Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orphix Venom: Hotfix 29.6.8 + 29.6.8.1

[DE]Megan

7 hours ago, Leyvonne said:

I don't really care about the curve of the eyelid or some areas being somehow "less bumpy".

That's the whole point of the update though....

Its called "Mesh Accuracy". If you've used Blender or any 3D modelling tool, you'd know that every 3D model is made out of a series of polygons all connected to each other to make a 3D object. However, polygons are polygons and therefore, they have straight lines. Its not possible for a 3D object to have have a smooth "curve" instead of a straight line. Unless you use extremely small sections of polygons, but that would require far more vertexes which can tank your performance or require more storage.

However, if you think a change to the 3D models somehow affected the textures that are visible in your game (not just the image above), then its likely a bug, in which case feel free to report it.

31 минуту назад, -XxDyiNgL1GhtxX- сказал:

After this update when i trying to log in the game is feezing. Why?

a lot of ppl have same problem

I honestly don't understand what the developers are doing.
the game has enough old bugs,
online and gaming income is not at its best.
but the game at least worked.
now I can't enter the game at all, and the one who entered has a bunch of problems with FPS.

Do you even realize that the developers themselves did the extra work? now for the next 2-3 months they will not focus on new content, they will not fix old bugs - they will finish this update, which broke so many things that it cannot be solved in one day.

and most importantly, why was this update started? what did it bring to the game? I can still see the headlines on YouTube channels "a great reason to return to warframe 2021! now it weighs several GB less !!"(sarcasm) Is that how they imagine it?

Thank you for the hotfix.

Arcana Bounties need the Esophage marked for easy access back to the surface, at present if you can't find an Esophage you have to travel almost 1 km back to the surface to start the next bounty.

Matchmaking for Arcana Bounties is needed.

Khora's whip with LOS is a fail, refer to the post above for details, you've effectively killed a good Warframe for all of us legit players because of a few farming macro exploiters.
Makes me question if investing in the Khora Prime will be a waste of time.

====================================
Please fix fishing in Deimos getting stuck while using the fishing poles on the exocrine and on the normal ground. It happens with both fishing poles. The code for where I was when it happened, threw spear twice BAM I'm stuck.

/Lotus/Levels/Proc/Infestation/InfestedMicroplanetLandscape/iBACYgJLhYWWYgiGzJM40sBEUSOStphcIUSpyYPdh366UzatgCDIMiieOBZzeIECAoYOBCAwgMIDCAwgMIDBAA.lp Z: /Lotus/Levels/InfestedMicroplanet/InfFleshscapeA P: -581, -106, -463  H:-48  Log: 18336.158ÿÛ

/Lotus/Levels/Proc/Infestation/InfestedMicroplanetLandscape/iBACYgJLhYWWYgiGzJM40sBEUSOStphcIUSpyYPdh366UzatgCDIMiieOBZzeIECAoYOBCAwgMIDCAwgMIDBAA.lp Z: /Lotus/Levels/InfestedMicroplanet/InfFleshscapeA P: -582, -105, -461  H:-124  Log: 18328.180ÿÛ

====================================
For the next, Please fix the Fluctus not hitting the Orphix centre once opened, just seeing zeros as damage, if you're lucky enough to see an actual damage number.

Can we please have an option for our Orbiters A B C for appearance like Warframes have that way we can switch between appearances.

Can we please get the Cryptanaut Necramech Helmet to display the Day Of The Dead skin to match the rest of the Necramech, or could you just make the Day Of The Dead skin universal on all the Necramechs.

Orphix event, please add the Esc button to stop entering into a rent-a-mech by accident so frustrating to accidentally enter one when your Mech is standing close. (yes yes look for the rent-a-mechs but in the heat of battle, I'm sure everyone has done it at least once)

Please make Sentinels immune to damage while the Warframe is respawing, my Sentinel died outright even with Primed Regen as I was respawning and I had respawn immunity.

Hi, tnx for update, but... 

You really think that micro changes in 1-2 pixels in face of the operator its more important as the so often bugged bounties on fortuna or plains of eidolon ? Really almost all bounties (no matter whats the name of the bountie) in Plains of eidolon have same broken mission part (hold area with more then 50% holding, but its drops down when no enemy there anyway and player can't do anything about that - probably after dropship taken down before crew drop down and no new crew shows up).  In Orb Vallis are offten bugs like in 1 part needed to hack console to hangar, and inside hack second console. But Console inside cannot be hack sometimes (no X for interaction shows up) - probably after somebody from party left party broke that bounty.  And so on... If there will be bounties with not that broken parts - players will pick only these, but its not possible and if they need farm rep or that items from last part of bounties they must accept atm they offten fail mission and cant do anything about that.  FIX THIS. Tnx

13 hours ago, AdvisorZ said:

Hmmmm.......How about "Holy sh*t, we remembered we had a terrible network system for many years! How many errors and inconveniences. We urgently need to buy powerful servers. (Oh, I know that you can afford them. And Im not the only one who know that). We need to remove this nasty system "player - host" with its terrible migrations, which caused and still cause our players so much pain, transfer all this hosting-load to our servers and add the console command Disconnect (Both during loading on a mission and before and when everyone has already arrived.)."

Nah? Didn't such thoughts come to DE? Or is Mesh Accuracy most important? :)

DE at least aware of what they did during the updates with Fortuna, when "Making decisions about improving the problems associated with host migrations"?
I will explain as clearly as possible so that even a child can understand.
Before the Fortune update: Everyone is loaded on a mission. The player (host / client - it doesn't matter) does not notice any problems with the fact that 3 people have connected.
After updates with Fortune: Everyone is loaded on the mission. The player (both the host and the client) and his FPS physically feel like 3 people are connected to them.

If the player is the host, he will not be kicked out of the connection of other players (he can kick out clients). But if the player is a client, and he connects with the rest of the people / or he has already entered and another person joins the mission - then he can easily be turned off.
 Yes, on powerful and very powerful PCs it is imperceptible, checked hundreds of times. But on weak / medium-weak PCs - this is horror. (and many think all good. "Rainbow and unicorns with vanilla shores!")

What exactly was done wrong in terms of network code, I do not know. But I am observant enough to notice the catastrophic difference between "before" and "after" and draw logical conclusions based on observations and experience. And here it is even a no brainer  understand that after the changes, ALL the load that the player's PC performs has also been transferred to the PCs of other players. (By the way, the same bulls**t happens on the Relay)

Let me explain in a simpler way: When a player is loaded on a mission, his PC loads what is on this mission - textures, scripts, etc. After the introduction of Fortune, the PC of one player began to carry out the load of other players. (Simply put - the player, having loaded textures, scripts, etc on his PC, began to take the loading of textures and scripts from the PCs of other players. "So. I brought this heavy bag of apples - Great. Now bring my bag too, together with me - And mine too!").

Before updates with Fortune and magic with a network code, connecting other players could take away a maximum of ~ 5 +/- fps even on potato.
After - on NOT powerful / medium-powerful from connections of other players, FPS is destroyed from 25/30/40 to 0.

By the way, one more point about "Connections". But this time it's more of a interface bug. It appeared after the introduction of the new "Mission Results" interface.

Here's how it arises: Mission complete, players return. If one player returned faster than the other (stronger PC), and the rest are still in the process of loading, and the first player on the other side starts the mission, those who have not yet returned will lose part of the interface.
They will not be able to: activate other missions through the map; abandon an already launched mission; view your profile through the top bar of the interface; leave the squad until they go on a mission.

This bug was solved either by running a test for the rank of mastery (because of this, I cannot make the 30th rank, because if I get the 30th rank, the problem will have to be solved only by a restart) or by restarting the game.
This bug has existed since the introduction of the new "Mission Results" interface after the completion of the mission. Because of the pigs with the stronger PC, which Mom didn't teach to ask the rest of the people on the team "Will anyone go again?" and code errors - you have to suffer, and often if you go with random players (Amen "Solo" mode).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that SUCH problems should be solved first. But yes, who am I to judge what is important and what is not.
"Mesh Accuracy forward!!"

Agreed, the new Mission Results interface is a serious pain. There is a massive lag of multiple seconds while it loads (what the hell is it loading?), during which the interface screen freezes and nothing can be done. Furthermore depending on your connection/processing speed this can lead to the problems noted above. 
The old interface worked fine and loaded instantly, and I think the vast majority of players were perfectly happy with it. 
Once again a change touted as an ‘improvement’ turns out to be a disappointment. 

Couple of things.

1. I don't know if you guys use the Warframe app, but it's gotten BEGRUDGINGLY SLOW to load since this latest update. Might wanna look into that.

2. Health Orbs. I'm equipped with Equilibrium, and I could literally stand on top of them, even with HP and/or Energy not maxed out, and not pick them up. I don't know if the issue is the Orbs themselves or the Equilibrium mod but I've noticed it randomly acts up and they won't pick up.

Might wanna look into that.

So.....the update.

If you're in a location without great internet access....like on the road or at a hotel...then the download is a few hours of patience.  That's absolutely frustrating when a time locked daily affinity booster timer is ticking down.  It'd be nice to see some consideration for temporary suspension of those timers when you push something that requires such a large download and a cache optimization to work.

On to the gameplay.  It's pretty obvious that the Deimos bounty "Assist the Corpus Researcher" is now functioning "as intended."  That is to say, many months ago you stealth changed it from protect Une to protect the shield drone.  Still not fun, but the AI seems to finally not be brain dead.  I'm saying this now because there's finally a reason to grind out those mother tokens.  Boy, it's definitely not an incentive to grind the isolation vaults.

Speaking of, 5k standing for each part of the Cedo and Lavos.  4*5000*3=60,000 standing.  At 100 standing per token, that's 600 tokens.  You can earn about 150 mother tokens per bounty if you get the bonus on all five sections of the 40-60 bounty, so that's 4 total runs of the Deimos bounty.  It's not a terrible price to pay for the content.  It does raise some frustration though.  Namely, this is about an hour and twenty minutes of grind.  That's the assumption of 20 minutes a bounty, or 4 minutes per phase.  How many phasic cells would be likely to drop in that time?  Well, about 3000 if you had two hour long 20k point runs.  How expensive were those components again?

If the point isn't clear, this is basically frustrating because you put a 30 day huge increase in grind on new content, and at the end you've suddenly drastically decreased the price.  It's pretty insulting for the people who participated in this grind.  It's even more frustrating that this means the only Orphix Venom content that is locked are the mech mods and cosmetics.  Even Scarlet Spear has real content locked.  The Ceti Lacera and Basmu aren't accessible through any regular means.  Now, don't take this the wrong way.  I don't want more events locking more content.  What I'm trying to say is that when you have such terrible rewards the events feel even less rewarding.  That's pretty special, given we're already at the point where a 2% drop rate is something you've sold us as acceptable, with the primary items dropping being a glut of low level relics that literally are garbage because their primary use is farming garbage prime parts to get ducats.

Let's wrap this up with the Railjack experience.  4x affinity booster means after about 4 runs of Gian Point I'm done for the day.  It's 40*4 or about 160 intrinsics, and boy does that feel good.  It feels even better to be done.  By done I mean 1023*4 intrinsics in the hold, so I never have to get on a ship again.  The entire setup is now about the grind.  The fun is in getting crewship spawns to not simply be locked until after all fighters are dead, so the pilot and gunner can both be doing something.  The breaches are still a mess...and their presence is RNG frustration.  I'm really happy to be done.  I'm not really looking forward to getting back in the saddle with the Corpus system.  Hopefully the command intrinsic doesn't suck, because if it adds another layer of un-fun grind to this without paying back a lot then this game mode is about as dead as Archwing Pursuit.

I guess the TL;DR is that this is an update.  Not good, not bad.  Frustrations abound, and it's really highlighting the non-rewarding nature of your events.  I would be angry, but at this point simply not crashing my system is a step up.  Yeah, when Doom: Eternal can run buttery smooth at 60 FPS, but warframe crashes me to desktop (while all other running programs are still viable) then I guess I know where the problem is.

6 hours ago, Torxe said:

Thx for the update and hotfix

bit salty about Cedos/lavos is so easy to get now though, Cedos ate a lot of my phasix cells that would've otherwise gone to arcanes or necramech mods.

Huh I found the Orphix grind more enjoyable than the Entrati grind.

when will u start buffing warframe's so they have more meaning in game ?

u could simply buff base hp by +20-50 and base dmg on skills , now it's all weapons , necromech's 

also change that focus tree / free all abilites so we can chose what we like & need ....

also u could add feature wich leave spectre of warframe when player escape after 5-10m of game play and you are the only one on defence thanks to that 

also add more prime mod's it's all 5 difrent mod's and 3 ubra one's with out variety after hiting grind celling

I can't use my warframe abilities or transference since the latest update, anyone else having this issue? The game is completely unplayable.. What are they doing over there?

EDIT: I figured it out, there is a setting in Controls called "Use Ability on Selection" which when disabled disables the use of abilities for some reason. Why that setting exists and why it was OFF for me is beyond any comprehension, because I definitively didn't fiddle with any of my control settings in years.

Archived