Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0: Now Live!

[DE]Megan

11 minutes ago, Zeracronius said:

Does anyone even read the previous posts?
So many times the same things are being complained about over and over despite already having been answered multiple times.

Unfortunately, its not that common. People often tend to have a gut reaction to an opening post, and then go to post their strong feelings, without really checking to see if such concerns or questions have already been asked and addressed. I sort of get it... kind of... People love to express themselves, and nothing inherently wrong with just expressing ones immediate concerns or reaction, or presumptions. 

Personally I like to read through the replies quickly, second guess my assumptions, weigh up the possible positive and negative consequences of a change or proposal, drink a fine glass of wine, muse over subtle implications of various posts, post something ironic and sarcastic, wait to have to clarify to someone that replied to me, that I was being sarcastic, apologise, etc etc Thats just me though! 

In any case I also appreciate that you summarised and clarified various points of contention! I think everyone will eventually be fine with the changes, sometimes just takes time, and now we will have a little progress bar, to help us know, how that time is going too! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Unfortunately, its not that common. People often tend to have a gut reaction to an opening post, and then go to post their strong feelings, without really checking to see if such concerns or questions have already been asked and addressed. I sort of get it... kind of... People love to express themselves, and nothing inherently wrong with just expressing ones immediate concerns or reaction, or presumptions. 

Personally I like to read through the replies quickly, second guess my assumptions, weigh up the possible positive and negative consequences of a change or proposal, drink a fine glass of wine, muse over subtle implications of various posts, post something ironic and sarcastic, wait to have to clarify to someone that replied to me, that I was being sarcastic, apologise, etc etc Thats just me though! 

In any case I also appreciate that you summarised and clarified various points of contention! I think everyone will eventually be fine with the changes, sometimes just takes time, and now we will have a little progress bar, to help us know, how that time is going too! 

I don't expect people to read entire threads that have existed for a while. It's nice, sure, but reading maybe the first page or two? Absolutely expect it.

• Like 4

I like the progress bar, but making us click to actually claim it just put a bullet straight into the head of me being able to attend.  Your schedules have a habit of conflicting with my work and school schedules on a regular basis.  Sometimes I'm listening while commuting to one of those.  How long do we get to click the claim?  Should I risk causing an accident on the road to reach for my phone, or just hope there's a shoulder that isn't blocked by the ever present highway construction?

Update: Okay. I admit I gut reacted to this. We're not all twitch experts to know that twitch rewards don't expire.

Edited by Ox4d_Coma
New information

Finally moving to Drops 2.0 

At least now there shouldnt be broken drops. This system has worked perfectly for Sea of Thieves & Elder Scrolls Online :D

Although i dont recall having to relink on those games? Is this due to a rewrite on your backend?

Edited by VoreoTheDragon

2 minutes ago, Zeracronius said:

Both Sea of Thieves and Elder Scrolls Online say that you have 24 hours to claim your drop after the stream.

Yeah, so now if you miss out on the claim its on the user. Problems are usually resolved by relinking again as well instead of raising an issue to support. People dont realize how much easier this system is if they never used it. :)

Edited by VoreoTheDragon

4 minutes ago, Ox4d_Coma said:

I like the progress bar, but making us click to actually claim it just put a bullet straight into the head of me being able to attend.  Your schedules have a habit of conflicting with my work and school schedules on a regular basis.  Sometimes I'm listening while commuting to one of those.  How long do we get to click the claim?  Should I risk causing an accident on the road to reach for my phone, or just hope there's a shoulder that isn't blocked by the ever present highway construction?

Don't pull over or cause an accident to get your drop. If you don't manually click the notification to redeem it will just go into your inventory on Twitch. Don't be hyperbolic, many people have been saying this throughout the thread.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zeracronius said:

Both Sea of Thieves and Elder Scrolls Online say that you have 24 hours to claim your drop after the stream.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/41961/~/how-do-i-claim-twitch-drops-for-eso%3F

https://www.seaofthieves.com/twitch-drops

Twitch say you have until the end of the drop campaign, so perhaps drop expiry is one thing the streamer can control.

5 minutes ago, Katinka said:

Twitch say you have until the end of the drop campaign, so perhaps drop expiry is one thing the streamer can control.

Going on past drop campaigns with these games, once the campaigns over, its over. The campaign usually lasts a day after the last drop for that 24h window. However each drop still has 24h claim windows, so its now your responsibility to claim not DE. Which should fix a lot of past issues.

It literally takes seconds to relink as well. So I do hope for the first few streams they start explaining this same post.

Edited by VoreoTheDragon

2 minutes ago, Katinka said:

The drop campaign and the reward are actually two different things, according to their definitions. They make no mentions of expiry on the page for rewards, assuming it has been earned, which leads me to believe 1) It's dependent on the developer/streamer or 2) It's standard and unmentioned for some reason on the page that it expires after 24 hours, which seems unlikely because Escape from Tarkov expires after 7 days. So all in all I'm lead to believe that it's indefinite until we know otherwise.

Just now, IspanoLFW said:

I don't expect people to read entire threads that have existed for a while. It's nice, sure, but reading maybe the first page or two? Absolutely expect it.

Yeah, I think its good habit to develop. People often share the same worries, criticisms, and so on, so probably a high likely hood someone has already expressed as much in the first two pages of a thread. Then naturally, if thats the case, also a strong probability, solutions, answers or clarifications have also been stated or offered. That being said, I learned to not expect that from people. 

There was a stream one time, where one of the hosts repeatedly explained that they were aware there was an issue with the drops, and that they and Megan would look into the issue, and find away to compensate or rerun the drop at a later point. Multiple times during the stream. After the stream, we still got pages of people claiming they watched the stream but didn't get the drop... and many replies of people who actually watched the stream, explaining that it was a Twitch issue and that DE/Hosts were aware and would look at ways to rerun the drop at a later date... and then... still more replies asking where their drop was, since they "definitely definitely" watched the stream all the way through. 

I try to be sympathetic, but yeah, I do wish more people just read through posts more, engaged a little bit with each other, like how we are. Putt the Comms back into Community! Sometimes feels like people post like how they tweet. Just short, often inaccurate or presumptive expressions of annoyance, without really checking for context or clarification. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Zeracronius said:

Does anyone even read the previous posts?
So many times the same things are being complained about over and over despite already having been answered multiple times.

Maybe more people would if this had a discussion threading system instead of just quoting.  Nobody wants to read 7 pages of messages just to see if there's a reply buried somewhere in there.

Just now, ThisIsMyWarframe said:

Another nail in the coffin for AFK Twitch use. Gone are the days where I could set up a page refresher and still get the drops while not even being remotely near an internet-connected device, sometimes for days at a time.

Nope, they aren't. Read the post again. While there is some uncertainty about how long they last in the inventory (apart from Megan's clarification), there's nothing about these new conditions that require you to be actively watching.

1 hour ago, SortaRandom said:

Interesting!

Is Twitch Drops 1.0 being phased out the instant 2.0 drops? I enjoyed twitch drops being claimed automatically, so I'm honestly tempted to just leave it at 1.0 for as long as possible purely for convenience.

yes 1.0 will no longer work. You won't get your drops if you don't re-link. I could be wrong but SOT switched too and I stopped getting my drops till i re-linked.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FilibusterCrabz said:

Nope, they aren't. Read the post again. While there is some uncertainty about how long they last in the inventory (apart from Megan's clarification), there's nothing about these new conditions that require you to be actively watching.

Although I still need to click to join the stream upon refresh, it no longer auto-plays like it did in the past. So I still need to be active for a moment, which sometimes isn't feasible.

1 minute ago, MilkyMichael said:

how about us who watch the streams from our phones?

There's no change. Watch the stream and after 30 minutes, the drop will be added to your Twitch inventory for you to claim at your leisure. The manual trigger is an optional method to claim it at it's earliest availability. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThisIsMyWarframe said:

Although I still need to click to join the stream upon refresh, it no longer auto-plays like it did in the past. So I still need to be active for a moment, which sometimes isn't feasible.

That's a fair point, though it has nothing at all to do with this change. This change doesn't require you to click anything, until you redeem your reward, though it's no secret Twitch has been moving to try to limit that sort of behavior. That you have to click to start the stream does indeed kill those plans, but it has no relevance to the fearmongering throughout this thread about Twitch Drops 2.0

1 hour ago, -CCC-BeardedPike said:

I think the reason they're making us claim it manually now is because people have been complaining about not automatically receiving their drops. The progress meter will let people know if they have met the criteria to receive the drop, which means this is far less likely to happen. I'd say it's an improvement.

Dumb excuse as a meter could be added and not need this ''upgrade'' its just a ploy to force more twitch use tbh

4 minutes ago, TheAvidoZ said:

There's no change. Watch the stream and after 30 minutes, the drop will be added to your Twitch inventory for you to claim at your leisure. The manual trigger is an optional method to claim it at it's earliest availability. 

I'm excited! I bought two of these three things this week, so the silver lining is, I guess, that I can test the extent of the expiration and how accurate the progress bar is. At least for the helmet. Not sure I'll be able to even validate another drop for the Nelumbo to trigger a progress bar.