Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So when is DE gonna make the loot pool indevidual instead of it being for everyone in the squad?

-Just_Hunter-

Just now, Graavarg said:

This is the dumb-ass "Smeeta method", I assume. Leaving loot lying around until you get an affinity buff, so you get "more" when you pick it up?

Good luck with that. And don't blame DE for losing loot you are actually not picking up...

no i dont blame them but they could atleast make it some what reasonabel way to farm kuva with out nerfing it into the ground and the players not having to abuse the game to the max to get something even slightly good out of 120 minutes 

1 minute ago, dkgaming1010 said:

emmm im not confused and its not induvidual and i can prove it cause he lost it too its shared for some stupid reason cause i picked up all the loot there was and we have lost it multipel times because someone had gone afk so there is legit proof of it not being indivudel

I can't say for sure how, but if you think loot is shared you are definitely confused.  Outside of Railjack missions, loot is not shared.

I do believe that there may be a problem you're experiencing, and I would love to help you solve it....but we won't be able to solve it if you focus on the idea that loot is shared, Many of the people replying to you (myself included) have played the game for years, and this has never been the case.

Are you finishing missions?  Because if you abort a mission or fail a mission instead of finishing it, you do not get to keep your loot.

After 6 years on this game (which isn't much compared to many), I've never heard of anything like that. Shared loot? Afk for 40min? Loot cap complaint?

From all the info you've given us, I'm pretty sure there is either no actual problem on your side, or you misunderstood how loot drops work and didn't pick up your own, thinking it would delete it for your friend if you did (which is, actualy, not the case).

il y a 12 minutes, dkgaming1010 a dit :

so there is a new meta for farming

If you were attempting some weird gimmick to get more Steel Essence than you're supposed to, then it's all on you and not the Devs' fault in any way. 

il y a 22 minutes, dkgaming1010 a dit :

yeah if they carred to change the coding of it and why would i just leave i knew i could carry it i just didnt think the loot cap was so low

"cared to change the coding". It's not their problem, but yours. DE made the excess of drops disapear after a while to reduce performance issues, which is a totaly normal and understandable mechanic in any looter-shooter game. It's the same reason bodies/guns/bullet impacts disapear in games like CoD or Battlefield.

Hi there @dkgaming1010^^

I am, like all the other players so far in this thread, confused.
So I will try to summarize the situation with my words: (please correct me if i am wrong)

- there is "loot cap" ( meaning: Only a certain number of drops can be on the ground as a pick-up at the same time), this checks out. no news for me. good.
- your friend was afk (meaning: he did not pick up stuff and old things, e.g. steel essence, started to disappear for you), sure, that's a thing too.
- you were not afk, but you still decided to not pick up the steel essence because of some "new meta"

There it is, number 3! That's why this situation is confusing/weird for the rest of us here:
There is no need to only blame your friend for being afk (which is imo always a....unusual move to do) or to blame the system DE uses for pick-ups/drops. 

You refused to pick up stuff when it was just there, on the ground, waiting for you. 
Sorry to be blunt about it, and this will sound harsh, but : This is your fault. 

If you decide to pick up loot, it will be in your inventory and you will receive it after successfully completing a normal mission. No matter how many of your teammates are afk.  No matter what they personally picked up. (Railjack missions are different things, but I digress)
That's how it works. I am 101% sure about it (+/-2%)

I would personally refrain from going after this "new meta" if this is the result (specially if you mean "waiting for the smeeta buff before picking stuff up. That's not new btw) ...there is no need to not pick up steel essence...just...take it as soon as you see it and you are good to go!

Cheers,
Fabpsi~

edit:

and if things stopped dropping completely because your friend was that long afk (which they don't because, like you said, old things start to despawn first. You will always have a time-window to pick things up is what I am trying to say)...welll...mhh...when this happens more often to both of you, maybe you should probably try to work out a different mission-farming-plan (with less "afk-times" inbetween)

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I can't say for sure how, but if you think loot is shared you are definitely confused.  Outside of Railjack missions, loot is not shared.

I do believe that there may be a problem you're experiencing, and I would love to help you solve it....but we won't be able to solve it if you focus on the idea that loot is shared, Many of the people replying to you (myself included) have played the game for years, and this has never been the case.

Are you finishing missions?  Because if you abort a mission or fail a mission instead of finishing it, you do not get to keep your loot.

we just finished it and im not saying the loot is shared im saying that the loot cap gets reached and you dont have your own individual loot cap okay? so that forces you and your teammates to pick up the loot or else it starts to despawn for everybody and i want all the help i can get to have this solved and i have been playing for years to so i also have some experince with the game too

4 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

After 6 years on this game (which isn't much compared to many), I've never heard of anything like that. Shared loot? Afk for 40min? Loot cap complaint?

From all the info you've given us, I'm pretty sure there is either no actual problem on your side, or you misunderstood how loot drops work and didn't pick up your own, thinking it would delete it for your friend if you did (which is, actualy, not the case).

If you were attempting some weird gimmick to get more Steel Essence than you're supposed to, then it's all on you and not the Devs' fault in any way. 

"cared to change the coding". It's not their problem, but yours. DE made the excess of drops disapear after a while to reduce performance issues, which is a totaly normal and understandable mechanic in any looter-shooter game. It's the same reason bodies/guns/bullet impacts disapear in games like CoD or Battlefield.

yeah i know but the problem still resides in the lootcap being shared instead of indivudal loot caps so i have my own loot cap and my freind has his own instead of we have the same loot cap

1 minute ago, dkgaming1010 said:

we just finished it and im not saying the loot is shared im saying that the loot cap gets reached and you dont have your own individual loot cap okay? so that forces you and your teammates to pick up the loot or else it starts to despawn for everybody and i want all the help i can get to have this solved and i have been playing for years to so i also have some experince with the game too

Okay, I think I see what you're saying, but I still don't think I fully understand it.  You're saying the loot cap is shared, and that when there's too much loot, that the oldest loot starts to despawn.  Up to there I think I follow you.

What I still don't understand is how someone else's loot affects your loot even if the loot cap is shared.  For example, let's say your friend goes AFK and doesn't pick up their loot, meanwhile you're picking up everything. If the loot cap is reached, the oldest loot is removed first.  Since the oldest loot should be your friend's loot, none of the much newer loot on your side should be affected, right?

5 minutes ago, Fabpsi said:

Hi there @dkgaming1010^^

I am, like all the other players so far in this thread, confused.
So I will try to summarize the situation with my words: (please correct me if i am wrong)

- there is "loot cap" ( meaning: Only a certain number of drops can be on the ground as a pick-up at the same time), this checks out. no news for me. good.
- your friend was afk (meaning: he did not pick up stuff and things, e.g. steel essence, started to disappear for you), sure, why not.
- you were not afk, but you still decided to not pick up the steel essence because of some "new meta"

There it is, number 3! That's why this situation is confusing/weird for the rest of us here:
There is no need to only blame your friend for being afk (which is imo always a....unusual move to do) or to blame the system DE uses for pick-ups/drops. 

You refused to pick up stuff when it was just there, on the ground, waiting for you.
Sorry to be blunt about it, and this will sound harsh, but : This is your fault. 

If you decide to pick up loot, it will be in your inventory and you will receive it after successfully completing a normal mission. No matter how many of your teammates are afk.  No matter what they personally picked up. (Railjack missions are different things, but I digress)
That's how it works. I am 101% sure about it (+/-2%)

I would personally refrain from going after this "new meta" if this is the result (specially if you mean "waiting for the smeeta buff before pickung stuff up. That's not new btw) ...there is no need to not pick up steel essence...just...take it as soon as you see it and you are good to go!

Cheers,
Fabpsi~

thanks for taking the time to write that response and i senserily want to help you make it understandenable so the thing is still that the loot cap is shared and not indevidul which in some cases makes you lose your loot instead of it just being your freind losing his stuff i know this might seem selfish and it kinda is but why should i be punish for being a good freind and keep the mission going until he comes back instead of just some new code to be wrote and the problem will be gone?

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Okay, I think I see what you're saying, but I still don't think I fully understand it.  You're saying the loot cap is shared, and that when there's too much loot, that the oldest loot starts to despawn.  Up to there I think I follow you.

What I still don't understand is how someone else's loot affects your loot even if the loot cap is shared.  For example, let's say your friend goes AFK and doesn't pick up their loot, meanwhile you're picking up everything. If the loot cap is reached, the oldest loot is removed first.  Since the oldest loot should be your friend's loot, none of the much newer loot on your side should be affected, right?

yeah you are right but since we let the SE lay on ground until we get our affinity buff from our smeeta kavat the SE is the oldest loot which is why im kinda like why dont they just make it so i have my own loot cap and my freind has his its an easy fix yet it hasnt been done because we havent been forced to do it this way before now

21 minutes ago, dkgaming1010 said:

so there is a new meta for farming SE which me and my freind is doing and we let the SE sit on the floor and yeah there is a limit to how long it can lay down on the floor but its not a timer its a limit to items that can be dropped on floor and the loot cap is shared for the whole squad 

This worked when eximus units dropped SE because you could get mulriple eximuns units to drop SE in a short period of time. Now, with an acolyte spawn every rotation the SE will despawn before the next Acolyte spawns.

It's not a new meta. Waiting for smeeta to buff has always been a thing but it's dangerous because you risk despawn.

Just now, Berzerkules said:

This worked when eximus units dropped SE because you could get mulriple eximuns units to drop SE in a short period of time. Now, with an acolyte spawn every rotation the SE will despawn before the next Acolyte spawns.

yeah if you dont do it this way 

23 minutes ago, dkgaming1010 said:

i lost my loot because the loot cap is shared not individual thats the problem

Here's the thing... unless you two were running survivals in Railjack, then collected loot is NOT universal... The fact that your friend didn't collect his loot has precisely 0 interference on your collected loot.

Regarding the Item Drop Lifetime, which is where your complaint lies, it isn't tied to any of you. Its tied to the item, which starts to have its lifetime decaying as soon as its dropped on the floor. If none of you collected it, then it disappears.

For example, in case what I just said wasn't clear enough:

• Your friends kills an enemy and you kill another enemy.
  • Drop Lifetime is 5 minutes, give or take a few.
    • Each enemy drops Ferrite, for example, but your friend kills his target 2 seconds after you.
      • The drop of your killed target will disappear 2 seconds before the drop of your friend's killed target.

... Its not tied to any of you, its tied to the item as soon as its dropped... Since the item in question that you're complaining about disappearing is Steel Essence, then the Item Drop lifetime is really close to what I described...

I don't know, pick up the Steel Essence instead of waiting for a random buff from both your Kavat companions...

46 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

If your friend is going 40+ minutes afk while you are farming... WHAT?!

im inclined to believe this is the problem at hand. though i've never heard of a loot cap myself.

Just now, dkgaming1010 said:

yeah if you dont do it this way 

Your way didn't work. You got greedy and waited too long to pick up your loot. 

When eximus units dropped SE I would never farm with a pilfer Khora or Nekros because all that extra loot made loot drops poof quicker.

2 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

Your way didn't work. You got greedy and waited too long to pick up your loot. 

When eximus units dropped SE I would never farm with a pilfer Khora or Nekros because all that extra loot made loot drops poof quicker.

i didnt get greedy my freind needed to go to the toilet and i was a good freind a and kept the mission going killing enemies there for more loot is dropping, and because the loot CAP is shared the SE start to despawn and for me and my freind, and yeah its fair that the loot despawns for my friend but it shouldnt despawn for me when im picking my own loot. So my whole point is that the loot CAP shouldnt be shared, And as i wrote "CAP" and not the resource itself i hope you understand what im trying to say now. :)

14 minutes ago, dkgaming1010 said:

yeah you are right but since we let the SE lay on ground until we get our affinity buff from our smeeta kavat the SE is the oldest loot which is why im kinda like why dont they just make it so i have my own loot cap and my freind has his its an easy fix yet it hasnt been done because we havent been forced to do it this way before now

Gotcha, thanks for helping me understand.

My best guess would be that this would be a difficult if not an "impossible" task.  The loot system in Warframe is set up so that players can mark loot (both before and after they collect it) which then also shows that loot as marked to other players.  So even though you collected the loot and can't collect it again, the loot still exists for you, because you can still mark it to help your squad mades find it.  Without removing this feature from Warframe, I don't think they'll be able to change this system; it makes sense that this system would be one of the main reasons the loot cap is shared.

So essentially you lost out on your loot because ultimately "you" decided to let it sit on the ground.

That is not DE's fault and does not justify a change in a loot code that has been beneficial to the majority of players for many years now.

My suggestion is that you learn from this and adjust accordingly.

Just now, (PSN)Unstar said:

Gotcha, thanks for helping me understand.

My best guess would be that this would be a difficult if not an "impossible" task.  The loot system in Warframe is set up so that players can mark loot (both before and after they collect it) which then also shows that loot as marked to other players.  So even though you collected the loot and can't collect it again, the loot still exists for you, because you can still mark it to help your squad mades find it.  Without removing this feature from Warframe, I don't think they'll be able to change this system; it makes sense that this system would be one of the main reasons the loot cap is shared.

yeah which is why im also saying either increase the loot cap or make it individual, and thank you for understanding.

41 minutes ago, dkgaming1010 said:

i lost my loot because the loot cap is shared not individual thats the problem 

Okay, so some clarification. The loot cap is shared. The loot drops are not.

All you have to do is pick up that Steel Essence and only the AFK player misses out. Because the oldest loot disappears first, any new drops of Steel Essence are absolutely unaffected until you actually cycle through the entire loot cap's worth of loot to make that newest drop the oldest.

The 'new meta' is the RNG buff that you get from your Kavat and in testing it's so arbitrary that you genuinely might as well not bother. Or if you do, then you should be doing it solo, because that's the only way you can guarantee that you don't hit loot cap.

Another player going AFK isn't necessary, just a player not picking up their loot because they're using a method that doesn't need ammunition drops or isn't interested in the resources. Because it can happen to you even with another player active and contributing, you shouldn't be using this method in co-op.

Just now, Aesthier said:

So essentially you lost out on your loot because "you" decided to let it sit on the ground.

That is not DE's fault and does not justify a change in a loot code that has been beneficial to the majority of players for many years now.

My suggestion is that you learn from this and adjust accordingly.

i was doing the smeeta meta which is where you dont pick up the SE until you get your affinity boost (as mentioned earlier) without it, it wouldnt really be worth your time, because at one hour spent you only get 30k kuva when i can get 120k kuva instead with the smeeta method. And the true reason why im using this method is because DE has nerfed SE farming so much so that you barely get any kuva for it to be worth your time. You have to sit and spend 4 hours farming without the smeeta method just to get the same amount as the smeeta method does in one hour.

29 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

It's not a new meta. Waiting for smeeta to buff has always been a thing but it's dangerous because you risk despawn.

Loot doesn’t have a set lifetime. Rather, there is a set amount of drops that can be present at a given time. 
So for example, let’s say the loot cap is 100 consecutive items, and that 70 items have dropped after an essence drop (i.e. steel essence is the 1st item, and we are currently on the 71st item).

If 30 more items drop without any of the previous ones being collected, the first item (the steel essence in our example) gets deleted.

If 25 items are collected (chosen arbitrarily), then 30 more items drop, then the steel essence will not despawn as you are still under the drop limit.

So what you can do is carefully manipulate the amount of loot drops present to make sure the steel essence doesn’t despawn.

As someone who did steel path in close to that way, no smeeta was just playing nekros so pretty much afk for 5 minutes or my friend as nekros.

I have never heard of anything like that and it never happened to me, even being afk for close to 5 minutes(me and my friend were doing relics + farming some resource so we checked the amount, my friend was nekros and had something to do so afk for 4 minutes pretty much) the loot amount did not decrease at all(if this is what you mean), if i picked something up it was there to stay. I am still confused what you mean by loot cap outside of it just being a max amount of dropped loot existing at once and the loot having a lifetime, multiple times it was mentioned(I think even you mentioned it but may be wrong there) that the oldest loot disappears first, not the newest.

Also loot cap cannot really be individual because in case of warframe loot exists until everyone picks it up, so if the cap was individual it would demand more resources and people with weaker pcs will have more trouble playing.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Loot doesn’t have a set lifetime. Rather, there is a set amount of drops that can be present at a given time. 
So for example, let’s say the loot cap is 100 consecutive items, and that 70 items have dropped after an essence drop (i.e. steel essence is the 1st item, and we are currently on the 71st item).

If 30 more items drop without any of the previous ones being collected, the first item (the steel essence in our example) gets deleted.

If 25 items are collected (chosen arbitrarily), then 30 more items drop, then the steel essence will not despawn as you are still under the drop limit.

So what you can do is carefully manipulate the amount of loot drops present to make sure the steel essence doesn’t despawn.

Thank you for understanding

4 minutes ago, dkgaming1010 said:

i was doing the smeeta meta which is where you dont pick up the SE until you get your affinity boost (as mentioned earlier) without it, it wouldnt really be worth your time, because at one hour spent you only get 30k kuva when i can get 120k kuva instead with the smeeta method. And the true reason why im using this method is because DE has nerfed SE farming so much so that you barely get any kuva for it to be worth your time. You have to sit and spend 4 hours farming without the smeeta method just to get the same amount as the smeeta method does in one hour.

That is actually false smeeta gives double buff so you only potentially cut down the time in two, that's not counting the fact that it's a chance that smeeta procs the specific buff or at all. Also the SE drop was nerfed exactly because of this and nekros and other loot frames.

9 minutes ago, dkgaming1010 said:

i was doing the smeeta meta which is where you dont pick up the SE until you get your affinity boost (as mentioned earlier) without it,

So, when earlier you said that you were picking up all your loot, this was not actually the case.  You let it sit around, hoping that you would be able to double your rewards.  Well, you lost on that gamble.  That's what happens sometimes when you gamble.  You win some, you lose some.  This time, you lost.  The lesson here is to not push your luck.

Archived