Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0: Now Live!

[DE]Megan

I remember to wait 29mins then log on to check if you got the drop. If you don’t get the drop, just do a quick relink, and then 10 to 15 mins into the stream You’ll get the drop. I’ve noticed that they say you need to have 30mins of the stream playing before you get the drop. However, it’s about 15 to 20mins to get the drop. 

whenever I never got a drop from a stream after checking my mail 30mins into it. I’d relink and within 10 to 20 mins max I’d automatically get the drop. The major disappointment when you do watch the stream and need a drop that is hard to farm for, and don’t get it after relinking your account and still make the 30min required watch time. You can't prove that you had your volume at 1%, and not muted during the stream. Also, you can't prove that you watched one 1hour plus Of the stream. If you opened a ticket, and try to upload a 1hour plus screen recording to prove that you met the prerequisites. It's impossible to upload that huge file.

The best fix that will work for everyone to get the twitch drops during the stream is to have the MOD that lets you enter ! time command to prove that you've watched the stream for this amount of time. Then everyone that didn't get a drop, just needs to enter the command !time and take a screenshot to open a ticket with WF ; Or create a twitch drop channel for PC, PS4-5, Xbox, and  Switch categories for players to upload their screenshot with their twitch account name, IGN, and email In the category of what system they play on. That way DE can take the info of all the players who've met the requirements, and then send the drops by mail for all of those who uploaded a screenshot with their !time watched in chat. But then again, idk if that will pull more attention away from more important things than just a twitch drop.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, -CCC-BeardedPike said:

I think the reason they're making us claim it manually now is because people have been complaining about not automatically receiving their drops. The progress meter will let people know if they have met the criteria to receive the drop, which means this is far less likely to happen. I'd say it's an improvement.

This.

There have been several drops I haven't received at all,mainly just ones that have NEVER worked like the dax bust two times in a row. Support told me they couldn't help in anyway despite all my screenshots,Expecting it wouln't work once again. Behold,I still don't have a dax bust even though I did everything to get them both times.

These changes,I hope,will make it so you won't just not get something again since you can live track drops with the timer.

Edited by wizardeiges

Err Why??

Well tbh I am in place that connection is a bit slow... so extra step is a bit annoying so to speak :D

I will just wing it then.

Well hope this turns out well like you guys intended

(Btw maybe fix some bugs is better than changing how to get the twitch drops, cause so far the auto-claim works just fine (except those players that not online for long time n forgot to claim their own mail ... maybe))

Still Thanks a lot xD

1 hour ago, Tr0yMC said:

I don't understand what progress this is supposed to be, it will be even more cumbersome. Such a nonsense. 🤮

Has worked well so far(at least I can't complain).

The reason for the change is that Twitch is discontinuing support for the current drop system that has been in use, and forcing DE to switch to the new one Twitch has implented a while ago. Twitch are the ones asking for more interacting with the stream and not DE.

Edited by smashedwookie
  • Like 2

My PC and PSN accounts were linked properly before. But I have followed the instructions (cut the link from both sides) and reconnected. So we'll see how it goes.

Lots of people are saying that this was not a DE decision, it was actually a Twitch issue. It would probably be good to have an official statement to confirm that. The announcement didn't say.

Regarding "some assembly required" and the need to claim the loot, I usually only watch the first 5 minutes of the stream to get any actual news. So if the reward stays until it gets claimed, and it actually works, then I can cope with the changes.

3 minutes ago, unrealityCatalyst said:

I'm having trouble relinking after getting the accounts delinked. 401 - invalid csrf token. Can I get some help over here?

This is caused when your browser cannot create a "secure cookie". My suggestion: I suggest you logout of both warframe.com and twitch.tv, then clear your cookies, then login and try to link again. Google's suggestion: When I searched "invalid csrf token", google suggests you disable ad-blockers, script-blockers, and allow cookies.

Give those a try. Hope it helps!

11 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

Lots of people are saying that this was not a DE decision, it was actually a Twitch issue. It would probably be good to have an official statement to confirm that. The announcement didn't say.

While I think this transparency would be nice, I suspect it won't happen because of their partner status; they don't want to cast blame, or look like they are. Twitch would want this advertised as a positive change. But one doesn't need to look far to see the evidence. Per Twitch the old system is ending on the 21st of this month, The options really are to not have drops or adopt the system Escape from Tarkov, Elder Scrolls Online, and Sea of Thieves have been using this last year.

If they didn't state it in this announcement, we can really only surmise that conclusion as a community, because we won't hear more about it. I think it's telling they've used it as long as they have, though. They've had the opportunity to switch for quite a while.

i like the idea of the progress bar that's nice sometimes you receive the prize sometimes not, but some questions need to be asked

First, how much time after the stream can we claim the prize in our invetory because if that's have a timer to claim it that's gonna cause some problems

for example: i live in europe, time are not the same here, when you do your thursday stream at 17pm for me it's already friday at 1am, so thinks about those of us who work or live in another country , sometime we launch the stream and go to bed or at work and when we come back prize await for us, but if you make a timer the time we wake up or come to your home is already too late, so no timer please even if we claim it days later 

Second when do we need to do the relink account, because nothing tells me that if i'm doing it right now, it counts already or not? and same question as the other can we stay with the old system if we dont relink, i must assume that the answer is no, being with two systems at the same time seems a bit difficult to handle i think

that's not critical just some questions, i want so bad the nelumbo shawzin and i dont want to miss it because of the new system; so i'm going to stay wake up at 2am for this time because you never know , that be so simple if the great drop happen on the three other days but it's home time you have to have a great reward for it, warframe gonna not let me sleep up well XD first the drone and now the shawzin that's so great prizes dont misunderstand me i'm so happy with that, my wife not so well i say xd

8 hours ago, (PSN)tekkitdooood said:

How is this a more user friendly experience? All you've done is add an extra step to claiming twitch rewards.

Because now we will be able to see that we are earning the reward, instead of just waiting 30min and hoping for the best. That's the entire reason they changed it. That and so people get easily get the info about what the drop is right from twitch and not have to ask 100 times in stream.

• Like 1

Jesus Christ. Is it really THAT hard to read? Is it? Elder Scrolls Online has been using this system for some time now and I had no problem at all. You can claim through the chat or through the inventory page. It stays there for some time, until you claim it. I don't know how long it'll actually be with Warframe, but Elder Scrolls Online gave you 24 hours to claim your drops. I doubt it'll be less than that here. Open the stream, AFK, return, go to the inventory page, claim.

• Like 1

DE communication failure here: DE chose to position this as a DE-led user-friendly improvement for the sake of Warframe players, instead of transparently passing on this Twitch announcement: "With all the new features and improvements in this new version of Drops, we now consider the existing version a legacy product that we will no longer support after February 21, 2021."

Had DE chosen transparency, they would have appeared compassionate, with an opportunity to say, "We understand most of you prefer automatic drops, unfortunately Twitch will no longer supports that system, so we've decided to improve the drop quality or reduce watch time to compensate for this inconvenience." 

Clearly the positioning chosen by DE has created a lot of unnecessary confusion/frustration in the community. "One of our core pillars is transparency and so we’d like to let you know what that means: We will remain creatively independent, we expect no changes to Warframe or how our studio operates, and we will remain as dedicated as ever to you, the community, who has been with us every step of the way since we launched Warframe." That's actually not what transparency means, in any dictionary, and any reasonable customer should raise an eyebrow when a corporation puts out statements like "we’d like to let you know what transparency means" next to "we're moving to Twitch Drops 2.0 because it's more user-friendly" .... 

As a newer player, DE has made a poor impression over the first couple months of my experience. They release a pitiful, bug-filled event that wouldn't sell 100k copies as a standalone game, they release new fashion wings that have users complaining all over the forums and chatrooms... I've seen the YoY decline stats, and I won't be dedicating years of my time to this game, not when PS Store sales and PS Now offer so much more value and respect in exchange for my engagement. 

Edited by (PSN)LuctorNonMergor
grammar
  • Like 1

vor 58 Minuten schrieb (PSN)BlightDragon89:

Because now we will be able to see that we are earning the reward, instead of just waiting 30min and hoping for the best. That's the entire reason they changed it. That and so people get easily get the info about what the drop is right from twitch and not have to ask 100 times in stream.

Sure, that's why they changed it. Twitch turning off Legacy Drops a week from now is just a coincidence.

• Like 1