Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0: Now Live!

[DE]Megan

Just now, finnishcoffee said:

This feels like a bit of a hassle... I *never* have that chat box open because of all the annoying spammage.
I also live in a timezone where I can't sit up at 3 am to watch, but I can start Twich and go to bed with speakers physically turned off and then Teshin sends the thingy.

Now you guys are making me stay up at horrid hours because I have to interact with Twitch during the liveshow?

That honestly stinks...

This is definately a turn to the worse I think.

I do really wish people would read the previous posts.

Lucky for you absolutely nothing changes. Just the next time, before you login (or after, do it whenever!) redeem the drop. It doesn't have to be claimed the the moment it's available or during the stream. The chat notification is just a notification.

56 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Hello Tenno!

Back in 2017 we launched Warframe Twitch Drops and made continual back-end changes for stability, variety, and overall fixing. Now in 2021 we’re excited to launch Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0 - a more user friendly Drop experience!

A VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: Everyone must relink their Twitch Account to their Warframe Account to be eligible for Twitch Drops 2.0. Follow these easy steps below to unlink/relink:

56422bc2a35c73ef5b1942d204540ded.png

1944650c4fbf9423dee1a6d0d0bf7a47.png

So, what about people like me where it literally took tech team involvement and about three weeks to link the first time round?

We going to be manually awarded missed drops if we hit the same issue again linking twitch and wf?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, (PSN)Da_Kine_99 said:

How long will it stay in your Twitch inventory if you miss the manual pick

43 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Drops in your Twitch Inventory don't expire. They'll be there waiting until you eventually claim!

@[DE]Megan I believe this is incorrect. Based on other streams using this system, if you earn the drop but fail to manually claim it during the campaign window, e.g. the hour window of your stream, it is lost.

I appreciate the visibility of the new system, but like others I am less excited about manually claiming drops. I understand this is a Twitch technology problem outside your control.

• Like 5

I find myself annoyed at these changes. Obviously not DE's fault as this is more due to Twitch itself. As someone who actively avoids chat in Twitch streams and on top of that uses the Twitch app (which has basic as hell functionality) on PS to watch streams for convenience sake I do find myself annoyed at the extra hurdles to claim stuff.

I like the way it was, claiming the drops automatically once you fulfill the criteria.  

Should make an option to either opt for manually claiming the drops or automatically claiming the drops.

That way those having trouble with automatically claiming the drops - can relink & opt for the new implementation with manual claim while others with no issues can stay with the old system by not relinking.

4 minutes ago, FilibusterCrabz said:

I do really wish people would read the previous posts.

Lucky for you absolutely nothing changes. Just the next time, before you login (or after, do it whenever!) redeem the drop. It doesn't have to be claimed the the moment it's available or during the stream. The chat notification is just a notification.

The thing with previous posts is they can be very very many... and I definately don't read all when the list gets long. =)

For this reason, that info might have been nice to have in the initial announcement.

• Like 1

I don't know about you, but 2.0 seems like a downgrade to me.

Before: watch stream, get rewards.

After: watch stream, remember to turn on the annoying spam-"chat"-thingy, actually look at spam-block for the rewards message, do whatever the claim procedure us, get rewards, quickly hide the spam block again.

Can we just stick with the old one? I don't see the benefits at all, just more steps and inconvenience to achieve the same result as before <_<

• Like 4

So many Karens here it's not bad your still getting free stuff don't ruin that with your complaining they could just stop doing the drops and only offer news once in a while and in general not treat the community like they are important to the growth of the game they know we're their bread is buttered time for you to stop and see where your is 

Edited by (PSN)ClaimingKarma
Missing letter int that
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, TheAvidoZ said:

That method will still work. 

The manual trigger is just an optional way of claiming the reward as soon as it become available to you. You can still AFK it and claim the item from Twitch inventory at your leisure. 

"IF you miss this popup and don’t claim it within chat, you can go into your Twitch Inventory section and it will be waiting there for you to claim: https://www.twitch.tv/drops/inventory  "

Thank you! I just went back and reread that! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, (PSN)chabala said:

@[DE]Megan I believe this is incorrect. Based on other streams using this system, if you earn the drop but fail to manually claim it during the campaign window, e.g. the hour window of your stream, it is lost.

I appreciate the visibility of the new system, but like others I am less excited about manually claiming drops. I understand this is a Twitch technology problem outside your control.

Twitch is somewhat vague on this. Based on Escape from Tarkov drops, they do expire, and it's not really clear what the criteria is.

However, according to their own conditions

The campaign will be hidden from all views. Any rewards earned by viewers will remain within their inventory, if they have earned them or claimed them already.

items will remain in the inventory. So I'm going to trust @[DE]Megan on this point for now, since I suspect they would have a clearer idea of their drop system; Tarkov's developers were already aware the drops expire.

• Like 1