Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross-Play & Cross-Save Megathread - The Soonening(TM)/Public Test Edition

Letter13

47 minutes ago, (XBOX)Kuhl MC said:

Hmm, all fine and well, but I will only believe it, when I see it. There are some points, that will be hard to address in order to make this actually work imo. First of all, the simultaneous release of patches. How is this going to work, if consoles need certs for bigger patches (looking at you decaying stack bug), while PC doesn't? Will PC players have to wait for patches in the future until console certs are done? I doubt, that this will please the PC crowd. Next: What about Tennogen? PC players need to buy this stuff with real money via Steam, while console players can use their Plat instead. PC players switching their account to console, buying all Tennogen stuff with their Plat and then switching back to PC would cost DE lots of revenue. And not allowing console players to buy that stuff with Plat after so many years  or blocking Tennogen off completely for them, would cause a lot of uproar, too. MS for example is not allowing real money transactions from third party sources on their console right now, no clue, how this matter could be solved tbh. So yeah, I will personally consider the whole matter influencer click bait until reality proves otherwise, just saying.

Outsides updates sync issues, all of your oncerns are related to cross save, cross play won't mind (this is why cross play will be here sonner than cross save)

Cross play = make squads regardless of the platform

cross save = use your account and keep the progress regardless of the paltform

vor 3 Stunden schrieb (XBOX)Kuhl MC:

Hmm, all fine and well, but I will only believe it, when I see it. There are some points, that will be hard to address in order to make this actually work imo. First of all, the simultaneous release of patches. How is this going to work, if consoles need certs for bigger patches (looking at you decaying stack bug), while PC doesn't? Will PC players have to wait for patches in the future until console certs are done? I doubt, that this will please the PC crowd. Next: What about Tennogen? PC players need to buy this stuff with real money via Steam, while console players can use their Plat instead. PC players switching their account to console, buying all Tennogen stuff with their Plat and then switching back to PC would cost DE lots of revenue. And not allowing console players to buy that stuff with Plat after so many years  or blocking Tennogen off completely for them, would cause a lot of uproar, too. MS for example is not allowing real money transactions from third party sources on their console right now, no clue, how this matter could be solved tbh. So yeah, I will personally consider the whole matter influencer click bait until reality proves otherwise, just saying.

Oh noes, I am so sure that noone at DE thought about all the points you brought up and now they are in red alert and don't know what to do. This might actually be the reason why Steve migrated to Soulframe, because he did not know how to handle all of this, don't you think?

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Dunkelheit:

Oh noes, I am so sure that noone at DE thought about all the points you brought up and now they are in red alert and don't know what to do. This might actually be the reason why Steve migrated to Soulframe, because he did not know how to handle all of this, don't you think?

And what exactly does your comment add to the discussion? Asking for a friend.

• Like 2

II thing the game might benefit to have cross-platform function and links. because I have friend that not play on pc that play warframe that I can't play with at all. I have the Nintendo switch and I will not play over there because I need to restart from the start. isn't it a good idea to link all the platform together do one account so will not have to redo or restart if you with another platform. if we don't have to??

'They' who were saying that were not DE, who did not announce a release date.

DE is currently in the final stages of making crossplay work, such as synchronising console and PC rotations and they have announced the testing phase. I respect it's annoying to be told to just wait, but that is all that you can do.

• Like 3

OK so I have 2 different profiles , both under the same email and info ... I have been playing on Nintendo switch for very close to a year actual play time . I got my hands on a gaming pc and thought well I'll try to put my info (email/password) and see if it all transfers over to the pc .. but it didn't work that way at all ... I can't lose everything I've done on the switch but my question is. Is there anyway to transfer or fix this issue ? Even if not being now but maybe in near future .. I really would appreciate any help or comments thank you ... oh BTW my profile name I wanna keep is MaCsauCe and the other one I hadda make on pc is mackyne95 ... thanks again 

Well thank you for the response , I knew about the cross play and save being in the works but I'm wondering if me having 2 accounts.  1 account is on Nintendo switch the other 1 is on a gaming PC but they both have the same email and password ... I have to keep my Nintendo account but I don't have access to the switch anymore ... does that make sense to you ? 🤔  

I want to know when the full platform intercommunication can be achieved. I am a PC and NS player. I think the number of players on the NS side is very small. Sometimes, the mission goals that other players need to work hard to achieve cannot be completed because they cannot find teammates. I remember that there was news of the full platform intercommunication last year, but this year's Carnival did not raise this issue again. I really want to know when the whole platform can be interconnected. I look forward to this day.

https://www.warframe.com/news/devstream-163-overview

Crossplay
We mentioned at TennoCon that we are close to doing some Community tests of our Crossplay tech and this is still true! Expect news about those tests hopefully soon. Once Crossplay is in a comfortable state, we will be turning our focus to Cross-save afterwards as we roll out these systems in phases.

This is one of our biggest priorities for the team in terms of tech right now, and we are so close!

No exact date yet, so we still need to wait.

There is no date, what is known is that crossplay is being tested now, it could be as early as today or as late as the final of the next year.

Has all this, there are interviews on various websites and official information in the forum or the page why do not use the search engine?

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG