Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0: Now Live!

[DE]Megan

2 minutes ago, Hawk1911 said:

This change won't actually fix that problem, at all, the system may just let you know that if failed but it'll probably still not give people the drop anyway.

This is true. I would hope that with having a visual progress bar it's easier on our end to contact support and have easy proof to show we did indeed watch the stream. Currently it feels like that's a lot harder to prove from our end at least

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain_Rocket505 said:

Oh it is. Cause rather than getting a few messages asking about a delayed drop, they'll be spammed with a ton of messages asking why they didn't get a drop despite watching for 30+ minutes (which they do tbf, but I'm saying it will happen more). The only good part is the progress bar, why couldn't they keep it automatic? If they had the tech to do so then why change it now? 

Twitch backend changes mean they need to change the drop system.

• Like 6

Not sure why everyone is complaining. They're adding something to let you know long you have to watch in order to get the item instead of chat being flooded with 'Where's my drop?!, How long for drop?!?,' etc. A feature which I believe has been asked for before as well.

As for manually claiming, yeah it's an extra step but it will hopefully stem the problem with people not getting the drops as well for whatever random reason. The addition to them being added to an inventory where they never expire is also a plus in my eyes as it seems like it will be added protection if there IS some sort of problem and can't be sent to your account it won't just vanish into thin air. 

Trying to look at it in a positive light. Change isn't always a bad thing ya know.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, SafeRoom said:

Why do you guys have to screw up a good thing? You have forums for a reason. Ask the playerbase first. Set up a pole for things like this.

It wouldn't matter if they asked the playerbase first or not. Twitch is no longer supporting the existing drop system as of Feb 21st of this year. 

https://blog.twitch.tv/en/2020/08/18/available-today-a-new-version-of-drops/

"With all the new features and improvements in this new version of Drops, we now consider the existing version a legacy product that we will no longer support after February 21, 2021. If you have a legacy Drops integration, you will still be able to create and run campaigns until then."

After Feb 21, the current system stops working. We accept that this is the new method or stop getting drops. Those are the options. 

Edited by TheAvidoZ
  • Like 11

1 minute ago, Captain_Rocket505 said:

Oh it is. Cause rather than getting a few messages asking about a delayed drop, they'll be spammed with a ton of messages asking why they didn't get a drop despite watching for 30+ minutes (which they do tbf, but I'm saying it will happen more). The only good part is the progress bar, why couldn't they keep it automatic? If they had the tech to do so then why change it now? 

After reading the statement made by Twitch months back, it's potentially because of the changes Twitch is implementing.  Twitch seems to be trying to encourage viewer engagement by setting up a system where viewers need to claim a reward to be able to earn the next reward.  DE are sticking with only one per stream but if they were to have multiple then Twitch's changes would mean you'd only get the first reward unless you claimed it quick enough to still have time to earn the second.  This however is on Twitch, not DE.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, -CCC-BeardedPike said:

I think the reason they're making us claim it manually now is because people have been complaining about not automatically receiving their drops. The progress meter will let people know if they have met the criteria to receive the drop, which means this is far less likely to happen. I'd say it's an improvement.

This.

34 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Hello Tenno!

Back in 2017 we launched Warframe Twitch Drops and made continual back-end changes for stability, variety, and overall fixing. Now in 2021 we’re excited to launch Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0 - a more user friendly Drop experience!

A VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: Everyone must relink their Twitch Account to their Warframe Account to be eligible for Twitch Drops 2.0. Follow these easy steps below to unlink/relink:

56422bc2a35c73ef5b1942d204540ded.png

1944650c4fbf9423dee1a6d0d0bf7a47.png

What you can expect from Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0:

Upon entering the stream while a drop is active, you’ll be greeted with a chat message at the top of the chat window which can be expanded to see more details about the drop at a glance.

By clicking your Twitch icon in the top right, you’ll see a progression bar depicting how close you are towards claiming the Twitch Drop. Clicking the drop will take you to the Drops main page where a more detailed description of the Warframe Twitch Drop can be read.

Once you have met the Twitch Drop criteria (30 minute watch time, etc) a popup in the chat window will appear for you to manually claim your Drop. 

IF you miss this popup and don’t claim it within chat, you can go into your Twitch Inventory section and it will be waiting there for you to claim: https://www.twitch.tv/drops/inventory  

You must manually claim the Twitch Drop for it to be delivered.

Once claimed, the Twitch Drop may take 5-10 minutes to be delivered to your linked Warframe account. Once delivered, the familiar face of Teshin will greet you in your in-game Inbox.

That’s it! Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0 will debut this Tuesday, February 16th during our Working From Home Community Stream. 

Thanks!

This is an improvement. Why? Because people complained about not getting their drops. This is a way to fix that. 

The people complaining are jsut lazy lol

Edited by (PSN)Seikami_Kieruma
:0
  • Like 5

Just now, Digressive said:

Twitch backend changes mean they need to change the drop system.

In fact the new Twitch system came in August last year. DE has kept us going on the old system as long as they could, but it's being removed in two weeks.

Megan could probably have explained that to begin with though.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Heretic_Angel said:

This is true. I would hope that with having a visual progress bar it's easier on our end to contact support and have easy proof to show we did indeed watch the stream. Currently it feels like that's a lot harder to prove from our end at least

It maybe easier to contact them, but CS doesn't usually get back to us until days later & half of the time there help is either non-existant or they're just unable to help us at all.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Best to relink ASAP so you're ready for Tuesday!

Might want to edit the main post to make that clear that you can (and should) unlink/relink now. I had also initially interpreted it as "you'll need to unlink/relink after the new system goes up", and not everyone will read the comments.

New system seems eh, but I assume it's Twitch's decision, not yours. Rip my 4 year streak, it's been a good run: 71z2cSo.png

I've kept it even when I got banned from twitch chat for saying something stupid a few years ago, didn't swap to a new account.

Anyway, thanks for the info, here's to hoping the new system doesn't die on you as often as the old one did (again, I understand that's on Twitch's end, not yours).

Edited by .Raf
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, -equal- said:

Seems only Afk "watchers" seems so complain about the good change. People nowadays are too lazy to push a button to receive their drops :facepalm:

I get it that they want to prevent afk-drop-claiming. But some of us don't have an alternative because of timezones and work schedules.

Edit: And for the record, otherwise I don't mind the manual step at all!

Edited by Floutsch
  • Like 3

vor 2 Minuten schrieb (NSW)Daenorius:

Due to work/life/time zone, I usually left the stream running whenever I could, or emergency texted my wife to fire up Twitch in time for the stream; it was nice to get back home, open up Warframe and find my drop in the Inbox.

Nothing changed, only you need to push a button to receive the drop. dont know why people start flaming instead of reading and using their brains?!

• Like 1

I've never had a problem with Twitch rewards, but at least i can see my progress. 

1. People keep saying that this isnt user friendly. In fact it may sound bad to the lazy people who dont want to hit a couple buttons, but to the people who have troubles with twitch drops this could be a good thing.

2. Just follow the couple steps to relink the account, and then you dont have to complain anymore. Its really not hard to do guys.

Also, you guys are literally complaining about getting free stuff.

Edited by LK_TheDankest
Added sentence
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Floutsch said:

I get it that they want to prevent afk-drop-claiming. But some of us don't have an alternative because of timezones and work schedules.

This doesn't actually do anything to prevent that either, since if you miss the pop-up, it goes into your inventory to claim later.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, (PSN)Waklor said:

Does this sound WORSE than the previous setup to anyone else?

Yes, but this pushes away problems with Twitch drops at huge events like Tennocon. Elder Scrolls Online for example always had problems with delivering the drop to 70k+ people watching the expansion reveals, this year was super smooth with this system. Pain for the viewer for sure, but now you know from the beginning how long you need to watch and you can even track the progress. Unclaimed drops remain in Twitch inventory for 12-24h if you forget to claim them immediately.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Daenorius said:

Due to work/life/time zone, I usually left the stream running whenever I could, or emergency texted my wife to fire up Twitch in time for the stream; it was nice to get back home, open up Warframe and find my drop in the Inbox.

It sounds like you'll still be able to do that, the only difference is now you'll have to have to manually claim the drop after the fact. 

If I was to guess it's to reduce load on the twitch drop servers because people will naturally stagger the claims instead of having them all automatically spike their servers at about the same time. 

• Like 1