On 2020-12-31 at 10:20 PM, 16Bitman said:

Shoot the Nox boss in the head, do not melee him.

On 2020-12-31 at 10:50 PM, -AncientWarrior- said:

Saryn with Proboscis Cernos then melee them made this easy run. 

On 2020-12-31 at 11:28 PM, Graavarg said:

Some good info here: 

On 2021-01-01 at 12:50 AM, ES-Flinter said:

Can you please show your build/ mods on your Mesa, peacemaker+ your other weapons? A Screenshot or a simple list would be enough.

On 2021-01-01 at 2:28 AM, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Try and understand, I am happy to help you pass this test, I have asked MULTIPLE times for you to show me your builds and so have others. If you're too lazy to even do that, I'm not helping. If I show you all my builds and you simply copy them, then like a previous poster mentioned, you aren't going to get any better and you still will probably fail. IF however I look at your builds and EXPLAIN to you why they're not working, you might actually learn something and improve as a player as a result of gaining game knowledge. If you can't be bothered even doing that, then yeh... good luck with it. All that happens if you copy someone else's build and limp through the test barely, is that you'll meet yet another brick wall in say a few months time and have to ask for help again instead of learning how to mod, how frames and game mechanics work and becoming a better, more knowledgeable player that can adapt and solve his own problems. 

On 2021-01-01 at 3:51 PM, Slayer-. said:

Use Viral as the main damage you'll get further, I practiced with corrosion but that was slow and a huge fail. switched to viral and did it a lot faster.

...gonna stop here, ok?^^ (I hope that shows how much helpful ideas you alrady received)

• Did you try some of the ideas? What worked for you? What kind of ideas/tips did you prefer?
  • What did you use in the mission? What is your current build? Important questions.
  • Please take a Screenshot and how us your Warframe/Weapons you are using. Why are here 3 pages but still no Screenshot or exact details about your personal builds?

It is literally the easiest way to help you out and improve your gameplay-style with more ideas that head into a direction you are already familiar with. 

btw my Feedback about the MR30 test:
I personally had a challenging time with the MR30 test when I did it last year at the end of October. Almost no oxygen at the end. Only a few seconds left. But it was the right type of challenging and "difficult", specially because I decided to use excalibur😅
Here a youtube clip that shows my succesfull attempt: 

Spoiler

(no audio)

The O2 spawn can be tricky and the strong enemies take a few more hits, but nothing is impossible.

Cheers & good luck!
Fabpsi~

Edited by Fabpsi
penguins~
  • Like 1
On 2021-01-01 at 6:22 AM, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

Because these are both beam weapons and you're not concerned with damage, DO NOT put multishot on them as it does not effect status chance in any way on single beam weapons. 

This is incorrect, at least on PC. Gaz did a video highlighting that one of the patches in Deimos Arcana made multishot affect beam status.

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I want to phrase this carefully, because I think we have to understand there are multiple issues at play here that can be somewhat contradictory. 

One the one hand, I think it is good if games are as accessible for everyone as possible, and I respect anyone who can play at all with any kind of physical/mental handicap at all. This game has a lot of crazy movement and a lot of things to keep track of, and a lot of visual and auditory NOISE (who knows maybe I have some kind of sound/light sensitivities I am unaware of because some times I turn down effects and often play with the sound OFF because it is just too much sensory feedback at once), and things go quickly in WF. A mission can pass in a blink and everything is over. 

I have a brother who is legally blind, but can still see enough to walk around, and can see better out of the corners of his eyes. I watched him growing up struggling to play video games as best he could by sitting right next to the screen with his peripheral vision and doing the best he could. So I sympathize, and I empathize and I understand it is hard to play video games with a disability. 

However, we also have an issue here that in my opinion is not easy to solve: How do we reconcile the difference between those who want and expect a challenge at this high goal of Mastery Rank 30, and want more of a challenge in games in general, and those who are dealing with disabilities and are having extreme difficulties? If people who do not have the physical challenges you face already think it is easy, then adjusting it to make it easier will make it feel like an insulting cakewalk to those people, who want to feel like the game made them work for it. 

To be honest, I understand why you are discouraged. You have tried multiple strategies and they have not worked. You have had people mock you and belittle your skills despite you doing the best you can with a physical disability. 

But I believe in you. I believe that if you have made it to MR29 already, that by watching different videos, trying different builds, and practicing enough, you WILL eventually get there. I've seen people with disabilities pull of some amazing things in game, and I believe that by trying things out until you figure out what works for you, you will too. People like you inspire me to be more of who I can be, doing so much despite disabilities. Don't let the mockery hurt your self esteem, and don't let yourself be defeated. Keep trying different strategies, watching tip videos and practicing, I believe in you! 

Its funny that you say light and sound sensitivities because while I'm old and slow with arthritis I am also autistic. I never really thought of it as a handicap with this game though.

The next Frames on my list are Wukong, Wisp, Octavia and Mirage. I've already tried Rhino 5 times, Nyx 10 Times, Inoaros about 20 times, Saryn about 20 times, Mesa about 6 times (that was painful to watch myself play with). 

I really do think I'm not fast enough and good enough for this test. But there is loads more frames to fail on so we will see. I think I have the right weapons. Just need the right warframe. Im using Kuva nukor and Crit Venka Prime.

• Like 2

May I suggest a primary weapons with really good accuracy? That Nox is gonna suck with how much armor he has, and you're gonna need something a bit more accurate to hit those headshots on him. I cant say much about the Nukor, but I believe it has some AoE that might make headshots a bit harder.

3 hours ago, ---No-Mercy--- said:

I really do appreciate all the people trying to be positive and showing me how they did it and what they used but the fact is, I'm old, I'm slow and I think I'm just not a "TRUE MASTER" of Warframe. Its a shame really because I have supported this game since ALPHA and spent Thousands in platinum over the years and it seems this is where I can go no further.

Whatever I use I'm just not good enough, I think the best I got was Stage 5 and it just took too long to take down the final NOX boss which was Lvl 141 and was as hard as a coffin nail, I was using Inaros with Nukor I think with a 160% Crit melee and still it took me ages, just ran out of time.

But I wish to thank you for everyone's comments and not being nasty about it although I have seen a few comments that weren't helpful.

I will continue to try but at the moment I have moved on to another game, a game which I can enjoy more at the moment.

i don't think you are older than me, i am 59,,, can you beat this?

Still i passed the test :)

UPDATE:

So been using wisp, Very fast, quite good but I either keep falling off the edge, when in transference I keep over shooting the platforms for life support and dying allot.

Its me guys, I just can't do this quick enough and don't have enough time, I feel too rush and im panicking and making mistakes.

6 Times with Wisp - All fail - Its not the frames, its me, Its just too hard for me. I hate all these platforms and keep falling off.

I could use any frame and still would fail, I just don't know how to get better.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, ---No-Mercy--- said:

UPDATE:

So been using wisp, Very fast, quite good but I either keep falling off the edge, when in transference I keep over shooting the platforms for life support and dying allot.

I sometimes try to aim my void dash well above my target, like really  high above. That way, you'll have some time to reorient yourself and either fall down to your destination or have a better angle to aim and void dash to your target. May I also ask, how upgraded is your focus tree?

Another warframe suggestion; Grendel. With some range you can just suck enemies into your belly from far away and then shotgun them out. When bosses spawn, take care of the Arbi Drone and the Nullifier, suck up the rest of the bosses, press 4 and bounce around a bit till either they die or one enemy is left (which you could then kill on your own).

Also, just note that some frames will have an easier time than others. I personally tried going with my Wisp and my Kuva Nukor, really only using some motes and the occasional Breach Surge, and I couldn't do it. I've been trying a few frames to see what works best, each one making sure I take it really slow and not making a ton of inputs. If I were to play my way, I could probably do it with Wisp no problem, but taking it slower I couldn't. 

Again, my consistently successful frames with a slower playstyle so far have been Protea, Xaku, and Grendel. 

Edited by EchoesOfRain
  • Like 1

Honestly, don't think about it as 1000 failures, it's just 1000 ways  that didn't work for you. 

As I understand platform and movement is the issue.

Try improving those things 1st , then u worry about enemies. 

If all else fails just leave the Mr test and practise for a while and enjoy what u do in the rest of the game.

Mayb go take a survival and check how long u can hold out and improve movement there and figure out a playstyle from there or hell even a steel path exterminate.

And for operator , u got the mind sprint and mind step unlocked and unbound in the naramon school. (If u use operator)

Ps: u ever tried titania in razorwing ? Because her dex pixia for sure can murder mostly anything.

Will check her when I'm online.

Edited by fo3nixz
3 hours ago, ---No-Mercy--- said:

I'm 61 in a month....at least I beat you in that.

Let a 'young' bloke (55 last october) give you some suggestions. I feel your frustration. Been there myself.

Ignore the gitgud crowd and all those 'true master' elitists that don't seem to get that this is a game and that doing well or not on this test doesn't mean a thing. It doesn't bring fame nor fortune. There's not a person that doesn't play this game that cares if one has done it or not. Frankly, I wouldn't have been that bothered with it myself wasn't it for the fact that I wanted the extra loadout slots. The only people that I know of that are in awe of MR30 are the kids that can only play on weekends (= they have no hope to ever get there anytime soon). The actual adults that are MR30 know the commitment it takes to get there but that's it. No MR29 will bend a knee or pull his forelock.

If you're mostly a melee weapon users, then do that, else you have to figure out what weapons to use.

Lots of people do it with a Kuva Nukor for the regular enemies.  Personally I prefer the Kuva twin stubbas because they pack a bigger punch and are useful against the arby drones, nullifiers and heavier bosses. They can even help with breaking the helmet on the NOX in the last level, plus those Stubbas have a far bigger range on them then the Nukor, meaning that you can shoot enemies half way across that tile set. As in, I can start shooting while jumping and aim gliding and seeing that they have range, pack a punch and have a big clip, I can adjust my aim and start weaking the enemies (if not killing them) even before I land and swith to my regulators.

Perhaps think about a primary that can kill a Nox in a couple of headshots so as to make sure that you don't fail because he takes too long to take out?

The main thing seem to be to have a method that kills lots and quickly, without losing track of you surroundings and location. This seems to be the reason that a fair number of people advise using Saryn or Mesa because their powers can really help cut down enemies all over the tile set without much effort and without a frantic hectic high blood pressure and coronary inducing button mashing.

I used Mesa myself and if your Regulators don't take out the enemies when you just spin around then your regulator setup needs work.

Look into the arcanes that you use on your warframe. Make sure that they contribute, e.g. have those on there that increase damage of your main weapon you're going to use. For me that was pistol arcanes (good for both my secondary as well as Mesa's regulators)

If you haven't done so, put forma (more forma or even Umbra forma) and maxed (prime and /or Umbra) mods in your warframe and weapons that feel to you that will take you over the finish line. 

Drop energy pods as soon as you load in (put them under a quick and easy button) or have a maxed out preparation mod on your warframe, drop warframe spectres (creating some if need be with high AOE high damage weapons, adjust the Aura. In short, adjust everything to really squeeze the most power out of it all as well as giving you a solution that is geared for what you can do. Which ever direction you take it in, it can't be helped for being a very busy 4 to 5 minutes but you can tailor it to your possibilities. Once you notice that you are constantly getting past the 4th LS station you have to take a breath and see where you can squeeze a bit more power, a bit more damage and how to shave of some time on your runs.

I would also advise you to practice void dashing if you have issues with jumping back from the 4th LifeSupport station.

Good luck

• Like 1

The nukor ain't used as a killing weapon , it's  to apply status  that will boost the damage for the condition overload melee.

And for the nox, the glass by his face break it. 

And according to the wiki it's a steel path nox.

Or better go into the Simulacrum , put on same level as the test and check if u can get better kill times on him

Edited by fo3nixz
Extra info
  • Like 1

As the two above me have stated, your weapon of choice may also be a big factor. I did try the Nukor, and it felt like it wasn't doing enough for me. I personally love using my Acceltra since it can be used as a spray and pray and is good for the drones and nullifiers on top of regular enemies. With a decent build it can also take care of the tankiest enemies. Quanta Vandal is another fav of mine due to its accuracy, it can get easy headshots and melt anything while doing so. For secondaries, I like my Rattleguts kitgun and for my melee, the Kronen prime. 

Basically, maybe try out some other weapons. There could be some weapon or some combination that you could really be missing out on

Edited by EchoesOfRain

Still waiting to see your builds so I can help you understand what you can improve and more importantly why. If rapid movement is the issue then no worries, we'll put together a build that will help you beat it without moving around.

• Like 3
58 minutes ago, (XBOX)FNehJol3 said:

Cloudwalker to the pylons.

^This.   If most of your difficulty is getting to the pylons than this is a great option for you.  I ended up NOT using my operator to get to the Pylons as I would overshoot as well. EVERY Pylon can be reached without the operator dash if you use bullet jump and aim glide.  I didn't realize there was a little island to the left of (I think it was) the 3rd pylon that you can bullet jump to than bullet jump again to the pylon, never once needing the operator dash.  Don't give up as it took me 2 weeks of practicing until I found what worked best for me. Good Luck and Happy New Year!

9 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Still waiting to see your builds so I can help you understand what you can improve and more importantly why. If rapid movement is the issue then no worries, we'll put together a build that will help you beat it without moving around.

I'm no good at uploading videos, don't know how to do it. Plus feel a bit embarrassed knowing that when you do watch my failures you'll be laughing your head off.

9 hours ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

^This.   If most of your difficulty is getting to the pylons than this is a great option for you.  I ended up NOT using my operator to get to the Pylons as I would overshoot as well. EVERY Pylon can be reached without the operator dash if you use bullet jump and aim glide.  I didn't realize there was a little island to the left of (I think it was) the 3rd pylon that you can bullet jump to than bullet jump again to the pylon, never once needing the operator dash.  Don't give up as it took me 2 weeks of practicing until I found what worked best for me. Good Luck and Happy New Year!

That's what I've been doing, allot easier. I've had my best success, if you can call it success LOL!, with Wukong. I got to the last boss several times. Just run out of time.

I think I'm going to stick with Wukong since it fixes my platform and falling constantly problem... just need top practice.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, fo3nixz said:

Honestly, don't think about it as 1000 failures, it's just 1000 ways  that didn't work for you. 

As I understand platform and movement is the issue.

Try improving those things 1st , then u worry about enemies. 

If all else fails just leave the Mr test and practise for a while and enjoy what u do in the rest of the game.

Mayb go take a survival and check how long u can hold out and improve movement there and figure out a playstyle from there or hell even a steel path exterminate.

And for operator , u got the mind sprint and mind step unlocked and unbound in the naramon school. (If u use operator)

Ps: u ever tried titania in razorwing ? Because her dex pixia for sure can murder mostly anything.

Will check her when I'm online.

I can do steel path with ease. I just use Inaros with Adaptation and arcane Grace and I'm practically in indestructible. Never EVER die with him, I've even left the room with enemies shooting to go to toilet and come back and I'm still alive! just ask for help with defence missions and spy and evacuation since doing it with one is hard to keep things alive. But exterminate solo is easy. 

41 minutes ago, ---No-Mercy--- said:

I can do steel path with ease. I just use Inaros with Adaptation and arcane Grace and I'm practically in indestructible. Never EVER die with him, I've even left the room with enemies shooting to go to toilet and come back and I'm still alive! just ask for help with defence missions and spy and evacuation since doing it with one is hard to keep things alive. But exterminate solo is easy. 

no to stay alive aint the point , its the movement u need to improve, else u gona have to practise that in the practice mr 30,

one thing at a time, not multiple things.

• Like 1