Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hard locked progression on Sister - Can't kill her - solved

Smilomaniac

I've done a bunch of them without much issue, but this one has been a nightmare.

Throughout sussing out the correct order, she's repeatedly ignored 'stabs'. On the final planet side kill, every third of her, I down her, my stab gets ignored, I have to down her again and then the stab counts.
Not only that, but a bunch of 'press/hold x' prompts have failed extremely hard, such as resurrecting someone, I'll get locked into the animation and do the spray, but nothing happens and I can't move. Dude gets rezzed by someone else, I'm still stuck. Can't pick up weapons sometimes, can't hack, can't open a door, but all randomly, which is super fun because her hounds are the type to steal weapons which is a FUN AND REWARDING MECHANIC THAT I ENJOY SO MUCH.
^ this has only happened with her being around, game was fine before for the 5-6 other 'sisters'.

I finally get to her in space, get her down (which is a nightmare because she teleports constantly), I get the prompt, I press X and nothing happens. Hard locked, no option to do anything but abort/alt+f4. I had to drag 3 others through this twice, before I finally just tried on my own and the same thing happened. Tried restarting, rebooting and nothing, same result (obviously tried a bunch of things, going into operator and back, dying, going into mech, leaving the module and coming back, nothing works).

Does anyone have any idea if I can get rid of this massive pain in the ass? I'd rather just lose my progression and try it over again. If not, I have no clue what to do.

God this system is so absolutely terrible and obnoxious and they somehow made it worse with these girls, adding two game modes into the mix which are both massive annoyances.
I know I should probably throw this into some megathread somewhere, but I wouldn't get a solution anytime soon I think, so all advice is appreciated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Issue resolved by simply switching to a different warframe, from Rhino to Wisp. No idea what the problem is/was, I've done all the other sisters with Rhino (giggity).

Another user mentioned swapping out spent requiem mods to fresh ones, which solved the issue for him.

The really unfortunate advice is that you'll probably have to wait atleast a week and a half until after TennoCon and DE puts out more hotfixes.

You would think Empyrean taught them an important lesson about updates like this but whatever.

Just now, Voltage said:

The really unfortunate advice is that you'll probably have to wait atleast a week and a half until after TennoCon and DE puts out more hotfixes.

You would think Empyrean taught them an important lesson about updates like this but whatever.

Ah, 'unfortunate' seems to be apt. I could rant at length about how utterly incompetent and short sighted DE are, but they've been fairly good at nailing the really terrible bugs. Well, as far as I know, maybe others with similar bugs have waited forever to get their game fixed.

5 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

Not only that, but a bunch of 'press/hold x' prompts have failed extremely hard, such as resurrecting someone, I'll get locked into the animation and do the spray, but nothing happens and I can't move

The only time I have had issues like this before the solution was to push X again. It would unstick everything, but had to be repeated each time. Does that work for you?

You probably want to try verifying the download cache to see if that fixes it.

Funny, on PS4 I've experienced the exact opposite problem of holding the interact button.  Ever since the Lich update went out, if I'm in a Lich mission the game will act as if I've pressed or am holding the interact button for seemingly random things.  I'll do mercy stabs in the middle of regular melee combos, jump onto ziplines for no reason, revive pets while just running by, and other things without ever touching the interact button.  And it's ONLY in Lich (or now Sister) missions.  Any other mission?  No problems.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Smilomaniac:

I've done a bunch of them without much issue, but this one has been a nightmare.

Throughout sussing out the correct order, she's repeatedly ignored 'stabs'. On the final planet side kill, every third of her, I down her, my stab gets ignored, I have to down her again and then the stab counts.
Not only that, but a bunch of 'press/hold x' prompts have failed extremely hard, such as resurrecting someone, I'll get locked into the animation and do the spray, but nothing happens and I can't move. Dude gets rezzed by someone else, I'm still stuck. Can't pick up weapons sometimes, can't hack, can't open a door, but all randomly, which is super fun because her hounds are the type to steal weapons which is a FUN AND REWARDING MECHANIC THAT I ENJOY SO MUCH.
^ this has only happened with her being around, game was fine before for the 5-6 other 'sisters'.

I finally get to her in space, get her down (which is a nightmare because she teleports constantly), I get the prompt, I press X and nothing happens. Hard locked, no option to do anything but abort/alt+f4. I had to drag 3 others through this twice, before I finally just tried on my own and the same thing happened. Tried restarting, rebooting and nothing, same result (obviously tried a bunch of things, going into operator and back, dying, going into mech, leaving the module and coming back, nothing works).

Does anyone have any idea if I can get rid of this massive pain in the ass? I'd rather just lose my progression and try it over again. If not, I have no clue what to do.

God this system is so absolutely terrible and obnoxious and they somehow made it worse with these girls, adding two game modes into the mix which are both massive annoyances.
I know I should probably throw this into some megathread somewhere, but I wouldn't get a solution anytime soon I think, so all advice is appreciated.

there are too many bugs and fixes don't come before tennocon. was mentioned after all. and i know way too many bugs. therefore it is worthwhile to play something else. get new mele weapons, new warframes or whatever. otherwise you get too frustrated.

or look at this mindlessness. the guy was just immune and you couldn't do anything:

lich.jpg

44 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

First step, do it solo, since most of your problems are very very likely related to a poor host/client connection where you seem to be the client.

before I finally just tried on my own and the same thing happened. 

First step, read what OP wrote out.

33 minutes ago, ThelebK1 said:

Same just happened to me. I click X to kill it and it does nothing.

:/ That's a bummer dude. I tried a few more times and it's just the same result over and over.

I'll throw you a message if I figure it out somehow.

It's a buggy mess. I've had a host of issues from Sister not spawning, Oull mod not being given, Sister ignoring stabs, Sister collapsing for the stab in unreachable places, Sister not displaying what weapon they have, etc, etc.

Not to mention that when murmer farming the first mod in the order always seems to be the last one found. Oh, and every single weapon I've gotten has been 25-30 percent elemental damage. I've reached the point where it's hard not to believe that some of it is done intentionally to slow progression.

il y a 39 minutes, Smilomaniac a dit :

:/ That's a bummer dude. I tried a few more times and it's just the same result over and over.

I'll throw you a message if I figure it out somehow.

I managed to kill it. I don't know if it's the same for you but the parazon mods are used just before the railjack mission so it depleted both of my mods but i didn't notice. When i tried to kill the sister in the railjack mission, i had my parazon equiped with the depleted mods then. So now i just retried with operational mods and it worked (i had to replace one with a OULL because i didn't have JAHU anymore). I don't know if it's the solution or if it was just random luck but maybe it will help you.

14 minutes ago, ThelebK1 said:

I managed to kill it. I don't know if it's the same for you but the parazon mods are used just before the railjack mission so it depleted both of my mods but i didn't notice. When i tried to kill the sister in the railjack mission, i had my parazon equiped with the depleted mods then. So now i just retried with operational mods and it worked (i had to replace one with a OULL because i didn't have JAHU anymore). I don't know if it's the solution or if it was just random luck but maybe it will help you.

Thanks for the heads up, I did notice this to be the case that one was depleted, but I've tried with it swapped out. Maybe I'll try that omni requiem and see if that makes a difference. I know I've also had expired mods on other attempts without issue :/

2 minutes ago, Redfeather75 said:

Are you using any toggeable abilities. Twice when I turned off abilities it seemed to help with groupmates stabs.

Interesting point, but no, I've used Rhino Prime with and without his abilities active including iron skin (tried dying in between where everything is reset).

Il y a 8 heures, Battle.Mage a dit :

there are too many bugs and fixes don't come before tennocon. was mentioned after all. and i know way too many bugs. therefore it is worthwhile to play something else. get new mele weapons, new warframes or whatever. otherwise you get too frustrated.

or look at this mindlessness. the guy was just immune and you couldn't do anything:

lich.jpg

I think that Xata is pos 2 there. In earlier iterations I had that same kind of issues where symbols showed, I think it is some script error during the mercy process when not host, I'd go further and saying that the correct combination is in the mission state somehow and can be extracted easily if you are malicious.

Issue solved, I used a different warframe to complete the assassination. For whatever reason, the game had soured on my Rhino, so I used my Wisp instead, which by the way was extremely frustrating due to the bullet sponge stats these ***** have as well as me picking radiation and doing constant damage to myself due to it. Lovely.

Anyway, issue resolved, I hope others get some ideas from this thread to try some different things.

Archived