Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Prime revealed [UPDATE]: Strun Prime and Magnus Prime

Jarriaga

On 2021-07-19 at 3:57 AM, Fl_3 said:

It's mentioned in the Warframe Wiki entry on Nidus.

"Little is known about the history of the Nidus Warframe. However, the Myconian's relationship with the Infestation reveals that the Infested strain that created Nidus has helped them understand how to become immune to it, allowing them to harvest Infested flesh as part of their livelihood."

Which could be interpreted as "The Myconians had the chance to study a Warframe up close, and happened to discover something about the Helminth strain that allowed them to create a previously unknown method for resisting the Infestation."

Citation:  *ALL* Warframes are immune to Infestation.  The Infested hivemind can sense it within them, but can't control them.  The story mission where Alad V attacks with a Warframe equipped with an Infested control collar is the closest the Infestation has gotten, and so far it hasn't been able to duplicate that.

Nothing about that snippet says that there is anything specifically novel about Nidus, *except* that the Myconians had the chance to study him up close.  Coincidentally, Alad V has *also* had the chance to study Warframes up close, and *also* made a number of Infestation related advances.  IE, Mutalist Ospreys and Moas are completely Alad V's fault.  Prior to his meddling, the Infestation hadn't had a ton of success at assimilating mechanical beings, it just smashed them and ate them as raw materials the way it seems to do with starship bulkheads.

Not really on topic:  Helminth being able to create and then remove the Infested Cyst is an anomaly, but not a contradiction.  Helminth *exists* to manipulate the Warframe strain of Infestation.  It's also maybe important to remember that the Infestation is basically a kind of nano-bot plague, and is as much technology as anything else.  The Cyst could be closer to a software hack - such as the people who responded to EA and their "no one wants a pink Darth Vader" by going and making mods that allowed them to play Battlefront II as Pink Darth Vader.  When the Tenno uses the chair to order him to take the Cyst off again, it could be that they're just forcing him to uninstall his mod.  The Cyst exists because Helminth is one of the closest things we interact with to an "alien intelligence."  It thought the Cyst was an appropriate gift, and seems confused that some Tenno don't like it.  ("Why do you reject our beauty?")

TwkD81I.jpg

The prime looks as if he is half done and DE just gave up mid way on the design. The symbiote theme is attractive but it still seems as if there is something missing about the prime. I hope they add some orikin style armour plating to nidus prime. The fully mutated form should also have a more orokin touch with the gold and armor being symmetrically covered with the mutation. One can only dream.

8 hours ago, Deminisis said:

I'm curious how prime details will work on tennogen skins. Pretty sure he'll have the golden arm, but will the mutation work on tennogen too?

It should?  Maybe?  It looks like Nidus Prime uses some kind of shader effect, like a custom ephemera.  If they set it up to use the same texture mapping and basic model geometry (which I think all other Primes do?) then it should still be compatible with Tennogen.  At least, I'm not currently aware of a Prime that can't use Tennogen textures - maybe there are many of those and I just haven't tried the combinations that don't work.

3 hours ago, EmberStar said:

It should?  Maybe?  It looks like Nidus Prime uses some kind of shader effect, like a custom ephemera.  If they set it up to use the same texture mapping and basic model geometry (which I think all other Primes do?) then it should still be compatible with Tennogen.  At least, I'm not currently aware of a Prime that can't use Tennogen textures - maybe there are many of those and I just haven't tried the combinations that don't work.

i think they all work, but there is clipping &/or floating armor, so not the best result

On 2021-07-17 at 9:05 PM, Serious_Lee said:

Nidus Prime makes no sense at all, story wise.
His story quest spefically says that he was born from a mutated strain of the Infestation, his very birth teaching the Myconians how to become immune to infestation.
Nidus was NOT made by the Orokin, so there should be no Prime of him!

Would make much more sense to get something like a "Nidus Plague" (or something like that), a stronger version of Nidus coming from the Gray Strain on Deimos. Maybe even as a story quest...

Nidus umbra would have been better 😆

Looks great cant wait. Im assuming he comes st the end of july hopefully. I really hope the hirudo and hema get primed would love that however i feel like they won't sadly. So maybe the wepons will be something i won't care for unlsee it's his signature wepons. Maybe his accessories will be cool like armor and syandana infested/primed themed would be cool or it could be a empherma but who knows.I personally think this is the most unique looking prime to come out to make it better i hope they have the abilitys change with his stacks to make it look better.Also i find it weird that no one is blowing up region chat about nidus prime usually when there's a new prime that gets teased that happens just thought it strange i hadn't seen it.

14 minutes ago, (XBOX)SALTYOCean99 said:

Looks great cant wait. Im assuming he comes st the end of july hopefully. I really hope the hirudo and hema get primed would love that however i feel like they won't sadly. So maybe the wepons will be something i won't care for unlsee it's his signature wepons. Maybe his accessories will be cool like armor and syandana infested/primed themed would be cool or it could be a empherma but who knows.I personally think this is the most unique looking prime to come out to make it better i hope they have the abilitys change with his stacks to make it look better.Also i find it weird that no one is blowing up region chat about nidus prime usually when there's a new prime that gets teased that happens just thought it strange i hadn't seen it.

Primes come approximately every three months, so NidusP should be in the next

Sort the primes by release order: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Warframes#Prime_

51 minutes ago, (XBOX)SALTYOCean99 said:

I really hope the hirudo and hema get primed would love that however i feel like they won't sadly.

Already confirmed they won’t be primed. So I’m hoping for AkMagnus Prime. And he looks naked so I’m willing to bet we do get some kinda wicked armor and syadana. 

4 hours ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Already confirmed they won’t be primed. So I’m hoping for AkMagnus Prime. And he looks naked so I’m willing to bet we do get some kinda wicked armor and syadana. 

I just hope his accessories are at least infested themed since he doesn't get his signature weapons.

On 2021-07-17 at 3:03 PM, (XBOX)Skippy575 said:

Also, there's still hope for Akmagnus Prime!

If they don't give us Magnus, after all the teasing they've done over the years, and specifically mentioning that the weapons he gets will be older ones that haven't been Primed, I'm gunna lose my damn mind.

I like the base, but the fully mutated state looks more void than infested. Infested is a twisted fleshy biome, not goop. Kinda disappointed with that.

I'll play with the colors once I get it, but pretty much betting I'll just end up using the non primed skin.

Would like to know the cosmetics that are coming with it. Hoping at least those are properly infested.

We'll get our "primed" infested weapons when the infested lichs come out. Hoping for a buffed synapse myself. 

• 2 weeks later...

The real question is, what will Nidus Prime have (besides a new look and ssslightly better stats) to make his access worth the buy or his parts worth the farm? I wish primes would get some more love in terms of QOL. Maybe things like a dedicated augment slot. Or a new dodge roll animation. Maybe that you can get them to Level 40? Things like that. They don't feel special anymore. I honestly might just stick to my original Nidus instead of throwing a whole bunch of forma and exilus slots on a new one. 

Full Mutation does look kinda cool though 

This topic is more of a plea to the art team working on a primed version of nidus rather than a discussion, though i don`t know if they are monitor this section or not.

There is a problem with him imo, that will make me use his tennogen skin rather than the primed one upon arrival.

U see, regular nidus has 3 different forms depending on the amount of mutation stacks. Each one has different parts of him change with an animation. And big part of satisfaction playing the nidus come from seeing him visually change reacting to players usage of his mechanics. Also it is pretty convenient that u don`t have to check ur UI to know how far u are from the Undying state.

When i saw the full mutated version i really loved it with all it`s moving parts. Reminded me of a Death Stranding monsters design which is a GIANT plus. And it was really dissapponting to see his primed version behave just like a delux skin, which changes just ones on the 10 stack mark without any animation just pieces of armour appearing around him out of nowhere. 

Please, please, please if there is a room for a change return different mutate states with animations! Also, regular nidus don`t actually have any visual indication that he has 15 stacks and can enter the undying state his mutation stops at 10, so a small touch that adds visual cue to the primed skin would be the cherry on top :3 

SIncerely urs, Nidus fan.

43 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

If you check the concept art, the tentacles grow around his body slowly.

Therefore, it's already there! :3

U are actually right, and oh boy does it look good. The tennocon reveal got me worried.

Though im still a little concerned considering the animation part, really hope they will make it look like the black thing actually grow out of the frame, not just appear.

Thanks a lot for your reply!9k57rbolytb71.png

Archived