Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross-Play & Cross-Save Megathread - The Soonening(TM)/Public Test Edition

Letter13

1 hour ago, Xalcer said:

TennoCon: "Crossplay is coming soon"

Knowing DE, that "soon" can range from two months to never.

Event clock synchronization (Baro, alerts, etc) starts this month.

Edited by Jarriaga

2 hours ago, Xalcer said:

TennoCon: "Crossplay is coming soon"

Knowing DE, that "soon" can range from two months to never.

I cant keep giving DE money. Im getting sick of "soon tm". Star Citizen does the same thing and produces nothing. I almost find it disrespectful how the dev team plays it off sometimes, like today in the live stream with the knee jerk "cross play is cancelled joke" its not funny, we have been waiting for over a year.

Edited by Havenbrook

23 minutes ago, Havenbrook said:

I cant keep giving DE money. Im getting sick of "soon tm". Star Citizen does the same thing and produces nothing. I almost find it disrespectful how the dev team plays it off sometimes, like today in the live stream with the knee jerk "cross play is cancelled joke" its not funny, we have been waiting for over a year.

Dude, they JUST revealed Duviri, the longest project they've been putting off. Most of the delays happened because Railjack was a massive time sink and that they had difficulties developing on all platforms simultaneously. In part crossplay/crossave is there for DE to streamline the development process. 

That and crossplay isn't the hard part, you can do it under current tech. Making sure the player data doesn't disappear into the void is the hard part, so they are taking their time.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, (NSW)Symberzite said:

Dude, they JUST revealed Duviri, the longest project they've been putting off. Most of the delays happened because Railjack was a massive time sink and that they had difficulties developing on all platforms simultaneously. In part crossplay/crossave is there for DE to streamline the development process. 

That and crossplay isn't the hard part, you can do it under current tech. Making sure the player data doesn't disappear into the void is the hard part, so they are taking their time.

I'd MUCH rather wait and know my data wont get sent to the Void and actually gets saved. If we thought it like construction, I'd like to have a stable house; not one falling over.

Okay so I've been waiting for cross-save/cross-play since - realistically- 2019 as the PS4 version has barely been able to load my day 1 PS4 account since at least that long ago (I just want to transfer my shizness to a PC profile and enjoy the game on a Ryzen 59xx and RTX 3080) and then ya'll just gonna not do that and start developing "MK1-Skana: The Game." Hm.

4 hours ago, Havenbrook said:

They said themselves in the stream - "We don't want to launch crossplay/cross save and f*** it up, then have to turn it off again." Do you want it to work or not? Remember when Angels of Zariman released and people literally couldn't exit missions after completing objectives? All of the player progress and rewards were lost specifically because DE released too soon.

Imagine that, but with an ENTIRE ACCOUNT which someone had built up over several years, and spent hundreds of dollars on. This is something they have to get 100% right the first time.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Havenbrook said:

I'd suggest not to hold high expectation especially about the economy. Good chance the plat will still be locked to a platform.

This is great news, well i hope i can in some way merge my Nintendo switch account with my Steam account, if this happens its great i have being trying to level up my PC account to the same level of my switch account but after spending so much (both in time and money) in the Switch i dont think i can get it to the same level without spending a humongous amount of time and i would probably stop playing warframe because of that but if they can somehow give me the option to merge my account with at least my prime items from both platforms,  fashion frame from both platforms, platinum from both platforms and mastery rank level from the master account oh boy! i'm all in.

18 hours ago, Ronyan_ said:

This is great news, well i hope i can in some way merge my Nintendo switch account with my Steam account, if this happens its great i have being trying to level up my PC account to the same level of my switch account but after spending so much (both in time and money) in the Switch i dont think i can get it to the same level without spending a humongous amount of time and i would probably stop playing warframe because of that but if they can somehow give me the option to merge my account with at least my prime items from both platforms,  fashion frame from both platforms, platinum from both platforms and mastery rank level from the master account oh boy! i'm all in.

This I have a founders account on PC. But, my PlayStation account is so much higher of a level I hope there is a way to move the founders items over, or for the two to merge. I just don't want to loose what I contributed to the game on steam including the founders items and PSN.

Edited by Biga_Boom
Forgot a bit of info

I'm ready for cross save my toaster Xbox One makes loud noises every time I try to play warframe. My friends haven't even touched warframe since the middle of last year as we have all moved to new platforms. We need cross save and cross play soon. My only worries are losing items we paid for on Xbox or whatever platform we are coming from. I can deal with losing Xbox exclusive cosmetics cause they aren't the best but if I lose my fashion frame and tennogen or even rivens I'm gonna have an issue.

While merge would 100% be my preference on cross-play, I do wonder how it will work with limited slots for things. I migrated my account to Switch when that launched, but have been back to playing on PC again lately. So I have some stuff I've done on Switch but not on PC and vice versa but a lot of duplicate weapons/frames/etc. Will the slots available on multiple accounts also be merged?

However they decide on this, I hope they take their time to make sure it comes out right. I've waited plenty of time for this finally being announced, I can wait as long as it takes to finish cooking.

This Polygon article brings up an interesting issue with games that are delivery higher triple A level gameplay, on mobile devices. 
Specifically, how the games file size is causing issues for players on the mobile platform. 
I am curious how and if this will impact Warframe on Mobile. I am also bracing for the inevitable avalanche of Mobile will hold back the PC master race fears. Just as the consoles where going to ruin everything. The closest I can imagine to having issues like this is the Switch, which I have heard from casual players say does not perform well. But, I have no personal experience with. If true, then maybe performance of Warframe on mobile may not be on par with the more powerful consoles, but closer to the Switch. Again, speculation on my part. Perhaps, there are plans to address this. 

https://www.polygon.com/23216158/genshin-impact-mobile-players-update-sumeru-patch-size-hoyoverse

While I like the idea of merging accounts.  I would prefer something where I can chose a build/account under the same login.  At the very least I would like to keep most of what I have on both accounts so in the case of a merge.  I want all the stuff I gained on both.

As for the market I suggest the following.

make traded/purchased plat different.  Then adopt the console model for tennogen and plat.

So all plat purchased for full price is usable on tennogen. All traded plat is not (treated the same as gifted plat).

All plat collected on PC before the merger is treated as traded/gifted plat. From now on only in-game market discounts are offered as login rewards. 

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

While I like the idea of merging accounts.  I would prefer something where I can chose a build/account under the same login.  At the very least I would like to keep most of what I have on both accounts so in the case of a merge.  I want all the stuff I gained on both.

As for the market I suggest the following.

make traded/purchased plat different.  Then adopt the console model for tennogen and plat.

So all plat purchased for full price is usable on tennogen. All traded plat is not (treated the same as gifted plat).

All plat collected on PC before the merger is treated as traded/gifted plat. From now on only in-game market discounts are offered as login rewards. 

Those ideas would go over about as well as a boat made from rice crackers. PC players would not accept those changes.

• Like 1

I guess there is easy solution for multi-platform purchases => Aya. (Or some other premium currency.)

Maybe that one will be used specifically for Cosmetic/PrimePack purchases..

I'm huge fan of Cross-Save. I'd like to play my PS-Warframe on my Nintendo switch..