Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

nidus rework ideas.

cha0sWyrM

4 hours ago, cha0sWyrM said:

i only did that because thematically, thats what it should have been all along. it doesnt make sense that the infested frame wouldnt have innate viral damage on it....i mean the name of one of the abilities is "virulence" shouldnt THAT one at least have viral damage on it?

"With a maxed  Intensify, 15% Ability Strength rank bonus, and 100 stacks, rank-3 Virulence's total damage will be increased to:

200 × (1 + 0.15 + 0.3) × (1 + 100) = 29,290 damage"

He doesn't need it....as many are already saying....he doesn't need a "rework" that basically slaps viral on an already op frame.

Why don't you take him to Steel Path Mot and actually use him to his potential.

12 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

"With a maxed  Intensify, 15% Ability Strength rank bonus, and 100 stacks, rank-3 Virulence's total damage will be increased to:

200 × (1 + 0.15 + 0.3) × (1 + 100) = 29,290 damage"

He doesn't need it....as many are already saying....he doesn't need a "rework" that basically slaps viral on an already op frame.

Why don't you take him to Steel Path Mot and actually use him to his potential.

you are fixating on like the least important thing here....and you arent even paying attention to what i said about it.

i seriously cant with you people...youre argumentative simply for the sake of being argumentative. i clearly said that any suggestions i made would need to be balanced...and he absolutely does need a rework. the fact that no one actually plays him is testament to that.

if you think hes so great...why dont you go play him?
really...why dont you? why arent you? why isnt anyone playing him...if, in fact, his kit is so great and works so well? no one plays him because, again...for like the 800th time...his kit works well....but it isnt useful.

whats nidus good for? for real....whats his role? hes the guy who wont die. great.....we have like 15 of those already...all (except maybe 1) of them are at least good at a SECOND thing. besides not dying...what can nidus do?

can he nuke a bunch of bad guys real quick? no
is he a support frame? not really
does he cc....barely
can he concentrate a lot of firepower on a single target....nope
is he speedy...far from it
can he fly...no
invisible...also no
stealthy at all...sorry, no

i get it...hes cool as hell and hes unkillable....but what does nidus do besides not die? warframe is already a pretty easy game where none of the content is particularly difficult. we dont really need a frame that cant die. that has 1 single use (arbitrations) and even that....there are better choices. in a game where we play as nigh unstoppable nightmare killing machines, single-handedly murdering high level troops by the hundreds....not dying isnt a very useful trait. we already almost never die.

seriously...who dies in warframe?

yeah ok...nidus is cool and we all like him...but if youre above say mr 13 or so.....he doesnt bring anything to the table besides being cool...which sure...is sometimes enough i guess. but wouldn't it be better if he were cool AND contributed something?

2 changes I would make to Nidus:

1. make parasitic Link (and a lot of other powers that require aiming) a radial cast. if you want to link to an ally or enemy, you have to stop what you're doing, look at that specific enemy, and THEN cast. would be a nice QoL change, and parasites shouldn't care where the enemy is, they just latch onto things lol. maybe also have Linked ally's kills grant a Stack, and/or have stacks slowly build up while an enemy is linked.

2. buff Ravenous a bit. not enough maggots, not enough health regen for an ult without having to crucify my build with pure strength (tentacle daddy needs range too). maybe also have abilities cost less energy while standing in the "garden"?

he really only needs small tweaks, and you won't get full use of him in quick missions, it's in endless modes where he really shines (and infested fashionframe!).

29 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

2 changes I would make to Nidus:

1. make parasitic Link (and a lot of other powers that require aiming) a radial cast. if you want to link to an ally or enemy, you have to stop what you're doing, look at that specific enemy, and THEN cast. would be a nice QoL change, and parasites shouldn't care where the enemy is, they just latch onto things lol. maybe also have Linked ally's kills grant a Stack, and/or have stacks slowly build up while an enemy is linked.

2. buff Ravenous a bit. not enough maggots, not enough health regen for an ult without having to crucify my build with pure strength (tentacle daddy needs range too). maybe also have abilities cost less energy while standing in the "garden"?

he really only needs small tweaks, and you won't get full use of him in quick missions, it's in endless modes where he really shines (and infested fashionframe!).

this guy knows whats up.

those are good ideas. parasitic link really could use being looked at. its clunky, and not really very effective. his 4 is also kinda weak for an ult. compare it to...say...bastille/vortex (another stationary defensive aoe ult). bastille is so much more useful....ravenous isnt really worth using at all without the augment (but...the augment is pretty useful)

48 minutes ago, cha0sWyrM said:

you are fixating on like the least important thing here....and you arent even paying attention to what i said about it.

i seriously cant with you people...youre argumentative simply for the sake of being argumentative. i clearly said that any suggestions i made would need to be balanced...and he absolutely does need a rework. the fact that no one actually plays him is testament to that.

really...why dont you? why arent you? why isnt anyone playing him...if, in fact, his kit is so great and works so well? no one plays him because, again...for like the 800th time...his kit works well....but it isnt useful.

whats nidus good for? for real....whats his role? hes the guy who wont die. great.....we have like 15 of those already...all (except maybe 1) of them are at least good at a SECOND thing. besides not dying...what can nidus do?

does he cc....barely
can he fly...no
invisible...also no

i get it...hes cool as hell and hes unkillable....but what does nidus do besides not die? warframe is already a pretty easy game where none of the content is particularly difficult. we dont really need a frame that cant die. that has 1 single use (arbitrations) and even that....there are better choices. in a game where we play as nigh unstoppable nightmare killing machines, single-handedly murdering high level troops by the hundreds....not dying isnt a very useful trait. we already almost never die.

yeah ok...nidus is cool and we all like him...but if youre above say mr 13 or so.....he doesnt bring anything to the table besides being cool...which sure...is sometimes enough i guess. but wouldn't it be better if he were cool AND contributed something?

can he nuke a bunch of bad guys real quick? no

When detonated by  Virulence, when their hosts die, when killed, or when Ravenous duration expires, Maggots explode to deal 100 / 110 / 125 / 150  Blast damage to all enemies within a 4 meter radius.

Explosion radius is affected by Ability Range.

Explosion damage is affected by Ability Strength and the number of Mutation stacks accumulated.

For example, a rank-30 Nidus with a maxed  Intensify equipped and 50 Mutation stacks will have an explosion damage of:
Base Explosion Damage × (1 + Ability Strength rank bonus + Strength Mods) × (1 + Number of Stacks) =
150 × (1 + 0.15 + 0.3) × (1 + 50) = 11,092.5

And:

Combine with  Virulence to deal high damage to multiple enemies and earn Mutation stacks quickly.

It is highly recommended to build for range to allow Larva to catch as many enemies as possible.

Weapons and abilities with splash damage and/or punch through can be used to quickly dispatch enemies stuck in Larva.

When Larva expires, enemies will drop to the ground and begin to recover from their ragdoll state. Recast Larva to immediately disable them again.

Combine with  Ravenous to group up enemies for your Maggots to feast and explode on.

Oh wait, there's more: 

Teeming Virulence is a Warframe Augment Mod for  Nidus that grants increased critical chance for Nidus' primary weapon upon hitting 4 enemies with a single use of  Virulence.

Gee....i wonder what would happen if you used a high damage AOE weapon with this mod.....

does he cc....barely

Larva is one of the best CC in the game. Literally what are you talking about.....people used the Helminth specifically for khoras 2 and nidus' larva....

Enemy target is invulnerable to outside sources of damage and immune to external crowd control effects while Parasitic Link is active, but is not immune to damage and crowd control effects transferred from Nidus. Damage from outside sources is accumulated and dealt to the target when the ability expires or is manually deactivated.

is he speedy...far from it

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Sprint_Speed

Read this for all of the ways available to increase your sprint speed. 

can he fly...no
invisible...also no

He's not a stealth frame....nor is he a "flying" frame....and expecting him to be is borderline trolling. There are frames for using stealth.....are you expecting loki to have Nidus' abilities? 

If your going to give tips on Nidus people you need a few things. 1 know Nidus. 2 understand why no one plays him.

know Nidus. Can you stack from 0 to 100 in 15 seconds with 8 high level mobs?

his problems. Why is he just not fun to play? Why would you pick almost any frame over him in general gameplay? Stacking people, how his stacking works.

Address these issues and have an understanding of how the frame plays before trying to put in your 2 worthless cents. Adding your own uneducated opinion just makes Devs think he’s peachy and not worth addressing.

The real problem with nidus, like everysingle warframe with suck/group ability, its that ability will not suck enemies if they are behind the walls.

The classic vauban max range where all the enemies are behind the walls and not going to your ability and you see magnetic damage everywhere but there is not enemies with you.

1 hour ago, Danielw8 said:

The real problem with nidus, like everysingle warframe with suck/group ability, its that ability will not suck enemies if they are behind the walls.

The classic vauban max range where all the enemies are behind the walls and not going to your ability and you see magnetic damage everywhere but there is not enemies with you.

Your character can move. 

Would be nice  if ravenous area got bigger with range mods. Imagine filling an entire room with infested growth...

11 hours ago, maycne.sonahoz said:

I like playing Nidus as support, so no.

They could change "parasitic link" to "symbiotic link" when targeting allies though. Not like it matters, but still, why not.

I do agree about him being relatively static , but that's fine , some frames just have a better niche to fill.

He does not need a rework but some qol would be nice , 

enemies that are linked following you,

Actually doing viral damage with virulence ,

Being able to summon stronger infested rather than just maggots.

15 hours ago, cha0sWyrM said:

i see people are starting to talk more about looking at nidus kit. nidus is my favorite frame...thematically hes so interesting and well thought out. i love nidus...hes my boy, but, truth be told...i never use him anymore. hes just too slow for almost all content. it doesnt help that every one of his abilities is static...by that i mean they are all stationary. virulence causes him to stop moving, larva doesnt move, the parasitic link target (if an enemy) doesnt move...and ravenous is a stationary area effect...mobility is a real issue.

so, nidus is really only suited for defense missions or survival, and even then...survival mostly as his kit doesnt really defend anything but himself. thats fine...theres other frames like that...but even then....nidus just cant kill efficiently enough. since hes mostly unkillable himself...i didnt even look at anything survivability related...he doesnt need help with that.

now i dont want to do a complete rework...thats silly...he just needs a bit of a boost. so i thought of some ideas, subtle changes that keep the core play style intact but maybe help nidus be an appropriate choice for the direction de has been pushing the game. im trying to lean in on the infestation angle more.

and before everyone goes nuts...i understand...de doesnt read these...and im just spitballing ideas, im not claiming these ideas are the best ideas, they are just the ones i thought of...if you disagree...thats cool, if you have different ideas, thats cool too.... but we can all be civilized about it...cant we?

ok......remember...im not trying to "change" nidus...just modernize him a bit.....all these things would obviously need to be balanced....ok...he we go:

1. virulence - decrease initial damage by 25% then add viral (same amount as non viral damage) so just for round numbers...100 damage would become 75 + 75 viral. also have each enemy hit extend the virulence out (in a branching pattern) to hit more enemies. there is no max range...it will extend as long as it hits enemies. distance of spread is affected by range

2. larva - doesnt need much...just add viral procs

3. parasitic link - remove ability to cast on allies (no one likes or uses it). linked enemies now fight for nidus (like nekros shadows)...enemies they damage have a chance to also get linked...adding to power str. and dr....(maybe this needs a of max of 3). distance links can be from nidus are affected by range....each one past the first has half the range of nidus from the one that made it.

4. ravenous - functions normally with the following additions: increase maggot number and damage (change damage type from toxin to viral), enemies entering ravenous have a chance to become ensnared, increasing ravenous power and size (maybe 5%-10% per enemy affected by power and range).

since nidus is so movement constrained, the idea here is to have his abilities spread a bit themselves...especially considering the theme. this would still have nidus most effective amidst swarms of enemies, but still useful in mission types where some movement is required. i also think this is more synergistic as you can now use larva to pull enemies into ravenous to make ravenous spread and get stronger. anyway...those are my ideas. i think something like that would go a long way in modernizing such a great frame, without really changing his core game play style or the kinds of things hes good for.

Maybe if you hold the button down larva will spawn on nidus instead and sucks all the enemies into just in front of you and then you could melee them, shoot them or carry them all around sucking more in as you go?

7 hours ago, cha0sWyrM said:

does he cc....barely
can he fly...no
invisible...also no

Yeah lots of accelerant defenders in the house tonight. Argumentative for the sake of it, no capacity for math or logic.

52 minutes ago, (PSN)FK2P said:

Yeah lots of accelerant defenders in the house tonight. Argumentative for the sake of it, no capacity for math or logic.

Saying larva isn't a good CC, saying he needs a rework because he "can't fly" and "cant use stealth" is as anti-logic as it gets. 

Wanting to add a bunch of viral to a frame that's already OP is also clearly someone devoid of logic. 

17 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Saying larva isn't a good CC, saying he needs a rework because he "can't fly" and "cant use stealth" is as anti-logic as it gets. 

Wanting to add a bunch of viral to a frame that's already OP is also clearly someone devoid of logic. 

And counterproductive, IMO. Viral is good now. It may not be in another damage rework. 

15 hours ago, cha0sWyrM said:

that is just my opinion...yes.

right. im new. i dont know how to use him or play the game.

there. happy now?

did i say his kit wasnt functional?
man...you guys just LOVE your straw men dont you?

the issue isnt that he isnt "good"...the issue is that hes getting left behind. hes great at what he does...its just that what he does isnt very useful to how de has been changing the game. its not my fault de is moving away from his strengths....but the fact remains...that is precisely what they are doing. already hardly anyone uses him, without a rework...youll see him used less and less and less.

You come here, going on and on about a rework for a great frame that is powerful and can handle enemies...when you have no idea how to use him? So, you don't understand how to play Nidus but you want a rework for him and are rejecting everyone who is telling you he does not in any way need a rework? Wow!

9 hours ago, cha0sWyrM said:

i seriously cant with you people...youre argumentative simply for the sake of being argumentative.

Sigh...

You may find us nitpicky argumenting about points beside the suggestions you provided, but those points are the reasons you provided for backing your suggestions. And those points, as many here explained, are dubious:
- You claim that no one play Nidus despite the stats showing otherwise -- heck, clearly most of those replying here do play him.
- You claim that no one is interested in an ability feature that many players replied they do use it.

It's fine to want to improve things. But providing such a weak base for your argumentation will only discredit you.

13 minutes ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

You come here, going on and on about a rework for a great frame that is powerful and can handle enemies...when you have no idea how to use him? So, you don't understand how to play Nidus but you want a rework for him and are rejecting everyone who is telling you he does not in any way need a rework? Wow!

bruh. you serious?

1 minute ago, cha0sWyrM said:

bruh. you serious?

Are you serious? People here have been responding in a manner that's not disrespectful and you've ignored them, choosing instead to go on and on about a rework for a frame that, again, doesn't need it. You're also asking for a rework. A rework can shake up a frame significantly. If you had asked for tweaks perhaps the response would have been different.

look everyone. i think you all got the wrong idea here.

i do not care at all in the slightest if you think nidus doesnt need a rework.

i dont care.

DOOOOOOOONT CARE.

i didnt anywhere in my original post ask if anyone thought he needed a rework...did i? no...i said i had ideas about a nidus rework. whether you agree with my notion that he needs a rework or not...is 100% irrelevant to a conversation about what a rework for him could be, or should be. you think hes perfect? you think he doesnt need anything at all? awesome! woo-hoo!!!! go you.

this is a thread about my ideas on what a nidus rework might be like. if you have something to contribute to that conversation...id love to hear it. if you just want to come in here and negate the premise....well then perhaps you need to reevaluate youre relationship with the definition of the word "conversation".

Archived