Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Prime revealed [UPDATE]: Strun Prime and Magnus Prime

Jarriaga

2 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

I was honestly expecting something a lot more.... Elegant.

elegant.. really? for the frame themed around disease and infestation, which in appearance is the very opposite of elegance.. 

I think they've done a decent job on him, if a little safe in places: I was kind of looking forward to something a bit more akin to the Phryke Deluxe Skin, particularly for his metamorphosis, but the additional layer of infested tissue still looks OK. 

2 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

elegant.. really? for the frame themed around disease and infestation, which in appearance is the very opposite of elegance.. 

Doesn't matter he's disease and infestation. Orokin aesthetics would have dictated that something as ugly as the infestation was nothing other than sinful. 

On 2021-07-17 at 3:01 PM, Jarriaga said:

I was honestly expecting something a lot more.... Elegant. Still, nice to see him.

Also: Hema and Hirudo will not be Primed because they are actual infested weapons. Instead, Nidus Prime will come with old Tenno weapons that are yet to get a Prime version.

nph.png

np.png

So AkMagnus Prime?! Got it

2 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Doesn't matter he's disease and infestation. Orokin aesthetics would have dictated that something as ugly as the infestation was nothing other than sinful. 

one of the Orokin themselves, Karishh, was a "violet-scented brute with 12 exo-sac stomachs that levitated beside him". not exactly elegant either, right?

as long as it's dripping in gold, the Orokin don't care quite as much as you'd think. even the argument of symmetry is debunked by the fact that many Orokin have one Elongated arm, making their body asymmetrical. 

Nidus Prime had me curious for a long time, as in: "really? Can't imagine him all gold and blingy." Just wanted to know how they're square that circle.

Turned out, they literally just slapped some gold on to him. Eh. Don't really think they have many options. Anything more creative than that would probably encroach on the Deluxe skins territory.

2 hours ago, Ceryk said:

I have to say that I am pretty disappointed with it too. For me, it's really more that the base for looks great, but the stacks form literally just looks like a messy mop of visual noise instead of anything that looks like a well designed, cohesive form that makes sense and has good visual presence and visual silhouette.

So basically you're saying....it looks like an Infested.

12 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

one of the Orokin themselves, Karishh, was a "violet-scented brute with 12 exo-sac stomachs that levitated beside him". not exactly elegant either, right?

We don't know what exo-sac stomachs look like. For all we know, they could look like diamonds. Also, Drusus Leverian is an unreliable narrator. We don't know how much he's exaggerating or how much of the story is made-up. Otherwise, Atlas literally punched an asteroid out of orbit and Ash had an assassination classroom.

12 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

as long as it's dripping in gold, the Orokin don't care quite as much as you'd think. even the argument of symmetry is debunked by the fact that many Orokin have one Elongated arm, making their body asymmetrical. 

The arm seams in the Entrati family makes the elongated arm look like an artificial augmentation. Until we know its function, we don't know if the Orokin hated having to go through the process.

13 minutes ago, DLOArceus said:

So basically you're saying....it looks like an Infested.

I've played this game for 8 years and am well acquainted with what the Infested look like. It looks nothing like an Infested who all have very well defined shapes, details, and easily readable silhouettes. It looks nothing like them. It's just a squiggly mess.

I do like the early designs of warframes. I do not have problems with the new ones but I liked more the early designs of warframes what Mynki made. He is now back in the board so he can contribue a lot visuals there also he prefers the simplistic designs. The look of Nidus prime seems okay to me.

2 hours ago, Serious_Lee said:

Nidus Prime makes no sense at all, story wise.
His story quest spefically says that he was born from a mutated strain of the Infestation, his very birth teaching the Myconians how to become immune to infestation.
Nidus was NOT made by the Orokin, so there should be no Prime of him!

Nope, his quest does not say that. In the Glast Gambit, the Myconians have an "Old War relic" that later turns out to be the Nidus blueprint. Since it's from the Old War, and it's a warframe, that means it was built by the Orokin. It certainly wasn't "born" in the Myconians' lifetimes, since it's millennia old.

Ergo Glast: "Their ancestral understanding of the Infestation comes from an Old War relic…"

Hope they also refresh the look of his abilities when the prime arrives as the abilities rather look a bit outdated and not great. They also cant be really costumized with the frame's colour scheme. Would be great if they did that and even GREATER if the abilities also changed with the stacks, similarly to how his look changes, that would be bonkers.

Also i would love if he still had some of that opening like he has on the normal version, but ill be okay if he will just be covered up mostly in this black goo thing. :P

If they will change the look of the abilities then I think i have a new main frame. Also will have something to spend my umbra formas on. :P

Edit: I as well like that they made the helmet and body look somewhat more like the base nidus but just more elegant with some gold. I am not all that much of a fan of changing the frame's look alll the way extremely, like they did with Trinity and Gara prime for example, though i dont mind Gara's apperance, Trinity's on the other hand...

38 minutes ago, Mrezu said:

Hope they also refresh the look of his abilities when the prime arrives as the abilities rather look a bit outdated and not great

So far, his maggots will look like an Excalibur Prime head.

3IEPLMhzSSwVP5HM80TTbDysIk6q6GZRWS5jDoT-

36 minutes ago, Deviched said:

When will Nidus P Vault release?

I think you're confusing Prime Access and Prime Vault.

Prime Access is when a new Prime frame is added to the game. It stays in-game for 18 months or so and then gets sent to the Vault to make room for a new Prime frame.

The Prime Vault then takes place some time later to allow the vaulted frame to return to the game for some time.

15 minutes ago, XxElite2015xX said:

Probably October near Halloween, fits the theme and it's holiday season so more money for them

That's way too late between PAs. Nidus should be here mid-August to September.

Archived