Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

May 2021 seemed to have made DE angry at the bosses for some reason.

KnossosTNC

Felt like there's been a lot of Assassination Sorties this past month, so I checked my Single Loadout Sortie spreadsheet. Turns out, out of the 31 days, there were 17 Assassination Sorties, including two each against Jackal, Mercury Vor, Ambulas, the Sergeant and Phorid. Quite a jump from April, which had just 7 Assassination Sorties.

Just something I noticed. Wonder if there's something behind it, or is it just RNG?

I could be wrong, but for a long time I felt like it was weighted so at least half or more of the final sortie missions were an assassinate, but again... I've documented nothing so it could be entirely my imagination. 

It makes thematic sense though, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some weighting involved in the rng for final mission type. 

3 minutes ago, ghoti0315 said:

tbh this is how it should be, since the title is "Defeat (some boss)'s forces" and it makes sense if you have to kill bosses

I already skip every day Lephantis shows up as the last mission, we don't need to make that a more consistent possibility.

刚才 , Aldain 说:

I already skip every day Lephantis shows up as the last mission, we don't need to make that a more consistent possibility.

That is your problem ;-;

But with a proper build (I mean viral titania lol) I could solo it in under 5 mins so I don't really think it is an issue

4 minutes ago, ghoti0315 said:

tbh this is how it should be, since the title is "Defeat (some boss)'s forces" and it makes sense if you have to kill bosses

Well, it's "defeat their forces," not necessarily the bosses themselves. Hence the non-Assassination Sorties. I get your point, though.

1 minute ago, KnossosTNC said:

Well, it's "defeat their forces," not necessarily the bosses themselves. Hence the non-Assassination Sorties. I get your point, though.

That's why I don't think it should always be a boss.

But to me it makes thematic since that it would be weighted for the boss missions to appear more than other missions as the last one. 

5 minutes ago, ghoti0315 said:

But with a proper build (I mean viral titania lol) I could solo it in under 5 mins so I don't really think it is an issue

Regardless of if it is an issue or not it doesn't make it not a complete slog of a fight, especially if it rolls any Sortie modifier that makes it more durable.

8分钟前 , KnossosTNC 说:

Well yes, but you aren't really doing much to them if you don't defeat them once I think.

I'm not saying no to those rescue-spy-mobile defense sorties though xD

5 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Regardless of if it is an issue or not it doesn't make it not a complete slog of a fight, especially if it rolls any Sortie modifier that makes it more durable.

If you aren't equipped right, it can go so badly... 

One time I accidentally got myself stupidly roped into a really long one, don't remember how long it went, just way too long. 

Basically I equipped the wrong build, so I didn't have the right DPS to make waste of it in a reasonable amount of time, and normally I would just exit and start over. But I like to pub things, and by the time I realized it, I was already into the battle with some players who I realized were to shy to use recruit and would be hopeless to get through it without a better equipped player. So me trying to be nice I stayed in, when what I should have done was hit them up in chat and started a new mission with me where I was properly equipped if I wanted to be all helpful to Randoms.

But I was too ******* up at the time to even think of that, and so I slogged my way through that for who knows how many minutes. They thanked me profusely, I said no problem, and moved on, only realizing later how I could have made that situation better lol and not been such a dummy. 

Its actually refreshing to get lephantis since I can one shot the raptor and mutalist alad V. Sergeant is still a joke.

Anyway, I generally like the assassination sorties. Ambulas is an annoying waiting game, but the rest are ok.

37 minutes ago, ghoti0315 said:

That is your problem ;-;

It depends if that day requires a specific weapon set, e.g. bows. Screw that fight. Not wasting my time for that.

56 minutes ago, ghoti0315 said:

That is your problem ;-;

43 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

If you aren't equipped right, it can go so badly...

You know, it's weird how everytime someone points out how bullet sponges are a slog to "fight" some people come out and point out the obvious. Yes, we know it won't take as long with properly modded equipment. That doesn't change the fact that it's still nothing but a tiresome experience.  You know: Do the bore of a mission? Why bother when you can just skip it. You don't need to try to prove...whatever it is you are trying to prove so desperately at every opportunity.

12 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

You have a Sortie spreadsheet. 😱

Single Loadout Sortie spreadsheet, to keep score. To spice things up a bit I've been trying to do them by using a single frame, weapons and mods setup through the three missions. Today, for example, I used Nova for all three missions.

7 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Single Loadout Sortie spreadsheet, to keep score. To spice things up a bit I've been trying to do them by using a single frame, weapons and mods setup through the three missions. Today, for example, I used Nova for all three missions.

Nice idea and dedication, but damn I wouldn't be able to keep it up, I just login kill some things and log out again. lol

13 hours ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

You know, it's weird how everytime someone points out how bullet sponges are a slog to "fight" some people come out and point out the obvious. Yes, we know it won't take as long with properly modded equipment. That doesn't change the fact that it's still nothing but a tiresome experience.  You know: Do the bore of a mission? Why bother when you can just skip it. You don't need to try to prove...whatever it is you are trying to prove so desperately at every opportunity.

I'm not trying to prove anything. 

I enjoy playing Warframe. That's why I'm here. I enjoy the mission when I'm properly equipped.

I like playing core Warframe.

8 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

for a second I thought the title was referring to DE's bosses, the Chinese lol.

One of these days, the fact that Tencent is an international company whose primary investor isn't even China-based will stick.

9 minutes ago, Corvid said:

One of these days, the fact that Tencent is an international company whose primary investor isn't even China-based will stick.

In fact, I believe someone pointed out a while back that the biggest international shareholder of Tencent was actually South African, but that would hurt the narrative. 

Archived