Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross-Play & Cross-Save Megathread - The Soonening(TM)/Public Test Edition

Letter13

56 minutes ago, (XBOX)mordusy said:

I want to get back in this game but i have it across 3 platforms will my accounts be merged if i continue play or should i just not waste my time just in case they dont ?? or will there be a main platform save they will use ?

On 2022-09-09 at 4:17 PM, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GourangaPL said:

i'll put it that way: whoever finds using xbox pad fun can't be trusted... we don't need console players so i disabled cross as soon as it was possible, i play with PC players and everything works fine for me, so if you want to make it work just disable it

(hides USB controller) Oh yeah, PCMasterRace all the way. Who in their right mind would use a controller? Not me, nope.
Episode 17 Laughing GIF by The Simpsons

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

(hides USB controller) Oh yeah, PCMasterRace all the way. Who in their right mind would use a controller? Not me, nope.
Episode 17 Laughing GIF by The Simpsons

...if I could get the Switch controllers to work with my PC I'd never touch K&B again.  Except for, like, typing.

9 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

...if I could get the Switch controllers to work with my PC I'd never touch K&B again.  Except for, like, typing.

I had a lot of trouble with the Switch controller. I had to enable/force Steam to manage the controller drivers. Now if I install any non-Steam app to run through Steam, I can use the Switch controller to play anything. I can even run the Epic Games launcher through Steam 🤣

qGnEfiq.png

One of my friends swears by DS4Windows, but it didn't work at all for my generic brand switch controller. Steam dealt with it perfectly tho.

Edited by LillyRaccune
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

I had a lot of trouble with the Switch controller. I had to enable/force Steam to manage the controller drivers. Now if I install any non-Steam app to run through Steam, I can use the Switch controller to play anything. I can even run the Epic Games launcher through Steam 🤣

qGnEfiq.png

One of my friends swears by DS4Windows, but it didn't work at all for my generic brand switch controller. Steam dealt with it perfectly tho.

And now I love you.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure this have already been answered but I haven't found much other than Ps5 and Xbox series are getting a updated version soon and that cross save is coming soon. I'm just wondering if there going to be released together or separately because I haven't really played Warframe since before the new war update and I enjoyed the game but I find myself playing console more and more and don't want to restart my progression but at same time I don't want to fall too far behind in the updates and just feel overwhelmed or get gated from accessing content my friends are playing when or if I return to the game.

2 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

I was wondering, how's it going with your switch controller? Is it working out for you?

Girl Love GIF

You've created a monster, is what you've done.  I'm over here lounging on my office chair with one arm over my head and knocking out melee combos. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I think cross-platform is a Great move! :) Matchmaking will be easier for both PvE & the Arena PvP mode. As a week one Warframe player on Ps4 I'm actually still waiting

for cross save so I can finish my move to PC and make more Youtube videos again, My very first video was a Warframe video and it got 430 views.

Thanks To DE for working on these options!! :D

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

No, what you want is cross save which will happen after we guarantee that cross play is stable with all platforms.

Also important to note: Cross platform, Cross save, and Cross play are all three different things. 
Cross save and cross play combine to make "true cross platform". 

What we have now with cross play means you can now play with your prestige 2 buddy on PC as swtich pleb. That being said, Cross save is not to far off. Probably with or around Duviri to bring players back.

Edited by (PSN)ARC_Paroe
  • Like 1