The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0: Now Live!

[DE]Megan

13 minutes ago, (PSN)RJBrian said:

So you added an extra step? Thanks...

I guess just getting the drops automatically was too easy. What is the point of this really?

Seriously, your going to throw mud when you don't even know the reason DE WAS FORCED BY TWITCH to change.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Userjoke said:

all cool, except that

If you have the stream running you can get it later from your Twitch drops menu.

Drops

Drops you have received are accessed within their corresponding games. Log into the game to experience your new content. You may have a limited time to redeem your Drops, so log in soon after receiving them. You can manage your connections here. Learn more about Drops.

Claimed

There are no items in your inventory yet. Stay tuned for upcoming Drops campaigns.

You could score in-game loot just for watching your favorite channels on Twitch! Learn more.
  • Like 1

Absolutely a downgrade.  Twitch drops are easily exploitable, though.  Viewer counts are largely inaccurate as a metric because it's so easy to lower the quality of the video, turn the volume off, and throw the video into the background.  Then you can just carry on with your day.

I worry that this is the start of more engagement enforcement in streams.  As someone who loathes streamer culture and just comes to Twitch for the drops, I have a feeling this is the beginning of the end for Twitch and me.

1 hour ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Absolutely a downgrade.  Twitch drops are easily exploitable, though.  Viewer counts are largely inaccurate as a metric because it's so easy to lower the quality of the video, turn the volume off, and throw the video into the background.  Then you can just carry on with your day.

I worry that this is the start of more engagement enforcement in streams.  As someone who loathes streamer culture and just comes to Twitch for the drops, I have a feeling this is the beginning of the end for Twitch and me.

Obviously Twitch hope to counter afk stream watching culture - owing to, let’s be honest, many regular streams just being too plain boring to dedicate all that real-life time to watch actively.

Also, I’m willing to bet that those people who did not get expected drops under the old drop system, even when having properly linked accounts, still won’t receive drops under the new system...

• Like 1

On 2021-02-12 at 6:47 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Hello Tenno!

Back in 2017 we launched Warframe Twitch Drops and made continual back-end changes for stability, variety, and overall fixing. Now in 2021 we’re excited to launch Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0 - a more user friendly Drop experience!

A VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: Everyone must relink their Twitch Account to their Warframe Account to be eligible for Twitch Drops 2.0. Follow these easy steps below to unlink/relink:

56422bc2a35c73ef5b1942d204540ded.png

1944650c4fbf9423dee1a6d0d0bf7a47.png

What you can expect from Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0:

Upon entering the stream while a drop is active, you’ll be greeted with a chat message at the top of the chat window which can be expanded to see more details about the drop at a glance.

By clicking your Twitch icon in the top right, you’ll see a progression bar depicting how close you are towards claiming the Twitch Drop. Clicking the drop will take you to the Drops main page where a more detailed description of the Warframe Twitch Drop can be read.

Once you have met the Twitch Drop criteria (30 minute watch time, etc) a popup in the chat window will appear for you to manually claim your Drop. 

IF you miss this popup and don’t claim it within chat, you can go into your Twitch Inventory section and it will be waiting there for you to claim: https://www.twitch.tv/drops/inventory  

You must manually claim the Twitch Drop for it to be delivered.

Once claimed, the Twitch Drop may take 5-10 minutes to be delivered to your linked Warframe account. Once delivered, the familiar face of Teshin will greet you in your in-game Inbox.

That’s it! Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0 will debut this Tuesday, February 16th during our Working From Home Community Stream. 

Thanks!

Hell yeah...I’ve started to play your Game many years ago on my laptop...like 7 years ago but i’ve stopped when my laptop went boohoo but now i’ve restarted it and I can Say it is Even better that I used to remember plus many more things added.I cannot wait for the drops.Keep it up

1 hour ago, room199 said:

Obviously Twitch hope to counter afk stream watching culture - owing to, let’s be honest, many regular streams just being too plain boring to dedicate all that real-life time to watch actively.

Also, I’m willing to bet that those people who did not get expected drops under the old drop system, even when having properly linked accounts, still won’t receive drops under the new system...

Right.  But, why wouldn't you be AFK?  The only streams I remotely care about the devstreams that DE puts on, and even then I usually just listen in the background while doing other things.  Or I'm AFK.  

The whole Twitch experience is really hostile.  The chat that flies by and is almost impossible to deactivate on the mobile app... who designed this and thought this was good or healthy?  I get that Twitch is very much not designed for me.  Probably too old.  I derive little to no pleasure from watching someone else play a video game.  But Christ.  I certainly don't blame people for AFKing.  The whole experience seems designed to encourage that.

To be honest, I do not see how this can be considered a downgrade in any way. It takes 30 minutes, then you can quit Twitch and claim your drop whenever you have time and want to. This is 100 times better than letting a stream run for 1+ hour with the hope of getting the drop, and then being disappointed it never arrived. 

You can track the progress by clicking on your account icon up top right, or going into the drop inventory. It's 1 extra step, it takes less than a minute to do. 

Also if streams are bothering so many people, don't watch them or leave the volume up to the bare min to be counted as a viewer, without actually being able to hear a thing so you can go on with your day and forget about the stream even being there. 

And again, for the people being angry at DE, this is a Twitch decision. Twitch is doing this. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jukantos said:

Here's my issue: I successfully unlinked everything, successfully relinked it, but it's not showing up in the "Other Connections" on Twitch.

How do i get it back in there?

Are you using the standalone installed version of Twitch or a web browser, if it's the first just restart the program it's what I did with mine.

If it's the browser tab version try restarting the browser and go back into Twitch in a tab it should then show up.

Click here to check.  https://www.twitch.tv/settings/connections

I would like to see Warframe resume its partnership with Prime Gaming. Watching video game live streams really isn't my thing - unless it's some sort of dev stream. As an Amazon Prime subscriber, I tend to only visit Twitch to claim items from the Prime Gaming page. For a few years, Digital Extremes had been placing free stuff on there. When 2021 arrived, Warframe inexplicably disappeared from the Prime Gaming page. Plenty of other developers (Ubisoft, Rockstar, Riot, Bungie, EA, Devolver Digital, etc) still have their games on there, so the platform for partnership still exists. I'm curious to know if this is because of Tencent or because of Digital Extremes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ltronie said:

What if i already have the Broca Prominence Syandana, what are the drops available for me or am i just not gonna get anything :D

They usually do announcements every time they plan streams. And they usually always have drops! :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ltronie said:

What if i already have the Broca Prominence Syandana, what are the drops available for me or am i just not gonna get anything :D

Well, that syandana is a reward for linking your account, as far as I remember. So you only get one (since you only need one) the first time you link accounts.

Relinking just enables you to continue to receive the regular stream drops, which  are continuing as normal, just without automatic delivery into your in-game inbox.

10 hours ago, Aeoni said:

Well, that syandana is a reward for linking your account, as far as I remember. So you only get one (since you only need one) the first time you link accounts.

Relinking just enables you to continue to receive the regular stream drops, which  are continuing as normal, just without automatic delivery into your in-game inbox.

oh, forgot its for just linking accounts, im dumb lmao :D