Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About upcoming melee "nerf" and suggested tweak

FallenDisco

4 minutes ago, (PSN)DidacoJack said:

Can you provide a practical example of the quoted part?

Sorry but, by reading it without a proper context, it feels like you are playing with a version of the game that is stuck at melee 2.0.

I'll give you one, Gaundao with Twirling Spire stance mod, if you equip the melee instead of quick melee it utilises a combo that does slash procs, if you use quick melee it won't do this, thus turning a decent melee blender into a high level killing bleed proc slash weapon.

28 minutes ago, (PSN)DidacoJack said:

Can you provide a practical example of the quoted part?

Sorry but, by reading it without a proper context, it feels like you are playing with a version of the game that is stuck at melee 2.0.

If you press E to melee, you are using quick melee, and are given access to standard combo. If you want to use alternate combos you have to RMB+E/LMB, however, RMB quickly swaps you to your gun to instantly start shooting unless you're in the middle of a combo. To freely use combos on the move or block, you have to hold F to enable melee mode, and then click F to disable it and swap to a gun, which is slower to swap too and for me always defaults to the opposite gun. If you want to utilize several of the stances mobility without the clunkiness, you would need to enable melee mode. This is why people say their mobility sucks now and just mash E. I just hold F and stick to melee unless I'm forced into using ranged when ever I play melee, and just use abilities to enhance damage/cc/support allies.

9 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I'll give you one, Gaundao with Twirling Spire stance mod, if you equip the melee instead of quick melee it utilises a combo that does slash procs, if you use quick melee it won't do this, thus turning a decent melee blender into a high level killing bleed proc slash weapon.

Does it work only on non-prime Guandao? Does that combo use different animations or is it just forced slash procs? And most importantly, if it does, does it look cool?

I'm trying on Guandao P but there's no difference. 

13 minutes ago, (PSN)DidacoJack said:

Does it work only on non-prime Guandao? Does that combo use different animations or is it just forced slash procs? And most importantly, if it does, does it look cool?

I'm trying on Guandao P but there's no difference. 

I would assume it works on non-prime though I haven't tried. Personally I find the attacks really annoying lol so I use Shimmering Blight most of the time instead, the animation is too lengthy for me so unless I'm running higher level content I prefer just a blender.
pFwj8Un.png

Note how the rest are not slash attacks.

1 hour ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I would assume it works on non-prime though I haven't tried. Personally I find the attacks really annoying lol so I use Shimmering Blight most of the time instead, the animation is too lengthy for me so unless I'm running higher level content I prefer just a blender.
pFwj8Un.png

Note how the rest are not slash attacks.

Wait, I know about forced procs on Twirling Spire. What I wasn't understanding is why Yamazuki was saying there are difference between combos performed when you have a gun in your hand and those performed while you are in melee only mode (where you get manual block, to be clear). Then you chimed in denoting yet another difference that genuinely made me think some weapons perform differently (both visually and technically) depending on full melee mode or not.

In Twirling Spire case, there no difference between the two modes: for example, if I hold my Tetra and tap melee in idle, I get the first input of Cresting Peak with 2 forced slash procs; the same identical thing happens if I repeat the process but starting from full melee mode.

In the case Yamazuki is presenting, I think he refers to how aiming down sights slows your character movement, even if just for a hundreth of a second, depending on how long you press ADS... Which I personally don't have a problem with, and this comes from a melee primer perspective (I've been using this melee approach since update 2,999whatever dropped), while if you block from melee only your character doesn't slow down.

Lol, I got hyped up cause I though this was a case of exclusive animation on certain weapons, like it was on Vaykor Sydon (I believe? Don't remember anymore) pre-melee 3.0

19 hours ago, (XBOX)Obi Wan Dandobi said:

Its just another change. There were pitchforks at melee 2.9999 and pitchforks before and after. Get your pitchforks cleaned up as im sure you'll be needing them again in the future.

Primed Pitchfork all endo-ed up and ready to go.

Edit: Should have said Pitchfork Prime

19 hours ago, Uan91 said:

They said they will nerf mostly the speed, it's not that bad.

Yeah with me never used speed mods in melee i'm fine with that =P  Never seen the use for speed mods as I can only click the button so fast  so even giving me 1 million % speed i cant click that fast.

Archived