Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0: Now Live!

[DE]Megan

7 minutes ago, (PSN)Multi-Melta said:

Could you folks please test this out on mobile to see how it functions there? I don't really have the luxury of a laptop or a desktop, so if the mobile app fails to work then I'm up a creek. I'd hope it works day one but remain sceptical as Twitch has had its share of issues.

Q.What devices can I use to claim Drops?
A.The new Drops service supports using your PC/Mac web browser or on the Twitch app for Android and iOS to earn and claim Drops. Twitch apps on game consoles, smart TVs, and other TV apps do not support the new Drops service at this time.

https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/mission-based-drops?language=en_US#faq
  • Like 1

As much as I applaud the upgrade and I acknowledge that it takes serious work for the Devs to come up with, this is not an upgrade for most users. This is added hassle for no benefit. Please seriously consider not applying this change @[DE]Megan and team, because this is not something anyone wants. The progress bar is nice, but I'd rather not have it if it requires me to redeem via Twitch instead of automatically getting rewards. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, CashewFrame said:

Wait... is there a audio twitch app thingy? Or are you just listening on your headphones with it in another tab.

Also, it will work, because you can claim it later.

You can select audio only in the twitch app.  I do that to save on bandwidth since some places have data caps and I guess if this change is bad they want to screw over those people even more. 

Funny thing is many times I know I have watched enough and still didn't get the item.   Guarantee this will still occur and now DE will just say "not our problem".  I also see people coming in around halfway that might just not even stay on because they're our a chance they don't "trigger" the required amount.   Lol can't wait until tennocon and other huge streams when it always doesn't work and DE will just shrug and throw the blame away. 

Edited by Opetyr

1 minute ago, (NSW)Windbornesword said:

As much as I applaud the upgrade and I acknowledge that it takes serious work for the Devs to come up with, this is not an upgrade for most users. This is added hassle for no benefit. Please seriously consider not applying this change @[DE]Megan and team, because this is not something anyone wants. The progress bar is nice, but I'd rather not have it if it requires me to redeem via Twitch instead of automatically getting rewards. 

It's not up to them, it's Twitch's change.

That said, don't speak for everyone. I actually prefer this over guessing that I got the drop while at work. There have been valid criticisms to be sure that I don't have to worry about, like different platforms, but this is actually convenient for me and I suspect a great many users.

Regardless, the decision is out of DE's hands as the old system is no longer being supported by Twitch as of 2/21, which I have reiterated numerous times in this thread.

• Like 3

I don't like it.  I don't like Twitch and would prefer to have as little direct interaction with them as possible.  I will probably watch fewer streams, and only if the rewards are absolutely incredible.  I'll still probably make time for devstreams, but probably go back to just catching them on youtube instead.

1 minute ago, DrivaMain said:

You just made people with busy lives have a harder time to receive drops.

This move is one step forward two step backwards.

1 minute ago, (NSW)WingZero33 said:

I like all the ideas except for the unnecessary click you added to claim it.  That is a very bad design choice.

Twitch, not DE. They've had this system in place for a while. Support for the current functionality is ending next week. Also, it doesn't make people with busy lives have any more of a difficult time. Just redeem it from Twitch when you have the time; it doesn't have to be during the stream.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)Catch Lightning said:

Yeah. I'm sure they want more interaction with their streams.

Why would you think that? This doesn't require any more interaction with their streams than the current system. It requires one more interaction with Twitch, but you don't even have to get back to your computer while the stream is still live to do that part.

3 hours ago, IspanoLFW said:

This doesn't actually do anything to prevent that either, since if you miss the pop-up, it goes into your inventory to claim later.

Yup. As far as I can tell, it's just an inconvenience for no good reason.

36 minutes ago, FilibusterCrabz said:

I actually prefer this over guessing that I got the drop while at work.

So if you see that you haven't... what exactly are you going to do with that information?

Edited by SordidDreams

3 minutes ago, FilibusterCrabz said:

Why would you think that? This doesn't require any more interaction with their streams than the current system. It requires one more interaction with Twitch, but you don't even have to get back to your computer while the stream is still live to do that part.

It would encourage people to at least "look" at their stream a second time.

Complaining that its worst won't do a thing, this is out of DE hands as its a change coming from Twitch with them ending support to drop 1.0.

DE kept the drop using 1.0 for as long as they could, now that its getting removed completly if they still want to do drop it gonna have to follow 2.0 rules from Twitch

• Like 3

Complaining that its worst won't do a thing, this is out of DE hands as its a change coming from Twitch with them ending support to drop 1.0.

They literally wrote on their first page "hurrah, we made it better, not sorry, twitch made it worst":

"Back in 2017 we launched Warframe Twitch Drops and made continual back-end changes for stability, variety, and overall fixing. Now in 2021 we’re excited to launch Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0 - a more user friendly Drop experience!"

There is nothing use friendly with this manual drop claim feature, no matter if it's a popup in chat or somewhere buried in the twitch page jungle nobody cares about.

Edited by MaxiTB

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)Catch Lightning said:

It would encourage people to at least "look" at their stream a second time.

Sure, it might. But it's telling that DE waited as long as possible to make this change, when Twitch has been rolling this system out all year. It's not DE's system, and the old one ends in a little over a week.

9 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

So if you see that you haven't... what exactly are you going to do with that information?

I will do what one does with information: be aware of it, and not expect to have the item when I get home. Also, while it may not amount to much, I will have tangible evidence (provided the progress bar accurately tracks my time) that I was present, if that were ever needed for some reason. But mostly I'd have momentary disappointment at work and process that, instead of logging on to realize my disappointment. What else would I be expected to do with that information? Information doesn't need to be actionable.

They literally wrote on their first page "hurrah, we made it better, not sorry, twitch made it worst"

@MaxiTB, welcome to the role of Community Managers. They're partnered with Twitch. They can't go slamming it in their official forums.

Edited by FilibusterCrabz
  • Like 1