Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee Prime was the lowest used Prime of 2020 for very clear reasons.

(PSN)FK2P

2 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

. . .  all of her abilities, quake included, are well designed . . .

You've got a dirty potty mouth, AuroraSonicBoom.  😋

do not remove or replace the core of what these abilities are(especially not one of the few stationary ults we have left in the game).

Kill it, kill it with fire.   Better yet, super-heated plasma.  (Although more seriously, if they just switched the base and augmented versions and made some stat adjustments, I'd be at least moderately happy.)

22 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

"There are now a plethora of frames to choose from with a variety of playstyles, choose one(s) which fit your style of game  but kindly leave the salt at point of entry."

See guys? It's not that hard to figure out. This guy above me did it just fine.

What do you mean we cannot just jump to conclusions based on this incomplete dataset?

Gamers run on collectively hating stuff, if we cannot use the stats to hate on things, what good are they?

/s

Banshee along with a lot of other frames are just plain fugly and their kits don't make sense thematically and/or there is very little synergy.

For instance, I never really feel like I control magnetic fields when I play as Mag. Its just 4 random abilities smashed into her kit. 

Mirage only has 1 ability that even remotely resembles an illusion or a mirage. 

Ash, description reads "stealth". Only has 1 short duration ability that is actually stealth related. Ivara is a better stealth frame. 

As crappy as Hydroid or grendel may be, at least their kits make sense thematically. 

I'm personally a very big fan of banshee. but i feel like except for sonar most of her abilities just don't do enough. silence doesn't do enough on its own to be its own ability it'd make more sense if that was just a little something extra on top of another ability like sonic boom. sonic boom isn't very practical either it just ragdolls enemies away and doesn't deal a lot of damage. i guess its good in certain situations but what's the point of using that if silence already stuns enemies for enough time for you to kill them. Sonic boom is ok for certain emergencies but even then it only knocks enemies back that are in front of you and its cast time is a little too slow for it to just be an ability you use to save your skin in the heat of battle. so what gives? I feel like to use banshee effectively I MUST use her augments to make any of her abilities worth using and that takes up a lot of space. I feel like her augments should be integrated into her abilities if anything. and sound quake just sucks. its not like a burst ability that scales or deals a lot of damage at once. you literally sit there just knocking enemies back and staggering them... that's not fun and with banshee being a squishy frame staying in one place isn't very useful either. I don't think that her being very squishy hurts her in any way. just look at garuda. she kind of has a high risk high reward playstyle and banshee should be the same way. if you play a squishy frame you should get abilities that are very strong in their own right, not ones that are immobile, hardly deal any damage, and hardly do anything. Please fix banshee. She's one of my favorites.

Sure. Banshee is ugly. there's no fixing that. even her deluxe skin is pretty bad. It makes me sad they didn't stay true to ignus del's concept art. I'm tired of de making all these warframes with rubbery plasticy textures it's so ugly.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Wtf...banshee is not ugly....she actually has a slim sleek and more modern looking cosmetic, unlike lavos...

There's no accounting for taste.   Although I could understand better if people said the model was "dated" or "simple" or "has feet that are terrifying."   From the ankles up, though, she's good afaic.  (And the BotL and Sonority skins are effin great.)

vor 56 Minuten schrieb Tiltskillet:

There's no accounting for taste.   Although I could understand better if people said the model was "dated" or "simple" or "has feet that are terrifying."   From the ankles up, though, she's good afaic.  (And the BotL and Sonority skins are effin great.)

I also love her Sonority skin, but really dislike her basic and prime designs, especially the helmets.

Her base helmet looks kinda ... low-poly and as if someone would just have cut off some polygons from her 'head plate'. I still like the lower part/'face' of the helmet.

Her prime helmet I don't like at all. It feels really big and I find the general shape kind of awkward. The placement of the feelers doesn't help in my opinion, either.

And then there are her feet...they are not the worst of all the Warframes but still look kinda silly.

I have to admit, that her design was what lowered my interest in playing her, when I began playing the game. 

On 1/30/2021 at 9:50 AM, Tiltskillet said:

This Tenno gets it.  Only those chosen few of us with superhuman fortitude, stainless steel stomachs, and low quality graphics cards can tolerate those unholy canoe shoes for more than a few excruciating seconds.

This is also why I don't play her much. The visible and audible effects WE hear makes it hard for me to enjoy her. In truth, she's a beast!! Great cc, excellent team support, able to stealth all weapons and benefits from both high speed and low speed play. I'm not a big fan of her 1 and think her 4 needs the augment as the main ability plus a secondary status effect but I'd rather lose the special audio and visual fx she has.

31 minutes ago, Sinekanter said:

Her prime helmet I don't like at all. It feels really big and I find the general shape kind of awkward. The placement of the feelers doesn't help in my opinion, either.

Ha, that's almost the exact description I'd use for the deluxe helmet.  To me, her Prime helmet is almost  perfect.  Pretty, thematic, a little creepy, and just the right amount  of off-kilter DE weirdness.  And it those feelers look incredible with the radioactive ephemera.  I also like the retro scifi styling of the base helmet, but the Reverb even moreso.  And I really admire Sonority out of the Tennogen offerings.  But pretty much Helmet Prime all the time, regardless of skin for me.

17 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

You've got a dirty potty mouth, AuroraSonicBoom.  😋

Kill it, kill it with fire.   Better yet, super-heated plasma.  (Although more seriously, if they just switched the base and augmented versions and made some stat adjustments, I'd be at least moderately happy.)

Hey, I was talking about the basic idea of the ability. Implementation wise, it has aged horribly, does not do nearly enough  to warrant the risk or inconvenience or setting yourself up to use it, in most cases anyway, but that doesn't mean it cannot be turned into a fun and useful skill without going all "lol warframe is game about running, remove it". I used to list the kind of improvements I'd made, in such discussions, and I'm still convinced they'd work, but I don't want to misuse any thread about banshee to "spam my solutions" as it were, cause that's not just annoying in the long term, but also doesn't get any results, since DE thinks she's fine!😄

You really don't have to get rid of Quake to make it fun and effective to use, which are the major criticism behind people saying they want it replaced. If the only criteria that matters in deciding whether an ability should be removed is not being able to move, people would rag on peacemaker just as much.

18 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Hey, I was talking about the basic idea of the ability. Implementation wise, it has aged horribly, does not do nearly enough  to warrant the risk or inconvenience or setting yourself up to use it, in most cases anyway, but that doesn't mean it cannot be turned into a fun and useful skill without going all "lol warframe is game about running, remove it". I used to list the kind of improvements I'd made, in such discussions, and I'm still convinced they'd work, but I don't want to misuse any thread about banshee to "spam my solutions" as it were, cause that's not just annoying in the long term, but also doesn't get any results, since DE thinks she's fine!😄

You really don't have to get rid of Quake to make it fun and effective to use, which are the major criticism behind people saying they want it replaced. If the only criteria that matters in deciding whether an ability should be removed is not being able to move, people would rag on peacemaker just as much.

Except you can use peacemaker while airborne. Affluent Mesa’s can stay in motion while use peacemaker without Mesa Waltz. I subsumed infested mobility for this very reason.

1 hour ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

Except you can use peacemaker while airborne. Affluent Mesa’s can stay in motion while use peacemaker without Mesa Waltz. I subsumed infested mobility for this very reason.

A few seconds of being airborn at best without being able to steer doesn't put this ability into the "mobile". Also, we're not talking about augments, since Banshee does have one for people who absolutely have to move while still getting some use out of quake. This is about the base ability design. Peacemaker doesn't let you move once its activated, just like quake. The fact that you keep your momentum until you touch down isn't a feature of the ability, but a feature of how activation works for that class of abilities.

On 2021-01-30 at 8:04 AM, (PSN)FK2P said:

Banshee is a failed Damage warframe,

She is not failed damage frame. Problem is with DEs policy of "ability immune" bosses.

If banshee could have used her sonar even at half the strenghts on eidolons, she'd immidiately become one of top-tier eidolon-killers.

It's not Banshees fault DE decided to make it easy for themselves and just remove any and all abilities from equation for boss killing.

Other thing DE nerfed her tremors/quake build, cause it was somewhat efficient.

In short she simply has no content to be useful in, but not because of her faulty kit.

A few seconds of being airborn at best without being able to steer doesn't put this ability into the "mobile". Also, we're not talking about augments, since Banshee does have one for people who absolutely have to move while still getting some use out of quake. This is about the base ability design. Peacemaker doesn't let you move once its activated, just like quake. The fact that you keep your momentum until you touch down isn't a feature of the ability, but a feature of how activation works for that class of abilities.

when your fire rate is exceeding 40-50 shots per second, yeah 4-5 seconds in the air is a lot of time. I, on Mesa, can use her 4 while moving at full speed. You can't get more "mobile" than that. Like I even said in my post, I also used infested mobility to fully capitalize on that. Mesa doesn't have to be rooted on the spot and using peacemaker doesn't ground her.
Outside of ESO there's also nothing keeping you from activating the ability as much as you like.

You can't steer, but you have complete control over the direction you throw yourself. With infested mobilities bonus parkour velocity, you can capitalize on that very easily.
If you try to turret in high level content as Mesa you are going to be obliterated in a few seconds. I have thousands of hours spent on her, I know my frame.

- and before you look me up on whatever site, know that this isn't my only account. I am also Mono-pop on PS4.

Don’t reference youtubers as any kind of authority thanks.

Pressing record and upload is not an achievement

Banshee is my favorite warframe. Her biggest problem was survivability and that has been resolved by shield gates and if that isn’t enough, I like to use resonator.

Its ok to buff her or whatever but don’t use stats about nobody using her and/or some YT’er uploaded opinion as evidence of a frame being bad or not fun.

She is my #1 goto endless survival frame

Also using ability immunity as a reason for being a failed damage frame is faulty.

That is a global issue effecting all frames. It’s lazy enemy design on DE’s part, essentially turning those encounters into “everyone, just use chroma/inaros/rhino/Octavia”, that’s not a Banshee problem.

But hey I’m all for DE un-lazy-iffying their enemy immunities.

On 2021-01-31 at 9:25 AM, kgabor said:

Sonic Boom would suddenly become a great ability with the Sonic Fracture augment built into the main ability without the need of an augment.

I would build Savage Silence into the main ability also, its effect is way too useful even when you're not using it for the finishers, it affects all enemies under the stun's effect.

This is true for so many abilities.

One thing I liked about Diablo 3 was its rune sidegrades. No runes were direct upgrades. You could rune every ability, or none, or any combination.

There are sooo many abilities in warframe where the answer to the question “why would I even use this?” Is “well with the augment, it’s useful for <this_thing>”.

Unfortunately, this is DE we’re talking about. This is just how they do.

Fortunately for EVERY frame after helminth, resonator and a decaying dragon key can be used to tank, freeing up many mod slots for augments.

38 minutes ago, Hokibukisa said:

This is true for so many abilities.

One thing I liked about Diablo 3 was its rune sidegrades. No runes were direct upgrades. You could rune every ability, or none, or any combination.

There are sooo many abilities in warframe where the answer to the question “why would I even use this?” Is “well with the augment, it’s useful for <this_thing>”.

Unfortunately, this is DE we’re talking about. This is just how they do.

Fortunately for EVERY frame after helminth, resonator and a decaying dragon key can be used to tank, freeing up many mod slots for augments.

True, it's just that these two abilities need it the most to function.

I could have also said the other augments, but the main abilities work well even without them, they just work better with them. (arguably Sound Quake doesn't as current Resonating Quake is just a downgrade for anything but the lowest content, but Resonance is solid)

But Sonic Boom and Silence straight up needs those augments.

1 hour ago, deothor said:

She is not failed damage frame. Problem is with DEs policy of "ability immune" bosses.

If banshee could have used her sonar even at half the strenghts on eidolons, she'd immidiately become one of top-tier eidolon-killers.

It's not Banshees fault DE decided to make it easy for themselves and just remove any and all abilities from equation for boss killing.

Other thing DE nerfed her tremors/quake build, cause it was somewhat efficient.

In short she simply has no content to be useful in, but not because of her faulty kit.

This is literally why she’s a failed damage warframe.

21 minutes ago, kgabor said:

But Sonic Boom and Silence straight up needs those augments.

Silence is better that a lot of  people give it credit, although personally I think there's room to give it something more.  But to me baking the augment in isn't the right approach, mostly because of the stealth damage multiplier.   Although ironically, it would be a lot more ridiculous on other frames than it would be on her.

2 hours ago, (PSN)FK2P said:

This is literally why she’s a failed damage warframe.

I guess it just depends by definition of "failed" we use. For me she's perfectly fine but the content around her (immunities) is just idiotic and THAT has to be worked on.

You, on the other hand, view her by the content that limits her :)

1 hour ago, deothor said:

I guess it just depends by definition of "failed" we use. For me she's perfectly fine but the content around her (immunities) is just idiotic and THAT has to be worked on.

There's a parallel argument for Sonic Boom.  It's remarkable how much more natural this ability feels in something like a rifle only sortie.  If melee wasn't ridiculously powerful and if more enemies were more dangerous (especially in melee range), we'd see the appeal in abilities that push enemies away.

That would involve changes even more drastic than those to make Sonar more universally relevant though.

Archived