Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0: Now Live!

[DE]Megan

42 minutes ago, VoreoTheDragon said:

Although i dont recall having to relink on those games? Is this due to a rewrite on your backend?

Probably to be sure that a lot of special users link correctly their accounts once for all

P.S: Amazing changes, I'm delighted to read the this thread due people's poor reading skills, it's been a good laugh.

Edited by vanaukas

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

There will be some growing pains no doubt, but it has great changes for transparency that our old system lacked. 

I'm a little nervous, I had my own system until now. Lets see how it goes. Hopefully it will help all the players that never got the drops to work. The progress bar and "saved until claimed" sounds good. If successful, the pros definitely outweigh the cons.

star trek spock GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Omega_Boost said:

I agree with everyone saying it's a bad change. Seems like it just makes it more inconvenient.

While I personally disagree, and actually fail to see how this specifically is more inconvenient, it's out of DE's hands. This is a Twitch decision, and they are ending support for their current drop system on 2/21.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (NSW)Talahga7980 said:

Hello there, I have a question, if I have two accounts (one on pc and one on switch), am I able to get the drops on both accounts if I use the same twitch account or do I have to use a different account for each one?

You can only link one WF account to one Twitch account. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PSN)Waklor said:

Does this sound WORSE than the previous setup to anyone else?

Yes, this seems a far worse end user experience. To take an auto experience and make it more manual doesn't seem like a 2.0. For more steps the drops had want to be a lot better than glyphs and weapon parts that are easily farmed in-game.

1 hour ago, -CCC-BeardedPike said:

I think the reason they're making us claim it manually now is because people have been complaining about not automatically receiving their drops. The progress meter will let people know if they have met the criteria to receive the drop, which means this is far less likely to happen. I'd say it's an improvement.

I think it's far more likely that they are doing this to track user metrics and engagement. That is, you can't as easily just turn on your device with the stream on, and then go do something else. It seems a much simpler way for DE to track the penetration of the streams by putting a 2nd or 3rd manual process part way through a stream. From the numbers, I'd expect them to be making business decisions around drops, stream length, community team, etc. As lovely as the community team are, DE's a business and their role is to be the warm public face. If you're increasing a step from auto to manual, that's not being done for a better end user experience, I expect it's for data capture and decision making. Synical I know, but I don't think they're losing sleep over us not receiving automatic drops. 

6 minutes ago, Omega_Boost said:

I agree with everyone saying it's a bad change. Seems like it just makes it more inconvenient.

This solve the "I didnt get the twicth drop de bad" problem since now you can see whats the drop and theres a progress bar on how much longer you need to watch until you get it, and then claim it in your inventory. Other games already do this and it works.

Just now, (PSN)SpacePirate013 said:

Honestly am not a fan of this development. The Wednesday stream is pretty early for me and this means instead of getting up, turning on the stream, and going back to bed, I now have to actually stay up and manually claim the drop. I'm sure I can get used to it, but still wish this wasn't a thing

No you do not. The manual trigger is optional to claim the drop at it's earliest availability. You can still AFK the stream and claim it from your inventory at your leisure.

"IF you miss this popup and don’t claim it within chat, you can go into your Twitch Inventory section and it will be waiting there for you to claim: https://www.twitch.tv/drops/inventory  "

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)EightCat1 said:

Yes, this seems a far worse end user experience. To take an auto experience and make it more manual doesn't seem like a 2.0. For more steps the drops had want to be a lot better than glyphs and weapon parts that are easily farmed in-game.

I think it's far more likely that they are doing this to track user metrics and engagement. That is, you can't as easily just turn on your device with the stream on, and then go do something else. It seems a much simpler way for DE to track the penetration of the streams by putting a 2nd or 3rd manual process part way through a stream. From the numbers, I'd expect them to be making business decisions around drops, stream length, community team, etc. As lovely as the community team are, DE's a business and their role is to be the warm public face. If you're increasing a step from auto to manual, that's not being done for a better end user experience, I expect it's for data capture and decision making. Synical I know, but I don't think they're losing sleep over us not receiving automatic drops. 

Filibustercrabz already answered this: It is not DE's decision, since the only alternative is no drops at all.

Edited by Zeracronius
Punctuation
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)EightCat1 said:

In addition to what @Zeracronius already covered, I want to emphasize that you do not need to interact with any manual process during the stream at any point so there isn't any extra data to be collected. I suppose Twitch could collect data on how much engagement they get to see how often users redeem during and after streams, but there's no requirement to interact with the system during the "campaign", as Twitch calls it.

Edited by FilibusterCrabz
Emboldening
  • Like 1

Progression bar is neato, but not worth manual hassle. Even worse if drops have expiration days. This change rubs me wrong way. Oh and people in other time zones are screwed. Try to get me do manual "engagement" during 3am.

Edited by (PSN)kon_tio

42 minutes ago, (PSN)SpacePirate013 said:

Honestly am not a fan of this development. The Wednesday stream is pretty early for me and this means instead of getting up, turning on the stream, and going back to bed, I now have to actually stay up and manually claim the drop. I'm sure I can get used to it, but still wish this wasn't a thing

This question was already answered, you can claim at your convenience.