Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does anyone that doesn't normally use K-drives enjoy the Yareli Quest?

PancakeLord333

After a good night's sleep I came up with 3 simple bandaid solutions that will make this quest, at very least, less annoyance.

1) DELETE/REMOVE : Earn X points in a K-Drive trick chain

This is worst part of quests. It is furstatingly hard if you don't know how, but just boring repeat of same thing over and over if you know how.

It simply is not engaging, fun or even teach us anything.

2) Clearly STATE which tricks need to be done mid-air.

There are some tricks that need to be performed while in mid-air. Mentioning that would be very helpful for players unfamilar to K-Drive

3) CHANGE : 'Earn Reputation X Ventkids in a single K-Drive Race' to 'Finish X Different K-Drive Races'

Despite many of races being over 3600+ reputation just for finishing, it is still possible for players to get randomly locked out due to bad racing spawn.

This change will remedy that out-of-player-control-RNGness and make players actually play different races instead of just repeating same one.

I enjoy k-drives, and use them when I am not in a rush to get around the maps brings me back to my teens and riding skate boards but I HATE this quest, its a buggy mess that half the time does not even pick up that you have done what it wants you to do.

On 2021-07-07 at 12:35 AM, shadyadie said:

i'm one of the weirdos who's max rank with the ventkids and i'm on page 2 of the quests and still wondering what some of these challenge words mean. i have had a couple of ciders tho.

update from the future: i can confirm it's 100x easier when you're sober. don't drink and k-drive, kids!

I agree with most people that dislike k-drives in general (wonky controls, not appealing/interesting).
It was a turnoff that the quest forces you to use k-drives at all, they could have used the Ventkids in a normal quest (like they could have been captured while driving or something like that). I haven't decided If i'm going to try it. However, least Yareli sucks, so I don't feel I really need to obtain this frame any time soon.

If we were talking 'this quest needs to include a useless part of the game', then i'd rather have it on Frame Fighter.

The real problem is, DE forces us to do various weird jobs or quit on EVERY open world area. At least I am already tired to do this. If the quest is the odd exception then I may play it and overlook the annoyance, but it is not the first annoyance, and it is sure that it is not the last one, that makes it really disgusting.

1 hour ago, DroopingPuppy said:

The real problem is, DE forces us to do various weird jobs or quit on EVERY open world area. At least I am already tired to do this. If the quest is the odd exception then I may play it and overlook the annoyance, but it is not the first annoyance, and it is sure that it is not the last one, that makes it really disgusting.

They want you to give up and just pay them 300 plat... its so damn clear, they make a quest that is super wonky, based on luck, grindy stupid and annoying.

I never bothered using K-drive until this quest, managed to unlock the first 2 or 3 pages, promptly gave up. Figuring out how it wanted me to do some of these tricks was annoying on it's own, and the "get 500 points in a single trick chain" felt impossible to me, but I managed to power through it only for the next thing it wanted me to do be "get 1,000 points in a single trick chain". It felt impossible to get 500, now it wants me to get 1,000? Are you kidding me? I looked it up on the wiki and apparently most points you can even get in a single trick chain is 3,000. They want us to get 1/3rd of the maximum amount of points it's possible to get? I'm not Tony freaking Hawk DE, I came here to kill hordes of enemies with amazing abilities and fun weapons, not grind out skateboard tricks. 

And then to research her parts we have to build a whole new lab? Oh come on. Whatever happened to just having the parts drop from boss fights? It was nice, simple, easy to find and farm, and didn't require me to learn a terribly built system. 

It was interesting learning the moves and controls that I didn't know about (like ground slam). But no, it wasn't fun.

Thanks for the info about using Ring Rail located at The Pearl. I was using the oval of sewage tubes near the Fortuna entrance.

A year from now DE will drop many of the requirements from this quest, and new players will be like:

• iZ tOO hArD!!

I think the worst part of this quest for me personally is I'm not even doing it for Yareli, I bought her pack off the market with plat because I had planned to do that from the beginning, so it was the first thing I did when the update dropped. So I'm doing all of this grind just to get a riven mod from the deal, and it's probably gonna be ages before I actually finish it because I stopped actively attempting it when I figured out that by the end of the quest DE wants me to be able to show Tony Hawk a trick or two

All the quest did for me was make me remember why I basically gave up on k-drives. An archwing is just plain superior and you know less catapulting your frame into low orbit cause you struck a tiny pebble of oddball geometry.

On 2021-07-06 at 5:18 PM, (PSN)Impulse2988 said:

I really hope DE see the responses to this, this might end up being a bit of a ramble or rant but here we go. You can't even call this a quest there's zero story in here just grab your k-drive and do tricks I play warframe to play warframe not a jinky version of Tony hawks pro skater. 

I have a lot of problems with the quest, but this is not one of them. If this doesn't deserve to be a quest, neither does Hidden Messages, neither does Limbo Theorem, neither does Mask of Revenant. Yareli is just as much a quest as those, just not as good

18 hours ago, GwinKyblood said:

well , i never did any high combo or advanced tricks and was easy the pages. So's noob friendly mini quest. 

yeah...i call shenanigans.

you completed the quest without doing it then? cuz you know....tricks and combos are what the quest is.

15 hours ago, Helixsliver said:

I was able to do the tricks fairly easily and quickly, but I suck at the races and am still stuck on the first page. As someone who doesnt like kdrive this quest is pretty unsatisfying

i dont understand this.

all you have to do for the races is finish them...you dont have to be good at them. they arent even "races" theres no time to beat and as long as you complete it...youll get the points to move on. you know the different races have different point values yeah? you are doing a race that meets the point requirement in the first place right?....right?

the tricks and combos are the hard part. especially considering how the given instructions for the tricks dont work...AT ALL.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb cha0sWyrM:

i dont understand this.

all you have to do for the races is finish them...you dont have to be good at them. they arent even "races" theres no time to beat and as long as you complete it...youll get the points to move on. you know the different races have different point values yeah? you are doing a race that meets the point requirement in the first place right?....right?

the tricks and combos are the hard part. especially considering how the given instructions for the tricks dont work...AT ALL.

And I don't understand this. What the hell is hard about pressing three buttons.

5 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

And I don't understand this. What the hell is hard about pressing three buttons.

well.....nothing is hard about pressing 3 buttons. the issue is that pressing the 3 buttons the instructions tell you to press....DOESNT WORK.

1 hour ago, cha0sWyrM said:

yeah...i call shenanigans.

you completed the quest without doing it then? cuz you know....tricks and combos are what the quest is.

??????? i said that i never did any specific trick or high combo chain before this quest.

I just pressed what was written on the page. XDDDDDDDDDDDD 

52 minutes ago, GwinKyblood said:

??????? i said that i never did any specific trick or high combo chain before this quest.

I just pressed what was written on the page. XDDDDDDDDDDD

i mean...we can all see what you said. you didnt say "specific" or "before this quest".

all you said was you never did the tricks or combos.

i dont know what to tell you...never means never, and thats the word you used. my call of shenanigans was correct...since you have now amended your statement.

I tried it. At first I thought it wasn't that bad because I only need to do these things on my list. Then I realized that's for each page. I hardly cared for k drive before because I have archwing. But now that I used it, I hate it now. The controls are bad. My warframe bullet jumping has more control and agility than this board that I use. The grinding is bad. Its not like Ratchet and Clank or Sonic where you magnetize towards the rail. You have this really high chance to fall off of it provided you can land on one in the first place.

Archived