Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

.5 Dispo rivens suck for new and old weapons

parttimeparty

But esp on the new ones. Not like it has not been said before, but they did exactly what they were supposed to do: Cripple the new weapons and make the older version of a new prime better.

Ive lost 1000s in plat in their dumb decision to do this.

And will forever resent them for it.

Bare with me, I'm still hanging hard time moving on. 

That's all. carry on, everyone.

Enjoy your Easter if that's your thing

Well it also sucks when they nerf new weapon rivens from the old 1.0 to .9 and down to .5 so I guess they can only go up from where they are now. Doubt they will move up very fast though and that's where it truly sucks.

It ain't my thing, but thanks anyway.

9 minutes ago, parttimeparty said:

How, exactly?

It's not a rhetorical question. AFAIK Rivens generally behave like any other commodity, increasing and decreasing in value before reaching some meta-stable equilibrium. The only thing a starting disposition does is start the cycle in a tough, rather than a peak or half-way between. But I'd expect you'd lose plat the same way in either case: buying high, selling low. Relatively speaking...

And if that is how you're losing plat - like I said, it's not a rhetorical question - then that's not really something the starting disposition changes. It's a nature of the market.

3 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

Doubt they will move up very fast though and that's where it truly sucks.

That is one of the biggest issue with the change, especially for weapons that already see 0 use, and the "new" version of it is barely an improvement.

Either way, disposition shouldn't even be a thing. They aren't doing much of anything to impact the only thing DE cares about, usage statistics. Most people ignore rivens, and the small section that don't ignore them, most of them only care about using weapons that actually function.

Well , nerfing weapons disposition doesn't cripple said weapon and secondly this is done to encourage user not to use riven as whole reason for rivens in the first place is to promote less popular and weaker weapons , not to power creep already overpowered weapons .

2 hours ago, parttimeparty said:

If you're the kind of High Level Riven Mafia Trader that measures their Losses in the 1000s

then you're also well-off enough that you can afford it.

No, its the Small-Time traders that the .5 dispo hurts the most

people are still gouging 1000+Plat for new weapon "god" rivs

its the Veiled Riven market that's gotten hit harder

no longer can a lvl 5 just pass off his Veiled Rivs for some meager 35plat for some slots he needs; no one's buying veileds anymore

4 hours ago, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

I just find it questionable in general if a weapon sometimes is off better without a riven, than with, just because the stats are that low.

Isn't that the whole point of the riven system? Weapons that are already good receive low disposition and thus will have rivens that do not increase their power, whereas worse weapons receive good riven disposition and thus better rivens and their power is increased. DE's use of usage to reflect power levels has a resemblance of reason to it, but can sometimes be inaccurate. 

Or, you know, don't buy rivens. Play what you get and use them for their intended purpose and try stuff out you normally wouldn't instead of boost weapons that already murder enemies just fine.

You didn't 'lose' 1000 plat. Either you lucked into a pile of plat because RNG favored you and some min-maxer was impatient and wanted a riven for a specific weapon right now. Or you're the min-maxer that wanted a specific riven right now. Even with changes to where they start for disposition, they've always been known that they will change over time.

Tbh tho.. Its a stupid system and whoever thought it should be dictated by popularity and not power needs to reassess their thinking. If what they're aiming for is that weaker weapons be brought up to the level of the stronger ones then the weapon rivens should have static bonus's for each weapon. None of this "catchmoon is popular now, lets nerf its rivens to .5" after the fact. There's always going to be a meta in any game you play of what's "optimal" for play. People should be happy to get rivens for any weapon that'll raise it's stats to the average level across the board, rather than having to deal with constant nerfs or buffs every few months when things get less popular. 

Ps. DE please fix the stug. Even with 400% extra damage from rivens its complete lack of any ability to proc status and low crit chance make it unusable. 

Archived