Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0: Now Live!

[DE]Megan

16 hours ago, (PSN)Waklor said:

Does this sound WORSE than the previous setup to anyone else?

It sound worse to me too what happen if you like have work and left the pc open to play the steam with timer to close after is end i do it in Monday i work night went it start here i live the item will stay to get it went i return home or it lost went the steaming ends ?

17 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Hello Tenno!

Back in 2017 we launched Warframe Twitch Drops and made continual back-end changes for stability, variety, and overall fixing. Now in 2021 we’re excited to launch Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0 - a more user friendly Drop experience!

A VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: Everyone must relink their Twitch Account to their Warframe Account to be eligible for Twitch Drops 2.0. Follow these easy steps below to unlink/relink:

56422bc2a35c73ef5b1942d204540ded.png

1944650c4fbf9423dee1a6d0d0bf7a47.png

What you can expect from Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0:

Upon entering the stream while a drop is active, you’ll be greeted with a chat message at the top of the chat window which can be expanded to see more details about the drop at a glance.

By clicking your Twitch icon in the top right, you’ll see a progression bar depicting how close you are towards claiming the Twitch Drop. Clicking the drop will take you to the Drops main page where a more detailed description of the Warframe Twitch Drop can be read.

Once you have met the Twitch Drop criteria (30 minute watch time, etc) a popup in the chat window will appear for you to manually claim your Drop. 

IF you miss this popup and don’t claim it within chat, you can go into your Twitch Inventory section and it will be waiting there for you to claim: https://www.twitch.tv/drops/inventory  

You must manually claim the Twitch Drop for it to be delivered.

Once claimed, the Twitch Drop may take 5-10 minutes to be delivered to your linked Warframe account. Once delivered, the familiar face of Teshin will greet you in your in-game Inbox.

That’s it! Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0 will debut this Tuesday, February 16th during our Working From Home Community Stream. 

Thanks!

When does this stream start? And where do i go an log in to to participate and maybe earn the Twitch Drop ??

Il y a 16 heures, HunterDigi a dit :

I can't stay for prime time because it starts at 2am so it's not really fair (same for a lot of other people that should sleep at that time).

Maybe have a re-run scheduled 12h after so that people can tune in and claim drops too? (excluding people who already got the drop in the live one)

Drop schedule as is for a non-Canadian/US player:

monday:  miss this one because I'm travelling home from work

Tuesday: ok

Wednesday: I'm in work

Thursday: midnight, usually in bed getting ready for work

Devstream: some but not all can be caught because of work

Saturday/Sunday I have time to watch but they aren't on.

so, yeah, a recording of the live stream that we can watch within X days of the original and claim the drop would be very much appreciated :)

also, why not a progress bar + auto-delivery? not sure I understand the requirement for a manual collection but the fact that it appears in the inventory until its collected should be fine.

• Like 1

Appreciated, exciting to finally see some tangible innovation on the drop system, especially given the intermittent trouble some of us had with the system up to now. I hope the system itself is very much improved, but if absolutely nothing else, at the very least we can expect to be able to manually confirm our own participation and track progress as opposed to crossing our fingers.
👏

I already don't like Twitch Drops 2.0

I usually watch the streams with the chat window closed. now we have to manually catch the drops 👎 awful 

Also why not change the criteria to 30 minutes cumulative (in total) instead of consecutive minutes? if lets say one is watching the stream and after 28 consecutive minutes he's connection went down for 4 minutes he won't get any reward 👎 awful

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RoyBarina said:

I already don't like Twitch Drops 2.0

I usually watch the streams with the chat window closed. now we have to manually catch the drops 👎 awful 

Also why not change the criteria to 30 minutes cumulative (in total) instead of consecutive minutes? if lets say one is watching the stream and after 28 consecutive minutes he's connection went down for 4 minutes he won't get any reward 👎 awful

Where do u go to watch them?

I get you want the live views and engagement, but what I've never understood about these things is that you're streaming when a LOT of people are at school or work, or asleep depending on where they're from or what shift they work.  Especially for the people that work, (you know, the people that can and do spend money on the game) we miss these streams pretty much every single time.

Why can I not get the drop for watching the stream after it's over?  I've missed out on a lot of really good (and plenty of not so good) things because of real life and responsibilities, and it always feels like a slap in the face when you give out something really nice that I just don't get because I'm at work.  No I'm not going to leave my computer running for hours and hours on end with Twitch up just to get a drop, and no I can't have it running on my phone while I'm at work.  It's just super crappy to be constantly missing out on these things.

18 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

a more user friendly Drop experience!

18 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

You must manually claim the Twitch Drop for it to be delivered.

How is that more user friendly? And what happens if I forget to claim it from inventory? Does it just sit there waiting or does it expire? The streams are in the middle of the night for me and a lot of European players so it is really easy to fall asleep and forget to claim the reward in the morning.

• Like 2

This really does seem like a lot of faffing around to get a twitch reward....

And lets be honest this is basically a way of dodging the issue of players not receiving items by shifting the system onto the user rather than DE/Twitches end.

Personally I'd have preferred an alert to pop up in game after the streams for 24 hours because I'm going to be honest here, I'd rather be playing warframe (although I'm not at the moment) than watching someone else play it....

• Like 1

@[DE]Megan

I think this announcement would be improved with a very clear an unambiguous YOU CAN AND SHOULD DO THIS RIGHT NOW at the top. it is implied by the post existing at all, but I was genuinely confused about when I should be doing this. 

I may just be a dunce though.

2 hours ago, Aeoni said:

Those were my thoughts. X3 I never dared to touch my link because it worked dependably unless the problem affected everyone.

But it's probably going to be fine. <3

Yeah I just did all the unlinking and relinking time will tell.

I also use the standalone Twitch program installed on my second computer so I don't get the problems that a browser sometimes throws up.

Edited by Slayer-.
  • Like 1

This strikes me as being a bad idea, being done for unknown reasons, on virtually zero notice, that looks to have the net result of making everything about it more annoying, adding new places for the system to break down, all while demanding extra efforts from everyone, and alienating all those who didn't happen to stumble on this post in the short time before the change is put into place.

I love you guys, but you sure don't make it easy.  :(  

• Like 2

Just now, ApHrafen said:

This strikes me as being a bad idea, being done for unknown reasons, on virtually zero notice, that looks to have the net result of making everything about it more annoying, adding new places for the system to break down, all while demanding extra efforts from everyone, and alienating all those who didn't happen to stumble on this post in the short time before the change is put into place.

I love you guys, but you sure don't make it easy.  :(  

Apparently the change was forced by twitch as they were stopping previous drops very soon.

• Like 1

Is there any compensation for people who are unable to watch the stream and get the drops due to Real-Life issues, but who watch the recordings after?

I personally cannot watch the Friday streams due to religion (active use of electrical devices on the Sabbath is prohibited), and when the drops are not cosmetic but gameplay-affecting (unique weapon bps, umbra forma, etc) it feels like I and others like me are being specifically (though unintentionally) excluded.

12 hours ago, FilibusterCrabz said:

I do agree there could have been more transparency and clarity in those initial posts, but they're generally pretty thorough about this sort of thing, so I have to imagine the reason they weren't, and the reason we haven't had anything beyond answers already provided in the Twitch documentation, is because that matter is out of their hands. It's hard to say for certain, but this all comes across as very deliberately organized to give the information that it does. Twitch is gonna Twitch.

There's no denying it has caused a lot of confusion and vitriol, though.

I was meaning they should have included more of the reasoning why this is changing with links to "twitch is shutting down old drops we can't stop it" many people seem to be thinking this is a DE change to "make it harder" or "screw us over" when it is actually twitch "making it harder" and "screwing us over"

Also a clearer FAQ section in the initial post might have also helped even though it does seem like a lot of the confusion is from just not reading the whole initial post.