Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

should I feed Sevagoth to helminth

_Anise_

Question

Sevagoth was a pain to farm, partly because railjack and partly it took me way longer than It should have to get him having gotten multiple dupes of other parts along the way.

so having played him though several sanctuary to max rank I am just stuck scratching my head.

I have a end game nuke build setup using another warframe that its super optimal and its shining!!

struggling to see what if anything Sevagoth is bringing or doing better than my main setup.

he has the self revive but if I wanted that I can get it from the vampire cat but better to just not die in the first place!.

has the two in one warframes in one thing but needing two sets of mods (and potentially forma?) is just making me think it might just be more complex to play and a grind to built if it works that way?

thinking I have to memorize 2 sets of skills and remember if I accidentally get omg one shot now I am using the second set!

(actually a question, do you get both auras at once or does it switch depending on which you are in?)

TLDR Is sevagoth anygood? where does he shine and doing what ? because I am not seeing any need to switch from my current nuke frame and should I just feed him to helminth? (given I can't see myself farming a second one)

12 answers to this question

If you don't mind not having access to him then sure, why not.

However if you've already invested forma/reactor/exilus I'd probably wait for another set and subsume that one. You'll eventually have several blueprints of him if you play the stuff he drops in enough times. And even his main blueprint, depending on your MR level, is easy enough to grind in a few days via Simaris.

As for Sevagothitself I do consider him good. Good survivability, CC, and and combat fluidity. He isn't "my main" material by any means, but it's a fine addition to my arsenal when I get tired of my usual frames.

I passively farmed a second one by cracking relics. In fact, I've got parts for about a dozen Sevagoths.

Personally I found Sevagoth to be very good, if a bit frail. He's good in almost everything thanks to Gloom, though Exalted Shadow shines in stuff like Mobile Defense where it can stay in the Gloom area for a lot more survivability. His kit isn't very complicated and for Shadow I almost never use abilties other than its 1.

Gloom is a very, very strong ability so I most certainly recommend subsuming him.

dont think the vampire cat's revive is better than sev's passive only because sev's passive has no cooldown, doesn't rely on a pet (with stupid ai), and guarantees a revive after clicking 5 times on an enemy; maybe at lower lvls where the cat is less likely to die sure but at high lvls pets become unreliable (except the vulpaphyla, reawaken djinn, or protea dispensary augment sentinels)

more clunky and annoying to use? yeah i'd give you that

better? nah

anyways to answer here u go
"do you see yourself playing and enjoying sevagoth in the near future?" if yes - go to step 2; if no, go to step 3

step 2 - keep him

step 3 - subsume him

don't overcomplicate

btw aura is only one at a time based on what form you're in

all the recent frame from grendal are just being mastery fodder to me, if you have access 2 parts and grinding the last one should not be hard. get the bp from simaris and feed the second one to helminth. you may never know when certain frames are specifically needed for certain mission type or event. 

Il y a 3 heures, _Anise_ a dit :

TLDR Is sevagoth anygood? where does he shine and doing what ? because I am not seeing any need to switch from my current nuke frame and should I just feed him to helminth? (given I can't see myself farming a second one)

Sevagoth is a forma sink, but he is good at killing waves of mobs in endless missions :
- Sevagoth has a synergy : cast his 2nd power then his 1st and you have a damage that scales with enemies HP (i.e. levels), the only issue is to manage to pack ennemies
- Shadow has an awesome CC that pack ennemies (with his 1st) and his exalted weapon has a good damage output with Heavy attacks (and forced slash)
A lot of people seems to like "Gloom" (sevagoth 3rd) but as I focus on SP the health regen ain't that useful and the slow prevents you from dying but don't help dealing damage

the non-obvious :
-
Upon casting Sevagoth 4th Shadow alway have starting energy. If you put "Preparation" mod on him and you'll start with maxed energy each time you use Shadow
- Be sure to have range mods on shadow, the range of his 1st is huge
- You can switch to shadow, pack his ennemies with his 1st and the switch back to sevagoth and cast his 2nd and 1st for the scaling damage in a pack of mobs (a bit tricky, but you don't have to subsume Larva or Ensare on Sevagoth if you really like his 3rd and want to deal damage with his 2nd+1st)
- The exalted weapon damage is based on Sevagoth Strength (not Shadow), but you will build Sevagoth with some strength for his 1st and 3rd.

5 hours ago, Soy77 said:

Do you want the ability on another frame?

Are you running out of slots?

Or are you just pissed that he's not so great and want to get rid of the b*st*rd?

1/potentially, I mostly want to open most subsumes maybe ones that seem good or interesting.

2/not really actually I have a bunch spare.

3/not so much annoyed, I kind of built my godlike frame that rips up everything and is nigh indestructible (if paying attention) and am just finding it hard to justify playing other frames, a lot of them just feel like a "worse version" of what I am already playing, sevagoth to me feels a bit like a more complicated valkry with more utility and maybe better nuke ?

but if I wanted to nuke a room, I would probably just play saryn and not have the forma sink or the complexity of having to remember 2 ability sets and switch between both frames

8 hours ago, Butterfly85 said:

Gloom works really well with several other frames so it's worth doing

I am thinking of a combo his might work with, healing scales off ability damage done ? which frames did you find it shined with ?

Yes

being a pain to farm shouldn't endear him to you, nor should any other MR Fodder (looking at you Sibear)

once you have him and gained the MR points, unless you actually enjoyed using him ( I did not ) then he's just fodder.

might as well unlock Gloom for potential usage

then in a year or two Sevigoth will get a Prime and Rework and maybe a second chance at being your frame.

Archived